Views

Users

Frequent Posters

niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 14 years ago
Ranveer in jail in Bidaai
Buzz up!

Star plus Sapna Babul Ka Bidaai will see some major high points when Ranveer aka Kinshuk Mahajan will be jailed in the coming episodes giving scope for a series of twist and turns which will shock all Bidaai fans.

An Indya source tells us, "In the coming episodes, the audience will see that Sadhana (Sara Khan) and Ranveer (Kinshuk Mahajan) are at a mall when an unfortunate incident happens as Sadhana is eve teased by a couple of men. This is when Ranveer tries to save her, and in the struggle ends up killing one of the people. Ranveer's jail stay will have an impact on the relationship of Sadhana and Ragini which will further get strained".

Further, about the twist our source tells us," Though the complete track has not been finalized, it is speculated that for some unknown reason Sadhana does not side Ranveer in the court case, which leads to him serving more punishment. If this track gives good response in the TRP then there will yet another twist in Ragini's health especially after the court case is over."

About this development, we spoke with Kinshuk Mahajan aka Raveer, "I have no clue about this twist and its better to speak with our creative team."

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/November/News_20091109_35
niveditha thumbnail
Bidaai and Yeh Rishta gets back its normal schedule..

Bidaai and Yeh Rishta gets back its normal schedule..

Starting this week, Star Plus will be airing Bidaai and Yeh Rishta from Monday to Friday. This means they have revised ...

niveditha thumbnail
Amarr Upadhyay to enter Bidaai..

Amarr Upadhyay to enter Bidaai..

Amarr Upadhyay enters Star Plus' Bidaai as the successful lawyer who will defend Ranveer...

niveditha thumbnail

Granny tales

SARAH SALVADORE , TNN 16 November 2009, 12:00am IST
Print Email Discuss Bookmark/Share Save Comment Text Size: |
The days of telly moms-in-law seem numbered. There was a time when the on-screen saas didn't leave any stone unturned to create havoc in the
Surekha Sikri in Balika Vadhu
lives of the dutiful bahus.

Now, the quintessential tormentor of the daughter-in-law has taken a backseat as another family member has taken over the mantle 'tormentor-in-chief'. It's time to say hello to the evil daadis/naanis.

A look at the current crop of popular shows on TV will prove that the mothers-in-law have been reduced to playing submissive and crying women. In the absence of a vampish saas, the slot has been successfully filled by the conniving daadi. Uttaran has Pratima Kazmi playing the mean grandmom, Meghna Malik's the mean Ammaji in Na Ana Is Des Mere Laado, while Naaniji in Sapna Babul Ka... Bidaai is causing roadblocks in Alekh's successful treatment by shattering his confidence, Surekha Sikri is the much-feared daadisa, and Amma in Chhoti Bahu ensures that she's making Radhika's life miserable. It's the daadi show all the way.
Breaking away from the traditional and lovable portrayal of grandmothers in the shows, soapmakers have chalked out a different character-route for the matriarch of the family. "When making a show, a negative character is a must for the story to go forward. Either we get the character from outside or from within the family. In Balika Vadhu we have given Daadisa's character shades of grey to keep the story going," says producer Sunjoy Waddhwa on being quizzed about the new trend.

The makers also believe that an external force bringing about negativity in family dramas don't go down well with the audience. "It's a family drama. Everything that happens should be within the house, even if it's a person spreading bad vibes. And honestly, people are tired of watching the same saas-bahu struggles," opines actor Sara Khan. No wonder then that these shows are enjoying a successful stay at the TRP charts. Balika Vadhu raked in a TRP of 4.19, while Bidaai followed close with 4.08. Uttaran averaged a 4.09, while Chhoti Bahu stands at 3.1.

Production houses insist that the portrayal of the daadi/naani as the negative character is not just for the sake of 'change'. "If one observes the so-called negative characters, he/she will notice that they are not completely negative. The grandmother is the matriarch of the family and rules with an iron hand. It's natural for humans to err and her character is very human and real," explains Waddhwa.

"In urban families, which are basically nuclear, we think these characters are negative because we don't live under such restrictions and fear. But rural families are bound by restriction, culture and tradition and such characters do exist," he adds. Producer Rajan Shahi too shares the same opinion. "In a traditional set-up there are a lot of restrictions. Those who impose these restrictions are viewed as people with negative characters. But that's not true. One needs to understand the reasons behind it as well," explains Shahi.

So while traditional family dramas are being lapped up by tellybuffs, let the grannies bring in the TRP.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv-/Granny-tales/articleshow/5232904.cms
niveditha thumbnail
Ashita Dhawan to take a break from Bidaai
Buzz up!

Ashita Dhawan known as Malti bhabhi of Sapna Babul Ka Bidaai will be taking a break from the show for her marriage soon in January and her other character will wrap up in some time.

Since Ashita is tying the knot with her beau Sailesh Gulabani in January
she will take a break." I will take a break for 15 days. I have
already spoken to the production house of Bidaai about it. I have
informed them that from January 15 until January 31, I will not be able
to shoot. However I really do not know what they are going to do with
my character .But I will definitely continue working after the
wedding. It is not that I will leave acting. In fact
you never know I might be seen in more shows after my wedding."

She plays a very lively character of Bubbly in Ladies Special," We
always had in a contract that our show will have 104 episodes, which
means it will go on for at least six months. So in the show, Bubbly has
got cancer and the doctors have told her that she has just three months in
her hand, therefore Bubbly wants to enjoy all these three months, she is
considering herself lucky that at least she knows when she will die,
she wants live her life to the fullest .She has always supported everyone
in the show and actually now her track has started full flegedly."

Ashita is not sad that her character will not be there in the show
anymore." If my track would have ended and the show would have been
still on air then I would have felt bad but the show is also ending soon,
so it is fine .I am happy that my character was loved by everyone and
they are feeling bad that she is dying in the show."

Ashita is getting married on January 20 next year and is also excited
to work with Shailesh if they will get a good script.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/November/News_20091116_71
niveditha thumbnail

His last cameo lasted nine months, though it was only expected to be around for two months. He played a positive lover boy who turned into a Shah Rukh Khan-ish psychopath from Darr in the recently concluded Doli Saja Ke on Sahara One.

In less than a month, Amarr Upadhyay returns with another cameo in the seven-day soap, Sapnaa Babul Ka Bidaai. He will be playing a lawyer in the top tearjerker on Star Plus.

When asked, he confirmed the news and said, "Rajan (Shahi) and I go back a long time. We did a show for Star Plus three years ago called Viraasat. It had a successful run. After that, we were in touch. Rajan wanted me to do another cameo in one of his other soaps, but then he withdrew the offer because he wasn't sure if I'd suit the role. This time when he called up for this role, he was sure I'd fit it like a tee."

The actor steps into the show as Ranveer's (Kinshuk Mahajan) lawyer who bails him out of a murder case.
According to Rajan Shahi, the producer and director of the show, Upadhyay's character is quite similar to Ram Jethmalani, except that he's achieved that kind of success much younger, he's never lost a case and has a tight diary date.

He allots meetings for 2011 in 2009. "My character, under pressure, takes on Ranveer's case and aims to crack it in his favour at any cost," adds the once-famous Mihir.

Upadhyay seems to fancy cameos because they leave him with ample time for family and friends.

"I have a life. I can't offer myself to the TV grind. I need to see my children grow. Besides, if a cameo becomes popular, it gets extended into a full-length role. My role in Doli Saja Ke was expected to end in two months but since people loved it, the channel extended it for nine months," says Upadhyay. So, wouldn't Bidaai be a grind, given that the show is a seven-day soap? Upadhyay informs that it won't be so because the show is being turned into a five-day, the way it was a month ago.

"Thank god the channel brought the show back to its original schedule, otherwise, a seven-day show can be quite demanding," he smiles.

Hindustan Times

niveditha thumbnail

Yes you have heard it right, Rajshree Thakur aka Saloni of Saat Phere is all set to make a comeback in Rajan Shahi's on going show, Bidaai. The actress has agreed to play a pivot role in the serial.

"Yes I have been approached to play the lawyer but nothing has been confirmed as yet. The day I get the call from the production house regarding the dates of the shooting only then can I tell you about it," states Rajshree.

Talking about the character of lawyer she elaborates, "I have really liked the character and it's not too long. My stint will last for 4 to 5 episode if I get it so let's see what happens. As it is a cameo and strong character I would like to do it."

Our khabroo from the sets informs, "Rajshree will be playing the lawyer who will fight the case against Ranveer where as Amar Upadhya will be from helping our hero. Yes the entry of Rajshree is yet to be confirmed."

The show is getting spicier with its twist and turn to get back its dipping TRP's. Lets see whether Rajshree enters the show or not.

http://news.desi**fo***.net/television/indian-television-news/4321-rajshree-thakur-to-enter-in-bidaai.html

niveditha thumbnail
Rajshri Vaidya pitted against Ranveer in Bidaai

Rajshri Vaidya pitted against Ranveer in Bidaai

Rajshree Vaidya will play an important cameo role as the prosecutor all set to prove Ranveer guilty.

niveditha thumbnail

We had been hearing the news of Sara Khan has taken a break from hosting Dance Premiere League due to her declining health but the truth is something different. Sara has been shown the doors by the channel and production house.

"Sara was acting too smart on the sets and her tantrum was just getting bigger by the days thus the channel and the production house decided about her ouster from the show," informs our kharboo.

In all media interviews the actress has stated of taking a break due to health issues. "Yes she hadn't been keeping well but this is not the reason for her ouster. Sara is not on break from DPL but confiscated from the show and that too because of her starry attitude," adds our source.

We tried calling Sara for the comments but all our efforts went in vain.

Sara needs to remember to keep her head on her shoulder or else she may be needed to pay a high price for it.

http://news.desi**fo***.net/television/indian-television-news/4656-dpl-sara-khan-was-shown-the-door.html

-ParidhiHolic- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Sadhna and Alekh heading for splittsville

05 December 2009 | 7:11pm 73 Comments
  • Seems like the Bidaai couple is heading for splittsville in the coming days…

Rajan Shahi and Star Plus' Sapna Babul Ka Bidaai, is in no mood for happy scripts. Already the viewers are disappointed with the frayed cord of unity between the sisters, Ragini (Parul Chauhan) and Sadhna (Sara Khan), which even led to a protest by ardent female followers of Bidaai.

At that time, producer Rajan Shahi had stated that, an amicable storyline, suiting the needs of both the creators as well as the viewers of the show will be framed. However, the way the track has been laid for the days ahead, we doubt if it is indeed 'amicable'!

According to our source, "Sadhna, who is the prime witness in the ensuing court case, will refuse to budge to her in-laws wishes. She will staunchly stand by the truth and tell that Ranbir (Kinshuk Mahajan) undeniably killed the goon who troubled her. This results in deepening Ranbir's legal crisis. Sadhna's in-laws extremely detest her utter disregard for the overall well-being of the family and ask her to move out of Rajvansh Haveli. Alekh too will disown Sadhna. He gets ultra upset over Sadhna's attitude."

We spoke to Angad Hansija aka Alekh who says, "If you go to see the present scenario, you'll find that Alekh is keen on improving himself so that he can make his parents happy. He is super focused on his work. His primary aim right now is to make progress. He is really not taking in any of Sadhna's works or words."

When questioned whether Alekh will disown Sadhna he says, "Yes, there is a probability of such things happening. Because if like you say, Sadhna does go against Alekh's parents' wishes and tells the truth, which further pushes Ranbir into trouble, then yes Alekh will feel bad. He might end up reacting very harshly to Sadhna because when Ranbir can save her from trouble, why can't she reciprocate the favor?"

We tried contacting Sara Khan, but she remained unavailable for comments.

Reporters: Srividya Rajesh, Susan Jose
    Author: Susan Jose