Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 15 years ago

Kinshuk Mahajan has a cute image but this dark-grey shirt with the scarf doesn't match the denims and the brown lines are unnecessary. Even the shoes don't work. The attire makes him look ordinary.

http://www.indya.com/gallery/indyagallery.aspx?aid=758

niveditha thumbnail

Who is the 'Black Sheep' in Bidaai?

Well, this is the one question for which viewers have been awaiting an answer ever since Rajan Shahi and Star Plus' ...

niveditha thumbnail
Killer gets revealed in Bidaai

It has been weeks since Bidaai is getting closer to solve the mystery but it is not getting solved and so is Alekh's condition in the show.

However an Indya source says:"We are soon going to shoot
for a sequence where the killer will get revealed and right now we
just shot for a sequence where a journalist reveals some fact about the
murder and that is how the doubt falls on Choti maa, so we will focus on
this track where this doubt will keep on shifting between Vasu and
Choti maa."

Our source further spills the beans and informs, " On Monday, like we
have promised, we are going to reveal the mystery and it Choti
Maa.The sequence will be like this that Rajvansh family is still
unaware about the killer and it will remain so even after Monday also
because, it is the audience who will get to know this."

Dramatic twists will reveal that, "In all this doubt game when Choti
Maa will be alone in her room and she will talk to herself about how
she did this murder and now how she is feeling scared of it, what will
happen if the family comes to know the truth .We have kept this very
guarded, most of the unit members also do not know about this, as we
shot this sequence with her separately. But there is still time, when
the family will come to know about it and it is said that it may happen
around Diwali."

It is going to be one of the biggest high points of the show. But Natasha
who plays Choti Maa in the show says:"I do not know about this .I have
been playing negative characters for many days in various shows ,and
here when I was given the brief I was told that my character will be
pillar of the Rajvansh family. We are also clueless about the killer and
we are yet to shoot for that sequence."

Interesting twist!

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/September/News_20090905_24
niveditha thumbnail

Kinshuk on Cloud Nine..

Kinshuk Mahajan aka Ranveer of Star Plus show 'Sapna Babul Ka... Bidaai', is on cloud nine as the Asha Bhonsle album ...

niveditha thumbnail
Bidaai girls party in UK

Sara Khan and Parul Chauhan, known to viewers as Sadhna and Ragini of Sapna Babul Ka Bidaai, had the wonderful opportunity to interact with their oversea fans.

This happened over the weekend at an event organised by Star Plus to showcase its programming in the UK. The two actresses got to interact with fans and even performed in a show. Sunil Pal, winner of the first Great Indian Laughter Challenge, was also present with the two girls. This is the first time that Star has arranged such an event.

Sara and Parul had a gala time in the UK for three days and were thrilled to see how popular they are. It was a special honour for them to be selected from among the cast of their hit shows The two girls also got a chance to shop and go sightseeing. To accommodate the trip, the actresses had shot in advance for the show and gone there. They are not back yet.

We hope they have a blast.
http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/September/News_20090914_65
niveditha thumbnail
Sara Khan recovers from eye surgery

Sara Khan of Bidaai fame recently underwent surgery because of an infection in her left eye. But despite her operation, she has been busy shooting for Dance Premiere League.

We caught up with the feisty actress:

"Yes, I have had eye surgery, which is the biggest operation I've ever undergone. I had an infection in my left eye that I had ignored for six months. I was in pain in the past few weeks, but I still ignored it," she says. "But then my face started swelling up so I went to my family eye doctor who told me that the infection had spread and surgery was the only remedy. The operation was last week; it was very painful and I had stitches in my left eye."

Sara adds, "Despite the pain and the surgery, I was hosting Dance Premiere League by wearing glares. Ali was very supportive. Now, I am taking antibiotics and painkillers and I hope the pain reduces."

About Bidaai, Sara tells us, "The current track is the biggest twist in the serial. There will be more revelations and mysteries."

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/September/News_20090922_105
niveditha thumbnail

Sara's fast recovery from Eye-stye..

Sara Khan aka Sadhana of Bidaai recently underwent an eye surgery to get rid of a stye in the eye. Ali Merchant helped ...

niveditha thumbnail

Naveen Saini's dream comes true..

Naveen Saini who has been in Mumbai for nine long years has finally managed to buy a flat in Mumbai.. Th actor is on ...

v.flora thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

On small screen , daughters 'Rule'

SARAH SALVADORE , TNN 27 September 2009, 12:00am IST
Print Email Discuss Bookmark/Share Save Comment Text Size: |
It's Daughter's Day today. And who better to epitomise the ideal Indian daughter, than the small screen betis. In an age and time when girls are
A still from Agle Janam Mohe Bitiya Hi Kijo
outgoing and at times take up the mantle as breadwinner of the family, the idiot box has thrown up some memorable daughters that every Indian wished he/she had.

From being the centre of affection of the family, to going all out to solve problems, these on screen characters have managed to grab the eyeballs and rule the hearts of viewers from all over the country.
Over the past few years, the tube has managed to weave stories that revolve around the female protagonist. With her never-say-die attitude and concern for her family, the quintessential Indian beti has gone ahead and matched shoulders with the men in the family, just like Jassi and KKusum. And no, she does not mind sacrificing her love and life for the betterment of those she loves. So if Laali from Agle Janam Mohe Bitiya Hi Kijo willingly accepted her fate for the sake of her family, then Simi from 12/24 Karol Bagh - Yahan Baste Hai Kuch Sapne, agrees to marry a sleazebag of a guy so that her brother too can tie the knot. And the audience too is lapping up every bit of the story. "Today, the focus of most shows has shifted from the bahus to the daughters," says actor Sara Khan who plays Sadhna in Sapna Babul Ka... Bidaai. "The female audience connects to the kind of sacrifices that the daughter makes for her loved ones. Men too are hooked on to such shows as they are close to their daughters," opines Khan. In fact, Sara's on screen character, Sadhna, marries a mentally challenged man so that her dark-skinned sister can get a better groom than herself.

And if that's not enough, there are those who take up cudgels for their rights and for those who suffer a similar fate.
Jia in Na Aana Iss Des Meri... Laado, fights tooth and nail with the patriarchal Ammaji to stop female infanticide in the village she lives in. She does not hesitate to subject herself to risks, so that her fellow women can be better off. "There are still places in India where female infanticide is practiced. At a time when the tube reaches every part of the country, there is a need to portray a strong female character to inspire and mobilise the women in those areas to stop such practices. Moreover, women especially daughters, have a lot of inner strength and ability to cope with such circumstances,"says actor Parul Chauhan.

While daughters have always been the focus, the father-daughter relationship too has been hailed on screen. In fact, there are some shows that sensitively portray those emotions, like Aap Ki Antara, where a father is trying his best to cope with his daughter's autism. Our on-screen beti's chose real life incidents to portray their on-screen emotions. "Everyone knows what parents go through when their daughters are getting married or suffer from some problems. Daughters can't stand it when their loved ones suffer, hence they are ready to do anything for them," says Hina Khan from Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai.

A friend, confidante and ray of happiness, a daughter is everything that is portrayed by our small screen betis. There are so many ways to celebrate this special day. But what better way, than tuning into these shows and celebrating the spirit of the girl child.
Edited by v.flora - 15 years ago
v.flora thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Tantrums of Bahuraniyaa

Well we are talking about the three most popular bahu's of Star Plus, Akshara, Sadhna and Ragini. Hina Khan, Sara Khan and Parul Chauhan are riding high these days as the TRP's of the show has risen again and so as their tantrums.

These bahu's are getting tougher as the days passes. Well we are talking in terms of their attitude. "Recently there were few people from the media who wanted to interview the bahu's but they refused to talk and said that they are very busy," chirps our khabroo from the sets.

"We do receive calls from the journalist for fixing up their interviews but all these three bahu have recently got lots of attitude and they avoid speaking to the media. One has to call them number of times to get their quotes or the interview," adds the source.

It seems their head is not on their shoulders. Well girls do remember that this is the game of TRP's so bach ke rehaina….