Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

v.flora thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Voices on Swine Flu

Swine Flu is on the rise and it's making havoc in India especially in Pune and now in Mumbai and so every sector is taking precautionary measures from Swine Flu. Indya spoke to television actors about Swine Flu and what precautions they are taking to stay away from influenza.

Parul Chouhan

"Yaa. Its very scary but I'm taking extra preventive measures because after having chickenpox its obvious that I have to take care more and so my doctor has given me tablets which are rich in Vitamins and minerals which will ultimately improve my immune system."

Precautions: Washing my hand with dettol and this is told by doctors itself."
Wasna Ahmad

"I'm really very worried because its an air borne and can happen to anyone so I'm just keeping myself clean and also telling others, especially to crew members from the set to keep themselves clean."

Precautions: Avoid crowded places, if any body feels feverish please go to a doctor for further medication."

Sweta Kawatra

"I'm not at all worried because I have consulted my doctor about precautionary measures and my doctor has said to keep yourself clean and healthy and agar kisi ko hona hai toh ho kar hi rahega and I'm not at all worried."

Precautions: Stay Hygienic

Aamir Ali

"Its scary because it's in India especially in Pune and Mumbai but the government had told us that there is no need to panic but one must take care and on the personal front I'm not taking any preventive measures and I hope that things will be fine in the coming weeks."

Precautions: Not much precautions but do check with the doctor if anyone gets a cold."

Sanya Irani

"No yaar I'm not taking precautions and on set it's almost difficult because while shooting we can't put mask but one thing is that I'm taking Vitamin C tablets which is really good to increase your immune system."

Precautions: Increase your immunity.

What is Swine Flu?

Swine flu, otherwise known as pandemic influenza H1N1 2009, is a disease caused by a virus that affects the respiratory system.Any person with flu like symptoms such as fever, cough, sore throat, cold, running nose etc. should go to a designated Government facility for giving his/her sample for testing for the H1N1 virus. After clinical assessment, the designated medical officer would decide on the need for testing. Except for cases that are severe, the patient would be allowed to go home. The swine flue virus is mainly from one person to another through droplets released during coughing or sneezing. You can also get infected when you touch surfaces or hold objects contaminated with the virus. It can be door handles, tissue paper, handkerchief or hands.

Preventive Measures

Regularly wash hands with soap and water

Keep a distance of at least one step from an infected person or person with any of the symptoms to avoid contract with the influenza droplets

If you make contact with a sick person or with a potentially infected surface, please do not touch eyes, nose or mouth until you wash your hands with soap

Avoid close contact with a sick person and refrain from handshaking, kissing or hugging

Be active at all times, drink plenty of fluids, eat well, reduce stress and have enough sleep
source: http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/August/News_20090810_49
v.flora thumbnail
Janmashtami twists in serials
Dhanashri Kulkarni/Hill Road Media

Janmashtami is this weekend, so you can count on your favourite TV serials to introduce some new changes and twists in their stories, to complement the festive season.
Showing 3 of 4 images Previous Next

Sapna Babul Ka Bidaai, STAR Plus
The story continues with Ranvir finding out the truth of his grandfather's death, with Sadhana's help. Our source says, "Ranvir is upbeat, and is delving deeper into the truth behind his grandfather's death. At the same time, the Ragini-Ranvir storyline will also be developed. In the meantime, Malti bhabhi will also create some drama which will be interesting to watch."
niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Bidaai completes 400 episodes

Bidaai completes 400 episodes and two years today, on August 14, and the team found a special way to celebrate the occasion.

Angad Hasija, who plays Alekh, says it was Rajan Shahi's idea to celebrate the show's success. "It's a different kind of celebration. All unit members are going to get gifts. The cast usually celebrates by going out and partying, but these people who work so hard do not get any appreciation. So, this time, we are going to give all of them different gifts like a silver coin or CD player, one by one."

Angad believes that it is always good to remember these people's efforts. "They work really hard. At least we actors get a chance to rest in our makeup vans, but people like the light men, spot boys and everyone work for 24 hours. They never get any recognition or fame, so it is important to make them feel special at least on one day." The cast and crew will also cut a cake with the unit members.

As for the show, Angad says, "There are lots of interesting high points which will come soon. The person responsible for Aleph's condition will be revealed, and Ragini and Sadhna's story will also see some twists."

Angad has enjoyed his past year on the show and says, "I still remember my first day. When I was giving my first shot, Alokji and Vibhaji were watching me, and I was nervous in front of such senior actors. Now, people have started recognising me and compliment me, which feels nice."

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/August/News_20090814_77
v.flora thumbnail
Best cameos on TV
Sonali Joshi/Hill Road Media

They have exceptional acting skills and asking them to do cameos only increases the chance of improving TRPs.
Showing 1 of 5 images Previous Next

Hema Malini: She has worked in shows and even tried direction, but it was fun to see her play herself as a guest judge in a dance competition held in Bidaai. We'd love to see her do more of such roles. It would be also great to watch her perform, instead of just judging.
Showing 5 of 5 images Previous Next

Parul Chauhan: Parul debuted on TV with Woh Rehnewali Mehlon Ki. She has done a cameo in Kayamath, playing one of the friends of the main lead, though very few people are aware of this. She was the girlfriend of Prachi's brother and barely had any dialogues or scenes.
source: http://www.indya.com/gallery/gallery.aspx?aid=680
v.flora thumbnail

Bidaai rocks its fourth century!

Rajan Shahi's Sapna Babul Ka Bidaai on Star Plus has completed four hundred episodes and to celebrate the same, a get together was kept on the set, wherein the star cast who expressed their gratitude for all the support in making the show a grand success felicitated the crewmembers.

Producer Rajan Shahi says, "The show has completed four hundred episodes. "The cast distributed the gifts to the crew, thanked the unit of Bidaai for all the support. Bidaai is my first production and is close to my heart"

Producer Rajan Shahi's daughter Ishika was seen bonding with Sara Khan and she is a regular viewer of the show. Avinash Wadhawan and Seema Kapoor were seen interacting with the crewmembers very enthusiastically.

Kinshuk Mahajan playing Ranveer says, "The serial has turned four hundred, but we feel very young at heart". Parul Chauhan adds, "Bidaai has given me name and fame and I am thankful to Rajan Shahi as well as Star Plus for giving me the role of Ragini."

Angad Hasija says, "Bidaai is a landmark show and I enjoy acting for it. I am sure it will continue to be successful for many years"

The cast and crew to celebrate the occasion cut a big chocolate cake.

Rajan Shahi's Sapna Babul Ka Bidaai on Star Plus has completed four hundred episodes and to celebrate the same, a get together was kept on the set, wherein the star cast who expressed their gratitude for all the support in making the show a grand success felicitated the crewmembers.

Producer Rajan Shahi says, "The show has completed four hundred episodes. "The cast distributed the gifts to the crew, thanked the unit of Bidaai for all the support. Bidaai is my first production and is close to my heart"

Producer Rajan Shahi's daughter Ishika was seen bonding with Sara Khan and she is a regular viewer of the show. Avinash Wadhawan and Seema Kapoor were seen interacting with the crewmembers very enthusiastically.

Kinshuk Mahajan playing Ranveer says, "The serial has turned four hundred, but we feel very young at heart". Parul Chauhan adds, "Bidaai has given me name and fame and I am thankful to Rajan Shahi as well as Star Plus for giving me the role of Ragini."

Angad Hasija says, "Bidaai is a landmark show and I enjoy acting for it. I am sure it will continue to be successful for many years"

The cast and crew to celebrate the occasion cut a big chocolate cake.

niveditha thumbnail

Ranveer and Ragini unite in Bidaai...

Ranveer will get back his biggest support Ragini in Star Plus' Bidaai...

v.flora thumbnail

Sara Khan ka encounter with Bollywood Khan!

Any guesses' well the young bahu of television, Sara Khan is now all set to meet Salman Khan on the sets of Dus Ka Dum. The actress today is going for the shoot of the same and is very excited.

A person close to Sara revealed, "Sara was very excited to meet Salman Khan and she has managed to get some time off from her shoot of the show Bidaai and will be heading towards RK Studio for the shoot with Mr. Khan."

The actress has appeared on a reality show with Shah Rukh Khan before. "She and Parul did appear with SRK on the show Paanchvi Paas and had a gala time. This time Sara is going alone without Parul, and she doesn't even have the company of her boyfriend Ali Merchant," chirps the source.

"Ali is too busy shooting and rehearsing for his dance with Karishma Tanna on Colors for the Ganesha Utsav special. It's a known fact that Ali is a big fan of Salman and wanted to attend the shoot, but due to his prior commitments he could not do the same," adds the source.

We tried contacting Sara and Ali, but the duo was not available for comments.

It is sure going to be a dhamaka when the two khans meet!

source: http://www.realbollywood.com/news/2009/08/sara-khan-bollywood.html
niveditha thumbnail

New entry in Bidaai..

Star Plus' Bidaai will see the entry of Indrajeet's Bua who has all the answers to the mystery clouding the Rajvansh house..

niveditha thumbnail
PARUL CHAUHAN
[27 Jul 2009]

"I Haven't Really Thought Of A Relationship With Nishant Yet"

We all want to be loved and have a happy, long-lasting relationship with a person we care about. But it isn't always that easy to figure out who the right person is. Even though it is said that love is blind and connections happen instantly, sometimes, one truly needs more surety than just meeting their new love and walking around with a smile you simply can't get rid of.

And maybe that is what is happening with Parul Chauhan, our very own Ragini from Sapna Babul Ka Bidaai and Nishant Bhatt, Shilpa Shukla's choreographer from Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa.

According to sources, Parul and Nishant have been seeing each other since a while now. Yes, you read right. Parul is supposedly dating Nishant and not her choreographer Deepak, who she was linked with during Jhalak... The question on everyone's lips right now is, are the two really a couple? Or is it just another mere story that gossip mongers have twisted? To get the real dope behind this buzz, we decided to speak to the people concerned.

When we question Parul about her new liaison, she patiently hears us out and is surprisingly quite forthcoming about the entire situation. Says Parul, "I know Nishant for a year now and we got a chance to get closer during Jhalak… Both Nishant and I used to rehearse simultaneously for Jhalak… and that's how Shilpa, Deepak, Nishant and I became such good friends. We are close friends right now and there's nothing more to it."

But according to the grapevine, she is said to be looking for something serious with Nishant. How true is that? "Well," she pauses for a few seconds before answering that. "I haven't really thought of a relationship with Nishant yet. However, for me, it's better if everything starts with friendship. Right now we are good friends. I can share anything with him, say anything to him and when both of us get a chance we even hang out together. If I need a suggestion, I take it from him and vice versa. Our friendship is really strong that way."

Parul has apparently even been spotted getting cozy with Nishant at a few suburban coffee shops. What does she have to say about that? "Yes, I do go for coffee with him because when I am free I like meeting my friends and he is a good friend. But we've never gotten cozy there. We're good friends and we even go shopping together. Nishant buys what I like and I buy what he likes but that's that," she says sounding intensely alarmed.

Considering she comes from a very conservative background, how do her parents react to her friendship with Nishant? "My parents have never stopped me from doing anything," says Parul, coming into her own again. "They've never stopped me from making friends because my parents have always trusted me. In fact, my mom has even come to the set and seen me laugh and joke around with Nishant and everybody, so there's no problem there. At present, Nishant and I are close friends and if something concrete does materialize between us, I am not going to hide it," she ends categorically.

It's quite evident that there is something between the two. Perhaps they are at a stage where they're still figuring each other out. And maybe they want to be completely convinced about one another before coming out in the open about their affair. Whatever their reasons for keeping it mum might be, we just hope this relationship is able to last the test of time in an industry where nothing is permanent.

http://www.magnamags.com/index.php/200907274545/showtime/features/parul-chauhan.html

* By Raedita Tandan
niveditha thumbnail

Sara Khan: She is fair and skinny, so doesn't have to worry about the right colour or even about Indian or western clothes. However, since she has to wear ethnic outfits on the show, we have seen her a lot in varying shades of gold. In this snap, the gold-coloured looks good.

Parul Chauhan: She really needs a good stylist. Certain colours suit her complexion better than others; this golden-yellow outfit was not the right choice.

http://www.indya.com/gallery/indyagallery.aspx?aid=714