Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 15 years ago
Ali-Sara the popular unmarried Jodi of television was suspected to be secretly married. Prying media has been constantly inquiring them on the status of their relationship.

Now, finally Ali clears the air. "No, we are both very much single and happy in our lives. She is only 19 and I am 24; we are not looking forward to have Balika Vadhu in our lives. We need another two to three years." States Ali who is tired of answering to media on his imaginary secret marriage.

The lovely young couple is not yet prepared to tie-a-knot and is busy shaping their respective careers with immense togetherness. Ali has just bought a car chosen by his lady-love Sara.

Sara chose a black Fiat Linea worth Rs. 7.6 lakh, and Ali went with her choice. "Her choice is always right," croons the love-struck lad.

Jodi appeared together in 'Hans Baliye', a show for only real life couples. Hmm...well guess these days live-ins also count, oops there we go on another conspiracy theory...

http://news.desi**fo***.net/television/indian-television-news/983-ali-merchant-says-no-to-balika-vadhu-.html

niveditha thumbnail

Parul Down with Chickenpox

Parul aka Ragini of STAR Plus's Bidaai falls victim to chickenpox…

niveditha thumbnail
Parul Chauhan has chickenpox

Parul Chauhan has fallen ill with chickenpox and will not be able to shoot for her role as Ragini in Star Plus's Bidaai for several days.
The actress told Indya: "It's been tough for me and I have not been able to shoot for Bidaai. The chickenpox has made me feeble and the doctor has advised me to not work for at least five days. So, I will have to wait for a couple of days more and then resume shooting."

Parul, however, isn't planning to take a break and go back to her hometown. "My mother and brother have come down here to take care of me. My father could not come as he is looking after my sick uncle."

Parul illness doesn't change anything in the script. "We had shot in advance so those episodes are airing now, and I will anyway be back at work in a few days. But I hope the marks on my face don't stay too long. The entire Bidaai team has been supportive supporting me and just told me to rest. They are sweet and caring people and I am blessed to have them around me."

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/July/News_20090721_108
niveditha thumbnail

On Sick Leave - Parul Chauhan

On Sick Leave - Article

Edited by --Pinky-- - 15 years ago
niveditha thumbnail
Puneet Tejwani's plans

Puneet Tejwani, who is Shlok in Sapna Babul Ka Bidaai, has finished shooting for his role in the show. But the actor can't relax yet as he has two films in his kitty.
"I finished shooting on Monday (July 20). After a two-week break, I will start shooting for my new movie. I can't give you details about it, but I am playing the lead and first schedule be here in Pune. We will shoot few songs abroad."

The actor has already finished shooting for another movie, a thriller called is Aaja Gunaah Karle. "It is a story of four guys, there is no female leads. Varun Badola, Rajesh Sriganrpure and a newcomer, Ganesh, are in the film. The film is ready for release and will be in theatres within two-three months," he adds.

Despite his film commitments, Punnet is looking to work in TV as well. "I am looking for a lead role now. I always work on my own terms and conditions, and my production houses will not stop me from working in TV shows. If any interesting offer comes up, I will definitely do it. It's not the medium that is important, but the work, and our work is to entertain people. So I will even do commercials if they are good."

Puneet did a cameo in Bidaai, where he played the brother of Malti (Ashita Dhawan) who came from abroad and treated mentally ill Alekh (Angad Hasija). His character left the show on Tuesday (July 21).

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/July/News_20090724_120
niveditha thumbnail

New Entry in Bidaai; Mystery to unravel...

A new girl in Ranveer's life enters Bidaai, in Jenice Sobti. Also mercury levels rise as the hidden truth of the ...

niveditha thumbnail

Ragini, Ashita and Vibha in Dekh India Dekh..

The three talented ladies Ragini Khanna, Vibha Anand and Ashita Dhawan will give themselves some comic relief as they ...

niveditha thumbnail
Twist in Bidaai

Murder mystery of Dadaji is about to be resolved in Sapna Babul Ka Bidaai.

Meanwhile in the coming episode it will be revealed that Ranvir and Alekh are not real brothers in the show.

An Indya source from the show says:"Right now we are concentrating on the murder mystery to get solved. Alekh is yet to recover and has been facing many problems, but on the other hand someone from the family too is behind him and purposely willing to scare him. The entire family is in tension because of that."

There is still time for Ranvir's track to come into focus.The source adds, " But in the coming week it will be revealed that Ranvir who is the younger brother of Alekh is not his real brother and step brother. We have not started shooting for this sequence as right now we have a very tight schedule and

telecast issue. We have to shoot today for tomorrow's episode. So shooting for this sequence will start after few days, our main focus will remain on the murder mystery first."

"Ranvir's behaviour was suspicious from the past few days and there was a buzz that there would be major twists revolving around him which will change his life. Moreover, one more major twist will come when Ranvir will come to know about his real parents. We have not finalized on that track as of now but we will work on that soon," concludes our source.

The twist will come when Kiran played by Jenice Sobti will enter in the show. She will have a past with Ranvir which the Rajvansh family will discover. There will be a love triangle between Ranvir 'Ragini and Kiran.

https://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/July/News_20090727_139

Twist in Bidaai - Article

Edited by --Pinky-- - 15 years ago
--Pinky-- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Yeh show filmi hai!

SHILPA BANSAL , TNN 27 July 2009, 12:00am IST
Print Email Discuss Bookmark/Share Save Comment Text Size: |
While small-screen stars are making the transition to the big screen, it seems the scripts for Bollywood movies are finding their way to TV.
Still from Bhaskar Bharti and

Whether it's plots or characters, Hindi films seem to be providing some much-needed masala to television serials. The plot of Star Plus' Tujh Sang Preet Lagayi Sajana smacks of Subhash Ghai's film Saudagar. Jeevan Saatthi Humsafar Zindagi Ke on Colors is reminiscent of Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam.

Even the latest shows, Bhaskar Bharti, Ladies Special and Palampur Express on Sony Entertainment Television, have traces of Mr Ya Miss, Life... in a Metro and Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar, respectively.

But TV producers dismiss the allegation, saying there's no deliberate attempt to copy films. "There are a few ideas around which stories are built. So, the plots may seem similar. But that doesn't mean we're copying Hindi films," says Roshan Abbas, producer and conceptualiser, Palampur Express.

"It's possible that as the show moves on, you'll find it similar to Iqbal. That's because Indian cinema has explored so many themes that TV serials are looking like reflections of them. Hollywood films are so big that they can't be adapted as serial scripts. Bollywood should come up with such plots. Even Balika Vadhu was initially written as a film, but since that didn't work, it was turned into a serial," explains Roshan.

Some claim the stories on TV go beyond the original scripts. "We may take the idea from a film, but while a film is over in three hours, a serial goes on for a long time and needs a new twist every day. The presentation has to be strong enough to keep audiences from saying, 'I'd rather pick up a DVD and watch the movie'," says Deeya Singh, producer, Bhaskar Bharti.

Archita Biswas, scriptwriter of Tujh Sang Preet Lagayi Sajana, agrees. "Since Tujh Sang Preet Lagayi Sajana and Saudagar are about warring families, people might think the serial is based on the film. But we've introduced various new angles that weren't in the film."

Sapna Babul Ka... Bidaai, a hit serial on Star Plus, has increasingly begun to look like Vivah. But ask Rajan Shahi, the producer of the show, about it and he says, "If we blatantly copy, the shows would look forced. We have to keep viewers' interest alive or TRPs could fall."

As for Seeta Aur Geeta on NDTV Imagine, the producers have clarified that they have officially bought the rights to remake the film into a serial. "Our target audience is the youth and there are old films they wouldn't have watched. So, there's no harm in remaking them into serials, as long as the originals are given credit," says Sunil Bohra, producer, Seeta Aur Geeta. But will it get the same response as the film? "Our audiences are very entertainment-friendly. They will enjoy anything and any number of times if it comes for free," smiles Sunil.
--Pinky-- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
When we spoke to Parul about her health she said, "It's almost one week I'm out of work because of chickenpox and moreover I'm eating non-spicy and non-oily food and now I'm fed up of eating only dal-chaval and roti, lekin kya kare health is first. Before those marks appear Alokji was really appreciating my face and next day I got chickenpox. Now the marks are fading up and I'm glad that my face is not spoiled as during the initial days the mark where really prominent that I was not able to speak properly and this made me so depressed. I cried when I saw myself in the mirror but now I'm fine."

Later on she told us that," I took care of myself as I didn't tell my mom, she had gone back to her home town to look after my uncle who was also sick. I'm now taking care of my skin as and today I will be going to the doctor for a check up and to will ask him when to resume shooting because I'm really missing Bidaai sets. I am hoping to start shooting soon and also to eat spicy food again."

Sapna Babul Ka Bidaai was on an interesting track -Alekh and Sadhana getting married and Ragini will support her sister in their marriage ceremony.

Parul Chauhan to start shooting soon-Article