Users

Frequent Posters

v.flora thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

I want to play Amitabh's daughter: Sarah

7 Jul 2009, 0051 hrs IST, NEELAM BANSAL, TNN
Print Email Discuss Share Save Comment Text:
Winning audiences over with her girl-next-door looks, Sadhna in 'Sapna Baabul Ka –Bidaai', Sarah Khan has become the small screen's sweetest lady.
She talks about her journey from a small town to a glitzy world, her lucky break, her boyfriend and on her dream role with Amitabh Bachchan.

How did the show happen?

Oh! I never ever thought of being the part of the show. I had just completed my schooling and the production team approached me for the audition. I was surprised when I was offered the lead role in 'Bidaai'. I was earlier selected Miss MP 2007 and did modeling for local channels in Madhya Pradesh. I have also worked as a host in DD Madhya Pradesh and other channels but this offer was hugely overwhelming. It's not just the glamour but it's very challenging as well.

Are you similar to the character you portray?

No, there is a different dimension to my personality than what's on screen. The character Sadhna before her marriage in the serial is the real life Sarah Khan who lives in the present and who is always vivacious. I am not that quiet like Sadhna. I am extremely chirpy and naughty. I even have a boyfriend. I'm not that simple and submissive. And another refreshing contrast is that in real life I love wearing jeans, T-shirts and shorts. I cannot be wearing ethnic clothes and heavy jewellery all the time.

Can you recount your worst struggling phase?

I am very happy that the turning point in my career happened without much effort from my end. When it comes to struggle, I can say I've been lucky. There were no intense look tests or screen tests after the audition and I got a call to join the show just five days later. Leaving my parents for the first time is my only struggle so far. The only price I'm paying for my success is by staying away from them.

Can Sarah ever think of succumbing to social pressure to marry a man with special needs?

I can identify with the character on screen to a certain extent. I would definitely have done it. In the serial, I have sacrificed a lot for my family as an ideal daughter and even a wife. Though in my real life I am a total contrast to Sadhna of 'Bidaai', in an unfavourable situation, I will step into her shoes and do the same for my family. I will sacrifice my desires without any regrets to help my near and dear ones. I know it's tough but I would have gone ahead if the matter revolved around my family. In a do-or-die situation I wouldn't have thought much and would have kept the just-go attitude.

What do you think has kept the show going?

The serial is doing well because of its simplicity and of course we act well (laughs). It has real emotions, thoughts, plus creativity that attracts viewers. It's the story that counts and very captivating.

What is the visual image of a bride in your mind?

She must be committed to her partner and everything related to him. I give a lot of importance to family values. The bride must be supportive of her husband and not talk ill about the family. Ups and downs should be lived through together by the couple.

How do you and Parul Chauhan aka Ragini get along?

Apart from being co-stars we are best friends as well. We're both positive in our real as well as reel-life. We gel very well.

How important are looks for you?

I don't say that looks are not important because it's because of my looks that I got the break in the serial, but yes, it's not everything. It's God grace, blessings and love of well-wishers that matter. One's dedication definitely helps him/her to prove their mettle. Besides, these there is luck and talent that always helps you achieve a lot.

How was it winning the favorite Patni award at the Star Parivaar Awards?

Winning 'Best Patni' award doesn't mean that I have stood out the best. There are many actors who performed better than me. Again, I think it's luck as well as hard work that fetched me results. The recognition has also boosted my confidence.

Who is your favorite actor and idol?

I want to create my own identity and name. I want my fans to know me as 'Sarah Khan'. My favorite actor is undoubtedly Amitabh Bachchan. It's my dream to work with him someday. I would love to play his daughter or be associated with him in any venture.

How do you deal with the work schedule? Is it too hectic?

Acting was always my ultimate goal. So I don't mind working endlessly and giving hundred percent to my work. It's very hectic but I still love my work and am passionate about it. I love to shoot and never get bored!

What do you do after pack up?

After long shooting shifts, when the unit packs-up, I spend two to three hours with my boyfriend, Ali Merchant. I want to see Ali at least once every day. I miss him while he is away but then that's how it works between us. Despite my my packed schedule, I find time to meet him.

Hobbies and interests apart from acting?

I can't live without dancing. Dance is an important part of my life. Dancing is my obsession, zeal and craze which I just can't do without. I'll try my luck in another season of Jhalak Dikhlaja. Amidst working, shooting and dancing my other indulgence is cooking. I really cook well. Ali loves 'mere haath ka khana' and it's like a festival for him when I cook. He keeps licking his fingers when he eats my cooking. And not only Ali, once I impressed his father preparing butter-chicken for him which he praised a lot.
niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Sarah Khan wishes to enter the big screen
The 19-year-old cute and adorable Sarah Khan from Sapna Baabul Ka Bidaai has no doubt won a million hearts on the small screen, but now the actress plans to enter the big screen. Her dream role is to play Amitabh Bachchan's daughter in a film.

Hmm..well, it's good to dream big girl, but not all dreams come true! We don't mean you're not fit to play Big B's daughter, all we mean to say is that Big B is too big to play your dad in a film. But our good wishes are still with you Sarah. Hope your dream comes true some day.

http://www.indya.com/gallery/gallery.aspx?aid=475

niveditha thumbnail
Parul's life post JDJ

Parul Chauhan, one of the leads of the hit serial Bidaai (she plays Ragini) has found the love of her life. In a very short span of time she has also become a household name. We caught up with the actress where she talks openly about her love life -Nishant Bhatt, her life post JDJ and her show Bidaai.
Her performance was appreciated on Jhalak Dikhla Ja, and when we asked Parul about how her life has been after JDJ, she said, "It has been an amazing journey for me on the show, where I have learnt a lot of new dancing skills. And while doing the show I have made some good friends. And the entire journey on the show has been a learning experience for me, which has helped me to become more content and focused."

When we asked about whether she would like to do any more dance reality shows, she said, "For now I have not decided as I am concentrating on my present show Bidaai but let's see if I come across something exciting, everyone will come to know."

About her relationship with Nishant she says, "He is one of them I met on JDJ. We started talking and now we have bonded strongly. I must say he is the person I want to be with all the time. He is loving, and is a very caring person, the most kind man I have come across. He is the love of my life."

She adds, "He is also supportive and keeps on telling me about my work that I should concentrate on my work first and then about our relationship, which is so sweet of him and gives me the strength to sustain my career. And that makes me more than happy to be with him, he has a heart of gold."

Talking about Bidaai she says, "Bidaai holds a special place in my heart because the show has given me a place in the world of TV today. And whatever I am today , the credit goes to the show. And also the makers of the show, they have been so caring and supportive on the set that has produced the best of me in Bidaai. And I am looking forward to keeping the pace going in the future too."

About her acting career and about the future, she says, "In one year I have achieved so much which was beyond my imagination. But all I did was hard work and a focused mind with never giving attitude which has helped me to reach here today."

About her real-life marriage plan, she says, "About marriage there is no room in the near future but when it comes, everyone will come to know."

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/July/News_20090708_39
niveditha thumbnail

Rains play hide and seek

v.flora thumbnail
Mystery is revealed in Bidaai

Sapna Babul Ka Bidaai will have a major twist during the wedding sequence of Alekh(Angad Hasija) and Sadhna(Sara Khan). A murder mystery which made Alekh mentally ill is about to be revealed on the show.

An Indya source says:"Alekh and Sadhna's wedding is taking place in the show as per Mamaji's wish, as first they could not do any rasam without his consent.

However the major twist that is about to be revealed in the show now is that Alekh's Dadaji has been murdered and Alekh was witness to it .How he was murdered and who murdered him, that everyone will come to know."

"The other twist in the tale is that Ranbir (Kinshuk Mahajan) is going to have an important link to it, which will shock everyone." When contacted Kinshuk he says:" See, the entire family is going to have some kind of link to this murder as that murder took place in this family only. I was a small kid when that murder happened in the family but yes I will have a very important link to this incident. However whether my character will turn negative or not, that is the suspenseful part of the story, which I cannot reveal it."...

Right now in the show the entire family is busy preparing for the wedding. Alekh will return to normal after this mystery is out. Alekh is still thinking of uniting Shlok and Sadhna, as Shlok has been looking after him. The shooting for this high point has not started yet, it will be shot in the next week.
source: http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/July/News_20090710_51
niveditha thumbnail

Star Plus celebrates birthday of Alok Nath and Vibha..

Alok Nath and Vibha Chibber who play a couple in Star Plus' Bidaai were honored by the channel with a birthday celebration..

niveditha thumbnail

Amardeep Jha's triple treat!

Amardeep Jha is a part of all three shows of Rajan Shahi- Yeh Rishta, Bidaai and Swarg. Is this because of her ...

niveditha thumbnail
Bidaai's Mamaji and Mamiji celebrated their birthday together last night. Vibha Chibber's birthday bash began on Thursday eve but continued till wee hours of the night to welcome Aloknath's birthday that surprisingly falls on the next day. Both onscreen oldies decided to celebrate their special day with Bidaai team. What an idea Sirjee.

The occasion was minted to generate publicity and draw the spot-light yet again on the clichd highpoint of Bidaai. The serial's mismatched duo Sadhna and Alekh performed the melodramatic twist in their serial lives through a skit.

"I am not happy about the twist because we do not want to be separated. If Sadhna will have to marry someone else she will kill herself," said Sara Khan who embodies Sadhna in the serial.

But our khabroo tipped us recently that Alekh will soon be alright in the serial. "As you have seen 20% of maturity has come after marriage, another 80% will definitely happen," said Angad, essaying Alekh in the serial. "Alekh will be totally shattered if she gets married to Shlok but he feels this is the only way to add color in Sadhna's life," he concludes.

Simple and homely Ragini flaunted her stunning make-over all through the party by posing endlessly for the shutterbugs.

Not many know that the much needed and talked about makeover is the result of an accident. "I was doing pooja at my place and the camphor blaze singed my hair. So I had to get my hair done. I have been receiving quite a few compliments for my new look," chirps Parul. Everything happens for a reason Parul.

With so many people and so much gossip to tell media, the party was surely a great way to kill more than two birds with one stone. What a killer idea.

http://news.desi**fo***.net/television/indian-television-news/792-bidaai-kills-two-birds-with-one-stone.html

v.flora thumbnail
Sidelined TV brothers
Sonali Joshi/Hill Road Media

Most TV soaps have the token character of the caring brother but invariably these lovable characters are sidelined in favour of others. Indya takes a look at some of these forgotten siblings:
Showing 1 of 1 images Previous Next

Naveen Saini: He plays Vineet bhaiya in Bidaai, always supportive of Sadhna (Sara Khan) and Ragini (Parul Chauhan). However, even his wife Malti (Ashita Dhawan), has been getting more screen time than him.
niveditha thumbnail
Highpoints in Bidaai

Sara Khan and Angad Hasija, who play the lead protagonists Sadhana and Alekh in Sapna Babul Ka… Bidaai, talk about their experience on Star Plus's top-rated fiction show and what to expect:
Sara Khan speaks:

Describe the upcoming highpoint.
Alekh and Sadhana are at a crossroad as their first wedding anniversary approaches. Alekh wants Shlok to marry Sadhana as he believes that he doesn't make a good life partner for her. Whether Alekh realises his love for Sadhana and gets her back or whether he goes ahead with his plan remains to be seen.

What are your character's strengths? How do you relate to her personally?
I think Sadhana's ability to keep a smile on her face in difficult times is her strongest quality. She is in the middle of a huge crisis but she is handling the situation courageously and putting on a happy face to save her family any worry.

How has your experience on Bidaai been?
I love to work with the team. Star Plus is a leading channel and Directors Kut is the best production house. I feel lucky to have been chosen for this role. I am very grateful to God for giving me so much success and adulation in such a short time.

Have you had any special experiences on the sets?
I love to shoot with my co-stars, Parul, Kinshuk and Angad. We share everything, from our belongings to our experiences. They are my closest friends, and without them life is incomplete.

Angad Hasija speaks:

What are your character's strengths?
The biggest strength is courage. It is very difficult for Alekh to part from Sadhana as he loves her deeply. These are difficult circumstances for a mentally challenged boy but he is doing it in Sadhana's best interests; he considers her his friend.

Describe your experience on Bidaai.
It's been a great experience working on the show. The cast and crew are very friendly. The Bidaai unit is like a family.

Have you had any special experiences on the sets?
Being on Bidaai sets makes me feel like I am with my family. The entire team is always together. We keep laughing during the shoot and, sometimes, end up having to do retakes.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/July/News_20090716_79