Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

--Pinky-- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 15 years ago

Gen Next speaks on Fathers' Day... By Srividya Rajesh | 21 June 2009 | 9:52pm 6 Comments

Your favorite actors from television talk about their on screen fathers and share some facts with Telly Buzz in the Special on Fathers' Day..
niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Angad Hasija's first word on his daughter

Angad Hasija known as Alekh of Sapna Babul Ka Bidaaiis ready to give surprises after surprises. Last month Angad revealed about his two year old marriage, now the buzz is that Angad has one year old daughter too.

An Indya source says, " He is not only happily married from the past two years, he has a little daughter too. She is a one year old, Angad has been married over two years, but though he wanted to reveal about his marriage he was not ready to talk about his daughter. They have named her Vaishnavi and she has a different pet name at home."

When Angad revealed about his marriage after two years he said that his wife Pari and he wanted to concentrate on their career. His wife who is physiotherapist was studying when they got married. The other reason he hid his marriage was that he did not want to get affected his fan following. Now he decided to do so because he and his wife are settling down in their career. It is Angad's arrange marriage, Pari was chosen by his mother and they married by performing all Sikh rituals.

When contacted Angad he says:" I have already spoken about this topic, when everyone asked me about my marriage." Though, last time he said that he is ready to expand his family. Everyone has been curious to ask Angad about his kid but he has tried to keep his family matter under wraps. Perhaps, Angad wants to give this surprise on his next birthday like he did this year on his May 31st birthday about his marriage. Too late we think!

https://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/July/News_20090701_4

Angad's first word on his daughter - Article

Edited by --Pinky-- - 15 years ago
--Pinky-- thumbnail
The monsoons are here and with their arrival come the memories of our favourite rain songs. Indya gets popular telly stars to tell us which are their favourite rain tracks, which come to mind when they hear the pitter-patter of raindrops.
Angad Hasija (Alekh of Bidaai, STAR Plus)
Fav rain song: There are two songs actually. One is Ye Saazish Hai Bondon Ki from Fanaa and the other is Kaisi Hai Ye Rut Ki Jismein from Dil Chahta Hai.
--Pinky-- thumbnail
Even with equality, the world is a very different place for women and men. Keeping this in mind, we asked a few male TV actors what they would do if they woke up as members of the opposite sex. See what out handsome kinny had to say... 😉 😆
Kinshuk Mahajan: I would spend more time with girls and try to understand a woman's psychology and do masti with them. After learning every detail about them I would go back to sleep, turn into a man again and there'd be a lot of pataoying of girls thereafter!

If Kinshuk Woke Up As The Opposite Sex??? Article.

v.flora thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
All you need to know about Kinshuk Mahajan

From undies to favourite hangouts, television hunk Kinshuk Mahajan, who stars in Bidaai, shares some of his most intimate lifestyle details with Indya.

What's your favourite perfume?
I don't have one in particular but I mostly wear Black Ferrari. The rest of the time, it all depends on my mood.
Which brand do you prefer wearing?
I'm not a brand freak. I choose according to the fit of the outfit and wear what suits me.

Where do you shop?
Anywhere, be it the streets of Lokhandwala or Bandra to a branded store.

And for innerwear?
When it comes to my innerwear, I am very particular. I only wear Calvin Klein or Armani.

Where are your favourite holiday destinations?
Switzerland, Kerala, Goa and Delhi are my favourite destination that I always look forward to visiting.

Where do you hangout?
I mostly hang out with my friends at Caf Coffee Day in Lokhandwala.

Tell us about a crazy incident that you've experienced.
Some of my friends came down from Delhi and Malaysia and so I thought I'd call them to the club China House. When I reached, there was no one present. So I waited for all of them to turn up only to realise that the club was shut! I went crazy waiting for them. I go clubbing often with my girlfriend but as I don't drink, there's no room for me to go wild on the dance floor.

Which shows do you watch on TV?
I watch Bidaai, Ye Rishta and Swarg. However, I prefer watching films. I haven't seen any recently but I will.

Have you ever got naughty with your girlfriend in a theater?

No Comment

Do you like the rain?
Ya, I love the rain, especially the smell of the soil.

Who do you think is the hottest actress on TV today?
According to me, there is not just one or two but three of them! They are Parul Chauhan, Sara Khan and Heena Khan. And they aren't hot just because of their physical appearances. Their nature and the way they carry themselves make them the hottest.

What do you think about the show Rakhi Ka Swayamvar?
I don't think that anyone should make marriage so public and that too on a reality show! I personally feel it's the wrong way to marry.
source: http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/July/News_20090702_8
niveditha thumbnail

Thanks to a burning affair, Parul's got a new hairdo!

The buzz in town is that since Parul is in love, she is trying new things, especially her new hairdo. But the actress ...

TB- Parul's got a new hairdo

--Pinky-- thumbnail

Meet Papa Angad Hasija..

It was shocker news for all the fans of Alekh (Angad Hasija) of Bidaai when the news of his marriage came out. Well now it's been learnt that this handsome hunk is a father of a daughter too.

"I have a daughter who is nine months old and her name is Vaishnavi. We call her Angel at home," stated Angad.

Why did you hide this news of being a father? "I never hid the news; it's just that nobody has asked me about this. Though in an interview for few magazines I have revealed about my daughter," he adds.

"I really miss her especially when now she is growing up. But then it's difficult to get the career also, so one has to sacrifice few things for others. All I can say is that Angel has brought in lot of luck for me and I love her a lot," he converse.

The actor is planning to shift his base in Mumbai. "I'm planning to buy a flat here so that I can call my family. I want to see my daughter rising in front of my eyes," he concludes.

There is a saying that 'A daughter is a gift of love' but for Angad its luck and love both. Isn't it?

Credit - Rachana Trivedi, Sampurn Media

Meet Papa Angad Hasija..

niveditha thumbnail

Angad Hasija
(Angad of Bidaai)
Angad Hasija, who was initially a body builder, was very hefty before he joined the cast of Bidaai. In order to play Angad, he was told to lose his bulkiness. This led the actor on a weight loss mission. He lost about 10 kilos to look the way he does today. Once the show started, shooting 24/7 for the daily made maintaining his new weight easier.

https://www.indya.com/gallery/gallery.aspx?aid=455

Weighty matters - Article

niveditha thumbnail
Romit Raj leaves Betiyann for Big B

Romit Raj won't be known by his onscreen name Yuvraj much longer. The actor is leaving Ghar Ki Laxmi Betiyann and his character will soon be killed off. However, off-screen, things seem to be looking up for him. Romit may soon be seen starring alongside Amitabh Bachchan in a movie.

Talking about his decision to quit, Romit says, "I have been doing the show for the past two and a half years and I was bored of doing the same thing. I'm thankful that the creative team agreed to my decision. I have not shot for the last episode of the show yet; I think July 15 will be my last day."

Ronit's other show Maayka, where he plays Jeet, is also wrapping up. He adds, "I will always cherish the memories I have from both shows. I think Maayka will finish within two months, though I am not sure. Anyway, I have decided to move on."

As he'll soon be free from all his TV commitments, Ronit sees moving on to films as a natural progression in his career. He says, "I have done two films in the past: Humdum and Yatra. Kushal Nandi directed the latter film. He is making his next movie with Amitabh Bachchan and it is titled The Actor. He has offered me a role in it. If things work out, I will do the film. It would be a dream come true to share screen space with Mr. Bachchan."

When he thinks about bidding farewell to Betiyann, Romit can't help but recall the good times he had on the show. He says, "I still remember the day I walked onto the sets. Rajan sir (Shahi) was directing and he told me that it was the best phase of my life so I should enjoy it. He said I'd have a great time doing the show. I also remember a few scenes, like the one I did on kotha, which came out really well. There was also this scene where Yuvraj throws his entire family out of the house. I had to cut my hand in one sequence to prove that I was not a culprit, after which I threw my onscreen father in the valley. We shot the entire scene in the rain. Lastly, my wedding scene, when I had to ride a horse, was the best."

Talking about his personal life, Romit says he hopes to tie the knot with Shilpa Shinde by the end of this year but he remained tightlipped about any further details of their upcoming wedding.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/July/News_20090703_15

• Sonali Joshi/Hill Road Media
  • Friday, July 03, 2009

• v.flora thumbnail
    Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
    Alekh and Sadhana to marry…again

Bidaai's (Star Plus) Alekh (Angad Hasija) and Sadhana (Sara Khan) are all set to tie the knot once again on the serial.

A source says, "They'll get married again. Last time, when Sadhana got married to Alekh, it was more of a sacrifice. She marries Alekh because she is promised that Alekh's brother Ranbir (Kinshuk Mahajan) will then marry her sister Ragini (Parul Chauhan). At the time, her parents were not aware that Alekh was mentally challenged. However, when they come to know about this, they are hurt and do not support their daughter's decision. Now that everything is fine between them, they are getting married again."
    Angad confirms the news, saying, "Alekh and Sadhana will be getting married with all the rituals all over again, though, this time everything will take place on a happy note and with the consent of everybody. We're presently shooting for all the rituals."

He also lets slip something interesting, adding, "We've already shot for the Sangeet. Viewers will get to see Alekh singing a song!"

The actor talks of his experience shooting for wedding sequences, saying, "It is always more fun to shoot for these sequences; there is always a lot of enjoyment involved. The best part is that the entire team is present and we all get to shoot together."

Presently on the show, Shlok (Puneet Tejwani) is helping Alekh recover while Alekh is trying his best to unite Shlok and Sadhana. The wedding sequence will air by the end of this week.
    source: http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/July/News_20090706_24