Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

--Pinky-- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 15 years ago
Star Parivaar Awards is back
The seventh Star Parivaar Awards, held on June 7, went off with excepted aplomb.
Held at Goregaon Film City in Mumbai, the stars were out in full effect, scorching the red carpet with their glamourous outfits and charm. Mohit Malik and Aditi Shirwaikar caught up with them before they entered the arena, finding out their expectations of the awards and all the inside gossip.

Bollywood too made an appearance at the telly star-studded event in the form of Rock On! actor Arjun Rampal. Talking about his presence at the event, Arjun said, "It feels great to be a part of the Star Parivaar Awards. I'm here because I do watch Star Plus and all the Star actors are really good. A lot of people have been nominated for these awards and I'm eager to know who is going to bag awards in which category."

Once inside, the curtain raiser was a dance act on the title track of Star Plus, the title song of Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai and Yeh Kisna Hai from the film Kissna. Star's hit characters such as Rajashri (Lata Saberwal), Vishambarnath (Sanjeev Seth), Daadi (Vineeta Malik), Dhaniya (Sunita Rajwar), Sadhana (Sara Khan), Ragini (Parul Chauhan), Ranbir (Kinshuk Mahajan) and Alekh (Angad Hasija) all showed off their moves, bring together the oldest as well the youngest members of the parivaar. The Baa Bahu Aur Baby family also entertained with their superb dancing to the song Emotional Atiyachar from the film Dev D.

Hosting the show were the Parul Chauhan and Sara Khan in the first half, with Sara's onscreen partner Angad Hasija (aka Alekh) taking over from Chauhan in the latter part. The girls looked stunning in their elegant sarees.

But even more exciting than the excellent performances and the hosts' cheerful banter was the nail biting announcement of the winners. To find out who walked away with the coveted awards tune into Star Plus at 8pm on June 13.

Article on SPA2009

--Pinky-- thumbnail

TV's biggest stars grace 7TH STAR PARIVAAR AWARDS

All the young and talented STAR Plus actors are dressed in their best outfits and excited to be recognized for their work at the biggest awards event of their lives. Today, they put their best foot forward on the Red Carpet to be a part of the most watched television extravaganza in India – the 7th STAR Parivaar Awards 2009. This year, will also see the four STAR Plus Ka Fan No 1 winners from Bhopal, Lucknow, Ahemdabad & Chandigarh join their favourite actors who have made the small screen sparkle with their good looks and exceptional acting talent. A magnificent Anand Mela set – up awaits the stars as they walk the Red Carpet. Dancers, fire walkers and shops filled with treasures and India's best food stalls entice them. From television icons like Sara Khan, Parul Chauhan, Anjad Hasija, Kinshuk Mahajan, Aditi Gupta, Harshad Chopda, Anjali Abrol & Kapil Nirmal to the older generation icons like Alok Nath, Vibha Chibber, Kanwaljeet to the younger generation of Hina Khan, Karan Mehra, Shivshakti, Sriti Jha, Saurabh Pandey, Pooja Bose, Krishna Gokani and many others from all the STAR Plus shows will be there to cheer their Parivaars & their favourite Parivaar members who have been voted by the viewers. The 21 categories 7th STAR Parivaar Awards 2009 Favorite Buzurg, Favorite Maa, Favorite Pita, Favorite Naya Sadasya Female, Favorite Naya Sadasya Male, Favorite Beta, Favorite Beti, Favorite Bhai, Favorite Behan, Favorite Bhabhi, Favourite Pati, Favorite Patni, Favorite Sasur, Favorite Saas, Favorite Bahu, Favorite Dushman (Khalnayak / Khalnayika), Favorite Mazedar Sadasya / Hasya Rishtedar, Favorite Jethani, Favorite Devrani, Yaadgaar Pal Fiction, Favorite Yogya Jodi, Favorite Jodi, Favorite Host, Favorite Judge, Favorite Contestant & Yaadgaar Pal Non-Fiction. The competition is tough in every category and who will walk away with the coveted trophy?

Watch out for the glitz, glamour and masti on the STAR Parivaar Awards 2009 Red Carpet on June 13 at 7 30pm and all the tense moments of winning with grand performances on 7th STAR PARIVAAR AWARDS 2009 on June 13 at 8pm on STAR Plus.

TV's biggest stars grace 7TH STAR PARIVAAR AWARDS

niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Parul talks about her love

Parul Chauhan, one of the leading ladies of the hit serial Bidaai (she plays Ragini) in recent times, has found the love of her life. In a very short span of time - becoming one of the most renowned household names Parul has been getting a lot of attention for her acting. skills. We caught up with the actress where she talks openly about her new chapter of love life- Nishant Bhatt, in an industry where others are known to keep their personal affairs under wraps.

When we asked Parul about her love and when she met him for the first time, she says, "I am so excited about my love and for the first time I met him was during Jhalak followed by few award functions. Gradually we started but by now we have bonded strongly and I am happy being with him."

"Nishant is so supportive, caring and he has a heart of gold. He is everything to me and he is the love of my life. He understands me so well that he keeps telling me that first I should concentrate on my work and that gives me a huge strength to sustain myself as an actor."

About her acting career and about the future, she says, "In one year I have achieved so much which was beyond my imagination. But all I did was hard work and a focused mind with never giving attitude which has helped me to reach here today."

"And in future to I will be doing the same, perhaps my best has yet to come as acting has no final destination. I am still learning and there is lot to come. I am blessed that I am getting all my dreams fulfilled and the kind of friends I have made through the journey is the best earned ornament of my life."

About her real-life marriage plan, she says, "About marriage there is no room in the near future but when it comes, everyone will come to know."

About Nishant Bhatt

Nishant Bhatt, who was the choreographer of Chak De girl, Shilpa Shukla in Jhalak is the beau in conversation.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/June/News_20090616_55

• Randhir Roy/Hill Road Media
  • Tuesday, June 16, 2009

• --Pinky-- thumbnail
    Couples play it up in IIFA
    June 20th, 2009
    By Our Correspondent

The Star Parivaar Awards saw all the actors getting together under one roof, dressed in their glittering best. Predictably, the two most popular serials — Bidaai and Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata hai, walked away with the maximum number of awards. The show was anchored by the Bidaai girls — Parul and Sara Khan. While both were dressed in shimmering saris, Parul has gained some weight and her paunch was more than visible in her see-through sari. Also, this dusky girl chose to paint her face with layers of pancake which made her look like a gaudily made up China doll.
    But why was the sweet Akshara aka Hina Khan sulking at the awards? She was seated next to her onscreen fiance Naitik, aka Karan Mehra. The couple won two awards each, best newcomers and best jodi — but even this did not seem to cheer up Hina. Initially, it appeared like she was disappointed when the best beti award went to Bebo — this really young lady was dressed in a 70s style sari and only later did people realise that she actually dressed for her onscreen performance.
    Unlike the Bollywood awards, where the stars don't gel with each other, there was a lot of bonhomie here. Most actors sat in large groups representing their serials. The only two filmy faces spotted here were that of Arjun Rampal and Farah Khan who confidentially predicted that she would win the best judge award as she didn't perceive Vishaal and Shekhar, the other nominees as competition. Meanwhile Cupid seems to have struck our Bollywood couples, especially the married ones as they went indulged in extensive PDA at Macau during the IIFA awards. Not only did Hrithik and Sussane walk the ramp for jewellery designer Farah Khan, who also happens to be Sussane's sister but made sure they held hands and portrayed the lovey dovey couple. It appears like Sussane is a better actress off-screen than her hubby Hrithik for she confessed on Headlines Today about how madly in love the couple is and how they are busy re-discovering each other. That sure must be one helluva discovery after the Mori-Roshan romance. A sheepish Hrithik could only nod in agreement.
    The other happy couple, Ash-Abhi were behaving like they were on their honeymoon, as they clung to each other for dear life and couldn't stop declaring their love for each other on stage, where Abhi dedicated his award for best actor in a comic role for Dostana to Amar Singhji and Ash. What's more he dramatically thanked his parents for giving birth to him and Ash's parents for giving birth to her and promised to love his wife. It's nice to see so much of love and we truly hope it remains that way!

Link:
    --Pinky-- thumbnail
    TV's best catchphrases Compiled by Sonali Joshi/Hill Road Media

Along with our favourite characters on television, there are our favourite dialogues that are synonymous with these roles. Indya takes a look at the trademark lines that have made these actors famous and become viral catchphrases among the public.

Aashita Dhawan, who plays Malti Bhabhi in Bidaai, is one of the most enjoyable characters on the show. In no time, she established the sentence Jhoot toh main bolti hi nahi as her trademark phrase and she shot to fame because of it. Her other character of Bubbly Chadda from Ladies Special is also gaining popularity with the dialogue Record hai. Bubbly Cheddha kabhi EMI nahi bhoolti!

TV's best catchphrases-indya.com

--Pinky-- thumbnail
    Sara Khan snatches favorite Patni award at SPA
    The gracious Sara Khan who plays Sadhana in Bidaai snatches the favorite Patni award at SPA for her fabulous performance in Bidaai. We caught up with the bubbly actress who shares her winning moment and also tells us how Bidaai has given a new rise in her career.
    Speaking about her award which she won for favorite Patni, she says, "In one and a half years I have won nine awards so far and all these awards are so defining for me. All of them being one of the main awards at all award function have given me confidence and specially Bidaai which has brought a new rise in my career. And so the favorite patni award at SPA this year is a special recognition and a new chapter to my career."

"For this I owe a lot to my parents and Star that has supported me whenever I needed them. For an actor a constant support from their friends and family is required and that's where I feel strong and blessed that I have all these backing me up."

About Bidaai and her association with Star she says, "It's been fantastic working with Star and as we all know our Bidaai is been doing since quite a long time and I hope that it goes one for a long run. They are the people who trusted in me and have given me the role and I am putting my best to it and giving them a satisfactory result which has built a long lasting rapport with Star now."
    Randhir Roy/Hill Road Media Wed, Jun 17 2009

Sara Khan Favorite Patni award at SPA (Article)

--Pinky-- thumbnail
    The curtain comes down
    17 Jun 2009, 0027 hrs IST, ROSHNI K OLIVERA , TNN
    Salman Khan may have had a few flops recently, but that hasn't affected his popularity.
    Divyanka and Sharad
    For that matter any of Bollywood's established stars... their stardom is never threatened by one or two flop films. Similarly, an actor may not have a single release one whole year, but he'll still command the same adulation. Unfortunately, the rules are not the same in Tellyland. An actor's popularity lasts only as long as his serial's. As the show goes off air, the poor actor too falls from the highs.

The biggest of TV stars, popular household names until recently, are back to square one simply because their serials have gone off air. Of course, this doesn't mean they've returned to their days of struggle, but it surely means that audiences have moved on to other actors, whose serials are now dominating the TRP charts.

Blame it on public memory or just the luck factor, but this surely is a ruthless industry. Top TV bahus — Tulsi and Parvati — who women audiences would swear by just until a year-and-a-half ago, are hardly on anyone's minds today. So also the famous vamps and the laadli betis, who've all vanished from the scene! A brand new set has taken over. "It's sad for TV actors," agrees producer-director Ajai Sinha. "Audiences look for variety. It's like a meal you had last night which you can not repeat the next day." Comparing the TV industry with Bollywood, Ajai says, "Films of an actor release once in a while, while you see the TV actor everyday and so the novelty is lost."

That's exactly why after a show is over, the actors are conveniently forgotten. "But then out of sight is out of mind. And that applies to everybody," reasons Urvashi Dholakia, best known for her vampish character Komolika on the small screen. "Because of the short shelf life, it's always about making hay while the sun shines for TV actors." The current new breed of actors are more at risk of being forgotten soon after their shows, believes Urvashi. "That's because there are so many channels today. A few years ago that wasn't the case. So we are still on people's minds."

Producer-director Rajan Shahi believes it's both, a boon and a curse, to be part of a hit show. "I always take newcomers in the lead roles and tell them if this show becomes a hit, it's a boon because there's instant fame. However, the curse here is that for actors it's very difficult, in fact almost impossible, to recreate the same magic again in another show." Rightly so. The industry does have a number of such actors, who made it very big in their first shows, but could never match the same popularity again. They are doing reality shows and serials, but it's still not the same. Shweta Tiwari, for instance. Whether she will be able to match her popularity as Prerna (Kasauti Zindagii Kay) remains to be seen. In movies, it's about the actors, while on TV it's only about characters.

That's exactly why producers and channels have no qualms replacing actors (no wonder ridiculous plastic surgery tracks still exist!). Ronit Roy had entered Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi as the third Mihir Virani, but that role changed the course of his life. "I believe my characters Mihir Virani and Mr Bajaj (from Kasauti Zindagii Kay) will always live on," he avers. "As for popularity of TV actors, well I can't talk for others, but in my case I'm here abroad walking the green carpet at an event and the kind of love and attention that I'm getting from people here is overwhelming. And by the way this is a film event."
    Link:

The curtain comes down - An article

niveditha thumbnail

Ashita Dhawan reveals her RJing skills..

Ashita Dhawan who always aimed to be an RJ bags her first opportunity on radio with Radio Mirchi..

TB - Ashita Dhawan reveals her RJing skills

Edited by --Pinky-- - 15 years ago
    niveditha thumbnail
    Ashita Dhawan's radio dreams

Ashita Dhawan, seen as Malti bhabhi in Bidaai and Bubbly Chadha in Ladies Special, visited two radio stations to promote the latter show recently. Ashita spoke to us in detail about her experience of being live on Radio Mirchi on June 23.

Radio Mirchi's programme, Ashita says, was a lot fun. There was a contest held on the show Dheemi Local in honour of Ashita's visit. She adds, "It was a live show. RJ Sana was there and I cannot describe what a wonderful experience it was. I got to interact with listeners as the station had a contest based on me. They asked listeners 'Ashita's character of Bubbly Chadha is from which show?' and within five minutes RJ Sana was flooded with answers. It was amazing."

The experience was all the more fun because Ashita has always harboured dreams of becoming an RJ. She says, "Since I am a very talkative person, my friends would always tell me to become an RJ. I would actually enact my lines as an RJ in front of the mirror. If I hadn't become an actor, being an RJ would have been a serious option for me. An RJ does a lot of multitasking. You have to have presence of mind while interacting, because a caller can ask you any question and you have to give them an answer without delay."

The actress dreams of having her own radio show one day, saying, "I would love to do a show on a regular basis. It would be mixture of Hindi and English. I will interact in both languages and play Hindi and English songs. I have good taste in music."

Ashita was also interviewed by Radio City the day before yesterday. She says, "Radio City's interview was not that exciting because it was recorded. I went there, they recorded my interview and that was all. We finished in 15 minutes and I met RJ Jayram.

She was not well recently yet she still shot for her serials. She says, "I had fever but I believe that there is no market for an actor's sorrows in the industry. I was shooting for a sequence in Bidaai where I had to be happy but, as I had a temperature, my eyes were watering. My director understood that it was not my fault but I still had to shoot. Thankfully, for the next scene, I had to cry!"

Ashita was even ill during her visit to the radio stations but says she forgot about all her ailments and was in a great mood once she was in the studio.

https://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/June/News_20090624_97

Ashita Dhawan's radio dreams - Article

Edited by --Pinky-- - 15 years ago
    --Pinky-- thumbnail
    Rakhi is gearing up for her Swayamwar and her show will kick start on June 29. She has already selected 12 contestants who will try to impress her by fulfilling all tasks given to them by her. Indya takes a look at a few guys from the industry who will make a good couple with her.

Angad Hasija is a sweet boy seen as Alekh from Sapna Babul Ka Bidaai. Rakhi is a great fan of his acting .In fact Rakhi and Angad go to the same gym and whenever Rakhi catches up with him ,she cannot stop praising him.Though Angad is married ,he can still fulfill Rakhi's wish by proposing. No harm in play acting no?

Who should rakhi geh married to ? Angad