Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 15 years ago
Eva Grover leaves her abusive marriage

Eva Grover who is currently seen as Sheetal in Bidaai is coping with her broken marriage. Eva who has divorced her husband Haider Khan spoke to us about what went wrong in her marriage.
"I got a divorce nine months back. It is not a good thing to happen in any body's life. However it was intolerable so I just wanted to get rid of that situation. But I am not happy because nobody can be happy. My mother is my biggest strength and she has helped me a lot to overcome this situation," reveals Eva.
But Eva is not crying about her divorce. She says there was no way she could have stayed in a marriage that was filled with domestic violence.

"The situation was not manageable. It was a case of domestic violence. So this divorce was inevitable. I have already spoken about it and I do not want to talk about it much."

"Even if we Indian girls become westernized we still try to save our marriage at any cost. I too did that'for 10 years. I thought the situation will improve after my baby's birth but it did not improve. So I had no option left with me," she adds.

Haider who is Aamir Khan's step brother, has no job and wanted Eva to earn. But according to her when she did start working, he was unable to deal with it as it hurt his ego. Then he started not only abusing her verbally but also physically which she could not take it.

The actress says she maybe single right now. But she is not ready for a man in her life right now.

"You know when any girl is single people fall on her like rain. I am also getting proposals but right now it is very difficult for me to trust anyone so quickly. I will also not be able love that person deeply. I know one day I will find a guy who will understand me and will support me in my life but I do not know when my dream will get fulfilled. I get scared just thinking whether I will meet the right kind of person or not," she says.

Eva's daughter Nanu is just 18 months old. The actress leaves her daughter with her mother while she shoots. She says she does not take up work which requires her for more than 18 days in a month or 5 hours a day to ensure that she can spend time with her daughter.

Eva will soon be seen in a comedy show. She has just finished shooting for her cameo in Bidaai.

https://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/January/News_20090115_99

Eva Grover leaves her abusive marriage - Article

Edited by pinkykhan - 15 years ago
niveditha thumbnail
Parul Chauhan in Jhalak Dikhla Jaa

Parul Chauhan will soon be dancing to a new tune. The actress has signed for the next season of the dance reality show Jhalak Dikhla Jaa. Parul who has already started preparations for the show gave us the details.
"Yes' It's true. I am doing Jhalak Dikhlaa Jaa. I have also started practicing for it from this week. This is my first reality show and I am quite tensed about it. I am also hoping to learn many new things while doing this show, reveals the actress.
The actress says she has the support of her production house and co-stars who are egging her on everyday.

"All my co-actors are also happy that I am participating in this show. Only thing they are advising me is not to cry as I am a very emotional person and I cannot hold back my tears at all. I am mentally prepared for this show as I have seen many reality shows. And I am also ready to take all good and bad comments," says the confident Parul.

Dance master Saroj Khan is going to be one of the judges of the show. Is she worried about meeting her expectations?

"I have met her during her show and I found her sweet. In fact she told me that she follows my show. At that time I thought she must be telling it like that but when she started speaking about the current tracks, I was completely impressed. Moreover it is natural that she will get upset if I will spoil her pooja as I know dance is like pooja for her," says Parul.

So what does she think about her competitors and all the controversies that come with being in a reality show?

"I do not think that the presence of bigger and more famous people will affect to me as a competition is ultimately just a competition'Though this is the first time I am participating in one. I am also scared of it but all big people too get scared of performing at stage. As far as controversies are concerned I want to experience that too. I have only seen that on television but I have not experienced that in reality," laughs Chauhan.

The expected to contestants of the show are Ram Kapoor,Anand Raj Anand.Karan Singh Grover,Prem Chopra,Vijayendra Singh,Hard Kaur,Gauhar Khan,Bhagyashree,Shilpa Shukla and others.

Apart from Saroj Khan, Sanjay Leela Bhansali and Juhi Chawla will be the judges while the hosts of the show will be the same as last year - Mona Singh and Rohit Roy.

Jhalak Dikhlaa Jaa will be starting at the end of February and is expected to replace the current Indian Idol.

https://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/January/News_20090115_102

Parul Chauhan in Jhalak Dikhla Jaa - Article

--Pinky-- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Bidaai scales new heights..

Bidaai's TRP last week reached a new milestone. And the story ...

Bidaai scales new heights Big Twist:TB

niveditha thumbnail
Ragini and Ranbir head to Kerala

Ragini and Ranbir will soon tie the knot in Bidaai. The duo will then head to Kerala for their honeymoon.
"Yes, we'll be going to Kerala" informs Kinshuk who plays Ranbir, "But I won't be able to give you zyaada details. All I can tell you is that we'll be going on the 27th and abhi tak toh yehi decide hua hai ki only Parul, Sara, Angad and I will be going"
Parul Chauhan who plays Ragini says, "I've just heard that we'll be going out of Mumbai for our honeymoon ka shoot but don't know where exactly."

Ask him about how comfortable he is with bold sequences that are believed to be coming up, the Delhi lad replies "I know that Bidaai is a family show and hence zaada bold scenes nahi honge. Haan thode bahot toh honge hi but then when it comes to acting, toh firr itna sab nahi sochna chahiye."

Apart from being excited for his honeymoon sequence, Kinshuk says he is much more elated about going to Kerala. "I've heard that Kerala is a beautiful place and I am really thrilled that we'll be going there. I am going to research the place on the internet and make sure we visit the popular places while we are there," says the actor.

Presently in the show, Ragini and Ranbir are involved in all all the pre-marital ceremonies like haldi, mehndi and sangeet.

"Ajeeb si feelings aa rahi hain because everyone calls me 'dulhe raja' on the sets. But I am happy about one thing ki no one will be able to fool me around when I'll be actually getting married kyunki ab toh mujhe saare rituals ke bare mein pata chal raha hai."

Ranbir and Ragini will be getting married by the end of the month.

https://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/January/News_20090119_126

Good News!! Ragini and Ranbir head to Kerala

--Pinky-- thumbnail
In Pics: Small Screen Beauties

Our beautiful divas of the small screen not only dazzle on screen, but off screen as well. We take a look at the top 5 actresses of Tellywood who simply rock.

In Pics: Small Screen Beauties-Sara/Parul

--Pinky-- thumbnail

Be a spendthrift, says Seema Kapoor
by Vidhya Krishnan
Jan 19, 2009, Bangalore

There is no doubt that money plays an important part in everyone's life. And celebs are known as much for the bundles they earn as anything else. Is it the same with TV stars? For our Tellywatch column on money, Seema Kapoor shared her thoughts on money and more.

How important is money to you?
Money is important for every human being to sustain in this world; it is important to an extent but not the only thing.

How do you handle your expenses?
I spend lavishly and believe that one should work hard and know how to enjoy at the same time.

How good are you at saving?
Not at all good!

Are you a spendthrift?
Yes! Very much…

Are you an impulsive buyer?
Yeah…especially on clothes and perfumes.

What do you spend the most amount of money on?
On my pets and myself. I have seven cats and six dogs.

At what age did you start earning and what did you do with your first salary?
I started working when I was 12 years old…I was doing professional theatre then. I really don't remember but I think I must have given my salary for house expenditures.

/>How much money do you carry with you every day?
I don't carry much money and I prefer cards. My dad does all the shelling out of money for me (laughs).

What is your best purchase till date?
I can't really say anything in specific because there are quite a lot of them. I think my house in Pune has been the best recently.

One tip as far as spending money is concerned…
Enjoy as much as possible and be a spendthrift too but make sure to save some money because you never know what tomorrow holds for you…you may not earn as much as you do today.

https://www.tellywatch.com/telly_columns/seema_kapoor_money/january-19-2009/seema_kapoor_money_column.html

Be a spendthrift, says Seema Kapoor

--Pinky-- thumbnail

I hate Mondays: Ashita Dhawan
by Vidhya Krishnan
Jan 19, 2009, Bangalore

It takes a while to kick-start the week for a lot of people and most experience the Monday blues. For our weekly column, 'Monday Blues', we caught up with Ashita Dhawan to get her views on the subject.

Do you have Monday blues?
Yes I do…especially after a holiday, I feel really lazy to get back to work. Moreover if I have early morning shoots, I start feeling bad from the previous night itself. I used to hate Mondays and love Saturdays when I was in school.

So how do you feel on a Monday?
It is like any other day because the body is so used to working on a busy schedule. I sometimes really won't know which day it is.

What have you planned for the week?
Nothing planned really. I just know that it is going to be a hectic schedule for a week or two since it is going to be Ragni's wedding and the Mehendi sequence in 'Bidaai'.

Three tips to beat Monday blues…
~ One has to have a positive feeling as a new week approaches. It is important to remove the mental block and be fully geared up.
~ It is good to plan exciting things for the week. At least 10 things should be jotted down and looking forward to those things is a big booster.
~ Keep waiting for Saturday…the excitement of looking forward to the weekend should constantly be on…

Keep checking this space for titbits from your favourite TV stars on various subjects.

https://www.tellywatch.com/telly_columns/ashita_dhawan_monday_blues/january-19-2009/ashita_dhawan_monday_blues_column.html

I hate Mondays: Ashita Dhawan

niveditha thumbnail
Who is Kinshuk's dream girl?

Kinshuk Mahajan aka Ranbir of Bidaai will be getting married in his reel life with Ragini soon. But what type of girl will Kinshuk want to marry in real life?

"The girl whom I want as my partner should be very understanding and caring. Most importantly, she should have a lot of patience to understand me and should be very decent too," says the Bidaai hero.
Mahajan says that he's very particular on something when he talks about his ideal girl. "She should be sensible. She should believe in talking and clearing out things rather than drawing her own conclusions'she should be very open-hearted," he says.

The actor says that his dream girl should also love looking after his home. "I would like her to be more homely rather than being bold. She should first be able to take proper care of the family and then decide on what ever she wants to do next."
However surprisingly he doesn't want someone from the same field.

"I would prefer her not to be someone from acting' ab aage kya hota hai pata nahi."

"Love according to me is the most beautiful feeling. It requires a lot of dedication and commitment. More than that, it is a responsibility. Love can happen at any time," adds Kinshuk, "But I haven't experienced it till now."

And when is he planning to get married, to this he replies "Arre... Abhi toh main bahot chhota hoon yaar filhaal aap meri onscreen shaadi ke maze uthao and when I will get married in real life, I'll pukka tell you."

https://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/January/News_20090123_157

• Vandana Shukla, Hill Road Media
  • Friday, January 23, 2009

• Who is Kinshuk's dream girl? Aka Ranvir

214926 thumbnail

Dil Hai Hindustani....

On the occasion of Republic day of India, we have got some stars talking about Hindustan and the things which ...

Parul Chauhan:

Your Favorite Indian Festival: I like four festivals in total. They are Diwali, Holi, Republic Day and Independence Day. It is because on these days, we get a reason to do something different. During Diwali, we meet our extended family and rejoice. On Holi too, we get together with so many people and enjoy playing with colors. On Independence Day and Republic Day, we forget our daily chores, and think of the nation.

Your Favorite Holiday Destination in India: Well, I must tell you that Parul is very much like Ragini (laughs). I have not been to many places in India. It was for the first time in my life that I got to go somewhere, and it was to Dubai for the Gold Awards. I basically love to see places, as I have not traveled at all. I am very excited over the fact that we will be shooting in Kerala for the honeymoon sequence in Bidaai (blushes)

Your Favorite Indian Cuisine: It has to be dal chawal.

Your Favorite Indian Attire: I love to wear sarees.

Dil hai Hindustani--Parul Chauhan TB

--Pinky-- thumbnail

Our Serials--Lets Introspect !

What our serials are showing and what are latest trends, Aren't they responsible towards society and Nation?

Our Serials-Lets Introspect, TB(Bidaai)