Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

--Pinky-- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 15 years ago

Special Cameos in Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai...

Ali Merchant and Amit Dolawat will be seen playing interesting cameos in Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai... Also present ...

Special Cameos in Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai...

ANJANA thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Between takes, actors get down to business
5 Jan 2009, 0448 hrs IST, Bharati Dubey , TNN
Print Email Discuss Share Save Comment Text:
MUMBAI: Here today, gone tomorrow. As soon as the arclights dim, actors often fade away from public memory. It is a scenario every actor (whether
from the big screen or its smaller cousin) dreads. To escape the insecurity that the profession brings, several have turned to alternate professions even as the going is good. But while forays by film actors have mostly been in the entertainment world itself, their television counterparts have ventured wider - from running dog parlours to salons to boutiques and even renting out cars and bungalows - to make a living.

Ronit Roy, popularly considered as the Amitabh Bachchan of the small screen, runs a security agency. His agency provides security to all A-listers of Bollywood, as well as security on and off the sets for actors. Roy does not look at this business as a profession. "It is my passion and that is why I got into it,'' said the actor.

Sachin Shroff started trading in steel when he was 19 years old. "It was difficult to manage but my family supported me. I later got into acting but I maintained both. I strongly feel that the glamour industry offers good work but it is unpredictable. One needs to have a secure business as a source of income. There are times when we only shoot for 15 days of the month and it is refreshing to do something else for the rest of the month.''

Pawan Shankar, who shot to fame with 'Siddhant', is able to choose his projects as he not totally dependent on television as a source of income. He said, "My wife Yukti and I run an event company called Fashionista. We have organised lifestyle exhibitions in B-towns like Nagpur, Surat, Chandigarh and Raipur. We intend to take this to at least 15 cities by the end of this year.''

Shankar adds, "An alternate profession makes me feel secure so I can choose the project I want to be part of unlike some other actors who are forced to do projects for the sake of a steady income.'' Shankar also involves his celebrity friends to be part of the exhibitions.

Aamir Ali who won the 'Nach Baliye' dance contest last season has been inviting his friends for the launch of his friend Rohit's Kitchen and Bar, but the actor is looking at starting a business venture himself. He said, "It makes you secure and I don't want to work for the heck of earning money. Whatever name one has earned will be lost if one takes up any project only because of money. I will not do it.''

The career span of television actors is getting shorter by the day as newer and younger faces are brought in. An industry insider said, "If you notice, the big stars have begun doing reality shows as serials are not really coming their way. Gone are the days when the channels demanded big names from producers. Now they don't, so it is better that they look for alternate careers so that there is some sense of security.''

Kunika, who till last year ran a restaurant in the western suburbs, said, "I have opted out of the partnership and want to concentrate on acting for two years. But I already plan to start a spa. Acting is an insecure profession. So it is necessary for one to have a regular income.''

But quizzed about the average career span for a television, Kunika said, "It depends from actor to actor. How you present yourself, your professional behaviour and most importantly your look.''

Reva Babbar, who played Damini in 'Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi', used to run a dog parlour. Reva said, "It was getting difficult for me to manage both the careers, so I gave up that business but I will soon be starting something else.''

Jiten Lalwani said, "Acting is one of the most insecure professions, especially television. Somebody once said TV makes you famous but leaves you alone in the end. I always dreamt of owning a boutique, so we decided to open one. Katha was opened in 2005 and Katha 2 in 2006. We are a growing company and plan to add more stores in the near future. Katha has made me more secure in my life.''

Naveen Saini, who acts in 'Bidaai', runs a parallel car rental. Cezanne Khan rents out his Madh Island bungalow for film and television shootings, while Maanav Gohil and Shweta Kwatra run an event management company. Then there are some actors who have turned producers as well. JD Majithia is already doing well as a producer. Urvashi Dholakia, who played Komalika in 'Kasauti Zindagi Kay', has started a production company and will make shows. Smriti 'Tulsi' Irani too has begun producing television shows. Sakshi 'Parvati' Tanwar is planning to start her own production house. And Shweta Tiwari, who started a production house along with husband Raja Chaudhary, has produced Bhojpuri films.
niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Bidaai's Naveen Saini breaks hand during filming

Naveen Saini who plays Vineet in Sapna Babul Ka Bidaai has broken his right hand. The actor got a hair line fracture and tore his ligament while jumping from a wall in one of the sequences. But that hasn't stopped the actor from shooting for his serial.

"It happened last week. We were shooting for the sequence where Malti asks me to jump from a wall and enter the house like Ranbir came to meet Ragini. So I climbed the wall and when I tried to jump, I fell down. I was unconscious for some time and they had to splash some water on my face," says Naveen.
"For the next two days I ignored it as there was a busy schedule. When I realized that it is not manageable then I had no choice but to go see my doctor. He told me to go for x-ray and reports showed a hairline fracture near my elbow," he adds.

The actor's hand is now in a plaster and despite being in pain, he is still shooting for Bidaai. "For continuity and since we have an hour's worth of content to telecast I have to continue shooting. Doctors have said that it will take some time to recover. My bandage will be on for at least 3 weeks," Naveen says.

Having hurt his right hand, things must be quite difficult to manage with his left hand?

"I got married last month'so at home meri biwi meri seva karti hai and on the sets the costumewala, make up and spot boys are there so it is not that difficult manage with left hand. But for first two days I had to sign on cheques with left hand and they bounced back as the signature was not proper. But now I have learnt how to sign with my left hand also!" he says with a smile.

https://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/January/News_20090106_32

Bidaai's Naveen Saini breaks hand - Article

Edited by pinkykhan - 15 years ago
--Pinky-- thumbnail

Bidaai makers launch Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai

Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai is set against the backdrop of Udaypur and the Marvari culture. Rajan Sahi who is the man behind the popular show Bidaai tells us about his latest venture.

"This is the story of girl Akshara who is very pampered by her parents. She is the only daughter in the family after three generations. Her mother is very caring and they decide to fix her marriage as she is turning 19 soon. And she gets married to the fellow Naitik played by new actor Karan Mehra and then their love story starts," informs Rajan.
Meanwhile Hina Khan who will be playing lead role of Akshara says she is quite excited about her debut.

"I just went for auditions in Delhi. I was not sure whether I would get a break or not so I went back home. But the very next day I got a call from Mr. Rajan and he said 'you are my Akshara and I want you to come here in Mumbai.' So this was my instant journey to television. It is a new concept and I hope people can relate to it," says Hina

Karan Mehra is equally elated about his role. "Naitik is quite a simple boy. He belongs to typical marwari conservative family. He is a responsible person. He has been pampered by all the females of his family. Today's generation does not believe in arranged marriages but after marriages also love can happen. I hope audiences will like this concept and our chemistry as well. This is my first show. I have done few commercials before this It was fun doing advertises but this is the platform which I always wanted to have," he says.

With Yeh Rishta… beginning Bidaai once again go back to its half hour slot and Yeh Rishta will air from 9.30pm from Monday onwards.

• Sonali Joshi, Hill Road Media
  • Tuesday, January 06, 2009

• https://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/January/News_20090106_39

Bidaai makers launch Yeh Rishta .... - Article

--Pinky-- thumbnail

Meet Angad Hasija, the dashing model from Punjab better known as Alekh in Rajan Shahi's Sapna Babul Ka...Bidaai.

Has Bidaai been your first tryst with fame?

No, I was introduced into the telly world in Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi, where he played a cameo of Angad, who was due to get engaged to Bhoomi, daughter of Karan.. But now I have a come a long way from that and I am now casted as the lead in Sapna Babul Ka...Bidaai.

On success-What it means to you?

My mantra of success is hard work. If one puts in his hundred percent then success is yours and no one can stop you from achieving your dreams.

On spiritualism-What it means to you? Do you believe in it? How do you practice it?

Believe in god. I am a very Religious person. I think every thing I have achieved today is only because of him. As it is right said if I have conviction towards god then my faith will work wonders.

On Fame-What it means to you?

Fame for me is when you are paid for the hard work that you have put in.

On turning point of life?

I always dreamt of becoming an actor. I always wanted to play such a role that audience can be a part of, and a playing a role of schizophrenic is challenging for me and is the turning point of my life.

On Stress Management-How do you handle stress?

Acting is not just my career but even my passion. Hence I never get stressed. But if ever I get stressed then I handle it by working out in the gym. It's like meditation for me. It brings peace to me.

On Trust-How do you define the line of trust in relations?

Trust is when you have faith in someone completely without any doubt.

Who inspires you to do your best?

As they say behind every man's success there is a hand of a lady. In my case also this saying is true. My mother inspires me to give my best.

What are your views on Vaastu and Feng Shui? What should be practiced more in India?

I can't decide what should be practiced in India. But I personally believe in Vaastu. I am an Interior designer and I practice Vaastu. In fact my own house in Chandigarh is designed with the help of Vaastu science.

Do you believe in Law of Karma?

Yes I do, that is why I feel that if you do good to people, good things happen to you.

Do you believe in Colour Therapy, Reiki and other healing techniques?

I believe in color therapy. My luck colour is red. I haven't practiced any of the other techniques yet.

Lessons that you have learnt in life:

The biggest lesson of my life that I have learnt is Manifestation. As our feelings manifest as our fortune.

Interview organsied and designed by Shweta

Angad.....Cameo to MainLead.....

--Pinky-- thumbnail

I would kidnap Shahrukh Khan: Preeti Puri
    by Vidhya Krishnan
    Jan 07, 2009, Bangalore

What is it about the lifestyle of celebrities that draws everyone's attention? Is it the gossip we hear or the seemingly wonderful lives they lead that attract us? We may hear a lot but we never get the real picture about who they really are. For our column on 'Lifestyle', Preeti Puri talks about her life.

I am…a normal family person who likes spending most of her time with her family.

I love…music, parents, life.

I hate…nothing. I believe God made everything and that has to be accepted.

My inspiration…anything that is good and superior to me. Even experience inspires me, especially my father who has solid experience.

My strength…my family.

My weakness…my family again.

Marriage is…I believe in love marriage. It is important for both the partners to know each other well before taking it forward in the relationship. I hope I get married by this year end because this year is supposed to be lucky for me. But I will have to wait and watch until then.

Lust is…I believe that you can get physical only when there is love.

I'm attracted to…good people, pets and dresses.

I drive…I am really scared of driving. It is a phobia and I feel I would kill somebody if I drive. I own an Accent but I am planning to sell that and buy the new Honda City. My dream car is a BMW.

Maybe a gizmo person...? Not too much but I do like trying new stuff in the market like phones and laptops.

My recent purchase…a China phone – it is amazing!

I get sweaty and dirty…while gymming.

Maybe a water person…? I love swimming and playing at the beach. I also do like water games and sports.

I just finished reading…I hate reading though I was a good student.

Most treasured moment…my brother's wedding and when my nephew was born.

I smile…when I make others happy.

When I'm angry, I blow off steam by…when I am taken for granted, I really go wild. I don't get angry so often but if I do, then it is the top level and I will do anything. I usually show my anger to my mum or my good friends.

If I woke up one morning and discovered that I had turned into a man, I would…it would be good. I would like to experience what a man feels about a woman. I would be more than happy and since I spent all these years as a woman, I also want to be a man for some time.

Was my first crush in the ninth grade? I don't remember my first crush.

I'm obsessed about…I am not obsessed about anything as such but I am quite possessive about my family and good friends. I like getting the attention, freedom and giving the freedom as well.

I'm fussy about…food.

One thing I would change about myself…I am very emotional and cry for every silly thing.

I would love to go to a deserted island with…Shahrukh Khan. I would kidnap him and take him to the island and chat with him as much as possible. I also would like to do some cooking with him.

My idea of a perfect date…on the deserted island with SRK sounds perfect.

My first date…it was in college with a guy over a cup of coffee.

My dream date…is Shahrukh Khan. This time I would invite him to come over and have some good dinner

I would like him to be dressed in a suit and myself in a nice flowey gown; a nice ball dance will fill the rest.

Hugs or kisses…hugs are fine…kisses are too much.

My ideal man is…I go for a good loving heart rather than looks and money.

Most cherished compliment…my co-actor Seema Kapoor often tells me that I am a darling person and don't talk ill of anyone which is really true. I want to be consistent in this.

Friends first or lovers? Both.

My worst habit is…I keep things for the last moment.

Weirdest dream…I had my uncle die in my dream and the very next day he really died. I can't forget that sick dream.

I feel most comfortable when…with family and friends.

When not working…I shop, watch movies and spend time with family and friends.

I get high on…good work, satisfaction and good scenes.

My last holiday was…it was in the year 2007 to Jammu, Punjab, Delhi – a North India trip.

Reality show or soap…both! Reality shows are good money but daily soaps are always there where you get permanent salary.

If it was my last day on earth…I would do so many things. I would spend all my time with my parents but not tell them that I would die.

At the moment, I want…my house, a good husband and another good show.

My weekend is…I would like to spend time in Lonavala.

Bollywood or small screen…both! I would prefer Bollywood without having to expose myself. I want to be like Tabu.

I believe in…God; he takes care of each and everyone as his child like how a mother does.

And my future is…going to be good as God is always with me and knows what is perfect for me.

Philosophy of life…efforts plus luck equals success.

Article:I would kidnap Shahrukh Khan: Preeti Puri

--Pinky-- thumbnail

Bidaai five days a week from January 19th...

Rajan Shahi's Sapna Babul Ka Bidaai will now be aired from Monday to Friday at the 9 PM slot from January 19th...

https://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1104550

--Pinky-- thumbnail

Top 10s of 2008......

Top 10 TV Stars (male) of 2008

8) Angad Hansija/ Kinshuk Mahajan- This year in Star Plus's serial Bidaai Angad Hansija and Kinshuk Mahajan made their entry in the show as the two male leads. They were immediately welcomed by the viewers

Top 10 TV Stars (female) of 2008

3) Sara Khan/ Parul Chauhan- These two betis from Star Plus's serial Bidaai too got every one's love and attention.

1) Bidaai (Star Plus) - In our top 10, Star Plus's Bidaai is on the No. 1 position. For the whole year this serial has entertained all of us a lot especially after the entry of Rajvansh family which put a new life in the serial as the serial got its two heroes- Aalekh and Ranbeer. Soon we got connected to the love stories of the main leads

Top 10s of 2008......

niveditha thumbnail
    Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
    Edited by pinkykhan - 15 years ago
    --Pinky-- thumbnail

Eva Grover to do a cameo in Bidaai.

The actress will be seen in grey shade. Her cameo will last for 2-3 episodes...

https://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1106539