Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

214926 thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Celebs look back on the year 2008!
Alok Nath
It was a pretty nice year…there was nice work and appreciation. I feel good to be a part of the number one serial ('Bidaai') and overall, this year was a happy year for me.

Vibha Chibber
It was a very nice and organised year for me. It was a good thing that 'Bidaai' won five awards and my name was nominated in the 'Best Supporting Actress' category. Also, I had some good movies like 'Ghajini'. So both personally and professionally, it was a good year for me. But the Mumbai terrorist attack was a disaster and I hope that 2009 will be a much better year for everyone.

Preeti Puri
This year was wonderful though the last part was sad because of the Mumbai attack. So I will not have any celebrations but keep myself busy with shooting and spend some time with family. But overall, it was a nice year for me.
link:
niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
2008: Year for TV Coupling!

This has been good year for most of the television couples as they walked up the altar. And it wasn't only about tying the knot, many interesting jodis were also formed in 2008.

Sachin Shroff and Juhi Parmar
The most surprising couple of the year is Sachin Shroff and Juhi Parmar. The two have never worked together. But yet five years after knowing each other the couple realized that they are in love. The couple is ready to tie knots on February 15 next year.

Ali Merchant and Sara Khan
Ali and Sara is another interesting and famous pair in tellyland. The couple met at a hotel and Ali's friend Jay Bhanushali played cupid for them. Sara used to visit Ali's mother's parlor regularly.

Karan Singh Grover and Shraddha Nigam
After going out for a year, the duo got married this month. It was quite a surprise decision especially since news of the two having problems were also doing the rounds earlier this year. However they secretly got married on December 2 in Goa. They met each other at the party and Karan offered Shraddha a drop but then they sat at a coffee shop till 8 am in the morning.

Kapil Nirmal and Anjali Abrol
Kapil and Anjali are one of the youngest couple from the world of television. Anjali who is originally from Kashmir is still in junior college. They met on the sets of their first ever show Raja Ki Aayegi Barat and started enjoying their company. The couple is hot favourite amongst youngsters and is part of Nach Baliye's current season.

Mouni Roy and Gaurav Chopra
The news of Mouni and Gaurav getting together definitely took everyone by surprise. Previously Gaurav was dating Narayani Shastri but on the sets of Zara Nachke Dikha, Mouni and Gaurav became good friends and started hanging out together for movies and all. Interestingly Narayani Shashtri was also part of this show. And it is only recently that Mouni openly announced her relationship with Gaurav.

https://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2008/December/News_20081230_190

• Sonali Joshi, Hill Road Media.
  • Tuesday, December 30, 2008
  • 2008: Year for TV Coupling!

Edited by pinkykhan - 15 years ago
    214926 thumbnail
    Parul attends Vivek Jain's wedding

TV News

TV Specials
    Parul Chauhan aka Ragini of Bidaai fame seemed very excited about the wedding of her rakhi brother Vivek Jain. The marriage was held in Bhopal and the actress herself made sure that nothing goes wrong and supervised the whole event. Neither to say her fans mobbed her at the wedding. But it wasn't easy for the actress to take out time from his busy daily soap schedule for the wedding. Though the producers granted her permission, before taking the flight, the actress shot from 7am-5pm and then 8pm-3am in the morning.

But the hard work paid off and the actress had a great time at the wedding. She also danced a lot. It was a complete traditional type of wedding and she wore a lehenga in the evening. Her fans also got a chance to take her photographs and click pictures with their favourite actress. Almost all the co-stars of the serial Bidaai like, Alok Nath, Parul Chauhan, and producer Rajan Shahi attended the wedding. Sara Khan who is from Bhopal wanted to attend the wedding too but couldn't make it due to some personal reason. Vivek is said to have married his long term girlfriend.
    214926 thumbnail
    Reality kills Saas Bahu
    By Suparna Sharma

There were no ominous predictions at the dawn of 2008. All was well with the parivaars of Viranis, Aggarwals and Walias. Though Shanti Niketan and other gilded bungalows were at the centre of many intrigues, Baa, bahus and their betis were drawing a decent audience.
    The quintessential saas-bahu 'K' serials — their TVR down to 4 in January 2008 from the envious and legendary 12 in January 2005 — still occupied top slots in the 10-most watched entertainment shows on Indian television. But six months into 2008, the iconic saas-bahu serials were squatting at the bottom of the 'Top 10' pile. By October they disappeared entirely and haven't made a comeback since. With the top slots reserved either for reality shows or soaps with a dash of reality, the contest was now between Khatron Ke Khiladi, Nach Baliye, Indian Idol, Balika Vadhu and Bidaai...

Bipasha Basu says, "Reality shows are here to stay. I have nothing against soaps, they obviously worked. But maybe that phase is over and people are looking for something they can relate to and identify with. In reality shows like music talent hunts, or Roadies, contestants are one of the masses and thus identification is higher. Also there is the thrill of the unknown. With soaps, things were quite predictable."

But predictability was not the only reported cause of death when, in October 2008, the obituaries of saas-bahu serials were being written in the offices of channel creative heads. Boredom with their hackneyed stories, concerns and conflicts of saas-bahus was what led the audiences to finally tune off from the cycle of petty kitchen politics and start surfing for a bit of reality.

And it didn't help, of course, that new-kid-on-the block Colors was upping the game. While Star Plus' sindoor-mangalsutra women were in the kitchen rolling theplas or spying on their bahus, a click away, Akshay Kumar's 13 real women were jumping from planes, crashing into glass and fishing out snakes. And after they were done, Rahul Mahajan arrived to romance a real-life don's moll.

Ashvini Yardi, head of programming, Colors, says, "Reality shows were big this year. Bigg Boss, in fact, got TVR of 5. Though the reality genre has been overdone, in 2009, we will have Khatron Ke Khiladi and Bigg Boss again but with differentiated content."

So will TV get even more voyeuristic? Yardi laughs and says, "We'll also be looking at family-drama soaps. Our serials, which are doing well deal with real issues like child marriage in Balika Vadhu and a marriage-gone-stale in Jaane Kya Baat Hui. Audiences want soaps with a difference, so we have to cater to that and entertain, without being preachy." But is Bidaai, the No. 1 serial for a while now, really different? Well, yes and no. The show's main premise is Indian society's attitude toward beauty and the (perceived) lack of it. But, of course, there are the staple twists, turns, traumas and tensions involving saas and bahus.

Anil Wanwari, Indiantelevision.com, said, "I don't agree that soaps will be less popular than reality shows because women are the prime audience for any soap, so they will remain popular." Kunal Kohli, film critic and director, feels that soaps will get a facelift. "I do think saas-bahu shows have had their run time, and a successful one at that. Soaps will still continue to run and make merry with TVRs, but the content of the shows will change. I see shows being more realistic and true to time. Reality shows though have caught on in a big way, given all the elements of thrill they involve."

However, Dheeraj Kumar, producer of Maayka and Ghar Ki Lakshmi Betiyaan, is certain that audiences' tastes are changing "Television programming is moving towards socially-relevant and issue-based stories that are easy to identify with. As for reality TV, people are bored with singing and dancing talent hunt shows. Viewers want change in the reality TV space and channels will have to explore new concepts."

Sooraj Rao, creative head, Balaji Telefilms, agrees that the days of selling dreams are over. "In reality TV, it is thumbs down for most of the clones of original formats. A novel concept has to come in to take reality TV into a different zone." How about a second season of Biggest Loser Jeetega with Ekta Kapoor, Tulsi and Jay Walia fighting the battle of the bulge? Now that would be real and entertaining.

link : http://www.deccanchronicle.com/TV%20Guide/TV%20GuideDescription.asp#Saru%20is%20a%20socially%20conscious%20singer
    --Pinky-- thumbnail
    Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
    Gum Hua Gosh directed by Rajan Shahi held off since 3 years...

'Gum Hua Hosh' lost in the oblivion...

Deepti Bhatnagar's Gum Hua Hosh,has been waiting for a launch on Star Plus for nearly three years now!! The show ...

Rajan's show held off since 3 years

--Pinky-- thumbnail
    --Pinky-- thumbnail

Best of '08: Top 10 controversies on TV

Unlike other times, year 2008 has been quite controversial in the world of television. We take a look at all the small screen fiascos that grabbed the headlines through the year.

Best of '08: Top 10 controversies on TV

--Pinky-- thumbnail
    Mandira Bedi turns fat, old Punjabi kudi
    Chhaya Toshniwal
    Monday, December 29, 2008 23:59 IST
    DNA
    Mandira Bedi (right) visits the sets of a TV serial in disguise to promote her new show.

Mandira Bedi Pranks Parul

--Pinky-- thumbnail
    Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai from January 12th...
    Bidaai will move back to its half an hour slot while Yeh Rishta will be slotted at 9.30 PM from January 12th on Star Plus..

Bidaai will move back to its half an hour

--Pinky-- thumbnail

Celebs look back on the year 2008!
    by Vidhya Krishnan
    Dec 26, 2008, Chennai

Alok Nath
    It was a pretty nice year…there was nice work and appreciation. I feel good to be a part of the number one serial ('Bidaai') and overall, this year was a happy year for me.

Vibha Chibber
    It was a very nice and organised year for me. It was a good thing that 'Bidaai' won five awards and my name was nominated in the 'Best Supporting Actress' category. Also, I had some good movies like 'Ghajini'. So both personally and professionally, it was a good year for me. But the Mumbai terrorist attack was a disaster and I hope that 2009 will be a much better year for everyone.

https://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1099202