Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ANJANA thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Bidaai girls win big again

Sara Khan and Parul Chauhan - Bidaai's stars - collected their second straight award for being the best actresses on TV. The girls play Sadhna and Ragini in the Star serial.

We spoke to Sara after the Telly Awards over the weekend and she attributed their success to teamwork.

"It is all because of our unity and love and affection that we share that we've triumphed," said Sara, "we never compare one with the other. That is the only secret behind our success, I guess." After her boyfriend Ali, Sara says that Parul is the "most important person in my life."

Sara says she's taken the award in her stride, just as she had the first one last year. "I have no celebration planned even after winning two awards - though everyone is been asking me for a treat!" said Sara. Asked what she wanted, she said: "Take an off day for Christmas and then celebrate with everyone, but as of now I have got no holidays... let see what happens."

"This is my 6th trophy of the year - I won five awards before this - and it is a very nice feeling to see my producer Rajan Sir being proud of me," said Sara, "It's special to watch the happiness of my team. That's better than winning any trophy."

And what of Ali? "He was also present when I received these awards and he was very happy to watch me going up the stage."

What was she thinking of next? "It's challenging just to maintain whatever I have gained," said Sara, "I have worked hard to reach here and now I want to work harder.

Apart from Best Actress, Bidaai also picked up the award for Best Newcomer, which went to Anagad Hasija (Alekh). It also won Best Show.
http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2008/December/News_20081222_135
214926 thumbnail
Stage managed

Each winner from the Bidaai unit made sure they called up rest of the gang on stage the most bizarre being Parul Chauhan who nearly exasperated in the process. Even as she panted, she kept asking for more names. More than names, we thought, she needed water.
Best Supporting Actor (Male): Alok Nath (Sapna Babul Ka Bidaai)
Gold Debut (Male): Kinshuk Mahajan (Sapna Babul Ka Bidaai)
Gold Debut (Female): Parul Chauhan (Sapna Babul Ka Bidaai)
Best Show: Sapna Babul Ka Bidaai
Viva veterans

Old warhorses Sarita Joshi, Aroona Irani (seen here with hubby Kuku Kohli) and Alok Nath pipped the Gen Y as they bagged the honours in the Best Actress (Critics), Best Supporting Actress and Best Supporting Actor category. An overwhelmed Alok Nath (under the influence of emotions or alcohol, we don't know) made quite some speech. It was however Sarita Joshi's impromptu jig to Desi Girl that got all the ceetees. Baa simply rocked.
niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Ashita & Saillesh ready to tie the knot

After 3 years of being together, Ashita Dhawan (Malti Bhabhi of Bidaai) and Saillesh Gulabani have finally decided to tie the knot. But the duo is yet to convince their parents.

"Yes. We haven't spoken to our parents formally," quips Ashita, "But I am sure that my parents must be knowing about us. I go out with him so often toh I am sure unhe pata hi hoga."

So would it be difficult to convince them?

"He is a Sindhi and I am Punjabi. I don't think mere yahaan koi problem hogi," says Ashita.

But things aren't that smooth on the other side. "Shayad thodi problem ho sakti hai," says Saillesh, "Buss parents ko convince karne ki der hai, par fir bhi December 2009 tak toh sure hai."

The love birds were approached for Nach Baliye 4 but sadly it didn't work out for them. Ashita is however keen to participate in NB5 if it comes her way again. "Surely. If NB5 happens and we are approached then why not?" she replies.

On the professional front, Ashita just wrapped up with her dance reality ZND and is currently seen as Malti bhabhi in Bidaai. Saillesh on the other hand was seen in Ek thi rajkumari and Chhona hai aasman and is currently seen in Jeevansathi (Colors) and Naagin.

https://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2008/December/News_20081226_164

Ashita & Saillesh ready to tie the knot - Article

Edited by pinkykhan - 15 years ago
niveditha thumbnail
Kinshuk's house in trouble as Angad has no time

Kinshuk Mahajan who plays Ranbir in Bidaai is in a spot of bother. His new home was to be done up by Bidaai co-star Angad Hasija. But with Angad having a busy schedule, plans for Kinshuk's home have come to a standstill.

"Every day I tell him that I want curtains of this colour for my bed room, I want such and such arrangement for the drawing room or I want to have a particular design on my wall but he has not been getting off to do anything for me! I shoot with him everyday so I know the situation very well and that is why I cannot tell him anything. Our schedule is so hectic so let's see when will he get time," says an understanding Kinshuk.

Kinshuk recently received his first award at the Platinum Awards last week in Dubai. " I had no dates so I cancelled my plans to go to Dubai but then on the day of the awards somehow I managed to reach. Then they told me to perform at the event also. Jay was supposed to perform but it did not happen. I barely got an hour to rehearse."

"I performed jarasi dil main jagah tu with Parul. I was not expecting this award so after the performance I didn't even change. So when they announced my name immediately after Parul won her award, I went on stage and said sorry I could not change'so it was a damn funny experience," adds Kinshuk.

https://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2008/December/News_20081226_165

Kinshuk's house in trouble - Article

--Pinky-- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Sapna Babul Ka - Bidaai, the prime time offering on Star Plus, is soaring on the ratings chart week after week. The show currently rates as the number one drama on Indian television, which was launched on October 8, 2007.

A simple yet intriguing story of two sisters faced with societal pressures because of their skin colour, the show has won accolades by the viewers in less than a year of its launch. The show rates an average 6.3 TVRs as per the latest TAM research data for Week 32.

Vivek Bahl, senior creative director, Star Plus, said, "We are extremely humbled by the love and adulation extended by our viewers of Bidaai and it is their unending support that has made the show a huge success. We have always endeavored to offer our viewers a variety of concepts and will continue to strive in that direction. Sapna Babul Ka… Bidaai promises to get more captivating in the time to come with an interesting plotline and new twists and turns".

Rajan Shahi, head, Director's Kut Productions, said, "The production of Bidaai has been an excellent experience. The success of Bidaai can be attributed to the hard work, sincerity and dedication of my team, star cast and Star Plus."

For the Week 32, amongst the current GECs, the market leader is Star Plus with a channel share of 27 per cent, followed by Zee TV with 17 per cent, Colors with 11 per cent and Sony Entertainment Television with about 9 per cent.

Bidaai leads as No. 1 drama on Indian television

--Pinky-- thumbnail

Bidaii, Star plus

Bidaii

It is the simplicity of the show that makes Bidaai so popular.

Bidaai the story of two sisters Ragini and Sadhana -- one dark complexioned, and the other fairer. The show many twists and drama, especially Ragini's dowry saga.

Sadhana's sacrifice to get married to a mentally challenged rich guy in order to save her family from the financial burden was well accepted by the audiences.

https://specials.rediff.com/movies/2008/dec/24slide2-top-television-shows.htm

Bidaai in top television shows 2008: Rediff

--Pinky-- thumbnail

The year end celebrations begins with IDEA Indian Television Academy Awards On December 27 on STAR PLUS. Mumbai, December 18:- It's the time for saluting and recognizing the best! It's that time of the year when the entire entertainment industry turns up to cheer and celebrate the success of their friends, colleagues and competitors.

India's leading General Entertainment Channel, STAR Plus presents the IDEA Indian Television Academy Awards (ITA Awards) that rewards the exemplary work of individuals and teams that brings entertaining fare on television and enthrals the viewers everyday.

Premiering on December 27 at 9 pm on STAR Plus with the Red Carpet event, the Awards' night has become the most sought after event on Indian television. After seven years of recognizing excellence in television, the fever hits the crescendo to the annual presentation of trophies, when hundreds of millions of television lovers glue themselves to their television sets to learn who will receive the highest honor in various categories.

This year, the IDEA ITA Awards don a Las Vegas theme. The stage and set dcor embodies the glamour of Las Vegas. Similarly all the performances are centered on robbery, mystery, roulette and stylish men and women – recreating the magic of Las Vegas.

Watch out for Shard Kelkar's opening performance on all the hit songs from James Bond. Also watch Parul Chauhan, Sara Khan, Kinshuk Mahajan and Angad Hasija in a different avatar executing a diamond robbery. Karishma Tanna and Chaitanya Chaudhary will solve a murder mystery in a classic act of the night, complimented by melodious music. No Las Vegas night would be complete without a cabaret - Sayatani Ghosh and Mouli Ganguly perform one on the classic medley-Aa jane jaa, Aao na gale jag jao na.

Also, tune in to some rib-tickling comedy with a spoof on Mughal-e-Azam with Mona Singh, Ali Asgar and Krushna Abhishek. Ronit Roy does an 'Akki' as he performs on Akshay Kumar most popular songs. Watch Bollywood actor, Akshay Kumar, react to this performance as he enjoys the show with his wife, Tina. The Stars of 2008, Avika Gor, Amay, Ehsaas and Avinash also represent the kids on television with their dance performance.

Besides Akshay Kumar, also present were Twinkle Khanna, Shilpa Shetty, Kabir Badi, Rohit Roy, Monica Bedi, rahul Mahajan, Payala Rohatgi, Ramesh sippy, Kiran Juneja, Sonu Niigam, Alka yagnik, Prasoon Joshi, Harsha Bhogle, opinion makers like Rajdeep Sardesai, Arnab Goswami, Vikram Chandra and the entire television Industry.

Amidst all these spectacular acts, the industry will give its verdict on award categories like the Best Entertainment channel, Best TV event, Best Actor in supporting role, Best Anchor-Game/Quiz show, Best Singer, Best Actor- Drama, Idea Champion Popular Show of the year, Best Actress- Popular, Best Actor- Popular, Best Music Channel and many more.

To know who made the cut and who failed to cross the line this year, tune-in to the IDEA INDIAN TELEVISION ACADEMY AWARDS on December 27, 2008 at 9 pm, only on STAR Plus.

The year end celebrations begins with IDEA Indian

--Pinky-- thumbnail
niveditha thumbnail
Kinshuk has a gala time shopping in Dubai

Kinshuk Mahajan, popularly known as Ranbir of Sapna Babul Ka Bidaai, has been to Dubai recently. Arriving at the very last moment to attend the Plaitnum Awards, the actor decided to take some time off and go enjoy the city.

"It was a last moment tour for me. I wanted to go early in Dubai but could not do so as I had tight schedule. But after the award function we went shopping with Rajan Shahi and Parul. I bought a hukkah from there which I plan to keep in one of my rooms which has Indian sitting arrangements as well as some chocolates and some liquor."

"But one funny incident took place with me there. We went to one of the big malls and at one jewelry shop I liked one ring'it was very pretty so I decided to buy it for my mother. I went inside the shop and asked him the price and he said 5. I thought he meant 5 thousand and I was so happy. I went and told Rajan sir and Parul that gold so cheap over here."

"Then I thought if it is cheap over here then let's buy something expensive so I asked him to show me diamond ring which he said was for 9. So again I thought that he meant just 9 thousand rupees. However Rajan sir and Parul started laughing at me when I was checking my cash and that time I realized that he is telling me the price in local currency which when converted would cost me 1.25 lakhs! It was really funny but I also felt like a fool," laughs Kinshuk.

https://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2008/December/News_20081229_180
Kinshuk has a gala time shopping in Dubai - Articl