Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 15 years ago
Award function replayed for Angad

Angad Hasija, known as Alekh from Sapna Babul Ka' Bidaai, won the best actor award at the ITA awards function. However, the actor left shortly after he performed at the ceremony and missed his chance to collect his trophy on stage.
Angad says, "I was not well that day so I performed at the function and left to get some rest. I always attend awards ceremonies and never take home the prize so I thought that this time would be no different."
The award was collected by Angad's onscreen wife, Sara Khan. The members of the Bidaai crew made it up to him by organizing a special ceremony at the actor's home. Angad elaborates, "When I was told that I won the award I was surprised. Then the entire unit of Bidaai, approximately 50 members, came to my place. They were screaming and shouting and could be heard throughout my society. They then conducted an identical awards function. Sara played the host and our producer, Rajan sir, presented me with the trophy."

A delighted Angad continues, "Last year, I didn't win any awards so Rajan gave me his trophy and told me to return it to him when I do win one. I challenged God by keeping the trophy in my temple. After Rajan gave me my award he told me that it was time to return his trophy. I complied of course."

The actor, who plans to throw a party for everyone, feels sorry that he missed the moment to thank all of them. "It's been my dream to go on stage and collect my trophy but it is fine. After having a small function at home, Rajan sir took us out for dinner at the J.W.Marriot."

Angad can now be seen playing Krishna on Bidaai. "I am the first play Lord Krishna on a daily soap. I had to paint my entire body sky blue for 3 continuous days. The colorist would start my makeup at 6pm and we would be done for the day by midnight. Removing the paint took about 3 hours. I have a reaction to the paint, I get boils all over my body, but I am lucky to have this chance to play Lord Krishna," says the actor.

Sara Khan (Sadhana), Parul Chauhan (Ragini) as well as the series also received honours. We wish the entire Bidaai team our heartiest congratulations.

https://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2008/December/News_20081216_100

• Sonali Joshi, Hill Road Media
  • Tuesday, December 16, 2008

• Award function replayed for Angad

Edited by pinkykhan - 15 years ago
    --Pinky-- thumbnail
    Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
    Bidaai's wedding make all cry
    Parul Chauhan (Ragini) of 'Bidaai' is getting married on-screen and the actress was expectedly very thrilled about it. When she came to know that she was getting married, Parul was not only very excited, but was asking everyone right from the producer to the director regarding her bridal make-up, costume and all. The dress, accessories and the decoration for the marriage in the scene totally resemble the UP style - to reiterate the Agra base of the show.

The dress that she wore was so heavy that Parul found it extremely difficult even to stand. At the end of it, shooting for five consecutive nights, the actress was completely drained out and could very well identify with the plight of a real bride!
    Maybe because of heavy costume and night shoots, Parul felt giddy right from day one of the entire schedule. She also fell unconscious a couple of times. Vibha Chibber, who's playing her on-screen mother, then tied a black thread on her wrist thinking that it would protect her from evil eyes because Parul was looking amazing in her bridal outfit.

Parul could feel the emotion that a girl goes through during her 'bidaai', it was something special. Especially because she herself being dark and not a conventional beauty - this is the main reason she thinks that she does justice to Ragini's character. Not only Parul, but even Vibha Chibber has faced this color issue many a times in her personal life.

When the actual marriage sequence was being shot, Parul cried without glycerin, all other artists (Alok Nath, Vibha Chibber, Amardeep Jha (Nani), Ashita Dhawan(Maalti), Sara Khan(Sadhna) were also in tears.
    214926 thumbnail
    My first salary was 1,500: Rajan Shahi

There is no doubt that money plays an important part in everyone's life. And celebs are known as much for the bundles they earn as anything else. Is it the same with TV stars? For our Tellywatch column on money, Rajan Shahi shared his thoughts on money and more.

How important is money to you?
    Money is a means to an end. Money is not the most important thing – it does solve certain problems but not everything. Money by itself is not everything. Being a producer, money does give me the professional satisfaction to lead a good and comfortable life. Money should not be less or more…there should be a right balance of it. It is important to understand that money should not take over life.

How do you handle your expenses?
    We have a system set; my financial team handles all the money inflow and outflow. On a personal level, I monitor what and how I spend. I have gone through a lot of ups and downs, so I have due respect for money and don't carelessly spend. I spend only on a need basis.

How good are you at saving?
    I am never in the habit of saving; I feel loaded by saving money. I put all the money that I get into new shows and generally buy whenever required only.

Are you a spendthrift?
    I don't know to exactly judge myself on this…I am not a very ambitious person so I spend when a need arises.

Are you an impulsive buyer?
    Sometimes…I like to buy stuff like clothes and accessories. But I would rather say that I am a balanced buyer.

What do you spend the most amount of money on?
    I am quite impulsive when it comes to perfumes…I am very fond of them. Actually, most of my money goes into setting up my shows.

Most recent purchase…
    I got some clothes and boots yesterday for an awards function.

At what age did you start earning and what did you do with your first salary?
    At the age of nine, I did a guest appearance in a movie called 'Masoom' by Shekhar Kapur. I got good money for that and I bought a lot of chocolates. But I properly started earning when I was 21. I started as an assistant director and was paid Rs.1,500. I could not party – neither could I give it to my parents nor could I save anything. All the money went for paying my rent.

How much money do you carry with you every day?
    I carry about six to seven thousand with me every day. I use cards as well when required.

What is your best purchase till date?
    Every purchase has been equally important and satisfactory for me. Maybe it was when I gave watches to my parents as the first gift…I felt a little proud.

One tip as far as spending money is concerned…
    Money should be spent in a balanced way and whenever required only. You might have a lot of money but you never know what the future holds. It is important to know that money may come and go but it is not the ultimate thing that can give happiness.

Keep checking back at this space as we bring you more thoughts from your favourite TV stars.

--Pinky-- thumbnail
    Natasha Rana meets with an accident

Natasha Rana, who plays Choti Maa in Bidaai, met with an accident on December 13.Thankfully, Natasha is not badly injured. Angad Hasija, who plays her nephew on the show, gave us the details.

Aagad says, "We all packed up early on Saturday as we wanted to attend an awards function. However, Natasha left a little earlier than us and within 10 minutes she called me. I picked up the call and was pulling her leg but then she suddenly started to cry. I asked her what happened; she told me that she had an accident."

Aagad immediately told Kinshuk, who was the only other person left on the sets, what happened. He continues, "Everyone else has already left. We shoot on Mira road (Mumbai) and few minutes away a crane had hit her car. She has a Skoda and the crane banged her car from the front. She has injured her nose and hand but since it was a big car, there were no severe injuries. She was so scared."

They then went to the local police station to register a complaint but they could not find driver of the crane. "Kinshuk and I then gave her a lift to her house in 7 bungalows (Andheri, Mumbai). After which we headed to the awards function. She is fine now but her car is damaged," concludes Angad.

Natasha was not available for comment.
    Source: Indya.com

https://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1091772

niveditha thumbnail

Angad Hasija turns 'Krishn Bhagwan'...

A very interesting episode will be aired this Thursday in Bidaai wherein Sara and Angad portray Radha and Krishn..

ANJANA thumbnail
    Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
    Is television Bollywood's poor cousin?
    18 Dec 2008, 0000 hrs IST, RITU VERMA, TNN
    Print Email Discuss Share Save Comment Single page view Text:
    Be it the storyline, background score, the looks of the characters or even the title of the show, television industry has an enormously reliable,
    A still from 'Banoo Main Teri Dulhan'
    non-dying source to draw inspiration from- Bollywood.

Dil Mil Gaye , a show which is gaining popularity, especially amongst the youngsters, recently borrowed up an entire sequence from the movie Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na. Kasauti Zindagi Ki also bears a lot of resemblance with the movie Devdas - namely the Bengali backdrop, the poor girl meets rich guy formula and the main lead Prerna getting married to an older man.

If you didn't see Shah Rukh Khan's blockbuster movie Om Shanti Om , now you can watch its extended version in Banoo Main Teri Dulhan . Apart from the story, the producers of the show have even copied the most famous line from OSO, ' picture abhi baki hai mere dost .'

Even in the arena of background score, every serial is inspired by filmi tunes from different movies. Be it a romantic scene, a wedding or a tragic sequence, producers have a massive music library to look forward to.

Amita Sharam, a Delhi-based lawyer says, "Recently I was watching Raja Ki Aayegi Baraat on Star Plus. The lead pair was on their honeymoon and the time they came close, I could hear Jodha Akbar's romantic number playing in the background. I found this really upsetting. These people spend recklessly on sets, costumes and outdoor shoots, then why can't they invest some money on recording original music?"

Is television falling short of ideas?
    Influence of films is becoming extremely evident in television today. Director-producer, Ravi Chopra opines, "Television and Bollywood are two sides of the same coin. It really doesn't make a difference who draws inspiration from whom."

Similarly, Ranjan Shahi, producer and series director of Sapna Baabul Ka Bidaai believes that certain thoughts and concepts leave a lot of impact on the viewer's mind and thus seeing anything remotely close to it reminds them of the original story.

Ranjan adds, "Sometimes a film fails to explore a particular concept whereas in the case of television you have an opportunity of exploiting the same issue in a better way. I agree my show Bidaai has been inspired from the movie Vivah .But anybody who follows the show will agree that the show is not strictly copying the movie. It has its own storyline and characters, which are very different from the film. Recently I was watching a show that I will not name; and that was a scene-by-scene copy of a Bollywood movie. I would call it bankruptcy of creativity and nothing else."

Ashvini Yardi, head of programming, Colors justifies, "Bollywood and television both mirror the same society and thus relate to similar issues and problems. That is one of the reasons that certain plots look similar from a distance. Bollywood is far more glamorous and larger than life as compared to television."

Is it only about content?
    If you talk about the definition of characters and their looks, television looks upto Bollywood in this area as well. One of the most popular instances is actress Shveta Salve's character in the show Left Right Left .

Shveta defends her role by saying, "Sushmita Sen's look in Main Hoo Naa was an iconic character. The look was extremely publicised. Still I made deliberate efforts to bring in dissimilarities. Firstly, I don't look like her, and then I sported a different hairstyle. I played a psychiatrist in Left Right Left , whereas she was a chemistry teacher in the flick. I also tried to walk and talk in a completely different manner. You can continue to compare my look with Sush, but what's more important for me is that because of that look MTV titled me as the 'Most Stylish person on Television.'"

Rationalizes Ravi Chopra, "A lot of technicians in the television industry come from Bollywood, including camerapersons, make-up artists and stylists. Therefore, a lot of characters look similar."
    --Pinky-- thumbnail
    Sharad Malhotra, Parul Chauhan & Sara Khan shine at 8th Indian Telly Awards

Indiantelevision.com Team

(18 December 2008 12:00 am)

MUMBAI: In an evening of glitz and glamour, the Eighth Indian Telly Awards 2008 honoured the shining stars of the Indian television industry. Banoo Mein Teri Dulhann's Sharad Malhotra was adjudged the best actor while Bidaai's sisters Parul Chauhan and Sara Khan walked away with the best actress award.

Network18 founder and managing director Raghav Bahl was conferred with Lifetime Achievement award. Starting his career as a journalist, Bahl has created a media empire spread across TV channels, internet properties, filmed entertainment, wire services and cable TV.

Alva Brothers founding trio Nikhil, Niret and Nivedith were inducted into the Hall of Fame.

Said Nikhil Alva, "We have had a fantastic ride since we started operations from the garage 15 years back."

Star Plus was awarded the best entertainment channel while the best Hindi movie channel went to Max.

Times Now walked away with the best English news channel while Aaj Tak bagged the Hindi news channel of the year. CNBC TV18 won the best business news channel of the year.

Salman Khan was awarded for best anchor of Dus Ka Dum. Siddarth Basu of Synergy Adlabs accepted the award on behalf of Khan. Basu even danced on stage with Mini Mathur.

Surekha Sikri was awarded the best actor in a negative role (female) for playing the character Kalyani Devi in Balika Vadhu (Colors).

Sphere Origins bagged the best production house.

The Eighth edition introduced a new award, Garry Bhinder Promising Director, in fond memory of the director. The award went to Binder posthumously.

Hosted at the Chitrakoot Grounds in Andheri, Mumbai, the Indian Telly Popular Awards had 40 categories. These included: Best Actor (Male and Female), Best Supporting Actor (Male and Female), Best TV Daily, Best TV Weekly, Best Continuing TV show, Best TV Anchor, Best Hindi Channel, Best Production House, Best Reality Show, Best Talent Show, Best News Channel (English and Hindi), Best Hindi Movie Channel, Best Business News Channel, The Hall of Fame Award and Contribution to Television Award.

The evening also saw the felicitation of Prachi 'Rock On' Desai and Rajeev 'Aamir' Khandelwal for scaling the television wall and leaping into the world of cinema successfully.

The hosts for the evening were the inimitable Cyrus Broacha and Mini Mathur.

For those who missed it all, The Tellys will be premiered only on Sony TV on 31 December.

https://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1093334

niveditha thumbnail

Humanity comes first: Vibha Chibber
    by Vidhya Krishnan
    Dec 18, 2008, Bangalore

As part of our column 'If I could...I would...' pertaining to social causes, Vibha Chibber speaks on the causes that she would fight for, if she could.

"I would first work on making some changes to the cleanliness of our society," said Vibha. "Firstly, I would start it myself and then go around creating awareness as much as possible. Secondly, I would do something to improve the conditions of certain people like the light boys who work day in and day out. I will make sure to at least provide them with the basic necessities. Of course, there are producers who do take good care but I personally would like to do something for them."

She continued: "There are a lot of things that we tolerate and I want that attitude to change. People do a lot of things in the name of religion; India has a great culture and we should really implement certain things like respecting all religions and different cultures. We should do everything in unity and equality. Above all, we should consider everyone human beings irrespective of other things."

Vibha added: "I have to mention the rights of women in our society. Though women are coming ahead, there are certain aspects in our society that still do not let them grow. For instance, the colour differences that are shown in 'Bidaai''they still exist in our society. That is why it is shown and people still relate and watch it. Even the purdah system still exists, which is really sad."

She concluded: "The list will go on like this if I continue to talk so I would just like to conclude by saying that, on a personal level, I will do whatever is possible within my limitations. And I will bring about changes within my house and take it forward from there."

There's a lot on Vibha's list ' it should encourage us to also do our bit for a better India. Keep watching this space for more thoughtful insights from your favourite TV stars.

https://www.tellywatch.com/telly_columns/vibha_chibber_social_causes/december-18-2008/vibha_chibber_social_causes_fight_column.html

Humanity comes first: Vibha Chibber

niveditha thumbnail
    Angad is losing it!
    18 Dec, 2008 06:00 am IST
    lReena Thapar Kapoor/INDIATIMES MOVIES

Print EMail Discuss Share Save Comment Text:

Steamed fish, grilled chicken and tossed vegetables is what he survives on. The boring bland food has become Alekh alias Angad's staple diet. It all started a few months ago when Angad was called in for a meeting at the Star Plus office along with Rajan Sahi, the director of the show. The topic of discussion was Alekh's look in the show. "I was told that I look a bit heavy on screen. Both the channel and the director suggested that I should lose some weight," he recalls.

On demand, Angad decided to sport a leaner look. "I've been eating very small and low fat meals. I've been slogging it hard in the gym to achieve a better and toned body." And the results are already showing. Angad who recently won the best actor award is looking great. "My co-stars and well wishers have been complimenting me and that feels great."

The channels are now personally looking into the 'look' aspect of its stars. "We have to look the character," says Ram Kapoor. Apparently, the Kasamh Se actor has been trying to lose weight from the time the show first went on air. "Ram's fat is very stubborn. He tries but it doesn't help much," says his wife Gautami. But Zee TV has made it very clear that they need a leaner protagonist in their show. We hope Ram is listening.
    https://movies.indiatimes.com/News__Gossip/Television_News/Angad_is_losing_it/articleshow/3852702.cms

Angad is losing it! - Article

--Pinky-- thumbnail

Ranbir and Ragini to wed, Happy days in Bidaai

December 5th, 2008

Bidaai fans can now finally see Ranbir and Ragini getting married this month. But when Parul was asked about it she preferred not to say a single word about it and denied any such scene being shot.

It has been over three months since Ranbir and Ragini know each other. It was over a phone call when their love story started. It so happened ,that Ragini was trying to call one of her friends and by mistake ended up calling Ranbir. Slowly and steadily their friendship blossomed into love even after not seeing each other. Finally they met and saw each other for the first time and that's when Ranbir realized that the girl he fell in love with was no none other than his sister –in –laws dark complexioned sister Ragini. It was hard for him to believe the fact but finally he admitted it and decided to marry his love. But now the families are not allowing them to marry each other.

Currently in the serial Ragini is trying hard to be with her love. She is finding it difficult to convince her parents to let her marry Ranbir and finally gives up decides to sacrifie her love for her family. She agrees to tie the knot with Shishir ,a family friend. -Preity Punjabi (SAMPURN)

-----------------------------------------------