Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

--Pinky-- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 15 years ago
Naveen aka Vineet of Bidaai fame ties knot!!

Naveen Saini ties the knot...
Naveen who plays brother to Sadhana and Ragini in Bidaai has tied a knot with long time girlfriend Priyanka..

https://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1089019

--Pinky-- thumbnail

Bidaai touches a new high post strike..

The TRPs of the show has gotten bigger and better in the first week post strike...

niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Naveen and Priyanka tie the knot

The wedding season seems to be in full swing what with television stars all heading up the altar. The latest couple to have tied the knot is Naveen Saini aka Vineet of Babul Ka Sapna Bidaai and his long time girlfriend and fellow actress Priyanka Srivastav.

"Actually it is quite an interesting story about how we met each other. Her sister who is also an actress and I were working together on a show. I met her and used to flirt with her but she never used to give me bhav. But soon we became good friends and Priyanka was my support when I was going through a terrible break up. Slowly I came to realize that this is the girl which I wanted to get married and she will be able to manage my family also. I proposed her and she immediately said yes," says the happy groom.
Naveen says that he wanted to get married for quite awhile now. But says that there were lots of reasons for the delay.

"The real problem was that I was not settling in my career wise. And then I had responsibility of my sister also so we waited for her marriage. My parents were fine with our relationship but she was not ready to tell everything to her family. She was quite scared so her sister spoke to her family and they knew me very well as I was her good friend. They liked my nature. It took two years to convince her parents - not because they were not ready but because she was not ready to tell them."

"So that is how we decided to get married after 6 years of being together. Since Delhi is my hometown and most of my relatives stay there we went to Delhi to get married. It was a typical north Indian wedding. I came on a ghodi and we performed all rituals properly," adds Sahni.

Naveen says that while the marriage took place on a grand scale, the honeymoon will have to wait.

"Bidaai's schedule is quite tight at the moment so had to get back quickly. Though we did go to Vaishnav Devi and then to Punjab for a few days. We have this ritual that after marriage humhe matha takene jana padta hai. However we will go for our honeymoon in the New Year. I have two three places in mind like China, Malaysia or Goa.. Let's see," says Naveen.

Priyanka, who was last seen in Grihasthi, has not taken up any show for time being and is enjoy being a housewife.

We wish the couple a happy married life.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2008/December/News_20081211_72

• Sonali Joshi, Hill Road Media
  • Thursday, December 11, 2008

• --Pinky-- thumbnail

Hindi GECs recoup, Star Plus stays No. 1

Indiantelevision.com Team

(11 December 2008 11:00 pm)

MUMBAI: Hindi general entertainment channels (GECs) have bounced back on the very week that they sprinkled their prime time programming with fresh content.

The genre has seen a 11.6 per cent spurt to pocket a share of 33.6 per cent for the week ended 6 December (according to Tam data, C&S, 4+, HSM), after ratings nosedived for three consecutive weeks as viewers were fed on stale shows.

Armed with fresh content, Star Plus has gained tremendously. After slipping to the third spot with only 98 GRPs in the week ended 29 November, Star Plus has regained its leadership position with 263 GRPs (gross rating points) in the week ended 6 December.

Colors gets back to its second position with 213 GRPs, after taking the top spot with 124 GRPs (for week ended 29 November) during the spell when there was no new content.

Zee TV stays in the third position with 189 GRPs (last week 102 GRPs), followed by Sony Entertainment Television with 82 GRPs (earlier 67 GRPs).

Star Plus' Bidaai is the most watched show pocketing 7.97 TVR followed by Colors' Balika Vadhu at 7.18. Jai Shri Krishna is on the third spot with 4.99 TVR.

Star Plus' newly launched infotainment show Aap Ki Kachehri, which has Kiran Bedi as the presenter, pocketed 3.98 TVR while Kis Desh Mein Hain Mera Dil had a TVR of 3.94. Colors newly launched fiction-based show Uttaran, on the other hand, captured a TVR of 3.25.

Down the ladder, Star One (73 GRPs) is at the fifth place while NDTV Imagine (62 GRPs) is next, followed by Sahara One (46 GRPs) and Sab (45 GRPs).

9X, which did not introduce fresh content and is in the hunt for investors, shrank to 44 GRPs.

So how did the Hindi entertainment channels fare? The genre, as is evident from Tam data, is however yet to get back to its old position when it held audiences under their grip before they were impacted by the TV workers strike as producers refused to give way to higher wage demands.

Hindi GECs held an average share of 46.1 per cent for the four weeks beginning 12 October, and prior to the phase of programming blackout.

The genre was doubly affected – first by the three-week "zero fresh content" period and then by the rise of the news channels during the Mumbai terror attack.

During the week (23 to 29 Nov), news channels took away eyeballs from the Hindi GECs. Tam data shows that Hindi GECs were hit hard, sliding to 22 per cent for the week, from a previous four-week average of 32.4 per cent.

Earlier the dispute between the TV producers and workers union, which resulted in programming re-runs from 10 November, had eroded viewers from the genre.

For the week ended 15 November, prime time viewership for Hindi GECs shrank 13.9 per cent to stand at 32.1 per cent.

The genre also shed 6.8 per cent across all-day parts to have a share of 29.7 per cent, down from an average of 36.5 per cent for the last four weeks.

http://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1089607&PID=19402209&#19402209

niveditha thumbnail
    Sara Khan's pug up for sale

Ali Merchant & Sara Khan bought a pug in October. But just two months down the line they want to sell their Saggi. They say they are unable to take proper care of him.

"Yes..We are selling the dog," confirms Ali, "Sara's busy shooting for Bidaai round the clock and I too don't have time. I have more than 20-25 things lined up so there's no time."

Saggi mostly stayed with Sara and often accompanied his mistress to the sets. "It just could not have worked this way. All pets need special care and attention. He should get that love and affection which we both aren't able to give him," says Merchant.

So why did they decide to get it then?

"We decided right from the first day that if in future Sara finds it difficult to look after the pug, I will take his charge but now due to this black out and Rubi (Ali's serial) too shutting down, we had to look for an appropriate option," answers Ali convincingly.

How ever he agrees with the fact that Sara has got very attached to Saggi and she will surely miss him.

"Sara will miss him but she only took this decision as she feels that it was very unfair on Saggi that he was getting deprived of the love which he needed," informs Ali.

The duo plans to sell the dog for a price but Ali says that if he gets some one who has many dogs and "assures that Saggi will be properly cared then I might not charge any thing as his proper care is my biggest concern."

https://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2008/December/News_20081212_76

• Vandana Shukla, Hill Road Media
  • Friday, December 12, 2008

• https://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1089705

Edited by pinkykhan - 15 years ago
    --Pinky-- thumbnail

Bidaai returns with highest TRPs

After a month long black out on television, the serials are back on air. And it looks like Bidaai has one round one after scoring the highest TRPs. And what's most interesting is that the new TRP (8) are higher than the ones the show enjoyed even before the black out.

Angad Hasija who plays Alek in Bidaai is ecstatic with the turn of events. "We all are very happy about this as we have got the fruit of all our hard work and effort. Ever since Bidaai has turned into a one-hour show, the pressure has been more on all of us."

Hasija adds that apart from the excellent story line, it is also the hard work and positivity of the entire unit that has paid off.

Rajan Shahi, the producer, says she is quite stunned at the unexpected accomplishment. "It is very encouraging for the team. In fact due to the black out we thought that the audience will get distributed."

So what does he think has worked for them?

"It is the audiences connect to the character …. that is what is the USP of Bidaai. Bidaai is not centric on one thought. Every character has its own identity; they are all interconnected and revolve around each other. Apart from these, hard work and sincerity of the entire team including the production obviously holds prior importance," answers Shahi.

https://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1089812

niveditha thumbnail
    Bidaai returns with highest TRPs

After a month long black out on television, the serials are back on air. And it looks like Bidaai has one round one after scoring the highest TRPs. And what's most interesting is that the new TRP (8) are higher than the ones the show enjoyed even before the black out.

Angad Hasija who plays Alek in Bidaai is ecstatic with the turn of events. "We all are very happy about this as we have got the fruit of all our hard work and effort. Ever since Bidaai has turned into a one-hour show, the pressure has been more on all of us."
    Hasija adds that apart from the excellent story line, it is also the hard work and positivity of the entire unit that has paid off.

Rajan Shahi, the producer, says she is quite stunned at the unexpected accomplishment. "It is very encouraging for the team. In fact due to the black out we thought that the audience will get distributed."

So what does he think has worked for them?

"It is the audiences connect to the character …. that is what is the USP of Bidaai. Bidaai is not centric on one thought. Every character has its own identity; they are all interconnected and revolve around each other. Apart from these, hard work and sincerity of the entire team including the production obviously holds prior importance," answers Shahi.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2008/December/News_20081212_81

niveditha thumbnail

Parul attends her rakhi brother's wedding

Parul Chauhan attended the wedding of Vivek Jain, the Supervising Producer of Bidaai in Bhopal...

TB - Parul attends her rakhi brother's wedding

niveditha thumbnail
    Parul makes time for her rakhi bro's wedding

Parul Chauhan popularly known as Ragini of Bidaai took special time out for her Rakhi brother and supervising producer Vivek Jain's wedding in Bhopal. Parul tells us about the wedding celebrations and how she was mobbed by her fans over there.

"I wanted to attend this wedding, because he (Vivek) is like my bhaiyya. When I told my producers, they told me that I would get a day of to fly to Bhopal where the wedding was going to take place. I had to shoot day and night to be allowed to go to Bhopal for the wedding. I shot from 7 am to 5 pm and then 8pm to 3 in the morning!" explains an excited Parul.
    Parul had a blast at the wedding. "The wedding was too good! Maine aisa fatte dance kiya hai! In the morning we had to attend the other functions, his family is very nice and they welcomed all of us warmly. It was a completely traditional wedding with the baaraat and everything. I wore a lehenga in the evening and danced like a mad person with everyone. It was so much fun. Also everyone recognized me and kept asking me to confirm if I was Ragini. Then they took my autographs and pictures and I was smiling forcefully in all the snaps which everyone clicked. It was hectic too as I had to rush back to Mumbai in a day but it was all worth it!"

Vivek married his long term girlfriend last week. Vivek's Bidaai teammates Aloknath, Parul Chauhan and producer Rajan Shahi attended the wedding. Sara Khan wanted to attend the wedding since she is from Bhopal too, but could not make it due to certain personal reasons.

https://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2008/December/News_20081213_88

Parul makes time 4 rakhi bro's wedding - Article

214926 thumbnail
    'Bidaai' director's birthday bash

A surprise birthday party was hosted for 'Bidaai' director Rajan Shahi by the cast and crew of the show. Rajan was welcomed in style by the leading cast of his show - Sara Khan, Parul Chauhan, Angad Hansija and Kinshuk Mahajan. Actor Alok Nath and Seema Kapoor also joined Rajan as he cut the birthday cake with his 'Bidaai' family.

The 'Bidaai' team hit the dance floor and grooved to the DJ's tunes till the wee hours of the morning.

http://www.bollywoodblog.com/category/TV/Sara-Parul-Kinshuk-and-Angad-at-their-Bidaai-directors-birthday-bash-Mumbai/