Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 15 years ago
Ali Merchant: No Marriage Now

The latest buzz in tellyland suggests that lovers Ali Merchant and Sara Khan are keen to tie knot. Recently in fact we also heard that the two had infact got married secretly in Goa. But actor Ali Merchant says that while the two of them are very much together, they haven't got married yet.

"This is not at all true' We did go to Goa with a couple of friends but just for a holiday, we didn't get married!" says Ali refuting the rumours. Ali says with the television strike on, the duo decided to spend some time with each other and so they headed to Goa.

"Sara wanted to show her home town Bhopal to me as I always kept telling her that her native town is like a village so we went to Bhopal first. Then we came back from there and I went to Goa with a couple of my friends which included Jay and Jatin. Sara too wanted to come over as she was very keen to see the beaches of Goa so later on she dropped in with some of her friends," explains Ali.

So when are they planning to get married?

"I am just 23!" exclaims Merchant, "Marriage might happen after 2-3 years. We haven't even thought about it as of now' but one thing I can assure you is that when ever it happens, it will happen in a very grand way!".

The couple first met each other at a Sansui Award Function where Ali fell for Sara almost immediately. Very soon they discovered that they were in love with each other and luckily their families too approved their relationship.

Presently the duo is busy with their respective commitments. While Sara is shooting for her daily Bidaai, Ali has just wrapped up his daily soap Rubii. They will be soon seen as guest host on the dance reality Nach Baliye.

https://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2008/December/News_20081205_33

https://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1085802

Edited by pinkykhan - 15 years ago
niveditha thumbnail

Parul seeks Sara's help for her new avtaar...

Parul Chauhan is gearing up for her new avtaar in Bidaai, and her close friend and co star Sara gets to be her tutor...

https://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1085875

214926 thumbnail
Sara-Ali replace Sanjeeda-Aamir

After the prolonged TV strike which finally ended last week, the new episode of 'Nach Baliye 4' was shot yesterday and we were amazed to see Sara Khan of 'Bidaai' fame make an entry with her beau Ali Merchant on the sets. After delivering a romantic performance, Sara and Ali spilled the beans by expressing that they are not the 'surprise jodi' on the show, but the two will be playing the new hosts of 'Nach Baliye 4'.

Channel sources revealed that Aamir and Sanjeeda, who were earlier hosting this season's 'Nach Baliye' show, were replaced by Ali and Sara with the attempt to bring back the missing zest on the show. While Ali was quite smooth and comfortable wearing the host's hat, it was Sara who had a tough time on the sets as she was known to request multiple retakes while anchoring the show, which ended up upsetting the show judges.

Based on sources on the sets, various contestants were not impressed about Aamir-Sanjeeda's exit from the show, but they had no choice but to welcome 'Bidaai' girl Sara and her 'Baliye' Ali to 'Nach Baliye 4'.

link: http://www.bollywoodblog.com/category/TV/Nach-Baliye-4-hosts-swap--Sara-Khan-and-Ali-Merchant-step-into-Sanjeeda-Sheikh-and-Aamir-Alis-shoes/
--Pinky-- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Wazzzup' with Preeti Puri?
by Vidhya Krishnan
Dec 05, 2008, Bangalore

Every person has their good days, their bad days and their nothing-special days. Tellywatch.com talks to TV stars just to check in with what's going on with them for our column 'What's up?', Preeti Puri spoke to us about what's happening with her lately.

My week was...
Quite okay…work was pretty hectic. I was very scared and stressed because of the terrorist attack.

My weekend will be…
Nothing really great but my birthday is this weekend. We are having a puja for that. And I will spend some time with family and go out partying in the night with friends. I am a night person.

My favorite television serial…
'Bidaai' and 'Balika Vadhu'.

If I were to go on a date with a TV star, it would be…
None! But I would like to meet and know more about this small girl of 'Balika Vadhu'. Being so young, there are so many messages that she gives to society. I congratulate her and hats off to her for that.

The last book that I read was...
'You Can Win' was the last book that I read. But I am not that much of a reader and don't like reading.

The kind of music I listen to…
Slow Indian numbers.

One thing I want to change about myself...
I am a little shy and want to change that.

Last movie I watched…
'Fashion' – it was a nice watch.

In my spare time…
I spend one week with my family and one week with my friends. I also like shopping and watching movies.

Last time I went shopping...
I bought a kurta for my dad last week.

Last time I yelled at someone…
I can't remember.

Last time I cried...
One of my friends who is pregnant was caught in the terrorist attack. However, she is safe now. But when she came back and narrated the whole situation, I was in tears.

Thanks Preeti for taking the time to share your thoughts. Keep tuning

214926 thumbnail

Nach Baliye 4' Hosts swap

After the prolonged TV strike which finally ended last week, the new episode of 'Nach Baliye 4' was shot yesterday and we were amazed to see Sara Khan of 'Bidaai' fame make an entry with her beau Ali Merchant on the sets. After delivering a romantic performance, Sara and Ali spilled the beans by expressing that they are not the 'surprise jodi' on the show, but the two will be playing the new hosts of 'Nach Baliye 4'.

Channel sources revealed that Aamir and Sanjeeda, who were earlier hosting this season's 'Nach Baliye' show, were replaced by Ali and Sara with the attempt to bring back the missing zest on the show. While Ali was quite smooth and comfortable wearing the host's hat, it was Sara who had a tough time on the sets as she was known to request multiple retakes while anchoring the show, which ended up upsetting the show judges.

Based on sources on the sets, various contestants were not impressed about Aamir-Sanjeeda's exit from the show, but they had no choice but to welcome 'Bidaai' girl Sara and her 'Baliye' Ali to 'Nach Baliye 4'.

http://www.bollywoodblog.com/category/TV/Nach-Baliye-4-hosts-swap--Sara-Khan-and-Ali-Merchant-step-into-Sanjeeda-Sheikh-and-Aamir-Alis-shoes/

niveditha thumbnail

:) :) :) :) :)

https://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1087625

ANJANA thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Rajan's birthday party!
4 Dec 2008, 0000 hrs IST, TNN
Print Email Discuss Share Save Comment Text:
The surprise birthday party for Rajan Shahi was, well, quite a BIG surprise for him!
Angad Hasija and Kinshuk Mahajan (TOI photo) More Pics

Yes, the much-loved telly producer-director could not get over his joy as the cast and crew of his shows threw a small get-together for him on Tuesday. His mother Deepa Shahi's presence at the venue made it even more special for him. Seen having a great time were Sara Khan, Parul Chauhan, Kinshuk Mahajan and Angad Hasija and the four stuck to each other through the evening.

As the clock struck twelve, a chocolate cake was brought out, and after Rajan did the honours, it was full masti time as Alok Nath and Seema Kapoor took over the mike, shouting, 'We love you Rajan!' Later, guests took to the dance floor too. Avinash Wadhavan was seen dancing with his wife Natasha, as Ashita Dhawan and Deepraaz and Natasha Rana joined in. Maaninee Misra, who had come with hubby Mihir was heard talking about the film offers she has received, while Kinshuk Mahajan excitedly spoke about his new house.

Others present at the do were Lataa Sabharwal, Vishal Singh, Romit Raj, Sanjiv Seth, Kshiti Jog, Yatin Karyekar, Elizzea and Smriti Mohan.
Edited by ANJANA - 15 years ago
ANJANA thumbnail

Back, but no TRP bang
Print Email Discuss Share Save Comment Text:

During the prolonged TV workers' strike, the TRP ratings of general entertainment channels (GECs) had been hit badly.
A still from Jaane Kya Baat Hui (TOI photo)

At that point, viewers were left with no other choice but to watch reruns. With this, channels witnessed an average drop by 35-55 per cent in primetime TRPs. After the strike was called off, the ratings increased gradually, but this time the launch of new shows has contributed more to the TRPs than new episodes of existing shows.

The launch of the new show, Uttaran, on Colors on December 1 garnered a TRP of 2.7 on the very day. This show was followed by another new programme, Jaane Kya Baat Hui, which scored 1.44 on that day. On the other hand, popular shows like Balika Vadhu and Bidaai, which were ruling the charts for a long time, failed to score as much.

"I'd lost track of what was going on and it was tough to recall the plot from the point it was taken off air. I felt that I could get back to Balika... anytime and it would therefore be better to tune into new shows, such as Uttaran and Jaane Kya Baat Hui, from episode one," says Lata B, a regular viewer of Balika Vadhu. Just like Lata, Manisha Jain says that she's happy to have lost track of present shows, but has no plans to get hooked on any new ones. "It was high time viewers got a break from these daily soaps and thanks to the strike, it was possible. I was addicted to them, but now that I've lost track I prefer not watching them," says Manisha.

And some, like Madhu and Geetika, say that they are finding it difficult to divide time between these shows. "I was missing the daily soaps badly when the strike had just begun. But over the weeks, I got used to a routine without them. Now, I'm finding it hard to make time for them. But, I still somehow manage to tune into Balika... because I've been a regular viewer since it started," says Madhu.

Another keenly-watched new show on December 1 was Aap Ki Kachehri on Star Plus. Hosted by Kiran Bedi, it had a TRP of 2.35. And it seems like it's really impressed the audience. "Rather than daily soaps, I think channels should focus on reality shows and shows like Aap Ki Kachehri ' no actors, no scripts and no dialogues; it's live," says Rajani Tonk.

The TRPs of GECs have also suffered due to the updates of terror attacks on news channels. An analysis conducted between November 26 and December 3 revealed that the top GECs were almost at the same level. The graph showed that Star Plus was at 11.5, Colors at 16.3 and Zee TV at 10.3, whereas Sony had just 6.7. "Daily soaps and reality shows will be aired every day. But when something big like this has happened in our country, what would you watch?" asks Naresh B. Adds Shubha GP, "I watch daily soaps regularly and was eagerly waiting for them to return. But after the terror attacks, I am more interested in knowing the political turmoil and other aftermaths."

Article: Back, but no TRP bang

--Pinky-- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Did you know that Sara Khan was crowned Miss Bhopal?

Before turning actress Sara Khan participated in a beauty contest and went on to win the coveted title of Ms. Bhopal 2007. The actress says, "I was pushed by my maternal grandfather to participate in the contest and he was very confident that I would win. He was very proud of me when I bagged the title."

https://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1088668

ANJANA thumbnail
Naveen and Priyanka tie the knot

The wedding season seems to be in full swing what with television stars all heading up the altar. The latest couple to have tied the knot is Naveen Saini aka Vineet of Babul Ka Sapna Bidaai and his long time girlfriend and fellow actress Priyanka Srivastav.

"Actually it is quite an interesting story about how we met each other. Her sister who is also an actress and I were working together on a show. I met her and used to flirt with her but she never used to give me bhav. But soon we became good friends and Priyanka was my support when I was going through a terrible break up. Slowly I came to realize that this is the girl which I wanted to get married and she will be able to manage my family also. I proposed her and she immediately said yes," says the happy groom.

Naveen says that he wanted to get married for quite awhile now. But says that there were lots of reasons for the delay.

"The real problem was that I was not settling in my career wise. And then I had responsibility of my sister also so we waited for her marriage. My parents were fine with our relationship but she was not ready to tell everything to her family. She was quite scared so her sister spoke to her family and they knew me very well as I was her good friend. They liked my nature. It took two years to convince her parents - not because they were not ready but because she was not ready to tell them."

"So that is how we decided to get married after 6 years of being together. Since Delhi is my hometown and most of my relatives stay there we went to Delhi to get married. It was a typical north Indian wedding. I came on a ghodi and we performed all rituals properly," adds Sahni.

Naveen says that while the marriage took place on a grand scale, the honeymoon will have to wait.

"Bidaai's schedule is quite tight at the moment so had to get back quickly. Though we did go to Vaishnav Devi and then to Punjab for a few days. We have this ritual that after marriage humhe matha takene jana padta hai. However we will go for our honeymoon in the New Year. I have two three places in mind like China, Malaysia or Goa.. Let's see," says Naveen.

Priyanka, who was last seen in Grihasthi, has not taken up any show for time being and is enjoy being a housewife.

We wish the couple a happy married life.
https://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2008/December/News_20081211_72

https://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1089051