Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ANJANA thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
After the ending of all the assorted strikes in the TV industry, you will finally get to watch your serials from next week.

No new episodes will be ready for screening this week, though work on all serials has begun in earnest across Mumbai.

"We have agreed to the workers' demand of having one-on-one contracts," said producer Dheeraj Kumar, who was negotiating with the unions, "this means that a worker will have a contract directly with the production house.

The producers also agreed to hike salaries by between 10 and 15 per cent of current salaries. "This is how today we have begun shooting for all the shows," he said, "however telecast of fresh episodes will be possible only next week onwards."

He said that negotiating concluded with compromises all around.

"The issue was finally sorted after we had asked various worker unions to have a word with their striking members," he said, "we wanted to start shoots as soon as we could and we had gone two weeks without any shoots at all. We had to face a loss and each production house lost at least Rs 50 lakh for each week of the strike."

The channels, he speculated, lost at least Rs 30 crore each or more. Now that the chaos appears to have ended, viewers have only one more week of reruns to go.

The blackout of fresh episodes began on November 9 and was expected to end in a week. However the strike prolonged in the face of a hardening of position by the unions and their members which led to the producers finally agreeing to hike wages.
https://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2008/November/News_20081124_131

https://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1080789

Edited by pinkykhan - 15 years ago
ANJANA thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Shoots start for TV shows

Indiantelevision.com Team

(24 November 2008 3:10 pm)

MUMBAI: Shoots of TV shows have started, paving the way for fresh episodes on Hindi general entertainment channels.

Broadcasters confirmed today to Indiantelevision.com that they have given the green signal to their content producers for fresh shoots. They will be meeting soon to decide on the date when they will start airing fresh content on their channels.

According to information available with Indiantelevision.com, at least 30 producers have gone ahead with their shoots, after signing individual contracts with their workers.

"All our shoots are on from today. We have come to an agreement with the workers and are paying higher than the MoU signed on 19 November as several crafts' unions were not satisfied with that," says Creative Eye founder-promoter Dheeraj Kumar.

Some of the producers, however, have yet to settle wage terms with their workers.

For Star India, Balaji Telefilms, Rajan Shahi's Director's Kut (producer of Bidaai) and BAG Films and Media (Kumkum) have started their shoots.

Says Sony business head Albert Almeida, "Shoots of all our shows are on from today. We will monitor how the shooting proceeds during the day and the broadcasters will then unitedly take a call on when to start fresh programming."

Sphere Origins, which produces popular shows like Balika Vadhu, Saat Phere and Mohe Rang De, has also resumed work. "Shoots are on for all our shows. We are offering a hike to the workers," says Sphere Origins promoter Sanjay Wadhwa.

Among others, Play Time Creations' Mere Jeevan Saathi and Teen Bahuraniyaan are also on floors. Says Hemal Thakkar, "We are shooting for all our shows."

niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Angad Hansija runs a marathon of sorts..

Angad Hansija was recently mobbed by autograph seekers at the Golden Temple in Amritsar, which literally made him flee ...

https://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1080799

214926 thumbnail

Back to the Grind at last, is it?

The latest from the Hindi Television industry is that the production houses have had a talk with their ...

https://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1080700

--Pinky-- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
--Pinky-- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

TV stars on their fashion faux pas
by Vidhya Krishnan
Nov 20, 2008, Bangalore

Oops… it is really embarrassing to experience a fashion faux pas especially if you are a celebrity. We caught up with a few of our TV stars to find out about such experiences and how they handled it. Get the inside scoop in this Tellywatch exclusive.

Amit Tandon – I mostly don't freak people out with the way I dress. But on one of the episodes of 'Zara Nachke Dikha', I had to drape a saree and perform like Sridevi in Mr. India. I guess it was quite hilarious.

Tina Parikh – Never! I am very careful about what I wear. The industry that we are in does not forgive a faux pas easily.

Diana Hayden – I have been through that a lot of times. I'm talking about whenever I wear sarees; I just cannot handle sarees the right way and for some reason, they keep falling off. It feels really weird but by now I am kind of used to it.

Vaishali Nazreth –Yes, it happened to me once when I attended a friend's birthday party. It was a theme party where everyone had to dress themselves in yellow and black. I was dressed in a tiger print dress which looked awful. I carried myself with the right attitude, but inside, I was feeling really embarrassed.

Sanjay Swaraj – I'm conscious always.

Sara Khan –
It was the first party of 'Bidaai' and we were told about it. But Parul and I had forgotten about the party and had dressed very casually for the occasion. I was dressed in a black and yellow pajama kurta. It was only after seeing everybody did we realise that there was a party. For some time, Parul and I were teased by the others

niveditha thumbnail
niveditha thumbnail
Lead actors of Bidaai have a masti time!

by Tellywatch News Desk

Nov 24, 2008, Mumbai

The lead actors of Rajan Shahi's Sapna Babul Ka Bidaai - Sara Khan, Parul Chauhan, Kinshuk Mahajan, Angad Hasija... had fun as the kids of St. Rocks School congratulated them on the success of Bidaai show...

Angad Hasija pleased to sign an autograph for a kid at the function...

All posing big time...

Psst.psst...Sara Khan is telling a secret...

Kinshuk is all happy to talk to a lil' boy...

All hand shakes...

Now another boy...

Oh! Another one...

It is a girl now...

Oh no...a boy again...

And it continues from there...

And goes on and on...

Kinshuk is glad that there is an adult finally...

The leads proudly talk about the success of their show...

Now it is Kinshuk's turn...

"Where is Angad?" wonders the other three...

Now where has Kinshuk disappeared?

Never mind! All happy with boquets of love showered on the girls...

Parul is smiling big time...

The stage looks peaceful finally....

The leads settle finally and look quite relieved after all the standing...

https://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1081079

The leads shower kind words to a physically challenged kid...

niveditha thumbnail

Sara Khan on her 'favourites'
by Vidhya Krishnan
Nov 25, 2008, Bangalore

Every person has very strong likes and dislikes and it is no different for TV stars. For our new column, 'Favourites', we caught up with the 'Bidaai' protagonist, Sara Khan, to get her views on the people and stuff that she finds interesting.

Favourite actor in Bollywood
Shahid Kapoor

Favourite actors in the TV world
My boyfriend, Ali Merchant, and my co-star, Parul Chauhan.

Your favourite sport is'
Badminton

What about a favourite subject?
Science

My fave restaurant would be...
I can't remember the name but it is in Bhopal.

Favourite food....
Indian food'dal chaawal.

Favourite TV show
'Sapna Babul Ka Bidaai'

My all-time favourite movie....
'Vivaah'

My favourite colour is'
Fluorescent

Favourite outfit...
Casuals'jeans and top.

Favourite place
Goa

Favourite comedian
Raja

Favourite song
'Kasam Ki Kasam'' from 'Main Prem Ki Diwaani Hoon'.

Favourite singer'
Sonu Niigaam

Favourite dancer...
Madhuri Dixit

Favourite dance form...
Salsa

Favourite music
Slow romantic numbers'

Keep checking back our site for more interesting treats from your favourite TV celebrities.

https://www.tellywatch.com/telly_columns/sara_khan_sadhana/november-25-2008/sara_khan_sadhana_bidaai_favourites_column.html

https://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1081208

niveditha thumbnail
Showbiz 24 x 7

Here's your chance to catch up on all that has been happening in the world of glitz and glamour!

Bidaai lead star Kinshuk Mahajan spent his time off enjoying with his sister Kritika who was recently down from Delhi to spend time with her elder bhai.

https://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2008/November/News_20081125_139

Pic Credit: Azhar Khan and Sujit Jaiswal, Hill Road Media

https://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1081221