Views

Users

Frequent Posters

--Pinky-- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 15 years ago

Sara-n-Ali head for vacation

'Bidaai' girl Sara Khan and beau Ali Merchant in Bhopal
The prolonged TV strike has come as a blessing in disguise for actress Sadhana AKA Sara Khan, who finally managed to find time to visit her family back home in Bhopal. Sara decided to head to Bhopal along with her beau Ali Merchant, who took this opportunity to meet Sara's family and spend time with them.

Based on insiders, Ali is trying his best to bond with Sara's family as he is planning a family picnics for the kids and a shopping spree for the ladies of the house. Ali shared from Bhopal, "When we were out boating we were mobbed by fans and had to call for security personnel. It is fun being with Sara and her family in Bhopal."

So while 'Bidaai' fans continue to see re-runs on the tube, Sara is away in Bhopal fulfilling her 'Babul Ka Sapna' of spending quality time with his star daughter before her 'Bidaai' to Mumbai.

https://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1076823

ANJANA thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Kahani ghar ghar ki...
Megha Shenoy
Due to the ongoing strike, viewers have been deprived of their daily soaps and are looking for other sources to entertain themselves

All those people who love their daily soaps are now bracing themselves with re-runs and stale episodes on their popular entertainment channels. If you haven't caught on to the reason for the re-runs, then take a closer look at the ticker at the bottom of the screen; which states that the Federation of Western Cine Employees (FWICE) has gone on a strike demanding higher wages and better work conditions from the channels.

The move is not only causing panic among advertisers but to all those viewers who are literally addicted to some of the shows. 'Once I come back from work, I dedicate about an hour-and-a-half to some of my favourite serials. And everyday I look forward to seeing what happens next,' says Swaroop Rani Mediah, an avid fan of Betiyaan on Star TV. 'But now if the strike continues for a longer time, I may just lose interest in them and probably look for other alternatives,' she adds.

And alternatives it is. While some have begun to bring in movies to keep their 'prime time' still entertained, others are slowly getting hooked on to regional serials. 'I have definitely started watching a lot of news channels for the past few days,' says Suparna, who does not mind a regular dose of family drama on TV but will definitely not waste a minute to watch the re-runs.

How long the strike will be on, nobody knows. 'The FWICE has not intimidated us on when the strike will be off,' says Rajan Shahi, producer of Bidai, while adding that most of the producers were requested by the FWICE not to speculate about the strike to anyone. 'Temporarily, we are losing business as there is no shooting going on but we have to see the bigger picture and hope for something good to come out of the strike,'
Edited by ANJANA - 15 years ago
niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Cold vibes on the sets of Bidaai

The show Bidaai is again in the news, but this time the issue is different...

https://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1077301

Edited by pinkykhan - 15 years ago
214926 thumbnail
Sara-n-Ali head for vacation
Filed under: TV News
Tags: Sara Khan | ?Bidaai? | Ali Merchant
Posted: Nov 13 2008 by Ruhi Tandon (470 views)
photos 1 - 1 of 1
?Bidaai? girl Sara Khan and beau Ali Merchant in Bhopal

The prolonged TV strike has come as a blessing in disguise for actress Sadhana AKA Sara Khan, who finally managed to find time to visit her family back home in Bhopal. Sara decided to head to Bhopal along with her beau Ali Merchant, who took this opportunity to meet Sara's family and spend time with them.

Based on insiders, Ali is trying his best to bond with Sara's family as he is planning a family picnics for the kids and a shopping spree for the ladies of the house. Ali shared from Bhopal, ?When we were out boating we were mobbed by fans and had to call for security personnel. It is fun being with Sara and her family in Bhopal.?

So while 'Bidaai' fans continue to see re-runs on the tube, Sara is away in Bhopal fulfilling her ?Babul Ka Sapna? of spending quality time with his star daughter before her ?Bidaai? to Mumbai.

link: http://www.bollywoodblog.com/category/TV/Bidaai-girl-Sara-Khan-and-beau-Ali-Merchant-in-Bhopal/
Edited by minal45 - 15 years ago
--Pinky-- thumbnail

TV soaps might be back soon!

Viewers may get to see their favourite soaps instead of reruns as producers call for truce
By IANS . Nov 12, 2008

TV viewers missing their favourite programmes - which are off air following a dispute between producers and cine workers - may soon get to see the next episodes of the popular soap operas.

Although there was no solution as yet to the stalemate between the two sides, a major shift in the producers' approach to the problems festering in the TV industry became apparent Tuesday evening.

The producers apparently dropped their confrontationist attitude towards the broadcasters as well as the cine workers' apex body, the Federation of Western India Cine Employees (FWICE).

They are now willing to sit with all stakeholders to break the deadlock that has led to a standstill in the production of the TV software, forcing the entertainment channels to rerun old programmes since Monday.

Addressing the media here Tuesday evening, filmmaker Mukesh Bhatt, chairperson of the producers' core committee, discounted the theory that the crisis in the TV industry had surfaced only over the cine workers' wages.

"The problem actually lies in the fact that while the TV industry has grown to be a big industry over the last one decade, its system of functioning has failed to keep pace with the changing times," Bhatt said.

He stressed that the current crisis could be overcome only if all stakeholders sat together to find out ways and means to overhaul the system, keeping the interests of all in mind.

"What seems to be happening now is that the producers have become sandwiched between nonconformist attitudes of cine workers on the one hand and the broadcasters on the other," Bhatt pointed out.

He added that the present crisis came about because these two stakeholders have also become the victims of the existing system in the industry.

"The need of the hour is to draw a fresh set of guidelines for the smooth functioning of the industry. Equally important is that we must all come forward with a positive mind to herald a change," Bhatt emphasised.

Both the producers and the FWICE have set up a core committee each to deal with the crisis but they have not yet formally interacted so far.

Earlier, adopting an aggressive stance, FWICE president Dharmesh Tiwari said that his organisation had "nothing to talk with the TV producers unless they agreed to meet its known set of demands".

The broadcasters, preferring a neutral stand, told the media Monday that they would rather not get involved in the problems between cine workers and programme producers.

SOurce-IANS

https://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1077479

niveditha thumbnail
Bidaai: Avinash and Seema in cold war

Cold war has broken out on the sets of Bidaai with two of its main characters not talking to each other.

Avinash Wadhwa and Seema Kapoor, who play husband and wife in the show, spend the entire day together but do not exchange a word, observers on the sets said.
There appeared to have been ego problems between them and there were a couple of versions for why the two were sulking with each other.

Avinash, who is relaxing at home given the ongoing strike in the industry, acknowledged the problem but refused to reveal its cause. "It just happened," he said, "we had no fight or anything like that, but we do not talk to each other at all."

Asked why this was the case he said: "There's nothing worth telling." Strangely, through this cold war, the couple has been working in normal fashion. "We meet on the sets and give our shots; we are professionals," Avinash said, "but we do not exchange even a smile let alone casual conversation with each other or sharing a Hi and a Bye." He said he couldn't remember when it was that this happened. "I think
it was a bad day for her and also for me, and that's how we didn't converse one day and then a second day and so on."

Asked how long this state of affairs would continue, he said he wouldn't change it on his own: "I will not go forward and make the effort to talk to her."

For her part, Seema said there was nothing to the story. "We are professional actors and have had no fight or argument." Asked why she wasn't speaking to Avinash she said: "We do talk to each other on the sets and our relationship is quite cordial."

She plays mother-in-law to Sadhna (Sara Khan) on the show.

Source close to Avinash speculated on the reasons for the cold war. "They've been avoiding each other and Seema is an intensely private person and seen as moody."

She saw no reason to befriend everyone, he said, and this might have led Avinash to think she had an ego, leading to the problem.

Bidaai is the first show the two are doing together.

https://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2008/November/News_20081117_86

https://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1078045

niveditha thumbnail
Blackout continues on telly

Eager to get back to your serials?

Hold that thought. And start praying that the strike in the television industry ends this week. There is chance that it well may not.
No serials are being shot till the strike is resolved and all channels are showing reruns even at prime time.

Executives at Star and Sony said they were hoping the strike would end sometime this week which would enable them to start canning new episodes even if that meant working over the weekend.

"This week also we will be showing reruns and we do not have any fresh episodes at hand," a source said, "Reality shows are also on hold. We shoot episodes for the weekend early on in the week but that seems unlikely to happen this week."

Channels have not been given any episodes because of a dispute between production houses - who make the serials - and their junior employees, who are seeking a raise.

Abdul Karim, executive producer of Sphere's Origin said: "The issue remains unresolved despite our meetings with the workers' unions and channels. We weren't able to come to a compromise."

Asked if he thought matters might be resolved this week, he said: "Hopefully things should be sorted out in a day or two. We've scheduled another meeting and think we should come to a decision then."

Meanwhile actors who after working 6-hour weeks have suddenly been confronted with no work at all, are taking it easy, but also getting tired of doing nothing.

Parul Chauhan, who plays Ragini in Bidaai said: "I spent last week in bed with a fever. This week I've recovered and want to go back to work. I'm really missing it and the minute the strike ends, I'll be ready to shoot."

But should the strike not end, Ragini has a plan ready. "I will learn driving, which should take me 10 days I guess," she said.

https://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2008/November/News_20081117_87

https://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1078084

ANJANA thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Friday talks may resolve crisis of TV serials
It seems tele-serial viewers will have to wait a while for their favourite soap operas to resume as the next round of talks between programme producers and the striking cine workers is slated for Friday.

Federation of Western India Cine Employees (FWICE) general secretary Dinesh Chaturvedi told IANS Monday that the next talks are scheduled for Friday.

Friday is also the deadline the broadcasters, under pressure from the advertisers, have served to the producers to settle their dispute with the cine workers.

Keen to resolve the crisis, some producers conducted a series of informal meetings with FWICE office-bearers and other stakeholders the whole of last week.

The attempt was to make the FWICE aware of the serious problems the producers and broadcasters are facing because of the cancellation of shootings of the tele-serials.

'We listened to them, but we have asked them to put their suggestions in writing before we make any final commitment,' Dinesh Chaturvedi of the FWICE said.

He said a core committee of producers, headed by filmmaker Mukesh Bhatt, had offered to give a meagre wage hike to the non-contractual cine workers but declined to meet their demands in toto.

'They have promised to revert to us for official negotiations over the issue by Friday. I don't see any other way out for them,' Chaturvedi pointed out.

He blamed the producers for giving in to the pressure exerted on them by the broadcasters to suspend the shootings of their shows.

'By doing so, they only exacerbated the problem. Apparently, it was meant to browbeat the cine workers into submission. Now that they are feeling the pinch as the cine workers have stood their ground, suddenly their approach to the problem has changed,' Chaturvedi added.

The producers' core committee is now desperately seeking an honourable escape route, he said.

Producer Ratan Jain, president of the Association of Motion Picture and Television Programme Producers (AMPTPP) and a key member of the core committee, said that without further delay all the three stakeholders - the broadcasters, producers and cine workers - should approach the issue with a positive mindframe in order to find out a long-term solution.

'First, the FWICE must realise that the economics of the film and television industries are not the same. When it drew up its bye-laws, those were framed keeping only the film industry in mind. So, it should not apply the same to the television industry strictly,' Jain said.

Secondly, he said, the broadcasters on their part also must try to understand the constraints of the producers.

Thirdly, he said, in view of the current economic slowdown, it has become imperative for the producers to cut production costs to relieve the channels of their financial burden in these trying times.

'In sum, it is only if all these three stakeholders try to understand each other's problems with a give-and-take attitude can a solution to the stalemate be found before it is too late,' Jain said.

Edited by ANJANA - 15 years ago
--Pinky-- thumbnail

Day 8: No progress in sight

Indiantelevision.com Team

(17 November 2008 10:00 pm)

MUMBAI: The Hindi general entertainment channels (GEC) are facing the heat of the on-going dispute between the Federation of Western India Cine Employees (FWICE) and TV producers union.

In its eight day, none of the three parties had blinked, refusing to budge from their stances. However, it is to be seen how long will each of them hold out.

Since 10 November, nine GECs have blanked out fresh shows, following a joint stand taken by them.

When contacted a producer said, "No we have had no meetings either with broadcasters or workers." The producers, however, had a marathon meeting this evening.

FWICE general secretary Dinesh Chaturvedi said: "We only want revised wages for our workers."

When asked about how long viewers may have to go through this ordeal, Chaturvedi added: "I believe this situation may stretch up 20-21 November."

Meanwhile, there were rumours in the industry this morning that the strike had been called off and that the producers had managed to convince the FWICE to increase wages by 10-12 per cent as against their demand of 15 per cent. Additionally, senior officials from Sony Entertainment Television were also of the opinion that the strike is likely to be called off soon - in fact within "a couple of days."

When an indiantelevision.com correspondent went to meet the FWICE officials in the afternoon, the office was packed with workers who were discussing wages for the various crafts with the union leaders.

However, Chaturvedi rejected the rumours saying that no resolution seems to be in sight and that they would stand firm and united on their demands. "No strike settlement can be reached without me knowing the details," he said.

niveditha thumbnail
TV stars in timepass trauma

With the television industry's strike dragging on its second week, actors have been sitting at home with nothing to do. Most of them have very hectic work lives, with long shifts and rarely getting a day off. So what have they been doing for the last 10 days with no work? We spoke to a few.

Paul Chauhan (Ragini in Bidaai): I was unwell and laid up in bed with an illness last week. This week, I'm bored! I've been used to shooting through the day and I miss my shoots terribly.
Avika Gor (Anandi of Balika Vadhu): I attended school regularly last week. My time off was spent studying and playing with friends. If the strike doesn't end this week, I'll get to do a little more of that. But I hope it does end soon. I'm missing my co-actors and the masti we do on sets.

Shaleen Bhanot (Nach Baliye and Sangam in Grihasthi): I've been doing rehearsals for Nach Baliye. We have been rehearsing for six hours every day. I also got the chance to spent quality time with (girlfriend) Daljit. We celebrated our common birthday last Saturday with our friends. But I want this thing to end and get back to real work!

Avinash Wadhawa (Vashu Rajvansh of Bidaai): I went out of town last week. Now I'm spending time in gym, watching movies which I never would have seen, and also hanging out with friends. My wife is saying she is sick of watching me at home every day. I am also bored of doing nothing, so I wish this strike ends soon. If it doesn't end this week, I'm leaving town again.

Seema Kapoor (Vasundhara Rajvansh of Bidaai): I did pending household work last week, cleaning and all that sort of thing. I also went shopping, finished reading a few books, watched movies. Basically, chilling out. Now I'm missing my shoot and want to get back to work: we've become habituated to working day and night!

It seems, just like the audience, telly stars are bored of sitting at home with no work and no shows to watch - except Bigg Boss.

https://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2008/November/News_20081118_90

https://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1078430