Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

--Pinky-- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 16 years ago

Casting Couch –

Does it exist or doesn't it? Is it a fabrication of imagination or are there truly predators waiting to lynch on wannabe's who want to make a break into the world of glitz and glamour? The "casting couch" concept in many respects is connotative of the entertainment industry, but may apply to any industry for which entry is highly desirable and competitive.

Ashita Dhawan –

Angad Hasija –

I don't think such a thing exists and people come up with their own talent.

Kinshuk Mahajan –

It exists everywhere, because of the media, the existence in this field is obvious. It differs from person to person and only fools get into it. Nobody can force you and it is out of your will that you end up making a choice.

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/985851

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/986349

--Pinky-- thumbnail

"Cinema got me fame" says the versatile Vibha Chibber
by Vidhya Krishnan
Jul 07, 2008, Bangalore

She played the assistant coach to Shah Rukh Khan in Chak De, which was a blockbuster hit and now is portraying the role of a prejudiced mother Kaushalya in Bidaai. It is none other than Vibha Chibber that we are talking about who has come a long way. In a candid chat with Vidhya Krishnan, Vibha talks about her experience in theater, cinema, direction, upcoming projects and more…

A rewind…
Actually my theatre experience is very vast which I am doing for the past 25 years. I played an assistant coach in Chak De India, which I admit has got me fame.

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/987727

--Pinky-- thumbnail

Love is in the Air for Ranveer - Ragini in Bidaai....
A beautiful love story will kick-off between Ranveer and Ragini in Bidaai which will be flagged by an interesting promo that will be aired on Star Plus from July 8th.. Get an insight on the love track here...

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/987685

--Pinky-- thumbnail
ar78655 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Ragini- Ranvir's love story in Bidaai

Babul Ka Sapna Bidaai will soon have a new twist. Ragini (Parul Chauhan) and Ranvir (Kinshuk Mahajan) will fall in love with each other. Director Rajan Shahi gave us details about it.

Talking about the love story, he says, "We are adding a new element to the current track. So far Sadhna and Aalekh's love story has been liked by everyone. However, Ragini's track has been sidelined and people wanted to see her. So now a beautiful romantic story is beginning soon."

He adds, "For this special moment we decided to shoot some special promos. We will soon launch it and followed by a Sufi qawwali which will be shot in a Dargah. We have created one here in Mumbai where we will shoot the song with Ragini and Ranvir."

Do you think you will face tough competition from Ekta's Mahabharat since your show's timing is clashing with it? "So far audiences of Bidaai have been loyal to this show. Both shows are different to each other. I would have only worried if Ekta's show was a family drama. Let the first week speak for itself. I have not seen show so I cannot judge it."

Last week, Ranvir's engagement with Sonia broke when Sadhna (Sarah Khan) revealed the truth about her. Now Ragini will nurse his broken heart with her love.

Link http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2008/July/N ews_20080708_60

--Pinky-- thumbnail

Chilli saas

A new dance-based reality show will take the saas-bahu war to new heights

If you still haven't had enough of saas-bahu dramas, the dance-based reality show Saas Vs Bahu is tailor-made for you.

The eternal war between saas and bahus on the small screen will not only be limited to daily soaps but has now extended to a new reality show.

The show, Saas Vs Bahu is produced by Siddarth Tewari and Vikas Seth of Amber Dhara and Mata Ki Chowky fame. It will feature all the saas and bahus of popular soaps and will go on air next month on Sahara One Motion Pictures.

Ketaki Dave Jaya Bhattacharya Jayati Bhatia
Reena Kapoor Preethi Puri Rucha Gujarathi
Siddarth Tewari says, "We were in talks with Sahara for a long time for a non-fiction show. We are already doing Mata Ki Chowky with them. That's when we discussed this idea of a reality show titled Saas Vs Bahu as the theme is so popular on Indian television right now.

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/988530

--Pinky-- thumbnail
TellyBuzz

Thumbs Up & Thumbs Down - 30th June - 4th July

the weekly twists and turns in the serials brought about to capture its audience. A thumbs up where the audience likes the track, and a thumbs down where it fails to meet the expectations!!

https://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/article.asp?id=2797

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/988997

--Pinky-- thumbnail
TV STAR TRAIL

Rajan Shahi strikes back…
by Vidhya Krishnan
Jul 10, 2008, Bangalore

Breaking the traditional 'K' domination, Sapna Babul Ka…Bidaai rose out like a phoenix from the ashes and raked up the TRP's, which shocked the 'K' camp. A simple content, fresh faces and a story line, which kept the viewers tuned in night after night, proved to be a success formula for Rajan Shahi and his coterie.

But, the equation took a volte-face when Ekta Kapoor launched her Kahani Hamari Mahabharat Ki. There was a ripple in the industry. Would loyal fan followers of the daily soap choose mythology over the daily saga was a million dollar question?
When we were mulling over our zillion questions, we heard that Star Plus is big time into promoting their highest TRP generator, Sapna Babul Ka…Bidaai. Is it the 'fear factor' which is setting in over the stiff competition between the daily sagas and mythologies or is it merely to add to the constant stable TRP. Curiosity always gets the better of us @ Tellywatch and we caught up with the ace producer himself, Rajan Shahi…

"It is purely coincidental (Yeah sure…Just the way we expected him to say!).

/>The promos are happening in a big way because there is this new element of romance that is pitching in the story line of Bidaai; the love story between Ragni and Ranveer. So it was just the right time to highlight this whole important track, hence we are doing the promos. There was always a short of a romantic element in Bidaai and we thought of coming up with one, which will add to the freshness of the story. Moreover we got feedbacks from people saying that they want to see more of Ragni since she has been missing for quite sometime in the story.

And I am least affected that Mahabharat is in the same time slot as Bidaai. For the past three months we are on the top. So there must be something about our show and we are constantly getting good feedbacks. I haven't even watched one episode of 9x Mahabharat so I would not like to comment on anything. We are not here to compete. I have my convictions and Bidaai, which has crossed 160 episodes, has its own loyal audience and so will Mahabharata.

It is too early to say anything and we have to wait and watch for sometime

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/991218

ar78655 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Sarah is not shy in love

Well our telly actors, who are neck deep in work will give away their right arm to meet their loved ones in complete privacy. The couple in question is Sarah Khan and Ali Merchant . A little birdie from the sets of Bidaai informs us that the actors did not shoot yesterday as it was an off for them.

Leading lady Sarah Khan was spotted on the sets of Ek Thi Rajkumari in which her beau Ali Merchant plays the lead. Accompanying her was dear friend Parul Chauhan who plays the parallel lead Ragini.

Since the time the two have come out in the open about their relationship, they have no fear of being seeing in full media glare.

That's the way to go guys. Why fear when in love?

--Pinky-- thumbnail

TV STAR TRAIL

"Manine is my angel" says Ashita Dhawan
by Vidhya Krishnan
Jul 12, 2008, Bangalore

The dance reality show on Star One is yet to begin and already we hear a buzz of the winds of change to set in.

Manine De has been replaced by her girlfriend, Ashita Dhawan who plays Malti in Bidaai. So was it a 'number-tantrum' which forced Maninee out of the show or was it ego issues…the version that is floating around is ill health on Maninee side. She is suffering from a chronic back problem and donning her dancing shoes would aggravate her backache. We decided to chat up with her rescue angel, Ashita Dawan who confirmed the news.

"Yes I am replacing Manine De due to her terrible back problem. Infact she is very happy for me. But, she had no clue that I would be replacing her".

A friend in need is a friend indeed…

Manine De is my very good friend, guardian and angel; she is so wonderful. Bidaai happened because of Manine. When I was offered to play Malti, I was already doing Zaara and the dates clashed and I remember chatting with Manine about it. So she turned out to be a savior and called up the producer of Bidaai, and told him about me and I got it. Now I am getting to be a part of this reality show and in some way or the other she has again been a cause and I feel extremely glad about it.

Talk about all honey and sugar! We like our stars bitchy and catty. Sugary and honey does not bode well with us.

And as for 'Zaara Nachke Dikha', I was referred through a Balaji actor who is part of Nach Le Ve and knows my interest in dance. And before I knew it, I was offered to be a part of Zaara Nachke Dikha and I readily agreed.

Reality shows…

I always wanted to be a part of reality shows. It's big bucks and it is also a very good platform to showcase your potentials and get recognition. For those who are not so talented, reality shows are a very good experience to learn from.

I have a great passion for dance and I am excited about this one since it has been a long time. This will be my first performance on a reality show and I feel like the 'Queen of the world'

language=javascript src="https://www.tellywatch.com/Script/Stargazetitle.js"> TV STAR TRAIL

"Manine is my angel" says Ashita Dhawan
by Vidhya Krishnan
Jul 12, 2008, Bangalore

Dance for me…

I haven't learnt dance but my inspiration is my sister. I love Salsa and I am very good at it. In Salsa, your partner also needs to be great for a good outcome.

Since I am very fond of dancing, I pick up the moves from TV or just by watching others dance. It is not all that difficult especially when you have the passion.

About the competition…

There is competition and it is good. And the best part of the competition is that nobody gets eliminated. But it is going to be a tough fight and we need to go the extra mile and give it our best. I am very happy to be a part of this reality show and eagerly looking forward to it.

And at the end of the day, The Girls are any day better than the Boys!

My homework…

Since it's my debut in reality shows, not many of them know me and were actually surprised about it. This week it is the group performance and next week will be solo performance. I am going to do my legs do all the talking. Once people know my potentials obviously they will believe that I would be a good contributor. I am just hoping for a lot of fun.

Dance is my passion…

Bidaai was a big break for me and now this reality show will help portray a different side of Ashita. I want to go out of my way for that and give my best. And I feel blessed to have got this opportunity. And there is no stress involved when I have the passion for it. I don't let myself get involved into things, which are unnecessary, and generally I do not interfere.

Best Male and Female dancer crown goes to…

The best female dancer crown goes to Madhuri Dixit; she has got great moves and awesome expressions. And amongst the men, I would choose Hrithik Roshan, he dances like a super star and also Shahid Kapoor, he epitomizes the true definition of a dancer.

https://tellywatch.com/Telly_Features/Ashita_Dhawan_Manine_De /July-12-2008/Ashita_Dhawan_Manine_De_2.html

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/992531