Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

--Pinky-- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 16 years ago
Angad walks away with Ranjan Shahi's award…

by Meenakshi Shankar

Jun 16, 2008, Mumbai

Angad Hansija was nominated in the Best Actor's category for the New Talent Awards – felicitating the latest entrants in the Television industry. Running neck to neck in competition with Karan Hukku, Jay Bhanushali, Vikrant Massey and Prashant Chawla, the industry grapevine was pretty sure that as Alekh Rajvansh in Star Plus's Sapna Babul Ka... Bidaai, Angad would walk away with the award. His co-stars had already started working out the celebration details – bringing in the best champagne to celebrate the actor's first award in the long list yet to come his way. Of course, there was always competition with Ekta's blue-eyed boys, but Angad had stacked his cards on solid ground. The only show, which was running neck to neck in competition with Ekta Kapoor's 'K' sagas, it was generating great TRP's – so much so that even Ekta felt the tremors and is trying every trick up her sleeve to generate the TRP's along the lines of Bidaai.

Yes, the nomination took Angad by surprise. For the latest entrant in the booming television industry, being pegged against the giants was a feather in his cap. But, he barely had a chance to sit back and let the nomination fever sink in because he was performing a sexy salsa number with his co-star Sara Khan for the awards night. A fantastic dancer and a perfectionist, both Sara and he were perfecting the steps all through last week for the awards night. And post the performance, he joined his coterie to watch the battle unleash.

And with bated breath when the host announced the nomination for the best actor's award for the year 2008, Angad was all set to run up to the stage and pick up his award, when he felt his world come crashing down with Karan Hukku's name announced. Disbelief was the first reaction that was mirrored, but when we caught up with the actor for an exclusive, he said, "And here I thought I could bore my fans with my Oscar special speech that I had in my pocket!" But he said, that night was truly fantastic, because though, he didn't walk away with the award, the post award bash was what caught him unwares.

Because in the midst of the entire television fraternity, producer of the show, Ranjan Shahi, who walked away with the Best Producer's award – handed the trophy to Angad. Talking to the magnanimous producer, Ranjan said, "Angad truly deserves it. The role that he portrays is truly worth walking away with an award. Playing a chocolate hero is not what acting is all about. Being a newcomer, he rose to the challenge of playing the role of Alekh and has been nominated for the same. In my book, that makes him a winner. Yes, it's true that I gave him my first award. But, please don't use words like magnanimous. I gave the award to Angad because that boy truly deserved it. Anybody can produce a show, but not everybody can play the role of Alekh. I told him when he gets his due; he could return the award back to me."

An emotional Angad was touched by his producer's showcase. He says, "There's a burning desire to prove my worth. I felt happy being merely nominated, but with Ranjan's action, there is a need to prove my worth." And going by the industry grapevine, this is the reason why the show is doing extremely well.

https://www.tellywatch.com/Telly_News/Angad_Hansija_Ranjan_Sh ahi's_award/June-16-2008/Angad_Hansija.html

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/982087

--Pinky-- thumbnail
And the much in love couple retort back'
by Vidhya Krishnan
Jun 30, 2008, Bangalore Two sides to a coin is the thumb rule of journalism. And earlier in the day, we had reported feisty Madhura's famous words, "I don't scare easily, so Ali and his new found love can take their threats elsewhere!" We got cracking on unraveling the mystery behind the threats and decided to get our fingers into the pie.

We caught up with the much-in-love- couple, Ali Merchant and Sara, to unveil the facts based on what we heard from Madhura Naik. And the puzzled couple said…

Ali Merchant

I really don't understand what is being cooked up. Let me make things clear, I am in this industry much before Madhura stepped in. We met 2-3 years back and were good friends and as a friend, I referred her to play a role in 'Amber- Dhara' but however she has come on her own after that and I don't deny that. Why should I threaten her? I have my own commitments and I don't even have the time to catch up with my friends. So when there are enough and more things to keep me busy, for what joy will I get into doing such things?

Ask anyone, and they will tell you about her. She is doing this purely to gain publicity at my cost. And she is also very jealous of my relationship with Sara but I consider her and the story that she is cooking up to be SMALL to cause any strain in our relationship. I have asked Sara not to bother and be professional about it. Anyways it won't make a difference because we may tie the knot within a year or two from now and nothing can shake this beautiful strong relationship that we have.

You can check with anybody but the fact is that. I play the lead in two serials and I don't need any publicity!
But Madhura clearly does need the attention and the publicity. She was just an acquaintance to me and she is generally not so friendly with anybody. Pure jealousy, attention seeking tactics – call it by any name, it is an under hand move by Madhura and it reflects very poorly on her character.

Sara Khan

What! Are you serious! Jeez, this is the first time I'm hearing this. Madhura and I are very good friends and it is strange to hear such things. However she has told me several times to be careful about my relationship with Ali and I have asked her not to interfere in these matters. I wish not to comment on this matter any further because nothing is true and there is no use talking about it.

So each one has a different story, but what the REAL TRUTH is, is a million dollar question? Publicity gimmick or truly a divide between colleagues caught up in the love-lust triangle…either or, it's a good way to kick start the week!

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/982091

--Pinky-- thumbnail
Ali Merchant and Madhura Naik in a tiff...
Madhura Naik and Ali Merchant, who were friends earlier, are now at logger-heads with each other...Get to know more on this issue which has caught Ali, Sara and Madhura by the neck...

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/982146

--Pinky-- thumbnail

Madhura slams Sara-Ali; actor hits back

Sara Khan (Sadhna of Bidaai) and Madhura Naik (Soniya) had a fight with each other over Sara's beau Ali Merchant. The fight between both of them took place four days back. Madhura gave us her side of the story.

At War: Madhura Naik (left) with Sara Khan in a still from Bidaai

Narrating what happened, she says, "Actually I have known Ali for many years. On the sets I and Sara became good friends so we used to chat with each other and when she came to know that I know Ali for many years she started asking me about him. I told her to be a bit careful. However she took it very seriously and started creating controversies between me and my co-stars."
Madhura continues, "She used to cry in front of everyone and then Ali started threatening me. He called up my friends and told them that I should be careful otherwise he will throw me out of this industry. He gave me threatening calls at 3 am and forced my friends to speak against me. But I am not going to stretch this matter."

Talking about past, she says, "Ali used to come to my home. My mother knows him well. In fact she warned him not to disturb me. He is a liar. Even Sara is unnecessarily troubling everyone .I told her not to involve me in this from day one but still she did this even after getting engaged to Ali last month. They did not invite me for their engagement though they invited everyone from the show but I do not care about it."

She further says, "Because of Ali I had a break off with my ex boyfriend. He created a misunderstanding between us and used to irritate me a lot. He just wants bad publicity. I do not want to talk to either of them. It's all very childish."

Incidentally, in the show, Madhura is getting engaged to Kinshuk.

Who Is Madhura? Ali Merchant

Ali however rubbishes all these claims. "It is true that I have known her for 2-3 years but now I regret it. She wanted to be part of our group as she wanted to get work in Balaji. It is very funny. Everybody is calling up and asking me who that girl is. It's all fake and I am amazed. Everybody knows about our reputation so why would Sara have the need to ask anything about me to her."

On allegations of him threatening her, he hits back saying, "I do not have that much time to do all these things. It's very bad of her to talk like this and even after all this I do not want to talk about her."

Asked about her claims of him being responsible for her break up, he responds, "I don't even know who her boyfriend was. I am very workaholic so I only believe in doing my stuff and not get involved in such back-biting."

Lastly, Ali also denied that he is engaged to Sara as per Madhura. "One time she says that we are doing this for publicity. If so why do we need to hide our engagement? We have openly acknowledged our relationship in front of everyone," he signs off.

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/982235

--Pinky-- thumbnail

Har Serial Kuch Kehta Hai...15
Renowned astrologer Shri. Pankaj Gupta gives an insight on the future of our very popular daily soaps...Wanna know how your favorite serial will fare in future, get it right here on Telly Buzz...

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/983327

--Pinky-- thumbnail
Ashita Dhawan sees red; Rajan Shahi plays peacemaker…

Malti in Rajan Shahi's Sapna Babul Ka…Bidaai was livid with anger. Hell hath no fury when a woman is angry – a saying which Ashita aka Malti played to the hilt when things seemingly didn't go her way. And, to soothe her ruffled feathers, it was none other than the producer, Rajan Shahi who played the peacemaker.

Behind the scenes, what really happened?
Curious to know about it and we caught up with Ashita and she said, "I was shooting at Meera road set and the dress man, without my consent, gave my pair of heels to one of the junior artists which I did not like. I was furious, when I came to know about it and was really upset about the unfair behavior. I do not encourage my personal belongings to be used by someone else and that too without my knowledge. One needs to have some basic manner. I'm quite possessive about my things and I was furious when I saw my belongings being passed around without my consent."

"The production people who were witnessing all this went and informed Rajan about it and he got very furious too and made that person go all the way to the Citywalk outlet in Bandra and get me a new pair of heels. I was totally taken aback of this sweet gesture of his. Not only did Rajan soothe my ruffled feathers, but he went to extent of profusely apologizing for his dressman. Which producer does that? In this day and age, when production houses are running behind canning the episodes, we have a gentleman in our midst, which would put his actors ahead of everything else. And talking about it is clearly making me quite embarrassed over the whole episode."

It's not easy to talk about my faults to the media, but the reason I'm doing it is because the producer of the show is so wonderful. This is what family is all about.

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/983681

--Pinky-- thumbnail

Sadhana and Sonia at war off-screen over a guy.

Posted: Jul 3rd 2008 by Ruhi Tandon

Sadhana and Sonia on Star Plus 'Sapna Babul Ka...Bidaai'

A couple of weeks ago we reported on Sadhana aka Sara Khan's romance with Ali Merchant, the couple is now officially engaged. So far so good but what is really shocking is that Ali was earlier dating Sonia aka Madhura and the couple had a bitter break off. When Sara's engagement news broke all the unit members congratulated her except Madhura who was going green with jealousy.

Later during a break Madhura spoke to Sara and asked her if the engagement news is true, Sara said a yes and walked out from the room. Sara also spoke to her fianc Ali about Madhura's attitude and her sarcasm about their engagement. Ali was angry and called Madhur and asked her to keep away from his gal Sara as he didn't want her to destroy their happiness. Madhura admitted getting a call from Ali and the actress swore that she would be away from the couple, so now it is a 'Bidaai' for her from Sara-Ali chapter.
https://www.bollywoodblog.com/index.aspx/3/

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/986359

--Pinky-- thumbnail

Chat Transcript of Sara Khan

just i hav got the chat transcript of sara khan ....and would liked to share with u alll.....i hope this http://chat.indya.com/transcripts/sara/sara_khan.html topic is not posted yet .....enjoy ,and listen her tooo ...thanx

indya: Good evening indyans and welcome to yet another chat on indya.com. Today with us is Sara Khan... She is Sadhana from Bidaai on Star Plus.
sara_khan: Hi all

guest79: Hi Sara.... At first when I saw the serial I never thought that you were a Muslim... You looked so much like a Hindu... Did you have to face any challenges to portray such a character?
sara_khan: Hi , people assume that I am not Muslim because of my face and the way I speak. But there is no difference between me and Sadhana. We are the same.

guest88: Hi Sara, this Deepak here from Nandini Layout, Bangalore. When I get married I wish get a wife like your character in Bidaai.
Sara_khan: Really nice... Someone likes me and my character so much that they want a wife like me. I am touched. Feels good!

guest88: Deepak here again, have you got any marriage proposals post your appearance on the show? If yes, please share with me the weird proposals that you have got.
Sara_Khan: Yes.... Stared getting these from when I was 16. One person was so adamant that they wanted me to get engaged and then push marriage till I was 18... It freaked my parents... But yeah. No mom keeps getting these... She is bugged.

snowwhitey2k: Okies... So your like your reel character... Sadhana... Sacrificing...
sara_khan:I like the role very much, it was like my dream role!

guest88:Hi Sara, this is Suchitra here, I really love the gorgeous dresses you were on Bidaai. Do you get involved in the costume selection on the show?
Sara_khan:Hi Suchitra, yes I like pink a lot, so my designers keep giving me nice shades of pinks and nice colours that look good on me. I like the clothes they give me.

guest115:Salam Sara, this is Jasim from Pakistan, I am a big fan of yours! Please tell me are you married or committed?
Sara_Khan:Hi Jasim, no I am not married nor committed, I am now concentrating only on my work...

guest107:How do you like the change in your look on the show?
sara_khan:Hi, there is no major change in my costume. I used to wear salwar suits before, now I have taken to saris. Aisa koi khaas baath nahi hai. I like this also.

guest68:What is your age and when is your birthday?
sara_khan:I am 18 years of age, My birthday - 6 August.
guest96:Given a chance... Whose role would you do in Bidaai other than Sadhanna's?
sara_khan:Sadhana is my favorite, favorite, favorite roles. It was my dream role. I can not think of any others.

guest90:Which is your favorite song... Can you sing it for us so that we can hear it later on indya? And who is your favorite actor... I guess Shahid?
Sara_Khan:Yeah...I love Shahid. My favorite song - is from Pankaj Udaas - 'Aur Ahista...'I have sung it for you! You can listen to it later.

snowwhitey2k:Have you ever been offered any "K" serial
sara_khan:No

guest68:We all watch your show Bidaai in Afghanistan... It is just great... When we knew that you are Khan we were so happy... What's the name of Ragini?
sara_khan:Hi...Mujhe abhi bohat josh aagaya...When I know that you are from Afghanistan. My father is also from Afghanistan. His name is Parveez Khan. It is a delight knowing you like my work. Paru is Ragini's name.

Guest90:How was your experience on Kya Aap Panchvi Pass Se Tez Hai... When is your birthday?
sara_khan:It was a very nice experience. It was pleasure dancing and talking to him for hours, I wanted to pinch his dimples from when I was a kid. Finally it was becoming true... I loved the experience.
Guest97:Heard you wanted to learn Punjabi ? How far have you learnt it? One word for us in Punjabi please.
Sara_khan:Yeah... I love to learn Punjabi. I keep asking Veer to teach me. I like the language.
guest69:So Sara are there any more twists and turns in Bidaai
sara_khan:Bidaai is all about twists and turns ... So you will get lots of it!
guest88:Hi Sara, you are only 18 that is stunning. Do you get to go to college? Which college do you go to?
sara_khan:I studied in M.P. I was the brand ambassador of my college. But when I got chosen for this soap. I have taken a year break... But I will get back to studies soon.
snowwhitey2k:How do you rate yourself as an actor?
sara_khan:10 on 10
guest90:Do you want to work with Ekta Kapoor?
sara_khan:If she will give me chance, I will go for it
guest127:Hi Sara I am watching Bidaairight now! I am your big fan! You always look so beautiful. What is your favorite colour? Who is your favorite actor?
sara_khan:Hey... Thanks keep watching my show, my favorite color - pink, actor - Shahid Kapoor.
guest68:Is it your first show or you have done others too?
sara_khan:This is my fortune. Bidaai is the beginning of my career.
snowwhitey2k:: Any struggles you had experienced while entering the industry?
sara_khan: Hi Snowwhitey... Not at all...
guest137: What was your most memorable experience on the sets of Bidaai?
sara_khan: I said once that I will not shoot till I get ice cream, then my producer brought the whole team ice cream!
guest164: We like your acting and your show so much... I wanted to ask you that where do you live and where was your father or grandfather from?
sara_khan:My native is Bhopal, now in Mumbai. My father and grand parents are from Afghanistan.
guest69:Hey Sara which is your favorite actress in Bollywood.
sara_khan:Kareena Kapoor.
snowwhitey2k:Before acting in Bidaai
sara_khan:Yes I have, many Madhya Pradesh promos, hoardings and modeled for many products.
guest79:Hi Sadhana... How did you get the role in Bidaai? And how does it feel when people recognise you and ask for autographs?
sara_khan:I was crowned Miss Bhopal 2007. Then my rakhi brother asked me for my picture casually. He then had sent it to Rajan Sahai sir, and then I got a call. Till then I was like any college girl. I was very inspired my Amrita Rao's role in Vivaah. I wanted a role like that. I got my dream role.

guest173:Hey which is your favorite movie and can you sing one song from it for me.
sara_khan:>Vivah
guest164:In Bidhaai when there was your marriage you were crying like real... Were you crying really?
sara_khan:I really cried. As I was getting away from my family - Alok ji and all... I am very attached to them.
guest164:One more question...I am also a Pathan/Pashton from Afghanistan...Please tell me if you can speak Pashto? Can you speak? Sanga ye?
sara_khan:Nooo... I can read very well. But can not speak. Nice to talk to you.
guest173:What are the things you want to see in your dream guy?
sara_khan:He should look like Shahid Kapoor.
indya:Ok... Questions pouring in but then all good things must end... Before we leave, what is your special message for your fans here on chat - Sara?
sara_khan:Hi... Love you all, please keep watching my show and loving me like this only.

indya:Thanks Sara. All the best
sara_khan:Bye all...Love you all again! Thank Indya.com people.
indya:Ok fans...That was Sara for chat for you LIVE and exclusive on indya. If you want to vote for Sadhana from Bidaai - log onto indya.com and vote online! Until we meet next time... On the next exclusive chat... Take care, have fun and be on indya!

--Pinky-- thumbnail

TV STAR TRAIL

Over a cuppa coffee with the bubbly girl – Ashita Dhawan
by Vidhya Krishnan
Jul 02, 2008, Bangalore

Ashita Dhawan, the new face among the 'Bahus' of Television is simply in awe of her character in the serial Sapna Babul Ka Bidaai. Playing the vamp with a comic touch, Ashita who plays the character of Malti has been appreciated by one and all. A complete chatterbox and always at her notorious best who never leaves any stone unturned to fool others, talks about her likes, dislikes, obsession and more in an exclusive chat with Vidhya Krishnan…

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/984375

--Pinky-- thumbnail

SADHNA ALEKH COUPLE ARE SAID TO BE Princess Ariel- and Prince Eric

Check out in Tellybuzz Article😉

https://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/article.asp?id=2767

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/984007