Users

Frequent Posters

--Pinky-- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 16 years ago

Pehchan kaun?

Click here for photo gallery related to this article Enlarge Image
we won! Divyanka Tripathi and (below) Sara Khan and Parul Chauhan

The SaharaOne New Talent Awards event, produced by indiantelevision.com on Saturday had upcoming actors in attendance. As a result, it turned out to be a pehchan kaun contest. Comperes Barkha Bisht and Cyrus Sahukar were at their wits' end in making the audiences stay put for three hours. For a change, Sandiip Sikcand preferred a low-key presence, away from the prying cameras. When the only prolific name Mona Singh did not turn up to collect her Best Female Anchor Award for Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa it was surmised that she was avoiding being with the wannabes. "I was busy rehearsing for my new show so I could not attend," clarifies Singh. Spotted at the event were Dheeraj Kumar, Aroona Irani and B P Singh who won a special award for technical excellence. Aroona mentioned that she had dropped the idea of directing a movie.
Some of the winners: Best New Anchor Male — Aditya Narayan, SaharaOne Icon of the year: Divyanka Tripathi and Sara Khan, Promising New Actor: Gurmeet Chaudhary, New Negative Actor (Male): Jatin Shah, TV Personality (Male): Jay Bhanushali, Best New Actor (Male): Karan Hukku, Best New Actor (Female): Sara Khan and Parul Chauhan.

Click here for photo gallery related to this article Enlarge Image

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/970048

--Pinky-- thumbnail

What Makes Bidaii So Popular?

src="/uim/include/movies_top.htm" type=text/javascript> src="https://www.rediff.com/uim/incl ude/flash.htm" type=text/javascript>
Sara Khan

In the last couple of years, quite a few serials have died an unnatural death -- be it big banner shows like Twinkle Beauty Parlour, Kulbadhu and Jeete Hai Jiske Liye or smaller ones like Ambar Dhara.

Bidaai, being aired on Star Plus, is perhaps the only soap to have held its ground firmly and become a success story. In fact, it has managed higher TRPs than the mother of all soaps, Kyun Ki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi.

There is no denying the fact that Sara Khan has a major role to play in the success of this serial. The actress, who plays Sadhana in Bidaai, also appeared in Shah Rukh Khan's Kya Aap Paanchvi Pass Se Tez Hai last weekend.

Showbiz, however, is not new for this 18-year-old. "I was crowned Miss Bhopal last year and have been doing advertisements in Bhopal for a long time," Sara says. "By the time I turned 16, I had modelled for 48 ads."

The actress also anchored shows for Doordarshan Madhya Pradesh and ETV before moving to Mumbai. So it was natural that Sara would try her hand at television here.

"When I came to Mumbai, my rakhi brother Vivek Jain showed my portfolio to the producer of Bidaai, Rajan Shahi. He liked my photographs and asked me to join the serial at the earliest," Sara explains. In Bidaai, Sara plays a sweet girl, who cannot think beyond her family. Her life takes a turn when she gets married to a schizophrenic and faces a lot of problems.

So how does it feel to be part of the number one serial in Star Plus? "It feels great!" Sara exclaims. "I still find it difficult to believe that in just six months, Bidaai has reached such a stage. Everyone in the production house has a major role to play in the success of this show, not just the actors. It's unbelievable how everyone is so dedicated here."

But showbiz never comes easy. Recently, Sara fainted on the sets due to fatigue. "I've fainted quite a number of times actually, though my mother doesn't know about it yet. I am not used to such hectic schedules. I work almost 20 hours a day. If it were not for my colleagues, I wouldn't be able to manage," she says.

Rumour mills are abuzz about her seeing Angad (her on-screen husband in Bidaai). In fact, they have been nominated as the most popular couplein the Star Pariwar awards.

"We are the youngest onscreen couple to have been nominated for this award. It feels great to know that people are so fond of us. I hope the votes will also speak for us," Sara says.

So are the rumours true? "Let me tell you a fact. Angad is seeing someone, and that person is not me!" Sara claims. "Angad is a good friend of mine; he is very caring. I never thought that I would have such a good friend in the industry in such short time. I'm not seeing anyone right now. But I would not like to see someone from the same industry. It leads to a lot of complications."

Sara has become a star in her hometown, Bhopal, also. "When I went to Bhopal for a vacation, there was this guy who wanted my autograph," she smiles. "While I was feeling happy in a way, I was also very embarrassed in front of my family!"

Link= https://ushome.rediff.com/movies/2008/may/13sara.htm

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/970674

--Pinky-- thumbnail

Rajan's biggest gift ever to Angad

Rajan Shahi, who has been receiving accolades and laurels for his maiden show Bidaai as a producer, was on an all time high when he bagged the Most Promising Producer of the year award at the New Talent Awards, held on Saturday, 14 June. An emotional Shahi was elated to see his show taking centre stage bagging as many as three categories which included the best female actor shared by Parul Chauhan & Sarah Khan and the Sahara female icon of the year bestowed upon Sara Khan and Divyanka Tripathi jointly.

But we saw an emotional side to the producer when he gave away his first ever award to Angad Hasija, lead actor of his show. An emotional Angad recalls, "We all were so happy with the way Bidaai faired at the award function. The show bagged three awards including the most promising producer of the year. Parul and Sara, lead actress of the show too won the respective awards. But when Rajan sir saw me without an award he handed over his award to me and said that I will take it back the day you walk down the aisle with an award in your hand."

"I was so touched by his gesture as it takes a lot for someone to part with his first ever award or for that matter any award. I have placed the trophy at the altar. I will surely return it soon", concludes an optimist in Angad.

Wow this surely is one big happy family!

--Pinky-- thumbnail
Sara is upset!
19 Jun 2008, 0000 hrs IST,TNN

Sara Khan
One baggage that comes with attaining success early in life?

Sara Khan will tell you the answer — "Just because you don't have time owing to your gruelling schedules, people tend to assume that you're arrogant and have an attitude problem if you're too busy." Eighteen-year-old Sara is the latest addition to small screen's long list of newcomers who're fast making a name for themselves in the TV industry. And in the little time that she's been here, there already have been rumours of her throwing tantrums on the sets of her show Bidaai... Sapna Babul Ka but Sara is unfazed. "These things happen sometimes because of certain circumstances. I try my level best to clear misunderstandings but then it's upto them," she adds.

But the one thing that unnerves her is rumours of her being close to co-star Parul Chauhan's brother. "Those are just rumours and I just want to end this topic here. I am seeing actor Ali Merchant and we're planning to get engaged in the next one year. My family also approves of him, so such talks just end up hurting everyone," says an agitated Sara.

Other than that, life seems to be going great guns for this Bhopal girl, who has tried her hand at modelling and anchoring before this as well. Bidaai... has made her a popular name in households and she couldn't have asked for more. "Newcomers usually don't get a chance to display their talent and get recognised so early. I think I'm lucky to have got the chance to prove myself so early in life," she says. For the moment, Sara just wants to concentrate on this one show. "Maybe sometime later, I will think of doing something else," she adds. And steer clear of any further controversies too, we hope!

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/973313

--Pinky-- thumbnail
--Pinky-- thumbnail

Shoe woes for Ashita Dhawan16
Rajan Shahi sure has a big heart and knows how to treat his actors well. Like in the case of Ashita Dhawan. Read to know more....

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/976537

--Pinky-- thumbnail
At long shoot's end

The cast and crew of Sapna Baabul ka.. Bidaai have been shooting continuously for an engagement sequence. Kinshuk Mahajan, who plays Sara Khan's devar in the Star Plus daily, is all set to exchange rings with his on-screen girlfriend who's actually a gold-digger.

The shoot involves much song and dance and an elaborately decorated set. The cast shot for it till 3 am and literally sleepwalked through their scenes.

To boost their morale, direcotor Romesh Kalra served pizzas and colas at the end of the shoot. How generous is that! The episode will be telecast next week.. with a major twist of course.

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/978942

--Pinky-- thumbnail

Sonya's true colors revealed in Bidaai....
It's engagement time of Ranveer and Sonya in Sapna Babul Ka Bidaai. Amidst the dance and masti, Sadhana gets successful in revealing the intention of Sonya... Get an insight on the track ahead right here on Telly Buzz...

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/979312

--Pinky-- thumbnail

I know every sordid detail about Ali Merchant" screams Madhura Naik
by Meenakshi Shankar
Jun 28, 2008, Bangalore

Are these words of a woman scorned in love? Because, we know that when a woman is scorned, then hell hath no fury. But, these words are not of a scorned woman. These words are of Madhura Naik, a very close friend of Ali Merchant who has recently been telephonically threatened by Ali to stay away from his fianc, Sara of the famed Rajan Shahi serial, Sapna Babul Ka…Bidaai.

The story goes…

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/981730

--Pinky-- thumbnail
Style ghar ghar ka
29 Jun 2008, 0000 hrs IST, LEENA GHOSH ,TNN

Print

Write to Editor

Lubna Salim from Baa, Bahu Aur Baby More Pics
A jewellery maker recently launched a line specifically targetting viewers of Indian soaps.

Not surprising, since the female protagonists in some of the serials have been responsible for setting
fashion trends. Be it Ramola Sikand€™s outrageous bindis, Komolika€™s halter blouses or Jassi€™s made-over look, they€™ve all managed to catch the fancy of viewers as well as designers. So what makes these accessories so popular?

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/981870