Javeria Jaleel on Spotlight...

modishh thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 17 years ago
Javeria Jaleel

Javeria Jaleel comes on time. She doesn't throw tantrums. She avoids media and doesn't believe in PR. She doesn't hang-out and doesn't gossip. Sleeveless is a strict no-no and smoking she thinks is injurious to health.

She is the daughter of the soil. She lives lassi and parathas. She's emotion-ruled and time-constrained. She enjoys work and does not crib about overload. Read on, JJ (that's what people call her) confidential.

Your character of a flirtatious bahu in Khala Kulsoom Ka Kunba is being dubbed as a bohemian character... Something that our society refuses to accept... What do have to say about it?
My character in KKKK is a very much part of our lives. But first time it has been penned down. And people who are making ho ha over are the one who can't face the reality and just want to see the unnatural characters. But again the kind of appreciation we got says a lot that people do
want to see new roles, which are close to reality. When we can show about sexual abuses, two-timing so what's harm in showing extra marital affairs?
There was a time when you were best buddies with director Faheem Burney and all his serials had your name in the starring. But it is no more like this. Why?

I worked with Faheem till he wanted me to, now he doesn't, so I am not. Simple as one plus one.
Ok! I can read between the lines...

No it's not as that I have had a bad experience with him, he rubbed me the wrong way or anything like that. I believe one must be free to work with everyone...

He is now working with other people, so am I? There is no bad blood involved. I still respect Faheem the way I used to while I was working with him, and I always will. Because unlike other actors who call Faheem different names I can say that Faheem is a wonderful person to work with.

Person, maybe but how would you rate him as a director?
Faheem is neither good, neither bad and nor a different director. He is a filmi person and you can see that touch in his serials. He emphasizes more on glamour than the characters and script... But again that's Faheem for you.

You are also witness of Faheem's verbal brawl with Ayesha Sana... What is the real story?
The way Ayesha was screaming, the kind of language she was using it makes a chill run down my spine. I don't want to talk about that. Thank you very much.

People accuse you of being highly volatile. Are you copper cattle?
It is wrong to say that I am highly volatile... I am blunt. I am straightforward. I don't take crap from other people. I am everything but that.

News has it that you have got a huge house, which is given to you by an admirer of yours. Where is that house located?
Forget the house tell me where is that admirer first. Listen, people who know me know that where do I live and what kind a life I am living. Had it been true I would have been living in that huge house not in a one-unit bungalow and had been traveling in VTI instead of Taxis.

It is all crap. People talk and I don't give a damn. All these fabricated stories don't stay... I am a very reserved person. I am not media savvy and got the worst PR. I believe in my work and that's the end of the story. Had I been good at it I would have been on the top slot.

Heard that there is a problem that's brewing between you and Sadia?
Yes it is true. There was a time when Sadia and I were best, of friends. She betrayed my trust and I just couldn't forgive her for that. Though she is hell bent on saying that it was a misunderstanding and even tried to clear her strand but didn't succeed in doing so. Today we are more on professional terms. We work together, we do our bits and we leave. That's it.

You are the only person on this face of planet who has to say good things about Faheem coz most the stars have a very bad time while working with him like Ayesha Sana, Farah Shah...

I don't judge people from others experiences, I judge from my own. He had been very nice to me so I am going to speak up the truth nothing else but that. I worked with Faheem for a long time and he stood by my side while I was going through a rough patch. So it is unethical in fact ill to talk about someone who was there in need.

Sadia Imam in one of her interview admitted that you are a better actress and have more potential, than her but hasn't been tapped yet. Your views?
This is a general opinion. Sadia is not the only person who is saying that. Lots of other people have said the same. But coming from Sadia I'm touched and I am flattered.

So do you think you are a better actress?
I do not compare my work with Sadia's. Both of us have our own style. Only thing I know and admit is that she's luckier than I...

How does it feel to know that Khala Kulsum Ka Kunba proved to be a huge hit? How do you feel?
Success is something that's always been coming and going. Butt doesn't want it to go to my head. The minute I believe that am something big, it will be my undoing. I have been working for the last four years and have seen ups and downs. So I am kind a used to if by now. My pillar of strength is the public and they have supported me throughout and that is what matters tome.

Who would you call your true friend in this field...? Someone with whom you go out usually?
I don't go out with anybody, as a rule, If I'm out, I go out with my parents or my brother or people I've known. Because for me, when I switch off from work, I'd rather be in a non-showbiz environment.

And I get along better with my non-showbiz friends, — they don't remind me of my profession. And when we have a conversation it does not revolve around showbiz. The conversation is completely different and intelligent and worldly.

I enjoy that much more. In showbiz, I'm friendly with a lot of people. There are a lot of good people who I know here, but there's no one who I socialize with, I wish I could say I did, but I don't!" I am here to work, to make money. I am not the one who says 'Oh, lam here for the sake of fun or to work'. I am sorry for that

I am here for none of the above. I am here to support my family and I work for them. I don't work for my satisfaction or myself. The day I will get married, I will cut off from this field, completely. I will never look back.

You are working a lot these days with director Atif Hussain who is relatively new? What do you think about his style of working?
'He's the best person I have ever worked with. He's a gentleman. He's helpful and he's got no ego hassles. He's genuine to his work. He's sincere about his projects. He's sincere to his script.

He's the most gentleperson to work with. He's a sweetheart; he's anything but a strong-armed guy. His physical and emotional sides are totally different. He's a gem, and I think that's the reason he's lasted in the field for so long.

Heard that you are getting into singing?
It's not that I am getting into singing. I just recorded a song but that's for fun sake and I don't want to pursue it as a career. I do not want to sail in more than one boat at once.