Books All Pakistanis Should read

biatchali thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

hey guys..😊

seems so long since ive made a post on psf....well i dont know about many of u guys on this forum but i love reading books...espicially about peoples views on our culture....so i thought why not start a topic which lists books we have all read about our asian culture....prefrablly pakistani ( so no harry potter on the list 😛) ...tell us if u recommend them...and if you dont...and a reason as to why.....as the time goes on i shall increase the list....but i have admit sadly there are very few books out there on pakistani culture...theres more on islam...

A Map Of Lovers - Nadeem Aslam...its basically about love marriages in pakistani culture and so forth...i h8ed it i read only the irst two chapters and regreted purchasing it..its very discriptive..somethin for the english lit student or something....

The Princess Triology - Jean Sasson.. this is a book on the life of a arabian princess, i loved all three books sadly its not about pakistani culture but there are definatly refrences to it...its more on who arab treats its women and stuff..alot of cross reference to islam which makes me angry..

Sold, A Promise To Nadia- Andrew Crofts....amazing book definatly brings tears to my eyes...it true life story of two sisters who where sold of by there father to marry iranin men and how they wrnt treated nicely..treated likemodern day slaves...

Londonstani - Gautam Malikani....AMAZING BOOK... well actully i have no idea i read the first chapter then ma bro nicked it of me after reading the first page...its so funny a must for as typical british asian people to read...the language is so streeeet man...lol...a book to do with growing up as asian in the UK..

Plnety more if u guys have any add em on....il read some more and pass on details...😳

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

cutie_zayma thumbnail
wow thanks mate i am defo gona read
*Fiza* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
thnkyou sid... will def read them 😳 ...
RedButterfLy thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Thnks biatchali!!!! I -love reading as well :) .. I read "Sold, A Promise To Nadia" absolutely loved it!!!! .. thnks for others.. I would try to get my hands on em!

I would definetly recommend the book " A thousand Splendid Sun" by Khalid Hosseini, Its really a great book, I have just started reading it and just cant seem to put it down... it about a 40 year old man who marries a 15 years old afghan girl and then after eighteen years he marries an 18 year old girl, the whole story is basically about how they both escape from the abusive husband and how a woman can change her life as well as lives of others...

I would also recommend " The Kite Runner" by the same author.. He is really amazing!

Edited by RedButterfLy - 17 years ago
biatchali thumbnail

Originally posted by: RedButterfLy

Thnks biatchali!!!! I -love reading as well :) .. I read "Sold, A Promise To Nadia" absolutely loved it!!!! .. thnks for others.. I would try to get my hands on em!

I would definetly recommend the book " A thousand Splendid Sun" by Khalid Hosseini, Its really a great book, I have just started reading it and just cant seem to put it down... it about a 40 year old man who marries a 15 years old afghan girl and then after eighteen years he marries an 18 year old girl, the whole story is basically about how they both escape from the abusive husband and how a woman can change her life as well as lives of others...

I would also recommend " The Kite Runner" by the same author.. He is really amazing!

i have been meaning to read his books...his latest one is in the top 10 book charts...whats the kite runner about??would u say there difficult books 2 get in2....bcoz im sum1 hu if afta the frst 2 chapters do not undastand a word writen or have not gten in to the book by then i give up...

Qnz_diva thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks alot!!!!
I would try to find and read them.
anji thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
thanks for mentioning all these books.I love to read
i will try to find these books. Have u heard about Tresspassing by Uzma Aslam Khan i heard alot about this book well actually i bought it today while reading reviews i think it's about Cultural and Ethinic conflicts.
WISH107 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
i read The Kite Runner and still have to read Khalid Houssaini's new book. i really liked The Kite Runner. there was one book about iranian girl. the book was okay. it wasnt so bad, the title of the book was ANAHITA, A Woven Riddle. Do let me know some others Asian books cuz i love to read. and these days i am free. oh i remember another about an indian girl. Black Koyal, Mango Sweet or something like that.
maihjabin thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Are this all books in enhlish or in urdu language?Letters Language?
modishh thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: RedButterfLy

i am currently taking an asian american literature class and my teacher she suggested these two books by Khaled Husseini..now tht u mentioned it i would definitely goin to read them..thankss