Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mermaid_QT thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Originally posted by: mittijalebi

i did not create the topic in DM to get ppl to come here. if that was the case i would've just pmd them instead of getting in trouble (like i am now)for doing so. my intention was NOT to create an unhealthy environment here and am actually really insulted for being accused of doing so.

when i first saw this topic and made my comments about being closed. i was told that this topic was not spreading hatred and that i basically out of line to post that. so i was confused and thought that maybe i had overreacted.

so i posted it in DM as a question to everyone. it was each members own personal decision to come here, i did not compel them in any way.

secondly, if this is the second time that this topic has come under scrutiny (from different members) then maybe we need to rethink it.

lastly you guys are the mods and have the power to do what you feel is right and i can't do anything about it.......i can only offer suggestions. i apologize for the heated exchanges that were posted here, but i still stand by my belief that this topic is not right. however, as i've been told to stop posting here if i find it offensive then i will do that.

thanks

MJ, I concur with what you said.
You sked if such topics create feelings of hatred and what our opinions were.. Also, the topic was locked immediately.

As you correctly said, there would have been other ways to bring it to DMers attention. Just as all members of this forum are welcome to post in DM what you feel like, we should have the right to post here . We are all members of IF, not a particular forum.. (correct me DM / CM if I am wrong) and the last time I heard, we needed to apply for visas for other forums 😆.. j/k..

Angelic_J thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: mermaid_QT

haha! and how do you suppose is the EWWWWW... i wud not marry a hindu guy justified? 😳

What's ewww about it? I have amazing Muslim friends who are hands down amazing souls and they never say "Eww " they would not marry Hindu.. They say, according to islam, marriage to a Hindu is not a possibility.

Hatred arises in tone and presentation of a certain sentence imo. The eww is very hurtful and objection-worthy.

I agree the ewww is very hurtful but instead of ganging up like this we could've also resolved this matter by simply clicking the report button😊 and IF the post was still NOT dealt with then we could have all held the PSF dev. team responsible

mermaid_QT thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: JK_5

I agree the ewww is very hurtful but instead of ganging up like this we could've also resolved this matter by simply clicking the report button😊 and IF the post was still NOT dealt with then we could have all held the PSF dev. team responsible

This wasn't ganging up dear!! 4 members is no gang. We were 20 active members!! Also, report buttons have been pressed. The thread was locked and re-opened.. Now they've been pressed again :)
200467 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ~LiL*PrInCeZ~

As far the the term Paki is concerned, that is a debate in itself (which we have had many times in psf as well as other i-f sections). Although i havnt been to UK, from what ive heard it is a very derogitory racial term used agaist all people of south asian descent, not just pakistanis. However, here in the US it is far from a derogitory word (when used by pakistanis to refer to one another). Since Aji is from UK, she considered it a derogitory word and warned the member from using it, I would not have reacted the same way because the word is taken much more lightly here in US. Keeping the difference in interpretation depending on where the person is from, less disregard the issue with the word paki.

oh no! you can't just disregard this whole issue just like that. I am from the US and have been warned for using this word here. take my warning out and then do whatever you need to to do with this issue. Like I said before, all my pakistani friends here in the US call pakistani things as "paki" for short. Now that you have admitted it is not such a big deal here in the US, I would like to know what the mods are gonna do for that warning I received for no fault of mine😊

Edited by Gauri_3 - 17 years ago
Angelic_J thumbnail

Following the same rule, I am amazed at a general judgment hurled at DMers.. I know you will see where I come from now :)

I haven't personally blamed a specific person or targeted a specific group😊 All I'm asking is for people to debate without taking things so seriously specially when they are also hurling offensive attacks at other people😊

Hope you get where I'm coming from QT😳

Angelic_J thumbnail

You know what EVERYONE needs to get this straight😡 this post was only made to point out the fact indian film makers ALWAYS show a pakistani girl running from her home to get married to an INDIAN guy which some people find really OFFENSIVE exactly like some people found this post offensive I'm an INDIAN but I'm still supporting Pakistani people because what they say is the TRUTH Today's indian movies are NOT only made for Indian viewers but also for viewers outside of India SO Indian film makers should RESPECT all other cultures and religions😊 Before making movies they should take into account whether or not anything from the movie could be OFFENSIVE to a particular group or community.

Edited by JK_5 - 17 years ago
Angelic_J thumbnail

And it's REALLY offensive and hurtful to some people😊

Angelic_J thumbnail

Originally posted by: V.T.

and why do they still watch the movies....😆

Exaclty the way some people have been replying to this topic even though they found it really offensive😊

~LiL*PrInCeZ~ thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

haha! and how do you suppose is the EWWWWW... i wud not marry a hindu guy justified? 😳

What's ewww about it? I have amazing Muslim friends who are hands down amazing souls and they never say "Eww " they would not marry Hindu.. They say, according to islam, marriage to a Hindu is not a possibility.

Hatred arises in tone and presentation of a certain sentence imo. The eww is very hurtful and objection-worthy.

I'm Glad you have great muslim friends. infact, many of my friends are hindu too. I dont have anything agaist hindus or indians or people of any other race or religion. However, friendship and marriage are poles apart. Just because i feel comfortable hanging out and sharing secrets with hindus or any other non-muslim does not mean that i am confortable with the idea of marrying outside my religion. Yea I agree the "eww" can be offensive to some but i'm sure tina didnt mean it so. Even if she did, let bygones be bygones and stop bringing up the same issue repeatedly

Angelic_J thumbnail

Originally posted by: V.T.

didnt she close it...i mean why did you re-open it...

Because Priya di only closed it TEMPORARILY😊 and she asked Scorpion to open it after she came online😊

Edited by JK_5 - 17 years ago