aaaaaaaaaaaaa just check your siggy...it says hottens aleart

😆 🤣

Edited by Iron78Iron - 17 years ago
mittijalebi thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Originally posted by: ~LiL*PrInCeZ~

WHOAH!!

DMers TOTALLY blew this topic out of proportion and all because mittijalebi posted a link to this topic in DM (which i dont appreciate...if u have a problem with a tread in 1 section speak to that section's dev team and dont go around broadcasting it)

if there is nothing wrong with this topic then why don't you appreciate it being "broadcasted". secondly i DID speak with the sections dev team and we sorted things out.

however, at first i felt like this topic wasn't right so i asked other members advice about. just like mods don't like being criticized for thier actions, I also do not appreciate being criticized for my actions.

the only thing i agree with is that its not right to criticize mods....i made a mistake there. but i did not go around saying mods are doing a horrible job etc etc. all i said is that this topic should be closed.......not very hurtful words now are they.

we do appreciate all the work that our mods do considering that they do this out of their free time when they could be doing things with their family and friends.

i just feel that I'm being targetted wrongfully here and i don't like it.

Edited by mittijalebi - 17 years ago
Iron78Iron thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
OK..so what is the problem here?????

A muslim girl shown as marrying a hindu boy...so, it shows that muslim girls have courage to move forward and some one doesn't like girls to come forward???

or the problem is that Indian movies are shown all over world and appreciated???

Or Pakistan does not make movie where hindu girl marries a Pakistan boy?? May be because there is hardly any hindus in Pakistan, so even to make up some ground s needed.
or is itthat DMer are able to question back these base less things being said and took others off the floor

or that mittijalebi was wise enough check this thread and asked opinion from some friends that she trusts :)
chatbuster thumbnail

Originally posted by: Gauri_3

scorpion 134 ji, this post is from very first page of this thread...how come this writer is not warned!!!

The least you can do is apply rules of PSF uniformily to everyone participating here. If this was done in the first place, we would not have seen all this tamsha here today😊

yes!

and paki might be a racist word or whatever in the UK. it certainly is not the case in the US. but then how is one to know when some pakistanis themselves call themselves paki? 😛

mermaid_QT thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

WHOAH!!

DMers TOTALLY blew this topic out of proportion and all because mittijalebi posted a link to this topic in DM (which i dont appreciate...if u have a problem with a tread in 1 section speak to that section's dev team and dont go around broadcasting it)

1st of all, no1 has the right to come into a discussion in the middle and start criticizing the mod for the way she is handling it. Aji is very experienced and she knows what she is doing. She is actually quite kind for not raising all of your warnings for attacking a mod.

2ndly, if you find the topic offensive, dont participate in the discussion. If u r going to post here just for the sake of fighting and creating an unhealthy environment, DONT POST. I completely agree with everything jk_5 said. There have been MANY DM threads i found offensive. despite having the authority to close them down, i let them run because they were not offensive to others. And let me tell you, we have discussed FAR more controversial and sensitive issues in DM. Just because they were not offensive to you does not mean it did not offend people of other race/religion.

This topic is NOT spreading any form of hatred. People are confused and they need to cool down, drink a glass of cold water, reread the entire thread IN CONTEXT and come back to respond peacefully.

interesting points. i don't think any of these concur with forum rules..

1. Can we prove that DMers blew it out of proportion? 😳 Let us see ratio proportions

2. No where it states that we cannot make a post in the middle of a conversation. if that were true, only 2 posters should be present in each thread 😉

3. If a poster finds any topic offensive, don't come in the middle of it?? Are you serious?? Do the RULES acually allow such a behaviour?? Then why certain topics are not appropriate according to forum rules ? 😛

4. poster making judemental statement about INDIAN movie producers at INDIA-FORUMS.com is not hateful? Not to mention the comment about NEVER WANT TO MARRY HINDU GUY..
oh please.. then I must be very confused 😳.. and would love to understand what spreads peace / hatred 😛..

Luckily, I concur with the point of not making personal attacks, the ONLY valid one imo, Glad to read one point to agree with.
But, while agreeing on it, I notice an attack made at DMers 😆 in the posts.
That also is a personal attack, isn't it? One cannot call a GROUP by names either imho if I understand the forum rule stated above😳.

Edited by mermaid_QT - 17 years ago
~LiL*PrInCeZ~ thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
As far the the term Paki is concerned, that is a debate in itself (which we have had many times in psf as well as other i-f sections). Although i havnt been to UK, from what ive heard it is a very derogitory racial term used agaist all people of south asian descent, not just pakistanis. However, here in the US it is far from a derogitory word (when used by pakistanis to refer to one another). Since Aji is from UK, she considered it a derogitory word and warned the member from using it, I would not have reacted the same way because the word is taken much more lightly here in US. Keeping the difference in interpretation depending on where the person is from, less disregard the issue with the word paki.

regarding tina's comment on never in a million years marrying a hindu guy...well it isnt out of hatred...its more of religious reasons. Notice she didnt say she wouldnt marry an indian...she said she wouldnt marry a hindu. I know hindu-muslims weddings happen but they go against the islamic sharia. In islam, a woman is not allowed to marry a non-muslim as the child takes the father's religion. A man may marry a non-muslim as long as she is from the ahlal-kitab(people of the books) referring to christians and jews. i know you might find this backward or illogical but its wat we believe and you have no right to criticize someone's religion. Similarly, i find some hindu practices illogical but i respect the religion and the people following it. questioning religion is questioning god and regardless of who we worship, none of us has the right to question the higher diety. i know you will say that it is done..yea there are people who dont follow their religion strictly, or pick and choose what they want to follow its their life and let them live. I for one would never marry a non-muslim but i have nothing against marrying an indian guy as long as he is muslim.

mittijalebi, as a dev team member for both dm and psf, i assure you that i have seen far more out-of control debates than this (especially regarding india-pakistan/hindu-muslim). I know no one likes to be criticized. therefore, before pointing fingers at someone, one should make sure they are not doing anything wrong. as far as broadcasting it is concerned...i support inter-section discussions...but u started the thread in DM to get ppl to come here and create an unhealthy environment here. This discussion was undersontrol until someone linked it in ML and members came here attacking the topic and blamng us for hatred, then we got it under control and u linked it in DM and brought forth another group of people claiming its spreading hatred. this topic is simply discussing something and there wasnt any hatred until you all came along proclaiming this is a hatred-filled thread
Angelic_J thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Very well said Javs👏 The views some people find offensive are someone's religious beliefs and NO ONE has the right to point fingers at one's religion😛

Guys PLEASE stop blowing this out pf porportion as I have said before sometimes there are things SOME members find REALLY offensive but they HAVE to get over with it No one was bashing Indians for god's sake MY parents are Indians so I think I would defend if someone said something against my parents😊 Infact I did object when people were attacking Indians😊 Also, if a person said they will never marry a hindu guy is her PERSONAL choice although it might be offensive to some people but who are we to say anything to her???😊 Everyone has their own preferences in real life. I personally say I would never marry out of MY religion and I don't feel nothing wrong in that😳 I agree the way that person posted their post was offensive but why blame everyone else for it? even those who were not being offensive to anyone I used to be a regular poster at DM and I know we have dealt with threads FAR more offensive than this one so why target this specific topic? I was personally attacked by a moderator in DM but nothing was done to that moderator OR the thread so why so much hype with this specific topic? If some members are making bad remarks about Indians then why can't you just press the report button and give your two cents WITHOUT personally attacking specific members? Is that too much to ask for?

Edited by JK_5 - 17 years ago
mermaid_QT thumbnail

regarding tina's comment on never in a million years marrying a hindu guy...well it isnt out of hatred...its more of religious reasons. Notice she didnt say she wouldnt marry an indian...she said she wouldnt marry a hindu. I know hindu-muslims weddings happen but they go against the islamic sharia. In islam, a woman is not allowed to marry a non-muslim as the child takes the father's religion.

haha! and how do you suppose is the EWWWWW... i wud not marry a hindu guy justified? 😳

What's ewww about it? I have amazing Muslim friends who are hands down amazing souls and they never say "Eww " they would not marry Hindu.. They say, according to islam, marriage to a Hindu is not a possibility.

Hatred arises in tone and presentation of a certain sentence imo. The eww is very hurtful and objection-worthy.
mittijalebi thumbnail

i did not create the topic in DM to get ppl to come here. if that was the case i would've just pmd them instead of getting in trouble (like i am now)for doing so. my intention was NOT to create an unhealthy environment here and am actually really insulted for being accused of doing so.

when i first saw this topic and made my comments about being closed. i was told that this topic was not spreading hatred and that i basically out of line to post that. so i was confused and thought that maybe i had overreacted.

so i posted it in DM as a question to everyone. it was each members own personal decision to come here, i did not compel them in any way.

secondly, if this is the second time that this topic has come under scrutiny (from different members) then maybe we need to rethink it.

lastly you guys are the mods and have the power to do what you feel is right and i can't do anything about it.......i can only offer suggestions. i apologize for the heated exchanges that were posted here, but i still stand by my belief that this topic is not right. however, as i've been told to stop posting here if i find it offensive then i will do that.

thanks

Edited by mittijalebi - 17 years ago
mermaid_QT thumbnail

Originally posted by: JK_5

I agree the way that person posted their post was offensive but why blame everyone else for it? even those who were not being offensive to anyone

Following the same rule, I am amazed at a general judgment hurled at DMers.. I know you will see where I come from now :)