Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mermaid_QT thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Originally posted by: JonasBros_me<3

sooo true. I gess the indian cinema thinks it's offensive to themselves if they make muslim?paki girls married to hindu/indians guuys!

Got VEER ZAARA? Pakistani Muslim gal and Hindu man -
I think YashRaj Films is an Indian banner 😳
& Opposite combination- where the guy is Muslim and developes a great tender relationship with a Hindu girl.. - PINJAR..

Love knows no bounds..

I wish Hatred knew some, but does it look like it?

last but not the least, if Indians are so bad and their movies even worse, what are we all doing here @ INDIA-FORUMS by the way😳 😆 ?
Edited by mermaid_QT - 17 years ago
Me_Anonymous thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Someone above said that he would call Vijay and whole of F dev. team then please do so. I havent stopped you from doing that and I won't do in future either!

Secondly, I will reply to you lots posts later, not now but noticed one thing so posting now:

Please don't dig up old posts, if you dig them again, they would only lead to fights and nothing else!

Secondly, NO Chatting, no sarcastic comments in this topic at least. It would only cause fight and nothing else

mini2390 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
firstly, this was a question asked by sumone which is merely reality... so theres no arguing in that... in majority of the films, the girl is always portrayed as a muslim and the guy is always portrayed as a hindu... its a fact, that most of the time the girl is a muslim, y cant the guy be a muslim in a particular film? ... thats wat one tends to wonder ...

yes, everyone has their own choice in reality, no one is asking anyone to change their values and morals at all, no one is stating that indians r bad and indian films r not worth watching... no one is stating y a hindu and muslim shud not marry in reality, its their perception so be it.. but for muslims, whether u agree or not, its morally wrong, now i cant argue y sum ppl do not understand morals, but we mustnt forget that morals and values oif religion r important and morally its wrong, regardless of wat one says or doz! ... we have no control over wat anyone doz in reality... but the fact is that in sum films where theres a muslim and a hindu, the girl is a muslim... but do u guys have an answer to the why part of the question???? ... not really!

if sum of u do not know, then in islam, forget wat ppl do in reality, if we talk about reality then who knows where we will end up... but in islam a girl is not allowed to marry anyone who is not a muslim... for a guy its possible, but then the condition is that the girl from the other religion will have to convert later on... but for girls its an out and out no...

so now, we come back to the original question, y is it that the guy cant ever be a muslim... if one can portray it from one side then y not the other way as well? ... we have no objection over wat producers and directors decide about their films...but isnt it odd that the muslim girl is always shown to sacrifice everything for the sake of love, her religion in particular... which is not something common, it happens once in a blue moon, but NOT IN MAJORITY!...

so thats the only thing sumone wanted to know... if sum ppl stated sumthing offensive, then they were wrong on their part, but i dont consider this as a hatred topic... its merely a question that ponders us as muslims... and mind the fact that indian cinema is global, it portrays things which reach many, and at times wen its about muslims its mostly inaccurate, and being a muslim we cant help but question as to y its always one way and not the other?????????

Edited by mini2390 - 17 years ago
Angelic_J thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Seems like some members are confused here. Indian movies are NOT primarily made for Indian audience in todays times. Haven't you guys seen Indian directors and producers advertising their movies ALL over the world😊 If the indian industry is going to advertise their product outside of India then they need to start keeping some things in mind like will the story of my movie hurt another group, community etc. One of the reasons behind bollywood has gained so much Popularity is all due to it's international viewers. Indian film makers make Billions of money on their movies internationally every year and for your information it's not just the hindu people who watch these movies, there are ALL types of people watching these movies like muslims and sikhs. The motive of this post was not to put down Indians at all I know some members have personally attacked but most of them were just giving their opinions😊 For god's sake there is no need to make soooooooo much cry over something which is the REALITY😊 I am NOT a muslim but even I believe Indian film makers don't have the respect for other religions or cultures. In all of the movies you can see atleast one culture being mocked at😡 it could be Punjabi's, gujrati's, bengali's or anyone My only suggetion to those who have been bashing the mods for keeping this post open is Just because some members feel offended is not enough for a topic to be closed. In case you guys didn't know I was offended in DM MANY times but no one bothered to close the topics because it is only a few people who were bothered. Just like you guys say keep away from movies if you find them hurtful then you guys should keep away from this topic too if you find it offensive😃 This is a forum for Pakistani serials so you shouldn't be interfering😛

BTW I know the people defending India are mostly from the DM section my question to you is one of IF's veteran member raksha.l posted a topic which implies the idea India is a secular state primilarly because of Hindus. There are many people who might object to that but I don't see no muslims or christians or sikhs ganging upon her😳 Here's the link for that debate: https://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=649470

Scorpion I believe you're doing a FINE job so please diregard all this rubbish and keep up with the good work😊

Edited by JK_5 - 17 years ago
mini2390 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
and a point to be noted.... this isnt a question about a pakistani and an indian but a question that brings about the concept of religious beliefs, morals and values!!!!! and majority of the time religions r depicted in a rather opposite way than relaity in various bollywood films... and this question simply relates to that! ...

and lyk JK_5 stated, indian films reach out 2 many ppl, of all kind of beliefs, so everything has 2 be kept in mind or else conflicts do arise!
Edited by mini2390 - 17 years ago
mittijalebi thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: JK_5

Just like you guys say keep away from movies if you find them hurtful then you guys should keep away from this topic too if you find it offensive😃 This is a forum for Pakistani serials so you shouldn't be interfering😛

for your information we are free to post wherever we like. if this forum is for pakistani serials then stick to your discussion about your PAKISTANI serials. no need to bring indians in here and calling our parents evil etc.

if all you were talking about was pakistani serials then no one would have a problem with it.

secondly regarding the post about secular india.......i don't think there is a single negative post made there about muslims. you are free to post there and debate about why you think india is not secular b/c of hindus. 😊

~LiL*PrInCeZ~ thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
WHOAH!!

DMers TOTALLY blew this topic out of proportion and all because mittijalebi posted a link to this topic in DM (which i dont appreciate...if u have a problem with a tread in 1 section speak to that section's dev team and dont go around broadcasting it)

1st of all, no1 has the right to come into a discussion in the middle and start criticizing the mod for the way she is handling it. Aji is very experienced and she knows what she is doing. She is actually quite kind for not raising all of your warnings for attacking a mod.

2ndly, if you find the topic offensive, dont participate in the discussion. If u r going to post here just for the sake of fighting and creating an unhealthy environment, DONT POST. I completely agree with everything jk_5 said. There have been MANY DM threads i found offensive. despite having the authority to close them down, i let them run because they were not offensive to others. And let me tell you, we have discussed FAR more controversial and sensitive issues in DM. Just because they were not offensive to you does not mean it did not offend people of other race/religion.

This topic is NOT spreading any form of hatred. People are confused and they need to cool down, drink a glass of cold water, reread the entire thread IN CONTEXT and come back to respond peacefully.

200467 thumbnail

fwiw, I really did not realize that "paki" was a slang. that too a racial slur. we call all southeast asians "desi", all gujratis "gujju" and sardars "serds" all the time. if i would have known that it is a slur, rest assured, i would not have used it.

Anyways, what do i know yaar...i just said what i saw even pakistanies saying/calling themselves. my pakistani friends in rl always call pakistani shops as paki grocery store or whatever.

Whatever happened to the IF rule of talking to the member first??? seedhey kood ker warning dey dee ...this is not done yaar!!!

Edited by Gauri_3 - 17 years ago
200467 thumbnail

Originally posted by: RedButterfLy

yeahhhhh i knwo right...it usually works this way... I myself have 4 indian friends and all of them have paki boyfriends ... I am not saying they are kam because it could be vice versa.. maybe paki guys dont like paki girls thts y they go after indians... or maybe indian girls dont like indian guys.. i dunno but from my experience it is usually an indian girl with paki guy

scorpion 134 ji, this post is from very first page of this thread...how come this writer is not warned!!!

The least you can do is apply rules of PSF uniformily to everyone participating here. If this was done in the first place, we would not have seen all this tamsha here today😊

Edited by Gauri_3 - 17 years ago
0mega Galaxy thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: scorpion134

I must say your post shows quite a lot about your visits in PSF. Really, you visit PSF nearly everyday that you know a lot about PSF and its dev. team😛😉

I do not visit PSF section quite a lot but I got to know this topic from DM and couldn't control myself to post a reply in this thread because of the digusting comment made by some of the members. And also the way the PSF moderators dealt with this topic was enough for me to make a statement like that.