Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

chatbuster thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

i mean after all this how can a pakistani producer even think of depicting the heroine as a hindu? people will start coming out with fatwas and start calling him a fraud, no? seen what some muslim folks call shahrukh, no? πŸ˜› πŸ˜‰

at least, indian movies dont show the female converting to hinduism. but would something in reverse, where the hindu female does not convert, be allowed to be shown in pakistani movie halls? really? πŸ˜†
Edited by chatbuster - 17 years ago
Me_Anonymous thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: chatbuster

lol. so there's a problem now if a shahrukh khan marries a preity zinta in a filmi world? btw, hasn't he married a hindu girl gauri in real life?πŸ˜› do you have examples of pakistani girls marrying indian guys, no matter how much they might be dying to?πŸ˜‰ from what one hears, do they even get to go much beyond cousins, let alone marry an indian? dont mind, just asking since that's what one hearsπŸ˜‰

btw, there was a simple answer which required no need for jumping to wild conclusionsπŸ˜†

hindi movies are made for indian audiences primarily. the lead actor is the guy around whom movies sell and around most stories revolve, whether its a sharukh khan, an amir khan, a salman khan or some other khan.πŸ˜‰ the actress by herself is usually a wall-flower. now if you were a film producer where you have to put your money in your mouth, would you make pakistani movies with hindus depicted as the heros? really? do you have examples? πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

But then, doesnt that spread hatred? Same questionπŸ˜›

fwiw, india is an open multicultural thriving society. is that the case in pakistan? like, wouldnt there be edicts and fatwas passed as soon as something was shown they didnt like? πŸ˜†

mind u but thats an indirect attack on another religion. So better be careful coz now m going to take every word in each post and analyse it and take action coz members of DM prefer some sort of action like warning or closing topic on each and every word!!!

Secondly, Pakistan is a Muslim country, so showing things like marrying a non-muslim will def. generate a lot of criticism but i dont think Maulwis will give fatwa on that!!!

200467 thumbnail

Originally posted by: JonasBros_me<3

sooo true. I gess the indian cinema thinks it's offensive to themselves if they make muslim?paki girls married to hindu/indians guuys!

chalo...case closedπŸ˜† you are the first one saying that indian cinema is being offensive to themselves.....πŸ˜† your people here got hoarse shouting how offensive indian movies are to you guysπŸ˜†.....make up your mind first about who is offending whoπŸ˜†

200467 thumbnail

Originally posted by: KarotroToo

Jo bhi bola....ekdam sahi bola πŸ‘πŸ‘

and the funny thing is that ki......GM already had closed the topic, but to argue more with our innocent user mittijalebi ....this mod re-opened the thread.....

πŸ˜†πŸ˜† so true.....some moderation hereπŸ˜†

mermaid_QT thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: JonasBros_me<3

sooo true. I gess the indian cinema thinks it's offensive to themselves if they make muslim?paki girls married to hindu/indians guuys!

Got VEER ZAARA? I think YashRaj Films is an Indian banner 😳
Edited by mermaid_QT - 17 years ago
Me_Anonymous thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Gauri_3

πŸ˜†πŸ˜† so true.....some moderation hereπŸ˜†

The topic was closed temporarily, i opened it after it was confirmed that it was close temporarily. If you dont know something, dont comment on it!!!

Btw, one more sarcastic post and that member is gonna get warning PM

Edited by scorpion134 - 17 years ago
Swar_Raj thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: scorpion134

mind u but thats an indirect attack on another religion. So better be careful coz now m going to take every word in each post and analyse it and take action coz members of DM prefer some sort of action like warning or closing topic on each and every word!!!

Secondly, Pakistan is a Muslim country, so showing things like marrying a non-muslim will def. generate a lot of criticism but i dont think Maulwis will give fatwa on that!!!

Soorry it is for Cb, but reading this does not look like attack on religion. It seems an intelligent answer for a dumb question.

If you want a reality, our neighbours in calcutee..two sons..both doctor. Elder boy fall in love with a muslim girl and they both decided to get married . Result, girl's parent killed the boy. and hence girls uncle is in jail and girls is married . Now movie is a form of media. If a boy and girl want to get married. what is the big deal?????? Would sky fall if they get married????

if media is trying to create harmony? then why any question? media is entertainment and at times providing some insight.

In Us few of our muslim friends are very well settled after marriying outside their community. It is not end of the world if you try to seek a partner just as a good person. But saying Eeeeeeeeeek neve r marry a hindu is total absurd. They have same organs as any one else.

200467 thumbnail

oh...now you talk about actions...good...better late than never! Where is the attack there Scorpion??? All I see is an explanation why Indian movies are made the way they are made.

...and our producers really are not making the movies for showings in pakistaan. you guys should put a check on pirated movie dvds there if those movies are so offensive yaar.

why is the critcism here one way only...hindu guy marrying a muslim woman (that too in moviesπŸ˜†).... if in your country there is a problem with muslim guy marrying hindu or some other religion's girl as well then how is that our problem yaar???

as far as maulvies and fatwas.....less said about them, better it would be.

Edited by Gauri_3 - 17 years ago

Word Count: 1

Swar_Raj thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

The topic was closed temporarily, i opened it after it was confirmed that it was close temporarily. If you dont know something, dont comment on it!!!

Btw, one more sarcastic post and that member is gonna get warning PM

πŸ˜•πŸ˜• because truth is being said πŸ˜•

chatbuster thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

mind u but thats an indirect attack on another religion.

no it's not. it's a question asked in relation to movie making. why expect indian film producers to make movies that will lose money when the pakistani producer cannot even get a similar story in reverse passed by the religious boards?πŸ˜†πŸ˜‰

So better be careful

is this some kind of threat? dont know whether to report since cant be sure if it isπŸ˜‰

coz now m going to take every word in each post and analyse it

by all means. go for it. after all, we all like our posts to be read by othersπŸ˜›

and take action coz members of DM prefer some sort of action like warning or closing topic on each and every word!!!

hope this is not an attack on other members from India Forums?πŸ˜‰

oh really?πŸ˜† in any case, i was simply asking a question there. πŸ˜‰and you do have a wonderful justification. i mean things cant be allowed in pakistan because it is a muslim county. and it should be allowed in india. wonder if the standards are the same hereπŸ˜†