Why "PAKISTAN" now......?!?!?

TiN24 thumbnail
Anniversary 20 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

I have been noticing that lately alot of people have been posting topics abt things going on and happening in Pakistan and how its affecting our culture/religion in a negative way.

I agree with what everyone has to say abt how the country is deteriorating and becoming corrupted with haram things. My question is simple, after everything that has happened (gay marriages, women dressing vulgar, boys and girls going out dating in public, kissing in films, etc) WHY DOES PAKISTAN REFER TO ITSELF AS "THE ISLAMIC REPUBLIC"?

And if they do, then why call urself "PAK"istan? its derived from the word "pak" which means, pure and holy. Yet you have shameful things going on in a so-called "islamic and pak" country?

In my opinion, either stop these shameful acts or stop calling urself an Islamic replublic.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ajnabi143 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Yeah I totally agree with you... I don't know why pakistani people is doing all that...it drives me crazy
atifaslam thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
the idea behind an "islamic republic" is to give the inhabitinats if the islamic country the right and freedom to practice islam. for example in india slaying cows is banned whereas in a muslim country there is no such rule so the idea is to be able to freely and openly practice islam in the society without any other ideals to bogg you down.
weather somebody is pak in pakistan is entirely there own business so no point in commenting on why there are provocative clothes, and all the thingsyou mentioned yadi yadi yada.
because one main point is that no one can enforce islamic laws on you if you do not want to follow it and similarly people in pakistan that dont want to lead an islamic life are most welcome to practice whatever they want both religiously (because they cannot be forced by religious influences) and legally