*Fiza* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
Lux Style Awards 07
LSA Buzz
There's no business like show business

It's that time of the year again. The entire flock of Pakistan's superstars is ready to spread its wings and soar out to Malaysia for the sixth annual Lux Style Awards. As always, it's a high time, whether you talk about 'Highlands', hype or high currents, though the under currents aren't to be ignored either. And amidst the flood of kisses that stopped mid air and the shutterbugs that created a frenzy after every pair of high heels walking down the red carpet, the Press Conference was buzzing with life. There were a million questions to be answered and interestingly, whether fashion nominations or program details, the LSA team managed to keep a lid on its safely guarded secrets. "We'll keep it a surprise," said Freiha Altaf when asked about this year's show. And so, unable to contain themselves, the Chinese whispers began…Would Reema be performing with Nirma? Which designers would be favoured on the coveted red carpet? Would Shan be hosting the event for a third time in a row? Would Ali Zafar and Atif Aslam be performing their new numbers…and here's what Instep Today picked up on from the crackling energy…

Glowing pink: The face of Lux, Reema Khan was another big name at the press conference with photographers capturing her every moment as she strutted around from one end to the other end of the room. Dressed in all white, a radiant looking Reema revealed to Instep Today that she 'is' performing at the LSAs this year. "Last year I wasn't satisfied by my performance. This year, it will be something spectacular," she said. When asked why it was not up to the mark, she said, "I just wanted something different." Reema, is also appearing in Ali Zafar's next video, that has been shot in Malaysia. She spoke highly of wonder boy Ali Z and director Saqib Malik, whom she has worked with on a number of occasions. "It was very enjoyable. I had the opportunity of working side by side with my colleague Meera and the beautiful Aaminah Haq as well as Aliwho is such a good singer." Reema also has another film up her sleeve. Although very keen on keeping the film out of the limelight for sometime, she did reveal that it would reunite her and actor Shaan after almost a decade. Until then, you can certainly catch Reema at the LSAs!

Star power at its peak: A nominee for Best Music Album, Ali Zafar seemed more like a movie star than a musician at the LSA press conference. With media in an obvious frenzy, trying to get a 'newsbyte' from him, Ali Zafar was surrounded by cameraman and anchors, rotating between answering questions and meeting and greeting friends in the industry. In town for a few days, Ali was quite happy as he was on his way to see the first edit of his upcoming video that features Reema, Meera and Aaminah Haq. According to him, "It is the biggest video in Pakistan." As it turns out, this video is sponsored by Lux and as Ali puts it laughingly, "I'm the Lux man." While he did not reveal if he would be performing at the awards, our guess is that he probably will. Unfortunately we can also say that he won't feature in an ad in a hot tub with the Lux girls!

Vinnie turned up for the press conference in a Karma for V9 frock worn over trousers. "I've put on weight and for the first time in ten years I couldn't fit into my jeans. I had nothing else to wear," she exclaimed. Call it an extra few pounds or prosperity, it sure suited Vinnie who glowed through the event nevertheless.

"I don't want to say everything now… I'll save my comments for the LSA red carpet," was what Deepak Perwani (left) said when asked how he would be involved in this year's program.

"No one told me there would be a red carpet!" exclaimed Tapu (far right) as he walked in wearing casual jeans and a rugged T-shirt. But we'd be talking on behalf of every woman if we said that despite the casual look, Tapu was undoubtedly the most glamorous man to walk in.

Elusive presence: Nirma was the face of Lux two years ago, but quietly disappeared after a falling out with the LSA. Apparently, after repeatedly showing up late for rehearsals, LSA was forced to replace Nirma at the last minute with Meera. So now, after two years out of the LSA limelight, it was only natural that antennae were up when Nirma showed up at the press conference. When questioned about her role in the LSA 2007, her elusive response was that she was performing and presenting, but there is a bigger surprise in store for people, which would only be revealed the night of the LSA's! She also made it very clear that despite the fact that she is working in a few Bollywood projects, she is keen on being a prominent presence in the Pakistani industry.

"Instep Today is brilliant! There is no other paper quite like it" exclaimed Kamiar Rokhni of Karma, who along with his designing partner, Maheen Kardar had flown in for the press conference. Thank you, Kami!

It was the young band Raeth (L to R: Farabi Hasan and Wajhi Farooqui) who couldn't stop smiling. They have picked up their first LSA nomination for Best Music Album and it was more than what they were expecting. "We worked very hard and tried our best but this nomination was so unexpected," exclaimed Wajhi.

"Yes I guess I am on board," smiled Nabila (right), already exhausted by pre-empting the roller coaster ride she is up for. But she knows that no-one else can do it the way she can and the challenge makes it worth her time!
Meanwhile Ashim Sen (left) who had flown in from India for the press conference, missed Babra Sharif and Meera. A self professed 'filmi aadmi' he loves our Lollywood divas!

Humayun's boyish good looks were a magnet for those around him. After a comical attempt at hiding his face and sheepish grin, Humayun said about his latest film, Main Ek Din Laut Ke Aaonga that while there were bits in the movie he was not proud of, overall he was happy with the results of the film.

Drumming up a storm: Front man of Overload, Farhad Humayun had flown in from Lahore especially for the press conference. Carrying the video of 'Dhamaal' in his bag, which is slated for a release in the coming days. Farhad was quite happy being there although he is skeptical about winning Best Live Act this year. "We won last year. I really doubt we'll win it this year," he said. Tight-lipped about performing, he said, "We are talking at this point. If they let us perform live, then everyone will fly off to Malaysia including Goonga Saeen. Otherwise, it'll be me, Shiraz and Hasan who will attend." Farhad revealed that Overload has started work on the second album, which will feature two vocalists, on a few tracks.

Nomi Ansari has been a nominee for the past three years but he still has not won an LSA. "It's like I was born with this fate," he laughed. "I will be nominated year after year after year….of course I'll be nominated but I know I won't win. Can't break the record, can I?" Just for being such a good sport, we do wish he does! Meanwhile "Why would I disappear?" replied Tooba when asked where she had vanished to. "I've been in New York shooting for several serials and programs but I'm back now." Following in Iman's and Vinny footsteps, Tooba is all set to be a telly queen.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

amy22 thumbnail
Thanks a lot. I didn't read the whole thing, just had a look at the pic. Thanks for sharing.

Question: Why are Vaneeza and this designer guy standing so close to each other? Do think it's Hollywood? *cheap-and-absolutely-third-class*
mini2390 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: amy22

Thanks a lot. I didn't read the whole thing, just had a look at the pic. Thanks for sharing.

Question: Why are Vaneeza and this designer guy standing so close to each other? Do think it's Hollywood? *cheap-and-absolutely-third-class*

i was wondering the exact same thing! they r standing really close to each other! 😕

aisha92 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: mini2390

i was wondering the exact same thing! they r standing really close to each other! 😕

its nuthin new yaar.......pak main toh sab ab bohut 'tarakki' kar chukke hai na? 😉😆

wt more shall i say...........
amy22 thumbnail

Originally posted by: aisha92

its nuthin new yaar.......pak main toh sab ab bohut 'tarakki' kar chukke hai na? 😉😆

wt more shall i say...........

Haha... yes. They also want to be a part of the cooler side of the world. Seriously, why can't they be a little more original?

jenein-kaista@h thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Hahah wow amayun said is so cutee 😉 😉
Dilla40 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Yeah why cant the Pakistanis and Indians be more
original, why imitate the west 😡