Salman Ahmed teaches Islamic music

*Fiza* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
Salman Ahmed teaches Islamic music
If there is one musician who is really going places, it is definitely Salman Ahmed. After a recent successful gig in Delhi – a charity gig – Salman is flown off to Oxford to perform at the Skoll foundation annual awards. The biggest news, however, is that Salman Ahmed is teaching at Queens College in New York. For the spring semester, Salman Ahmed has a class of almost 50 students from US, Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, Korea, Russia and Albania. "I'm highlighting the richness of Muslim music and poetry, both traditional and contemporary so that my students can have a better understanding of the Muslim world," said Salman speaking to Instep. And that's not all. According to Salman, at a recent trip to Los Angeles, he was approached by Dave Stewart (Eurythmics) to record a green peace song. "I sang on it with Annie lennox and Sarah McLaughlin and also played guitar," said Salman. Watch this space for more on the many ventures of Salman Ahmed.
Edited by Fiza_87 - 17 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

*Fiza* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
we are so proud of u salman! 😳
noorejahaan thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
what's the course he's teaching? is the name of it.."islamic music?"..and is he teaching the playing of instruments, or singing, or history, or what? 😕 lol cuz i don't think all of those things would fit into one course.. 😉
Edited by Noor_64 - 17 years ago
RedButterfLy thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
O MY GOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!! r u serious???? Queens college is like 10 minutess walk from my house.. and I am a CUNY student as well.. wht spring semester was this?? I want to take tht class!!! 😃 😃
cutie_zayma thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
this is the same guy who goes it says in islam that it is not gunnah to play music????? i am not sue he looks familiar 😕
nyzbabiigurl thumbnail
Red Butterfly....you are a CUNY student?....which college?...yea i live 10 minz away from QC as well...salam ahmed did a concert thing with another singer....my friends and i went to see...its really cool...and he taught this class the spring semester that ended last week :( ...i found out too late too...or else i would have take it myself