"I don't want to look like a woman" Atif

*Fiza* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
"I don't want to look like a woman."– Atif Aslam speaks out ...
Q:-When can we expect your next album, Hungami Halaat to be released?
Atif Aslam: I want Doorie to die down before releasing the next album. It's still going so strong, especially after the last video Ehsaas was released. But I'm working on HH. It's not a typical pop album and will be more like Jalpari. I'm already working on the first video with Bilal Lashari. It's fantastically done and will be a role model for the youth of Pakistan.

Q:-Will you be releasing any more videos from Doorie?
AA: I don't think so. But 'Ehsaas' was a great experience. We shot the video in Mauritius and I think the photography was done in an excellent way. It brilliantly depicted what was happening in the song. 'Ehsaas' should wrap up Doorie perfectly.

Q:-Talking about your videos, many of your fans have objected to the fact that the models used look so much older than you?
AA: (laughs) Look, when I decided to go global and signed up with an Indian company to do my videos, I realized they would be doing the model selection and all. The girls, the hearts at the end of the Doorie remix, the chains and the hugs at the end of 'Doorie' and 'Hum Kis Gali Ja Rahe Hain' – which by the way I am totally uncomfortable doing – were not my call. I just wanted to reach out to the youth and I guess that's how they do it in India. But the first video of Hungami Halaat is being shot in Pakistan and you'll notice the difference.

Q:-You've also been resisting going to a professional stylist for a 'look' as so many of your contemporaries have done. Why is that?
AA: (laughs again) I don't believe in stylists. I'm not saying that I'm incredibly handsome or anything but I still want to look like myself. And the grunge look that I'm sporting these days doesn't require much styling anyway. Plus, I don't want Tariq Amin or any other stylist say that they or their styling has made me the star that I am, as Tariq Amin has kept saying about Ali Zafar.

Putting yourself in the hands of a stylist is a risk. For one, my music is global and there's nothing a stylist here can do to keep reinventing my look creatively. I'd rather be original. Secondly, they tend to make you look effeminate here. Look at the shot where Ali Zafar is dancing with the girl in the 'Sajania' video. Yaar, I don't want that happening to me.
People have been criticizing my dress sense for ages; I remember the time when they objected to my shirts and ties but I'm cool with it. The very people who criticized me, especially a certain fashion designer in Karachi who even has his own TV show now, are the one's who are inspired by me today. The kind of clothes I used to wear is what they're designing now.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

camila thumbnail
thanks 4 sharing... 😊 ..u kno what fiza i think ur a big fan of atif aslam....cuz u have alots of information of him...lol..anways thankx alot. 😉
*Fiza* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: camila

thanks 4 sharing... 😊 ..u kno what fiza i think ur a big fan of atif aslam....cuz u have alots of information of him...lol..anways thankx alot. 😉

oh yeah!! u ryte......... i love atif and ali........i think they are the best gudluking singers of pak pop industry.....😳

alisha_jalpari thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
WOW!..... I live it!..... I can tell that atif is a great person........
he is the best
mariam_90 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
thanks..but can u plz post it in here too..thanks again!

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/444773
Rim_ thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
awww...hes sooo sweeeet! 😳 😳 😳

thankz fiza!