biatchali thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

hey peeps

there has been a post regarding islam and i as typing a reply noticed that it was mentioned that the younger broter never knew urdu and aksed for pizza rather den biryani 4 lunch...but is that not a cultural pakistani thing?????rather then a piece of islam...

A thing that really bothers me is in the uk i c dis plenty im nt sure about other countries...but alot of parents allow thier daughters 2 wear trousers and tops and if they wear salwar kameez to wear there scarfs around thier necks rather then on thier heads...but then these are the same parents who force these very daughters in2 marriage...and they say its allowed in Islam...but islam says dnt force ure kids in2 marriage but do make them cover up....

im a pakistani muslim and i have cum across plenty of situations in which cultural ways are sought rather then religios ways...and its awful...im nt saying do not 4get where u came frm and jus b a muslim but look in2 the facts of the quran and hadiths rather then the local pakistani governer....

i mean no offence to any1 with this post😊

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Qnz_diva thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I agree with you. Some parents tell their daughters to wear scarf while wearing jeans but they allow their daughters to not wear scarf with salwar kameez. πŸ˜•

You are right. In Islam forcing your children to marry some one is probihted. In Islam children have a right to decide who to marry or not. They have to listen to parents but if the guy/girl is not suitable for them then they have a right to say No.

Some times pakistani parents follow traditinal ways intead of islamic ways. Our Religion is beautiful and peaceful but some ppl do wrong things in the name of Islam which aren't mentioned and Quran and are probihited.
SAIRAH123 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

^^^^^ agree wit u both

Edited by SAIRAH123 - 17 years ago
XxShahJxX thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Agree also... its so funny how that works and it needs to stop! Culture & Religion are two different things and ppl need to realize that. It goes to show you that we still (until this day) follow the Hindustani tradition and act like we can make it part of Islam which is wrong! For Example, Honor Killings!! - it is not sunnah to go around and assuming and killing an innocent person.. .. and yet we paki muslims follow it.. & claim it to be part of Islam!! 😑 Being Paksitani is one thing and being a Muslim person is one thing, even though Islam is our religion and it's our guide to life, it still differs from culture. Believe it or not, alot of our culture comes from the Indian culture & that's where tradition makes its way interferring with religion. Any ethnic group can be a Muslim, but their culture is always going to be different, whether it be black, European, or desi. So, I completely understand what you mean by that and I agree.

Qnz Diva I agree with you.. no person should be forced into marriage, afterall it is their life and they will have to live it. Anything that is forced is always wrong. & as far as covering your head with dupatta, that is also something that is done within, & shouldnt be forced. When a young lady decides to wear hijab, she shouldnt do it becuz she was pressured into doing it, she should do it because she's feels that its right in her heart and she made her decision to it.. like I mentioned before, anything forced can lead to bigger problems and the person doing something worse. So basically wearing a scarf on your head doesnt fix problems, becuz u can still be sinning regardless.. u should rather be who are infront of ppl rather than hiding it & pretending. Allah sees you anywhere!! πŸ˜‰

Hope I didnt offend anyone.. 😳
Edited by XxShahJxX - 17 years ago
tumhari? thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
i love the paki culture. and my religion is rellay close to me too i wear a hijab on jeans and salwarkameez and my parents never forced me into any thing they let me make the choice in life like i choose to wear hijab. in pakistan people have alot of tradotion thatare from the hindu culture and they really are not part of islam as assumed by many.so all that i know is that religion and culture are two different things
πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜ƒ
JonasBros_me<3 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Wow u guys r really getting emotional. JK. I like tht u guys c culture n religion from diferent views n i like th!!
JattiTude thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: XxShahJxX

Agree also... its so funny how that works and it needs to stop! Culture & Religion are two different things and ppl need to realize that. It goes to show you that we still (until this day) follow the Hindustani tradition and act like we can make it part of Islam which is wrong! For Example, Honor Killings!! - it is not sunnah to go around and assuming and killing an innocent person.. originally this is a hindu tradition.. and yet we paki muslims follow it.. & claim it to be part of Islam!! 😑 Being Paksitani is one thing and being a Muslim person is one thing, even though Islam is our religion and it's our guide to life, it still differs from culture. Believe it or not, alot of our culture comes from the Indian culture & that's where tradition makes its way interferring with religion. Any ethnic group can be a Muslim, but their culture is always going to be different, whether it be black, European, or desi. So, I completely understand what you mean by that and I agree.

Qnz Diva I agree with you.. no person should be forced into marriage, afterall it is their life and they will have to live it. Anything that is forced is always wrong. & as far as covering your head with dupatta, that is also something that is done within, & shouldnt be forced. When a young lady decides to wear hijab, she shouldnt do it becuz she was pressured into doing it, she should do it because she's feels that its right in her heart and she made her decision to it.. like I mentioned before, anything forced can lead to bigger problems and the person doing something worse. So basically wearing a scarf on your head doesnt fix problems, becuz u can still be sinning regardless.. u should rather be who are infront of ppl rather than hiding it & pretending. Allah sees you anywhere!! πŸ˜‰

Hope I didnt offend anyone.. 😳

hi... i am not a hindu, i am a sikh.... but i do know that HONOR KILLINGS are not hindu traditions. just as you are mentioning that religion and culture are different things... honor killing is also a tradition of the society.... not a religion... no religion teaches killing someone for some stupid reason.... no religion at all. i know you are trying to explain teh difference between culture and religion (islam), but do not put it on other religions.... once again.... these honor killings etc could be a cultural or society traditions....... but not a part of hinduism/sikhism/islam/christianity/jewish/budhism......

XxShahJxX thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: sonu98

hi... i am not a hindu, i am a sikh.... but i do know that HONOR KILLINGS are not hindu traditions. just as you are mentioning that religion and culture are different things... honor killing is also a tradition of the society.... not a religion... no religion teaches killing someone for some stupid reason.... no religion at all. i know you are trying to explain teh difference between culture and religion (islam), but do not put it on other religions.... once again.... these honor killings etc could be a cultural or society traditions....... but not a part of hinduism/sikhism/islam/christianity/jewish/budhism......

Hi jaan! Yes, u are right.. 😳it is more tradional practices rather than religious and Paki/Indians still do it.. I understand what ur are saying and it's true. Somtimes muslims will make up stuff and act like its' a part of Islam when its' not. I was really just trying to say that...πŸ˜ƒ - thnx!

RedButterfLy thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I so completely agree with u!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
KKAA thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH YU...AND SAME IZ HAPPENING TO ME...MY PAREENTZ HAVE FORCE ME TO WEAR SCARF ON TOP OF JEANS.....AND I DONT WEAR IT WEN I WEAR SHALWAR KAMEEZ......Y DO PARRENTS FORCE US TO DO THT....I MEAN WEN WELL GET OLDER OR GET MERRIED WE CAN WEAR IT...IM NOT SAYING YU SHDNT...BUT *SIGH*....I DUDNO πŸ˜•