Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

anshvi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 7 hours ago

Originally posted by: unicornhugs

Mein wasn’t a romance at all so his last one wasn’t the same. Honestly he’s good at romance and portrays it so differently depending on the character. But yes, he is capable of portraying a variety of roles. I would love him to do a comedy again because he is so good at it. It’s rare to be strong in both comedic and intense roles.

What is he doing next btw? I can’t imagine he isn’t signed on for something

The role wasn't anything new or unique ! In that sense it wasn't out of the box. No idea what's his next project. Hopefully something really good.

unicornhugs thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: anshvi

That is true. It's a love story ..one sided or not only time will tell ...but at the core it's a love stroy from Bilal's pov and Sadaf is the one he loves...like in Ae Dil Hai Mushkil, Anushka's equation with Ranbir was the core of the movie and story was from Ranbir's lens....Fawad was there too but then the story was about Ranbir and Anushka...same way SMD is about Bilal's love for Sadaf...their relationship is the core while the other actors are catalysts in their story

I’m hoping the rest just serve as catalysts.

TBH, I don’t want to get into this Maya vs. Hira thing and who looks better with him Wahaj. If people are appreciating either couple then it’s a good thing. Having on screen chemistry even with someone they’re not meant to be with makes for good television. Quite honestly I’m in this for Wahaj and I’ve waited so long for his return so that’s my main focus. Obviously I don’t like it when Maya gets unnecessary hate because she doesn’t deserve that and I’ve always noticed that hate spills over to Wahaj too. I hope that dies down with time.

Story wise though, I’m rooting for Bilal and Sadaf because they have established that Bilal has an undying love for Sadaf. For this reason, I want her to reciprocate and for them to be end game. I want the rest of the characters to serve as nothing more than catalysts or hurdles for their love story. It’s kind of what they promised us from the teasers so I hope they don’t disappoint.

unicornhugs thumbnail

The role wasn't anything new or unique ! In that sense it wasn't out of the box. No idea what's his next project. Hopefully something really good.

His role was kind of nonexistent tbh. I kept waiting for his POV and never got it. Not saying it was an amazing role but just stating that it was one of a romantic hero.
anshvi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: unicornhugs

His role was kind of nonexistent tbh. I kept waiting for his POV and never got it. Not saying it was an amazing role but just stating that it was one of a romantic hero.

Like I said it might not have been romantic but he was guy in love with Azekah and married to another woman and trying to navigate through. He was in love with Azekah's character..it was about love and marriage and all that....it wasn't something different like a cop or a rugged Desi guy etc.

Yup, role had nothing to offer !

unicornhugs thumbnail

I am not talking about a few wanting him to do different roles...I myself want him to opt for something completely out of the box after SMD as his next project....I don't even mind the skepticism for the show or the characters etc coz even I don't want this to be another KANK...constructive criticism is not an issue at all for me tbh! I didn't like Mein and I was vocal about it...being an admirer of an actor doesn't mean one has to appreciate him always!

I am talking about the targeted hate towards him where people are deliberately are tweeting how only Hira and Usama are acting well and Wahaj has forgotten how to act...how his voice modulation has become poor.. how he suddenly a terrible actor simply coz he is doing SMD and paired with Maya..constructive criticism is one thing but targeted and forced Negativity is another. An unbiased person will know how good Wahaj is as an actor !!!!

This to me is just silly. I could understand criticism for Mein because he was mostly relegated to the background. I felt he did justice to his character there but can understand the criticism. Here though, his voice, look and mannerisms are all on point. His strong acting skills are shining through in just the teasers. It’s definitely forced negativity
unicornhugs thumbnail

Like I said it might not have been romantic but he was guy in love with Azekah and married to another woman and trying to navigate through. He was in love with Azekah's character..it was about love and marriage and all that....it wasn't something different like a cop or a rugged Desi guy etc.

Yup, role had nothing to offer !

But he was never even passionately in love with Ayra. He would say lines like love isn’t the most important thing, or admit later on that he doesn’t even know if he loves Ayra anymore. I felt Mein was not about love at all, just clashing egos and I think that was the point. But yes, not a role worthy of someone with Wahaj’s talent.
unicornhugs thumbnail

Originally posted by: tgota92

Sab imagine kar raha hai. Dialogue self-explanatory hai "Mohabbat mein maan lete hain ke koi hai aur uss ke ilawa koi nahin hai." Maybe thats the point of the alcohol. To make him see stuff that isn't there 😂

About that particular scene: Don't know. She's bending over Ammar, all worried and lovingly in the same clothes while Bilal just watches in despair. That scene with the shawl? Bilal and Sadaf are wearing the same clothes. He seems to be wearing a shawl over his white jacket.

Maybe, I’m having a hard time figuring out what is reality and what is in Bilal’s head. I hope we get some scenes where she reciprocates his love
NutellaWaffle thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 10 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 6 hours ago

Very excited to see sunn mere dil after literally waiting for 10 months. Can’t believe it will be started in a week or two smiley40smiley41 seeing mahaj in two episodes in a week smiley42 besties are coming to rock again second time smiley10 how I’m wishing they should do a movie smiley17

SwatiSingh79 thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Wahaj Ali

Posted: 5 hours ago

Originally posted by: NutellaWaffle

Very excited to see sunn mere dil after literally waiting for 10 months. Can’t believe it will be started in a week or two smiley40smiley41 seeing mahaj in two episodes in a week smiley42 besties are coming to rock again second time smiley10 how I’m wishing they should do a movie smiley17

Behna

Please share everything you know in DM or here

anu41982 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 hours ago

Hi all! New to this forumsmiley1

There are quite a bit of predictions going on here – very interesting! It seems that you guys have been busy predicting all the possible story lines for this ‘love pentagon’. smiley1I am going to steer clear of any prediction but wanted to say few things about the teasers.

Apart from the fact that all the frames used in the teasers are aesthetically pleasing, it seems that the makers are quite aware of their game! Especially, the way teasers were lined up is quite interesting.

The first three teasers, though they may seem a bit repetitive, were heavily from Bilal’s perspective. All his dialogues/ monologues (including the ones used in teaser 4) are included as voice overs – we neither see him saying those dialogues nor the recipient of those. It works mighty fine with me, because Wahaj’s voice modulation is on point and even without the visuals, you cannot miss the feelings behind them. The lines in his voice are heart-rendingly exquisite!

I love the last line of each of the first three teasers, just before they play the OST – also, I thought that this last line of teaser kind of gives the flavour of each teaser; first one –much gentle and resigned statement, second one – from a depressed and frustrated lover and third one – coming from a somewhat desperate lover!

Fourth teaser is beautifully dedicated more for the ensemble cast – the thumbnail itself is a giveaway. Except for Bilal’s lines (and one of Usama’s lines), with all other lines there are glimpses of who is saying it and to whom. Usama’s (his name is Ammar, right?) voice over is clean, because he takes Sadaf’s name, so even though it is not shown, we know to whom he says this.

The most interesting part of all these teasers is that they don’t reveal anything about Sadaf’s perspective – I think they have cleverly made sure that whatever she says (and whenever she was shown saying those lines), to whom those lines are said is concealed. Not sure there will be anything in the coming teasers/trailers to reveal her perspective, but I think the suspense kind of work well here. Have to wait and see what comes next, meanwhile I am going to enjoy all the predictions here!smiley42smiley41

And Oh..! they didn’t use any chorus/ verse of the OST in the last teaser, only the background music (So, the OST is solely in the lines of ‘Bilal Abdullah ne aapse ishq kiya hainsmiley2).