Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BeingBlunt thumbnail
Posted: 1 months ago

Originally posted by: Minionite

For those who have played NY Times games before, this game would be no surprise. For the rest of you, surprise! smiley36

NY Times typically provides 16 words and you have to find 4 words that look like they have a common theme and "connect" them. The themes can be anything from social media sites to homophones of bands.

I have adjusted the game slightly to give you 9 words with 3 words having a common theme. To make it more fun, you will only get 5 mini-rounds, but they will increase in difficulty. Accordingly the points will also increase as you solve each one.

If you solve the first one fully and correctly, you will get 3 points. For the second one that increases to 5 points, then 7 points for the third one, 9 points for the fourth one, and 11 points for the fifth one. You can also get 1 bonus point for each theme you guess. This means that for each question you can get up to 3 bonus points.

There are no negative markings this round. You need to solve all 3 connections in each mini-round to win any points for that mini-round.

As an example, let's suppose the words you get are the following:

Shreya, swimming, drama, boxing, Minakshi, mystery, romance, Devashree, soccer

Then the answer would be:

Shreya, Minakshi, Devashree
swimming, boxing, soccer
drama, mystery, romance

This would get you 3 points. But if you give me the themes of 1 or more of these then you would get another 3 points (in order: CMs, sports, genres). Now suppose you mix up 2 words and do this instead:

swimming, mystery, soccer
drama, boxing, romance

For this you would get 0 points. But you can still earn 3 bonus points if you guess the correct themes.

Now without further ado, here are the mini-rounds you have to solve. You have until Aug 18th 11:59 PM IST to solve these.

1) Red, blue, yellow, word, hip hop, excel, jazz, classical, powerpoint

2) Option, boot, file, shift, loafer, history, return, pump, window

3) Snow, sleet, blue, low, fly, hail, down, button, pocket

4) Are, mom, carrot, queue, level, hurts, kayak, sea, jewel

5) Fool, people, magician, deputy, lovers, time, pencil, essence, silver medal

This is tough round. Jyada points nahi milega. But it's a good game. smiley32You sure it's loafer in no 2 and not Loader.
Minionite thumbnail

Originally posted by: BeingBlunt

This is tough round. Jyada points nahi milega. But it's a good game. smiley32You sure it's loafer in no 2 and not Loader.

Yep it's loafer. Just checked my answers. smiley36

DevilHere thumbnail
Atrangi re Season 2 Participant 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9

For those who have played NY Times games before, this game would be no surprise. For the rest of you, surprise! smiley36

NY Times typically provides 16 words and you have to find 4 words that look like they have a common theme and "connect" them. The themes can be anything from social media sites to homophones of bands.

I have adjusted the game slightly to give you 9 words with 3 words having a common theme. To make it more fun, you will only get 5 mini-rounds, but they will increase in difficulty. Accordingly the points will also increase as you solve each one.

If you solve the first one fully and correctly, you will get 3 points. For the second one that increases to 5 points, then 7 points for the third one, 9 points for the fourth one, and 11 points for the fifth one. You can also get 1 bonus point for each theme you guess. This means that for each question you can get up to 3 bonus points.

There are no negative markings this round. You need to solve all 3 connections in each mini-round to win any points for that mini-round.

As an example, let's suppose the words you get are the following:

Shreya, swimming, drama, boxing, Minakshi, mystery, romance, Devashree, soccer

Then the answer would be:

swimming, boxing, soccer
drama, mystery, romance

This would get you 3 points. But if you give me the themes of 1 or more of these then you would get another 3 points (in order: CMs, sports, genres). Now suppose you mix up 2 words and do this instead:

swimming, mystery, soccer
drama, boxing, romance

For this you would get 0 points. But you can still earn 3 bonus points if you guess the correct themes.

Now without further ado, here are the mini-rounds you have to solve. You have until Aug 18th 11:59 PM IST to solve these.

1) Red, blue, yellow, word, hip hop, excel, jazz, classical, powerpoint

2) Option, boot, file, shift, loafer, history, return, pump, window

3) Snow, sleet, blue, low, fly, hail, down, button, pocket

4) Are, mom, carrot, queue, level, hurts, kayak, sea, jewel

5) Fool, people, magician, deputy, lovers, time, pencil, essence, silver medal

Come on Shreya you are more evil than this smiley15

DevilHere thumbnail

That too! smiley37

Damn 4 word limit....

Even mods hate the word limit . I thought people had made their peace and i was the only one sulking

SoniRita thumbnail

Yay all correct. ADrug hit me after half n hr of working on it. Also, first time i sent it on same day smiley36 it was fun.

Havent seen round 2 yet

DevilHere thumbnail

Originally posted by: RainOfDew

7-8 ques i didnt had to googlesmiley16

Yep i hv watched the show

solely relied on fandom wiki trivia section pretty much had all answers

Edited by DevilHere - 1 months ago
heavenlybliss thumbnail

I love throwing a few curveballs always. Hinna was like why such an easy round. Cause I always start easy and then make you cry later on. smiley37

Tauba maine kab bola yeh...stop spreading fake news like Gossipstv on Twittersmiley24

WildestDreams thumbnail

Dekh lo. Aa gayi aur post kar diya. Sab ke sab agar last minute tak bhejenge answers toh yehi hoga. smiley37

Connections solved but I will send my answers at last minute like today😎
Queen0fDarkness thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 7 0 Thumbnail + 8

Oh, I was right about Q19! Surprised, so glad I settled for the simpleton. 😂

My brain is hurting seeing the second round 😭🤣 I’m sure I lost some of my brain cells squinting so hard into my phone screen 😂😂 Especially reading the 4th and 5th mini rounds. I think the 1-3 is okayish, may lose some points with the themes guessing 😂

Bee222 thumbnail

I just read the round 3 times trying to understand it. I still don't think I've understood 100% smiley37smiley39

Edited by Bee222 - 1 months ago