Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Minionite thumbnail
Posted: 1 months ago

For those who have played NY Times games before, this game would be no surprise. For the rest of you, surprise! smiley36

NY Times typically provides 16 words and you have to find 4 words that look like they have a common theme and "connect" them. The themes can be anything from social media sites to homophones of bands.

I have adjusted the game slightly to give you 9 words with 3 words having a common theme. To make it more fun, you will only get 5 mini-rounds, but they will increase in difficulty. Accordingly the points will also increase as you solve each one.

If you solve the first one fully and correctly, you will get 3 points. For the second one that increases to 5 points, then 7 points for the third one, 9 points for the fourth one, and 11 points for the fifth one. You can also get 1 bonus point for each theme you guess. This means that for each question you can get up to 3 bonus points.

There are no negative markings this round. You need to solve all 3 connections in each mini-round to win any points for that mini-round.

As an example, let's suppose the words you get are the following:

Shreya, swimming, drama, boxing, Minakshi, mystery, romance, Devashree, soccer

Then the answer would be:

Shreya, Minakshi, Devashree
swimming, boxing, soccer
drama, mystery, romance

This would get you 3 points. But if you give me the themes of 1 or more of these then you would get another 3 points (in order: CMs, sports, genres). Now suppose you mix up 2 words and do this instead:

Shreya, Minakshi, Devashree
swimming, mystery, soccer
drama, boxing, romance

For this you would get 0 points. But you can still earn 3 bonus points if you guess the correct themes.

Now without further ado, here are the mini-rounds you have to solve. You have until Aug 18th 11:59 PM IST to solve these.

1) Red, blue, yellow, word, hip hop, excel, jazz, classical, powerpoint

2) Option, boot, file, shift, loafer, history, return, pump, window

3) Snow, sleet, blue, low, fly, hail, down, button, pocket

4) Are, mom, carrot, queue, level, hurts, kayak, sea, jewel

5) Fool, people, magician, deputy, lovers, time, pencil, essence, silver medal

Minionite thumbnail

Originally posted by: WildestDreams

Souten, the deadline is over.

We want some answers🤣

Dekh lo. Aa gayi aur post kar diya. Sab ke sab agar last minute tak bhejenge answers toh yehi hoga. smiley37

BeingBlunt thumbnail

Originally posted by: Minionite

Congrats to all who completed the crossword. Here are the answers.

A few notes. I gave you negative marking if you put in the wrong answer like Tokyo instead of Japan (for Q8) or if you added more to the answer than would fit the crossword box like "bank robbery" instead of "robbery" (for Q5). However, if you put a person's full name I still counted it as a lot of people did that, so like Amy Santiago instead of just Amy. Spelling mistakes were fine as long as I understood the answer you put in.

Just a FYI I had put 2 curveballs this round.

Q8 - The correct answer is Japan. Yes the exact answer is Tokyo, but Tokyo would not have worked in the crossword and hence is a wrong answer.

Q19 - The correct answer is "a drug". I accepted "drugs" or "a drug" only. The only reason I accepted "drugs" is because about 20% of you put that as the answer and I did not think it was fair to not accept it.

That's why I love your games. smiley37smiley40

Same thought process. I think I have scored full but let's wait and see. ADRUG seems a bit twisted or wierd but only that was fitting here.

Also I am really surprised it's NINE NINE for 15. I had no idea, just checked show name and it fit. smiley39

Minionite thumbnail

Originally posted by: BeingBlunt

Same thought process. I think I have scored full but let's wait and see. ADRUG seems a bit twisted or wierd but only that was fitting here.

Also I am really surprised it's NINE NINE for 15. I had no idea, just checked show name and it fit. smiley39

I love throwing a few curveballs always. Hinna was like why such an easy round. Cause I always start easy and then make you cry later on. smiley37

Sevenstreaks thumbnail

All correct I guess smiley41

I wasnt sure about Adrug smiley36

I was confused among Adrug , Abuse and Agent smiley37

Sevenstreaks thumbnail

@Bold:

I checked a clip in youtube to confirm this smiley37

RainOfDew thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sevenstreaks

@Bold:

7-8 ques i didnt had to googlesmiley16

Yep i hv watched the show

x.titli.x thumbnail

Congrats to everyone who made it to round two smiley31 and hugs to the ones who're eliminated or left smiley31

Round two is giving me chakkarsmiley29smiley19

BeingBlunt thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sevenstreaks

@Bold:

Lol. I searched ans saw many articles and videos etc for sometime. Isi me time laga. smiley37

Ind the end I thought of leaving but achanak dikha that show name is NINE NINE not NINETY NINE. smiley36 Tried that and it fit.

Sevenstreaks thumbnail

Lol. I searched ans saw many articles and videos etc for sometime. Isi me time laga. smiley37

Ind the end I thought of leaving but achanak dikha that show name is NINE NINE not NINETY NINE. smiley36 Tried that and it fit.

Yes . This wasn't mentioned in many articles

I came across a article about Catch phrases of Brooklyn 99

This one ranked 10th

Then I checked video to confirm smiley36

My browsing history must be full of giggle pig . I spent lot of time in that smiley37