Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

hypnotoad thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 6 hours ago

Originally posted by: blahblah131

Screening kerwana and interviews per jana achey baat hai. It happens for all the big projects. Ammna from SH contacted Sana the producer to get an interview with Yumna and Humayun.

it's quite rare in ptv to have these ivs before show is launched or just when the first 2-3 episodes have aired. only dramas that had this (that i can recall) are Yunhi, GM, Dunyapur, Barzakh. the intent for these ivs is to promote.

for most other shows, ivs typically happen after e15 mark (if the show has built up a lot of hype already) or towards the end or after show ends. the purpose of these ivs are to discuss cktrs and plots and/or to celebrate success. but not to promote.

screening of e1 is even rarer in ptv - only GM has done it. even no other show on green got it either. screening of last episode has still happened for a few shows but these were shows that had become mass blockbusters already.

Edited by hypnotoad - 6 hours ago
blahblah131 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Fantasy Fans

Originally posted by: hypnotoad

it's quite rare in ptv to have these ivs before show is launched or just when the first 2-3 episodes have aired. only dramas that had this (that i can recall) are Yunhi, GM, Dunyapur, Barzakh. the intent for these ivs is to promote.

for most other shows, ivs typically happen after e15 mark (if the show has built up a lot of hype already) or towards the end or after show ends. the purpose of these ivs are to discuss cktrs and plots and/or to celebrate success. but not to promote.

screening of e1 is even rarer in ptv - only GM has done it. even no other show on green got it either. screening of last episode has still happened for a few shows but these were shows that had become mass blockbusters already.

It used to be rare, but not anymore. This year, we’ve seen many shows promoted this way. It gives YouTube channels an excuse to interview big stars and triple their usual video views, while the stars promote their upcoming shows in return.

Given that it's a new channel, Green has gone the extra mile with promotions, pioneering this kind of strategy. Several shows have done something unique, like GM screening its first episode, Fahad Mustafa's two cover shoots, and an entire album dedicated to promotions. We didn't see the same enthusiasm for Mein, Dunyapur got a billboard in Times Square.

I love all the off-screen content as a result of this.

moosewithagoose thumbnail

Sajal Aly

Originally posted by: meandwho

Big projects ka hi toh nehi hota hain...na TB ka hua, na IM ka and na hi KMKT ka smiley36

TB and IM were organic hits, probably none of the makers expected them to blow up the way they did. KMKT was a big project considering it was Fahad's come back and it did have fair amount of promotions but their strategy was different than GM. I feel they learnt from the mistakes of GM's over promotions.

Also KMKT managed to blow up because people loved the story and the pair which didn't pan out for GM. There is nothing wrong with doing promotions for big projects since makers expect something out of it but makers should also pay attention to the content which GM lacked...I am guessing that is why the makers also held the screening initially instead of the trend where it is held towards the end because they knew the story lacked substance...

meandwho thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Sajal Aly

Originally posted by: blahblah131

They released the album on spotify https://open.spotify.com/album/7BDuL4Ca5r5EHnyR8uJ6OY. Its a collab between five different artists. In comparison, Mein had one OST with one artist . Yes, the magazine covers when have you seen an upcoming on screen pair do multiple magazine covers before?.

Amma in GL was complaining about the over-promotion of KMKT before it started. Bro, the thing is that everyone can promote their shows like this. It's not a crime to do so. On the contrary, it's a good thing, FDs get a lot of off-screen content

These seem like standard promotions, nothing exceptional...Every show has teasers and OST released before it airs...And Fahad might have been annoying with this one given its his own project, but is was nothing new.

Literally no new content for FD, when it came to kmkt.

I am not against promotion. I am just saying once something hits big, they dont promote for free. Thats why I gave example of TB/IM/KMKT. TB did one paid joint interview on TV.

And when some projects are not sure about their reception, they promote it a lot, but they never hit big...like GM.

meandwho thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Sajal Aly

Originally posted by: moosewithagoose

TB and IM were organic hits, probably none of the makers expected them to blow up the way they did. KMKT was a big project considering it was Fahad's come back and it did have fair amount of promotions but their strategy was different than GM. I feel they learnt from the mistakes of GM's over promotions.

Also KMKT managed to blow up because people loved the story and the pair which didn't pan out for GM. There is nothing wrong with doing promotions for big projects since makers expect something out of it but makers should also pay attention to the content which GM lacked...I am guessing that is why the makers also held the screening initially instead of the trend where it is held towards the end because they knew the story lacked substance...

Am I the only one who missed the over promotion of KMKT. I only saw two diva shoot. In one of which they donned some retro outfit and the poses literally had the masses screaming is this Islamic republic of Pakistan.

Many dramas like IeL,KA had more than one OST before, thats not special to me.

And promos of every new drama runs before episode, I agree Fahad over did this one.

hypnotoad thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: moosewithagoose

people have completely forgotten how mad ppl were at kmkt overpromotions smiley17

promotions is a new thing for ptv and there is a lot of trial and error in terms of what works. so far projects get such promotions, there has to be a hook. in case of kmkt, it is fahad's comeback. for gm, it was comeback of humayun, yumna's return post-tb, and tv reunion of humayun and krq after mpth. for dunyapur, it was because its massive scale and budget.

sa far, i do not think promotions helped gm or kmkt much. the starpower was strong enough to garner interest and eyeballs - the rest would have been the job of the content. dunyapur where the starpower is low or posters looked cheap, the promotions created awareness and got people to check it out. with kmkt and gm, lack of audience awareness was not a factor.

moosewithagoose thumbnail

Sajal Aly

Posted: 5 hours ago

Originally posted by: meandwho

Am I the only one who missed the over promotion of KMKT. I only saw two diva shoot. In one of which they donned some retro outfit and the poses literally had the masses screaming is this Islamic republic of Pakistan.

Many dramas like IeL,KA had more than one OST before, thats not special to me.

And promos of every new drama runs before episode, I agree Fahad over did this one.

This is the part where they over promoted their show to the point many viewers were annoyed...