Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Blueeeee thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 months ago

Originally posted by: VirginiaPlath

That's one of the reasons why the SM meltdown over the nominations is funny smiley36

Again, sm meltdown doesn't mean the film was woke or that everyone with feminist politics is crying over a mediocre filmmaker like Greta not getting nominated.

None of her films are all that. The only nominations Barbie deserved was for design lol.

Edited by Blueeeee - 8 months ago
Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

FF, Oscars certainly also have sponsors although they aren't in the title...

The Filmfare Awards since many years advertise the sponsor(s) - this time it's Hyundai...(just writing smiley2)

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

I'm glad Barbie was shut out of the Oscars. Expecting Cillian Murphy to win.

Annette Bening has her 5th nomination now and she's long overdue considering both times she was the favorite to win, Hilary Swank swept in and won.

Glad to see both Annette and Jodie Foster recognized.

May/December was also shut out but I'm fine with that even though I'm a huge Julianne Moore fan. She should have been nominated.

Beautyful_Mess thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: VirginiaPlath

Oh man 1st Ryan Gosling stealing the show hype now getting nominated for Barbie (deservingly so) while Greta and Margot are not, the meltdown by wokism gatekeepers is gonna be epicsmiley36and I am gonna be there for itsmiley36

I’m not gonna lose sleep over it but I’m surprised neither of the women are nominated Twitter must be on fire today smiley36
Beautyful_Mess thumbnail

Originally posted by: Petrichor80

The privilege of being a white guy in Hollywood. Do the bare minimum and get accolades.

I’m offended by this comment 😢😂 because for me Ryan was the best part of the movie I couldn’t stop laughing every time he was on screen. Maybe I didn’t take movie for nothing more than just entertainment but I loved him more than anyone else in there cause he entertained me the most.
Beautyful_Mess thumbnail
I genuinely don’t understand this one at all why didn’t he make it he’s so good. He doesn’t have to win but not to even be nominated WTF.
Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

2024 Oscars nominees

Best Picture

American Fiction
Anatomy of a Fall
Barbie
The Holdovers
Killers of the Flower Moon
Maestro
Oppenheimer
Past Lives
Poor Things
The Zone of Interest

Never heard of these movies apart from 2 of them smiley36
MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

I will never recover from how Past Lives has been treated this award season. The Holdovers and Anatomy can split the actual awards though.