Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 7 months ago

Originally posted by: Zeal17

Shaitaan seems interesting.. trailer dekh kr lg rha hai South ki remake ho waise

might be even the crew seems interesting but overall most movies the not living up to their hype.
Edited by wat_up - 7 months ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail
Zeal17 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: wat_up

might be even the crew seems interesting but overall most movies the not living up to their hype.

Ya crew is also there.. for Bollywood to have 2-3 good movies within a month or two is a good sign smiley36

Jst checked.. Shaitaan is a remake of Gujarati movie Vash.

Autumnn thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Zeal17

Shaitaan seems interesting.. trailer dekh kr lg rha hai South ki remake ho waise

It is a remake of Gujarati movie Vash.

Zeal17 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Autumnn

It is a remake of Gujarati movie Vash.

Ya seems good.. tabhi lg rha tha original to hogi nismiley36

Basskarrr thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: wat_up

This section as become boring 🥱 no movies that really excite n gossip. It’s like we back to Covid times in Bollywood. This year will be same ole patriotic movies n then it’s just sequels being announced n same boring number wars etc.

entertainment industries everywhere going through a downtime
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

It is interesting how biases and popular consensus impact our tastes and tolerances. I never liked the characterization of Amy Farrah Fowler. But I liked Mayim Bialik. After all, I enjoyed Blossom as a kid, and she obtained a PhD in neuroscience before returning to acting, which was rad. I was always a Shenny shipper. But seeing how wildly popular Shamy was around me, I, too, began to root for Shamy.

In my multiple rewatchings of TBBT on my own, I waffled between Shamy and Shenny. I also waffled whether I liked Amy Farrah Fowler. Over time, I started liking Amy less and less. I disliked how she glued onto Penny and Bernadette and made everything about her. I disliked how she manipulated Sheldon to her liking. Despite that, I still enjoyed TBBT as my comfort sitcom and tolerated Amy. But recent revelations about Mayim Bialik have made me loathe Amy Farrah Fowler to the point of making TBBT not as enjoyable.

Interestingly, the opposite happened with Howard. Early Howard was gross and creepy. And he still is gross and creepy. But he has one of the best growth arcs, going from a gross and creepy man to a genuine family man who is really invested in his family. Over time, Howard has become more and more endearing. I am not much of a Lenny shipper, so it used to be a catch-22 - I prefer the early seasons where Lenny was not a thing - but it meant dealing with Howard's creepiness. Now, the early seasons are both a respite from Lenny and Shamy. And knowing Simon Helberg's public life more - I'd rather have Howard. But part of me still makes me cringe because it's the creepy Howard not the endearing Howard. Maybe endearing Howard will win over so much that I can start enjoying the later seasons as well.