Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

cygnet9 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 months ago

Originally posted by: vibraj

Happy Pongal to you too though I do not celebrate it, celebrated in Tamil Nadu. This year both Makar Sankranti n Pongal fall on 15th.

Vibha Pongal is celebrated in two telugu states, AP & Telengana too.

Magdeburg Indians e.V. - Greetings for Makar Sankranti ...

Style tips for Makar Sankranti, Lohri & Pongal - SourceItRight

Bihu, Pongal, Uttarayan, Lohri and Makar Sankranti Wishes | Happy lohri, Always shine, Makar sankranti

cygnet9 thumbnail

Hello Rainbow Friendssmiley1

Yesterday i.e on 13th we were in Shirdi, and surprisingly met Vibha. I can't explain how happy I am. The meeting was for a brief period but was beautiful. Also visited Shani Shingnapur Temple. Returned Today to Hyderabad.

Now Madhu I will be there in Guwahati on 4th Feb, Afternoon. Visiting to see Kamakhya Maa from there will go to Shilong and will return on 7th.

Hope and pray every thing goes as per plan.

Stay safe, happy and Protected guys. Good Night allsmiley31

vibraj thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: cygnet9

Vibha Pongal is celebrated in two telugu states, AP & Telengana too.

Magdeburg Indians e.V. - Greetings for Makar Sankranti ...

Style tips for Makar Sankranti, Lohri & Pongal - SourceItRight

Bihu, Pongal, Uttarayan, Lohri and Makar Sankranti Wishes | Happy lohri, Always shine, Makar sankranti

Did not know this.

vibraj thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 6

Good morning!

Happy Bhogali Bihu to Madi, Abhi and Avi, hope I am right about the Bhogali part! Wishing you both abundance of joy, peace, good health and prosperity, enjoy with your family members and always be blessed!!smiley40

Festivals are such happy times and in our country, we have so many. Religious rituals, great food and new clothes add to the vibe.

Have a good day ahead everyone, be happy always ❤️

Edited by vibraj - 8 months ago
Viswasruti thumbnail

Good morning friends. Happy Sankranthi/ Lohri/ Bihu / Pongal to all.smiley31

Makar Sankranti 2022: Here's Why Pongal Is Prepared On This Day - Boldsky.com

Sankranthi Pongal White Transparent, Pongal Pot Sankranthi Festival Png, Happy Pongal, Happy Sankranthi, Hindu Temple PNG Image For Free Download

Viswasruti thumbnail

Originally posted by: cygnet9

Yesterday i.e on 13th we were in Shirdi, and surprisingly met Vibha. I can't explain how happy I am. The meeting was for a brief period but was beautiful. Also visited Shani Shingnapur Temple. Returned Today to Hyderabad.

Now Madhu I will be there in Guwahati on 4th Feb, Afternoon. Visiting to see Kamakhya Maa from there will go to Shilong and will return on 7th.

Hope and pray every thing goes as per plan.

Stay safe, happy and Protected guys. Good Night allsmiley31

That is great Padma. smiley31 Visiting Shillong will be a good experience. But remember, the entire place will be like a deep freezer; you have to carry heavy woolens. smiley31

Happy Pongal. smiley10

Naveen Patnaik –Naveen Jindal-Baijayant Panda Wishes on occasion of Makar Sankranti-Pongal | India News Diary

Viswasruti thumbnail

Good morning!

Happy Bhogali Bihu to Madi, Abhi and Avi, hope I am right about the Bhogali part! Wishing you both abundance of joy, peace, good health and prosperity, enjoy with your family members and always be blessed!!smiley40

Festivals are such happy times and in our country, we have so many. Religious rituals, great food and new clothes add to the vibe.

Thank you so much for the festive wishes Vibha. smiley31

Happy Sankranthi. smiley31

Happy Lohri, Makar Sankranti, Pongal, Bihu..! | Kuch Toh Log Kehenge

cygnet9 thumbnail

Good morning!

Happy Bhogli Bihu to Madhu and Family, and Avi and Family.

Guys for us too Pongal, Makar Sankranti & Kanuma( 3 days festival). Basically it is a harvest festival for us too. It happens to be main festival for us too apart from other festivals. So today is Makar Sankranti. This day married ladies exchange/distribute Handi & Kumkum.

Yesterday was Pongal. On this day early morning a bon fire is lit same as Lohri. Evening there will be a ritual for children below 5years ( called bhogi pallu). It is a sort of Nazar Utarna of Children/infants between gatherings of families.

Tomorrow is called Kanuma. This day people who eat non-Veg prepare Non Veg delicacies and Who are Vegetarians prepare delicacies from Udad Dal.

In sort every occasion during this festival is related to harvesting.

cygnet9 thumbnail

About BoghiFestival:

The Bhogi festival is celebrated in honour of Lord Indra who is also known as the god of rain. Lord Indra is worshiped by many farmers as he is expected to bring prosperity and happiness to the land. Furthermore, farmers in the country worship Indra to receive a good harvest thereby bringing wealth and prosperity. They also worship their ploughs and other farm equipment on this day.

An additional tradition practised on this day is "Pongal Panai," in which people buy fresh earthen pots, paint them, and then decorate them with blossoms and mango leaves. Farmers in the villages dress up their cattle and give them prasad. On Bhogi, people gather with friends and family and send each other happy Bhogi wishes.

In addition, women prepare "Bhogi pallu"—a sweet treat—for kids using recently picked fruits and rice. Sugarcanes and other greenery are tied in front of houses to represent the season's sweetness, joy, and good fortune.

In 2024, the festival of Bhogi will fall on 14 January, Sunday .

About Makar Sankranti:

Every body know and ritual is same as everywhere.

About Kanuma:

Kanuma is a significant day in the four-day-long Sankranti festival, which marks the transition of the sun into the zodiac sign of Capricorn (Makar Rashi). The first day of Sankranti is known as Bhogi, the second is known as Pongal or Makar Sankranti, the third is known as Kanuma, and the fourth is known as Mukkanuma. Kanuma Festival is an important festival of 2 Telugu states which is mostly dedicated to worship cattle. It is celebrated on the third day of the harvest festival of Telugu Makar Sankranti. Kanuma Festival is regarded as a special occasion by the farmers and they observe this day with great momentousness and enthusiasm.

Stay safe, happy and protected guys. Good Night allsmiley31

Edited by cygnet9 - 8 months ago
Avyakta thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Hello my dear Rainbow friends, How are you all doing? smiley31smiley27smiley31

Vimaa, I hope you are doing well. I am really very happy to know that you and Padmaja met at Shirdi, it's great coincidence.smiley31I am really grateful to you for praying for all of us.smiley27

Nado, I am very happy to note that you are doing fine and celebrated Christmas as well.smiley31

Padmaja, how are you? I hope, you reached home safely after a long journey. smiley27

Madi must be busy with her mother and associated celebrations. smiley31

We are doing fine. Abhi recovered from fever and associated weakness, and from today he is attending to his school.

Please take care, friends. I love you all. smiley31

Nado, happy new year. smiley31smiley31smiley31

Orthodox New Year's Day in Canada - Sunday, January 14, 2024NOVY GOD (RUSSIAN NEW YEAR) - January 14, 2024 - National Today

10 Happy Makar Sankranti Images - Best Wishes Images

Magh Bihu 2022 Wishes: HD Wallpapers With Jovial Quotes, WhatsApp Messages, Maghar Domahi Greetings And Facebook Status To Mark The End of Harvesting Season In Assam | 🙏🏻 LatestLY

Happy Magh Bihu 2024: Wishes and quotes to share - India Today

Edited by Avyakta - 8 months ago