Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

juba thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

When i think Madhuri- mujra comes to my mind. That is the problem.

Ignoring the faults Kalank had- every body was expecting Madhuri to dance because they also had mujra in mind.

1123225 thumbnail

People trying to claim Mads would've done just as well in EV or Mom should remember they weren't offered to her though she was prob more familiar to the newer gen.

Those movies don't get offered to Madhuri precisely because her selling points were her sex appeal and dancing skills, neither of which the audience is interested in with an actress past her prime. It isn't nice to say but is a sad fact of the world even now.

Sridevi actually could act. Once youthful looks faded, the audience could only be pulled back in by a decent movie with good performances, which she could deliver.

Edited by HearMeRoar - 2 years ago
Taify thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

I find this comparison to be wrong.

Sri Devi gave one hit, one average, and this is it. She was supposed to do Kalank, which would've flopped and Sri's return would've been ruined. She was lucky.

As for Madhuri, she seemed like she didn't care much for the BO and just wanted to work. Vidya seems to give the same vibe. Madhuri might be over exposed but she has been working since she came back and has given us diverse movies (some very bad ones) such as the comedy with Anil Kapoor, dance movie, Gulaab Gang, and Dedh Ishqiya.

Sri wouldn't have been able to pull off a Aaja Nachle, which Madhuri did, and I LIKE SRI MORE.

I would not call Madhuri's return a flop, it is just that she didn't get the critical acclaim and awards that Sri did. That's it.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

That movie mom was god awful

I can’t believe I wasted time in that

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

That movie mom was god awful

I can’t believe I wasted time in that

The time you could've spent productively, looking at and posting Jhanvi pics instead?

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: BettyA1

The time you could've spent productively, looking at and posting Jhanvi pics instead?

Dil ka dil se Hua hai Ehd e Wafa 😂 🤣

Shobha.nair thumbnail

Sridevi just had one hit after her comeback. She did one movie puli in tamil which failed miserably and mom also wasn't that good. I think as someone already said though she took a break from acting for 15 years, she was still there in the industry as her husband is a producer. She was aware that those days of dancing around the trees were over and content and story oriented films were doing well for female actors. Like the kind of roles vidya balan was doing then. Poor dixit almost left the industry and wasn't aware about the changes that had taken place in the industry. She would come dance here and there and go, so she wasn't even aware what she's doing, repeating still the 90s stuff, the same lame dancing and stuff. At this time madhuri is not even in the game now she's just doing whatever she's offered, probably only to make more money. Post devdas i haven't even bothered to see any of her films. Which means it would've been better if she had never made a comeback. She could've retired gracefully but i think money matters to her more than anything else.

harun98 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: AwaamKiJaan

Madhuri tried to comeback with three movies Aaja Nachle (only the title track was a Hit), Dedh Ishqiya (got critical acclaim but no box office returns) and Gulaab Gang (Clashed with Queen).

None of the comebacks worked as all three films flopped at the box office. Sridevi made comeback with English Vinglish which was a Semi-Hit but her next movie Mom was a Flop.

Honestly Sridevi might just have lucked out with EV but she was always a better actress than Madhuri so a better fit for content oriented films.

The same reason Sunny Deol could never make a comeback into character roles or almost anything because he was such a limited actor and was hit with the audience for what little he had. Same with Madz.

Mom was actually average business not flop, flop is labelled by BOI only whilst others gave it average earner, but Mom was a big blockbuster in overseas, in china it done almost 200 cr net which recovered 10 times its budget lol, on top she got all the best actress award for it.

harun98 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shobha.nair

Sridevi just had one hit after her comeback. She did one movie puli in tamil which failed miserably and mom also wasn't that good. I think as someone already said though she took a break from acting for 15 years, she was still there in the industry as her husband is a producer. She was aware that those days of dancing around the trees were over and content and story oriented films were doing well for female actors. Like the kind of roles vidya balan was doing then. Poor dixit almost left the industry and wasn't aware about the changes that had taken place in the industry. She would come dance here and there and go, so she wasn't even aware what she's doing, repeating still the 90s stuff, the same lame dancing and stuff. At this time madhuri is not even in the game now she's just doing whatever she's offered, probably only to make more money. Post devdas i haven't even bothered to see any of her films. Which means it would've been better if she had never made a comeback. She could've retired gracefully but i think money matters to her more than anything else.

Mom was one of biggest critical acclaimed movie of that year, sridevi even got national award for his only for her brilliant acting, there were some flaws in script but its the character she played and how she performed was the main draw.

GoodDoc_2105 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Mom was a story that was told badly. But Sridevi put her heart in her performance. It wasn't a big success that it should have been because of the failure of the creative team.

But all the same it was a real tragedy that she departed this world when roles were being written keeping in mind her acting capabilities and her talent.

She would have been really successful in her second innings.