Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

infinity101 thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: dedh

You people will be saying anything at this point, just to prove a dubious assumption. Madhuri's first post-US film was Dedh Ishqiya. How can anyone claim her choice of the script was terrible? The film was awesome. It didn't do wonders at the box office and Madhuri got the message: Indian audiences are not into films that experiment with genres and female characters. So she got her coin elsewhere. Big deal.

Meanwhile, Sridevi had literally one big cb hit and got that script thanks to being Boney's wife. But you'll be praising her to heavens while c*apping on Madhuri, as is the norm on this forum. LMAO

Keep your assumptions to yourself. I don't care either about Sridevi or Madhuri much to praise either of them to heavens. I found Sridevi's choice of movies better than Madhuri's if we talk about recent times, people can have different opinions in case you don't know.
surajhere thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

What comeback and that too successful ?

After Madhuri Dixit forced her into retirement Sridevi did only two films in 17 years and one super-flop TV show, of these one was an inherently good film so it's success is not surprising the other film flopped.

Madhuri Dixit on the other hand has been part of diverse films and shows essaying fantastic roles right from Dedh Ishqiya to The Fame Game.

WittyFlair thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Frankly I think Madhuri is so over-exposed. She's on every dance reality show and she's always being dragged out for the same 2-3 dance moves.

Plus this is a personal thing, but I think she's too botoxed. I don't mind the older actors/actresses getting work done, but it was just too obvious in the Fame Game. It just takes away from her appeal. That and her perpetual need to dress as if she's attending a shaadi all the time.

forza thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

All Sridevi had in her comeback was one hit

Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Sridevi was fortunate enough to get an amazing director, an incredible script, and she delivered one of the best performances of all-time with English Vinglish.

People seem to forget that Sri was supposed to make a comeback in 2002 with Shakti but she got pregnant again, with Khushi - that would've been a bit of a disaster.

Is Madhuri got an opportunity like EV she would have shined, but she got Aaja Nachle which was a nice movie but not spectacular. And the did crap like Gulaab Gang...

v_nakshara thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Rekha_ji

Sridevi was fortunate enough to get an amazing director, an incredible script, and she delivered one of the best performances of all-time with English Vinglish.

People seem to forget that Sri was supposed to make a comeback in 2002 with Shakti but she got pregnant again, with Khushi - that would've been a bit of a disaster.

Is Madhuri got an opportunity like EV she would have shined, but she got Aaja Nachle which was a nice movie but not spectacular. And the did crap like Gulaab Gang...

She tried to do something like EV with Bucket List. It was such a snoozefest!

Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: v_nakshara

She tried to do something like EV with Bucket List. It was such a snoozefest!

OMG I forgot about Bucket List. It was 100% trying to emulate EV, and failed big time. Even Rekha tried to do the SAME thing with Super Nani - how embarrassing

Rekha GIF | Gfycat

infinity101 thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Rekha_ji

OMG I forgot about Bucket List. It was 100% trying to emulate EV, and failed big time. Even Rekha tried to do the SAME thing with Super Nani - how embarrassing

Rekha GIF | Gfycat

Haven't seen bucket list but I really enjoyed this other movie though 😆 "Super Nani".
Manavi_kesari thumbnail
IPL 2024 Participants 3 Thumbnail IPL 2023 Participants 3 Thumbnail + 5

After a point , only acting helps . Sridevi is better actress n knows acting tats y 😆

PangaNaLe thumbnail
Own Your Stories Participant 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Madhuri tried to comeback with three movies Aaja Nachle (only the title track was a Hit), Dedh Ishqiya (got critical acclaim but no box office returns) and Gulaab Gang (Clashed with Queen).

None of the comebacks worked as all three films flopped at the box office. Sridevi made comeback with English Vinglish which was a Semi-Hit but her next movie Mom was a Flop.

Honestly Sridevi might just have lucked out with EV but she was always a better actress than Madhuri so a better fit for content oriented films.

The same reason Sunny Deol could never make a comeback into character roles or almost anything because he was such a limited actor and was hit with the audience for what little he had. Same with Madz.