Edited by sreefan - 2 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 2 years ago

Oh yes, we love her… especially when she gets spotted…

infinity101 thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 4

Pretty neutral towards her. Used to find her annoying in her earlier movies, she is tolerable onscreen now 😆

1169813 thumbnail

I used to like her and root for her as I love an underdog, hardworking woman and she had an exceptional run so far. Not easy to move away from that flowerpot image to respected A list actress. So I definitely respect her hussle. But I can’t ignore how insufferable, manipulative and dumb she’s been the past 4 years. Can’t take her seriously now but I don’t agree with people trashing her acting skills - she is not as brilliant as Vidya or versatile as Priyanka but she is good in rom coms and definitely above average compared to others (I’d watch an average performance of Deepika over a cringe OTT performance by Kareena any day).

1194442 thumbnail

It's a hard NO!

1013440 thumbnail

Word Count: 0

Kamala05 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 7

I like bollywood star Deepika. She is a typical bollywood star material with beautiful face , body and average acting skills

However I absolutely hate some of her attention seeking antics ,her illogical statement and her recent fashion statement.

791198 thumbnail

I, Chameli, hereby declare that I solemnly dislike Deepika Padukone.

MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Eh, they are all the same. Generally narcissistic and attention seeking. So disliking Deepika for those reasons but being fans of others makes little sense. Like how are Alia, Katrina, Anushka, Ranbir, Ranveer etc. even remotely better as people?

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

There’s a lot to criticize about Deepika. And it’s all in the little things. The way she threw Homi under the bus after that My Choice video. The way she claimed people were calling her Samita Patel. The way she unarchived her wedding pictures when Kat was getting married. The way her team trended WhyjustDeepika when she was about to sign a Luv Ranjan movie. Her PR is not just aggressive it’s also stupid. Although that’s just my/our opinion and in reality Deepika is probably looking at things as no publicity is bad publicity kind of way.

At the same time there’s a lot to admire about her. Despite getting a massive launch she went downhill for the next several years after OSO. She hustled until Cocktail changed things for her. She’s worked hard and improved her craft. She’s a producer now and that’s no small feat in a very male dominated industry. And no matter how much her haters deny it or try to even mock her for it, by opening up about her depression she brought a lot of attention to mental health causes in India. Discussing anxiety and depression and getting help for mental health is a little less taboo now than it was before Deepika talked about it. Love her or hate her she has helped society in some ways.