Users

Frequent Posters

BubbleTea thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 10 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 4 years ago
AllThatCritique thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

This is why representation is so important. THIS IS WHY. I feel like I've won too lol. :')

1162246 thumbnail

Scarlett should've won something yaar. She was amazing in Jojo Rabbit and Marriage Story!

Originally posted by: Khai_R_Haagi

Scarlett should've won something yaar. She was amazing in Jojo Rabbit and Marriage Story!

Renee did the staple HW legend biography so it was a given that she would win. I knew it the moment I finished Judy that it was Oscar baitπŸ™„ I agree about Scarlett that she did well. Her act in MS was stellar acc to me. But in both categories they had better performances.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Eminem was the high point 😊

1178840 thumbnail

Originally posted by: AllThatCritique

This is why representation is so important. THIS IS WHY. I feel like I've won too lol. :')

No offense, but don't you think you're overdoing the "representation" thing here?

Parasite won because it was deserving, not because of this hyped-up representation bullshite.

Originally posted by: Mahisa22

No offense, but don't you think you're overdoing the "representation" thing here?

Parasite won because it was deserving, not because of this hyped-up representation bullshite.

Nope. LOL. Parasite won because it was deserving and the reaction to POC everywhere esp Korean and Korean American is that of 'finally seen' and 'finally acknowledged' and that is 'representation'. As someone who travels the world a million times a year and has friends of almost all ethnicity esp lots of POC I know for a fact how much representation matters to them. So context was that. Not that Parasite won because of some diversity clause.

Infact South Koreans everywhere have shared the exact sentiment that it finally feels they are part of the narrative rather than excluded from it and called 'foreign'. Not sure if anybody can talk over them about representation. So nah I am most certainly not 'overdoing' the representation thingy at all. Ciao.