•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 4 years ago

---

Roshni entered the room, lost in her own thoughts, and about the events that had startled her to no end. His injury, her becoming Ayaana and then his slow recovery towards normalcy. Tired by the action through the two testing days, her eyes were heavy and she wanted rest. There was relief after long and she just wanted to stretch herself out and sleep.

If it wasn't for the slightly audible chatter coming from inside the room, she would've completely missed Dadi and Ammi sitting by Aman's side. She stopped in her tracks. She couldn't think what to do. Things were still very much awkward between Aman and her, moreover between her and his Ammi. She decided against going inside and interrupting the peaceful family moment. Hiding behind the door, she stood there, listening to their talk. She involuntarily smiled, by merely just looking at him. He was faintly smiling and that brought to her some weird sense of calmness.

Her soft smile reached her eyes. He averted his gaze suddenly towards her. She was taken aback. She didn't know where to look. After some brief moments of staring elsewhere, she decided to leave.

"Roshni!", he called out to her. Parveen and Dadi turned around and saw her hesitating to enter.

"Arey Roshni, beta tum wahan kya kar rahi ho? Andar aao na." Dadi called her lovingly.

Entering nervously, she kept the jug of water on the side table. Parveen got up and left blankly, while Dadi patted on her back and smiled, before leaving.

"Main bass yeh paani dene aayi thi. Aap yahan so jayiye, main Chotu ke saath uske room mein so jaati hoon." 

"Arey kyun?" He said, getting up. "Main sofa par so jaata hoon," he said whilst getting up, supporting his back to avoid jerk. He wasn't fit and she didnt miss that slight hint of pain on his face.

"Bilkul nahi! Aap chup chap yahan so jayiye" she said firmly. "Main jaa rahi hoon," she said, to avoid conflict. 

Aman looked helpless. He wanted her to stay back with him somehow. But couldn't find words to hold her back. She wanted to stay back too but she didn't want to trouble him anymore.

She looked back at him for one last time, just for subtle reassurance that he was lying down well. He smiled back faintly.

---

After half an hour

Roshni paced the room in a non stop marathon. She never was able to imagine that's she will feel this restless. A hundred questions thronged her tired mind. What if they came back? What if he needed something? What if...?

She should've slept on the sofa instead, right near him. He would be in front of her eyes. That would've been much better. Her eyes burned in fatigue and in the want to see him.

She tip toed out of the room after tucking Chotu to sleep. "Just one last glance at him, " she mumbled.

She carefully stepped into the room. He was sleeping. One look at his face and she couldn't help but warm up. Blood rushed up her cheeks upon seeing him sleeping contentedly. 

She gingerly sat near his side and ran her hand through his messy hair. She straightened the bed covers and arranged the pillow beneath his head.

She kneeled down near his side of the bed and smiled, thinking of the comfort she was feeling in the moment. Tiredness took all over her senses. She stretched her hand on the bed and slowly, fell off to deep sleep.

---

The sunshine touched his face softly, waking him up. He stretched his hands and rolled over to the side. His eyes widened in surprise when he felt a familiar touch and figure. Her hair fell all over her face. They felt golden in the illuminating sunlight emanating from the window. 

Did she sleep like that on the floor, the entire night? Why?

He was stunned. Hadn't she gone to sleep in Chotu's room? Why was she here then, like this? Was she okay?

"Roshni..." he tried to wake her up.

"Roshni" he tried a little harder.

"Ummm Ammi sone do na, abhi tak toh Bakery khuli bhi nahi hogi..." she mumbled.

He chuckled at her sleeptalk, pushing aside her locks from her face. What a innocent sweet face she had. Large eyes that brightened his day. 

"Roshni utho" he tapped her shoulder.

She in-audibly mumbled again.

"Roshni woh Dekho Jinn!" He yelled, completely shaking her senses.

Baffled, she was up on her feet within a second. "Kahan kya!" She panicked.

She was taken by surprise looking at her surroundings. She then looked at him.

"Kahan hai?" She asked, puzzled.

He burst out laughing. How terrified was she!

"Woh tum uth nahi rahi thi toh... maine mazak.." he confessed sheepishly.

"Mazak!" She screamed back. "Yeh sab mazak hai kya?" She asked, tensed. 

He didn't expect her to get this upset.

"Aapko pata bhi hai meri jaan nikal gayi thi uss waqt?" She said, tears falling down her cheeks. What a bad joke!

Aman got up from the bed and tried to console her. He had just wanted to have some light fun but didn't know it would affect her this much.

"Roshni... I'm sorry"

"Hathiye aapko kya" she turned away to leave.

"Aapko thodi na farq padta hai" she said, dejected, that his life and death was a joke to him.

"Padta hai, bohot fark padta hai" he said, turning her towards him and looking straight in her large eyes. He wasn't joking this time around. Her emotions affected him, a lot. He raised his thumb to wipe away her tears that brought down her liveliness. Undeterred, she continued to look back in his dark eyes, that never ceased to fascinate her ever.

---

Cheers :D

Edited by Mannmohanaa - 4 years ago

Res

Unres! 

Mahi🤗

Tu na, magician hai. ❤️ This was a very simple story but just warmed my heart and brought a big smile on my face. Totally felt like the show. (I know I keep saying this but kya karu, tu likhti hi itna accha hai😳). Roshni and Anand are two cuties! Thanks you. 🤗

Can't wait to read more, but first, your exams😛🤗

Edited by Octothorpe - 4 years ago

OMG Octo. You're too kind. I thought this wasn't good at all. I literally erased it thrice before deciding to finally post it just for reference sake😆

Originally posted by Mannmohanaa

OMG Octo. You're too kind. I thought this wasn't good at all. I literally erased it thrice before deciding to finally post it just for reference sake😆

You're too humble😡.

This was amazing! Everytime you write something, don't leave it without posting, please😳

you have written beautifully, 💛❤i can visualise  the whole scene

Originally posted by Octothorpe

You're too humble😡.

This was amazing! Everytime you write something, don't leave it without posting, please😳

I'm not humble, lol!

Okay I'm not even kidding. I didn't like it one bit, not giving the feel at all. 

I'm desperately waiting for exams to get over so that I can write better things and rectify this.

Originally posted by Mannmohanaa

I'm not humble, lol!

Okay I'm not even kidding. I didn't like it one bit, not giving the feel at all. 

I'm desperately waiting for exams to get over so that I can write better things and rectify this.

Then, you're like, awesome writer. Jab usmein itna feel tha, I wonder what will happen if you in full form

Waiting

very beautiful... loved reading this!