Ye Un Dino Ki Baat Hai

SamAina OS : Tamanna

Octothorpe thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 4 years ago

Naina was in her hotel room, tossing and turning on the bed, not understanding why she was not sleepy while Preeti actually passed out after the long but beautiful day in the valley of the heaven on earth as they say, Kashmir. After trying to sleep for past one hour, she sat on the bed, frustrated. She looked at Preeti, who was into deep sleep and she decided to go to the window and get some fresh air. She grabbed her shawl and covered herself and reached to the huge window that opened to a scene to die for, beautiful stars, the moon and....and some music, it wasn't usual that she was hearing some music in the middle of night. She looked near the bank of the river and saw a person, in fact a silhouette of a guy due to the bright moon. Perhaps he was the one singing. She didn't know, she was kind of drawn towards him. 

Tamanna chaani deedarukh

(Beloved, how I yearn for you)

Chumo yimberzaley bumbro

(Like the Yemberzal for her bee!)

Phaejis yamat, laejjis wechney

(Ever since I bloomed, I'm seeing the truth)

Gaejis Chaaney Kaley bumbro

(And I'm all melted by your love)

She took a jacket and slid in her phone and a pepper spray, just in case and headed to the music that was kind of soothing yet very unsettling, quite the irony. She reached to the person and looked at him. A young man in his mid twenties, beautiful hair and, unusually old dressing sense, 90s to be precise. She sat beside him, on the rock. "You sing beautiful." She said without looking at him. He smiled, she could see his smile from the corner of her eyes. "Shukriya Naina." She heard him. He knew her name and she was startled, scolding herself mentally for coming here and he could be a possible danger. She grabbed the pepper spray and was in attack mode, "Sorry, mujhe aapka Naam nahi pata. Bas Dil Ko Laga ki jiski aankhein itni khoobsoorat hain unka Naam Naina hi hona chahiye." She saw him chuckle. That relaxed her a bit. "Flirt kar rahein hain aap? Waise mere Naam Naina hi hai" She asked. That made him chuckle more. "Ek aur Naina nein yahi kaha tha." He said and strum the chords of the guitar again.

Tamanna chaani deedarukh

Chumo yimberzaley bumbro

"Aap local hain idhar ke?" Naina asked. "Hmm." She heard him say. She, saw his face and those eyes had her heart. They say, eyes are the windows to your soul, they say the truth. "Itni raat ho gayi, neend nahi aa rahi?" She heard him ask. "Nahi. Mujhe kuch Sukoon mil Raha idhar." She replied with a smile. They didn't talk much, maybe they enjoyed just the silence of each other. 

Karaan mehjoor Chu husnas Gath

(Paying homage to beauty, Mehjoor)

Wanaan yaaras pato akh Kath

(Makes this pledge to his friend)

Karaan mehjoor Chu husnas Gath

(Paying homage to beauty, Mehjoor)

Wanaan yaaras pato akh Kath

(Makes this pledge to his friend)

She could see the little sunlight in the sky and that's when she realised it's been long. She got up and was about to leave. "Sameer, mera Naam Sameer hai!  Aapse mil ke accha Laga." She heard him say while his gaze was still fixed on the river in front. "Mujhe bhi. Subah mulaqaat hogi." Naina said but didn't hear a reply. She moved towards her hotel while she could still hear him sing and play the guitar, leaving her with a smile.

Yi Dil dewane Gov Che path

(This heart is fallen only for you)

Beyis seth na Raley bumbro

(And will never fall for anyone else)

Yi Dil dewane Gov Che path

(This heart is fallen only for you)

Beyis seth na Raley bumbro

(And will never fall for anyone else)

After a while, she reached to her room and saw the clock stuck 4 in the morning. She looked outside the window and he was nowhere to be found. She reached to the bed and everything just took over her and she slept, only to be awaken by Preeti. "Behen kab tak soyegi, it's 7 already. Chal jaldi nahi toh breakfast nahi milega." Preeti shook Naina to the best of her might. Naina, got up, with a hope to meet Sameer again and got fresh as soon as possible and both the sisters rushed to the buffet breakfast. While Naina was looking for Sameer amidst the host and the guest at the hotel, Preeti was busy gorging on the Kashmiri cuisine as if she had no food all the life that she was on the planet.

Tamanna chaani deedarukh

Chumo yimberzaley bumbro

Naina was bit sad that Sameer didn't come. Everyone headed to the next tourist destination with their Guide, Yassir Bhai. "Yassir Bhai, woh ladka Kahan rehta hai jo raat Ko Nadi ke paas Gaana ga Raha tha?" Naina asked at last when they were returning to the hotel room after the day's excursion. "Raat Ko? Aapko sunayi diya kya?" Yassir bhai asked shocked. "Haan, in fact main aayi bhi thi. Meri baat bhi hui Sameer se." Naina told. "Sameer?" Preeti asked. "Ek minute, shhh. Mujhe phir sunayi de Rahi uski awaaz." Naina tried to hear. She followed that voice and reached to the same spot, seeing him sitting at the very same place, in the very same clothes. She sat beside him and closed her eyes to take in the beautiful music.

Kahan maykhaney ka darwaza Ghalib aur Kahan waaiz

(The preacher and the bar's entrance are way apart, Ghalib)

Kahan maykhaney ka darwaza Ghalib aur Kahan waaiz

(The preacher and the bar's entrance are way apart, Ghalib)

Par itna jaante hain kal, woh jaata tha ki hum niklein

(Yet I see him entering the bar as I was leaving!)

Par itna jaante hain kal, woh jaata tha ki hum niklein

(Yet I see him entering the bar as I was leaving!)

Hazaaron khwahishein aisi ki har khwahish mein dum nikle

(Thousands of desire, each worth dying for)

Bahut nikle mere Armaan, Lekin phir bhi Kam nikle

(Many of them I have realised, yet I yearn for more)

Yassir Bhai and Preeti followed Naina and saw her sitting alone. "Inhein Sameer Chaudhary dikhai deta hai." Yassir said looking at her. "Sameer Chaudhary Kaun?" Preeti asked. "Sameer Chaudhary, ek Kashmiri Muslim singer jise Naina Naam ki ek Kashmiri pandit se ishq ho Gaya tha. Phir 1990s mein jab Kashmiri pandits Ko Jaana pada yahan se toh shayad unn dangon mein Naina ki death ho gayi thi. Par kuch log kehte hain usnein suicide Kiya tha Kyun ki gharwale uski zabardasti kahin aur shaadi kara rahe the." Yassir bhai said thinking deep.

Khuda khud meer-e-majlis Bood andar laamaakan, Khusrau

(God himself was master of ceremonies in that heavenly court, oh Khusrau)

Khuda khud meer-e-majlis Bood andar laamaakan, Khusrau

(God himself was master of ceremonies in that heavenly court, oh Khusrau)

Muhammad shamma-e-mehfil bood Shab jaaye ke mann boodam 

(Where the face of the prophet Muhammad too was shedding light like a candle)

Muhammad shamma-e-mehfil bood Shab jaaye ke mann boodam 

(Where the face of the prophet Muhammad too was shedding light like a candle)

Nami danam Che Manzil bood Shab jaaye ke mann boodam

(I wonder what was the place where I was last night)

Baharsu raqs-e-bismil bood shab jaaye ke Mann boodam

(All around me were half slaughtered victim of love, tossing in agony)

"Phir?" Preeti asked, while she was still looking at her sister smiling and talking to God knows who. "Phir kya, Sameer aur Naina nein yahan Milne ka faisla Kiya tha aur phir kahin door chale Jaana chahte the. Par Naina kabhi aayi hi nahi. Sameer intezaar karta Raha kuch saalon tak aur Gaana Gaya karta tha. Kuch log kehte hain ki usnein iss Nadi mein kood kar Jaan de di thi par kisi Ko uski body nahi Mili. Kabhi kabhi logon Ko uska Wahi Gaana sunne Ko mil jaata tha par woh kahin Nazar nahi aata tha. Pichle kuch saalon se woh bhi sunayi Dena band ho Gaya tha par aaj Naina ji Ko....." Yassir Narrated everything he knew of it. Preeti was terrified. She ran to Naina and pulled her and took her to the room, all this while, Naina was protesting and she didn't know what got into her. She felt someone was trying to separate her from her own flesh and blood. Once, in the room, Preeti narrated everything to her leaving her shocked. She looked out of the window, he was still singing and looking at the river that was casted my the full moon's beauty.

Tamanna chaani deedarukh

Chumo yimberzaley bumbro

"Ek aur Naina nein bhi yahi kaha tha." That rung in her head. She looked outside again, she could see him disappearing into the thin air while his song echoed in the beautiful valley of the paradise on earth. 

Hazaaron khwahishein aisi ki har khwahish mein dum nikle

(Thousands of desire, each worth dying for)

Bahut nikle mere Armaan, Lekin phir bhi Kam nikle

(Many of them I have realised, yet I yearn for more)

https://youtu.be/u4jchTQ4EeA

Phew! Done. Kaisa Laga? I don't know how it turned out but I wish I did justice to the beautiful song. You guys should definitely hear to it. Also, translation is rough, translation always looses the beautiful essence but still. Do drop in to let me know how it was, please. It will mean a lot to me.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sparkling_starr thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2022) 0 Thumbnail + 2

Lovely OS❤️. An unusual story😊. But its lovely. The song is really nice. Though I can't understand the meaning but its a lovely song.

Disha 

myprimechicago thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Wow.... what a story.. loved it ❤️

Labhya thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Res.....😃

Unres.....😃

The best surprise is the most unexpected ones..... A big thanks to you octo for this beautiful and amazing diwali gift.... The song was very beautiful indeed and u did justice with it. And I specifically liked it that u chose kashmir setting .....

Now coMing to the plot. Idea hi bohot solid tha madam kya hi bolu mai???? Sab hi kuch to badhiya tha ek kisi cheez ko point out krna mushkil hai. It's a part of my favourite list now....

You really have a beautiful heart. Now don't ask me why and how do I kNow. Kuch cheezein naa sharartii khopdi k paas hi rhne do. 

I know mai ne pichle shots pr comments nahi kiye hai life's been very busy. Aaj time mila isliye fatak se padha aur satak se unres kra nahi to fir se tum pareshan hogi mujhe remind krne me....

Dher saara pyaar for this lovely os my yaar....

Keep smiling

Labhya

Edited by Labhya - 4 years ago
Suparna13 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Res🤗

Unres😳

An unexpected surprise, yaar! Hashsmiley31

Beautiful written. First of all, huge applause to you... It is that good, hash😌❤️. The song is soooo soothing 💕✨✨ and the voice too! You are phenomenal, Jaan! Ye story kisi aur level ka hi tha. Simple yet deep. Lovely.... I really don't know in which words I should appreciate this beauty, this creation of yours! That hallucination, that feeling.... Is literally giving me goosebumps, you are soooo good. And after reading each piece is creation of yours, I am telling now and will be always telling forever! Your subtle emotions are jaanleva, hash.... They create havocs🥺😌😍. Aur mujhe pata nahi... How to describe my feelings, my pyaar to this beauty! Aesthetically pleasing and beautifully it is🌟😍... It has that gentle feeling of mountains,snow... And also the chilly of those too. Ufff, again I am reading... I will stop now.

I will eagerly waiting for such surprise... You are full of surprises. I pyaar yousmiley31! Enough of my faltu ki bakbak wali review... Will be eagerly waiting to read something soooonest from you, Hash!smiley42smiley31🌟💖💖

With love, Suparna

Edited by Suparna13 - 4 years ago
chaaru26 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Hashhh🤗

Oh lovely lovely lovely

What a beautiful story.... So unique....

I just love the way you write... its so beautiful and touches your heart.... I feel you need to teach me how to write....

I am in love with this story...  and the song is beautiful, never heard it before but the rhythm suits the story....

And yes loved the way you brought out pure love in this story❤️

munchkinland thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Res

unres

I now get it why you did not want me to read it yesterday because I was already emotional and you did not want me to get more emotional.

Hash this was beyond beautiful 

Yes I did cry but bas kya hi bolo

I am really speechless

The way you brought this out

it was like poem in motion

mujhe shabd nhi mil rhe ki kya bolo

And I am sure you understand what I want to convey 

Samaina ka pyaar voh janmo janmo wala hain

jo bichad kr bhi saath rhenge

soul mate they truly are

Edited by munchkinland - 4 years ago
Mayu18 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Oh my god.... I have goosebumps.. I love it...but I also wanted him to meet her in this Janam....but that can't be right? Cos his soul still searches for her .... I actually have tears in my eyes. 

Thank you so much ! 

Itsflora thumbnail

This was so unexpectedly beautiful. Really good one. Loved it   

Mmrudhula thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Wonderful....... the bond they share is beyond mortality