Lawyer’s entry: Custody or divorce?

Posted: 4 years ago

Just read that a new actor is entering the show who would play Kartik’s lawyer. 

Any takes on whether they are heading for custody drama or would Kartik-Vedika’s marriage be declared illegal? 

In the past few episodes, whenever Kartik and Naira used to go out, Kartik said things like “Kairav would get worried, he would start looking for you”, or “before Kairav wakes up, I would take you home”.

The dialogues clearly suggest that Kartik knows what Naira means to Kairav and how he can’t take care of Kairav by himself. They showed that he respects their relationship and has no intention of separating the two from each other. 

However, as per spoilers, Naira would tell Kartik she’s going to live in Singhania Sadan. Now every time the topic of Naira leaving with Kairav has come up, Kartik has reacted with anger. He has told Naira in the past that she can leave if she wants to, but he won’t allow her to take Kairav away from him. 

We all know Kartik only acts sensibly when he knows Naira is around him. Every time she leaves him, he goes ballistic. I wonder how he would react on hearing that Naira wants to move back to SS. They have started communicating calmly with each other, but would that last? 

I am sure Dadi would suggest Kairav’s full custody but would Kartik react maturely this time or would their son have to bear the consequences of their anger and ego?

Most people think the lawyer is there to declare Kartik-Vedika’s marriage as invalid but I am not too sure of that theory because if the marriage is declared invalid prior to one of them backing off or losing it, what was the point of it anyways? 

I truly hope the end of Vedika is near but the rational part of me thinks they would head for custody, Kartik would eventually back off for Naira and Kairav’s sake, Vedika or Kartik would realise that there is no point in continuing with the marriage even if Kaira are separated and they would eventually separate. 

Also, maybe it’s not Kartik, but Naira who will suggest for custody to ensure her and Kairav’s future. 

Few comments about today’s episode: 

Kartik seems fully content in this forced marriage of his. The awkwardness that used to be felt at one point seems to be gone now. He is calm towards Naira as well now, as if he has accepted the reality and knows she’s only Kairav’s mother, not his wife or lover. Both of Kartik’s wives performing the rituals is not cute, it’s disturbing. Kartik’s indifferent attitude towards the entire scenario is more annoying that Vedika. 

From ITV's perspective, custody battle it seems, they need to drag the track plus they need drama, silently calling off marriage / declaring it invalid is too calm and non dramatic for an Indian soap. Also he's clearly okay with Vedika being his wife so he isn't going to divorce her nor is Vedika backing off seeing her take on Naira and Kartik's meetings.

However u pointed out rightly, Kartik understands Naira's importance in Kairav's life , also as per the spoilers he will come to know something about Naira's pregnancy which will further melt him, so demanding Kairav and Naira stay apart will be too insensitive on his part which may irk the audience.He may have told the gharwalas that anybody can leave Goenka villa but Kairav hinting at Naira but of course he thinks otherwise, he addresses Naira as Kairav's mother infront of every body but he feels otherwise, so declaring Naira can leave holds no importance in my eyes since his actions are way contradictory. 

I am waiting to know how events will unfold which will lead to Kartik taking such a huge step or may be he isn't the one filing for the custody, but why is Naira going to go for a custody when as per the same spoilers she will take Kairav along?

Edited by Blackwater - 4 years ago

Originally posted by Fari_15

Kartik’s indifferent attitude towards the entire scenario is more annoying that Vedika

@bold - This is so true.

Saw SBS hot news . Don't know it's true or not but the voice over said Vedika will go on a cliff to commit suicide and Naira will run to save her. So, might be after this event Naira takes this step. Still ain't sure how the story gonna progress.

Originally posted by Blackwater

From ITV's perspective, custody battle it seems, they need to drag the track plus they need drama, silently calling off marriage / declaring it invalid is too calm and non dramatic for an Indian soap. Also he's clearly okay with Vedika being his wife so he isn't going to divorce her nor is Vedika backing off seeing her take on Naira and Kartik's meetings.

However u pointed out rightly, Kartik understands Naira's importance in Kairav's life , also as per the spoilers he will come to know something about Naira's pregnancy which will further melt him, so demanding Kairav and Naira stay apart will be too insensitive on his part which may irk the audience.He may have told the gharwalas that anybody can leave Goenka villa but Kairav hinting at Naira but of course he thinks otherwise, he addresses Naira as Kairav's mother infront of every body but he feels otherwise, so declaring Naira can leave holds no importance in my eyes since his actions are way contradictory. 

I am waiting to know how events will unfold which will lead to Kartik taking such a huge step or may be he isn't the one filing for the custody, but why is Naira going to go for a custody when as per the same spoilers she will take Kairav along?

He’s okay with his marriage till the time Naira and Kairav are around him. Once Naira tells him she’s leaving, reality would dawn on him. Right now, I feel, he has turned a blind eye to everything just because that’s the easy thing to do but once he realises that he can’t have his family living with him because of this so-called marriage, he would start feeling suffocated. 

I don’t know if he will go to the extent of seeking a divorce but after watching today’s scene in which Vedika kept pushing him to talk to her, I think he will start snapping. At least the whole being courteous towards her phase would be gone because he would realise that she is the main reason why he can’t have his wife and son. Right now he just doesn’t care because he’s too busy focussed on Naira and Kairav. 

I honestly think Naira would misunderstand Kartik and would take precautionary action by filing for divorce. Kartik would fight for custody as well just out of anger towards Naira, but would eventually cave in. He won’t hurt Naira and Kairav by separating them. 

Originally posted by shiny9911

@bold - This is so true.

Saw SBS hot news . Don't know it's true or not but the voice over said Vedika will go on a cliff to commit suicide and Naira will run to save her. So, might be after this event Naira takes this step. Still ain't sure how the story gonna progress.

This could be true.. Saw pics of Naira and Vedika on a hill or something. Goodness this woman is coming across more desparate, pathetic and weak each day. Can't wait till she exits. 

I honestly think Naira would misunderstand Kartik and would take precautionary action by filing for divorce. Kartik would fight for custody as well just out of anger towards Naira, but would eventually cave in. He won’t hurt Naira and Kairav by separating them. 

I think it will be other way round...Kartik would misunderstand Naira...as per SBS Naira will save Vedika from committing suicide and Naira being Naira she will commit her again to not interfere in her married life and will not reveal it to anybody including kartik....I think Naira will not only take away Kairav from her but also be blunt to Kartik as opposed to how's she is behaving now which will anger Kartik. I heard Vedika is till October so probably they will wind up this track along with custody' s till October.

Originally posted by shahz

This could be true.. Saw pics of Naira and Vedika on a hill or something. Goodness this woman is coming across more desparate, pathetic and weak each day. Can't wait till she exits. 

Yes, I also feel that... 

Or maybe Vedika will blackmail, once Naira will save her.. Maybe she will ask her to leave and fill hatred in Kartik's heart for her... so that vedika could make the space.. and that is why Naira will start this custody fight so that Kartik hates her....

In today's episode I felt they are going to solve everything for good as Ganpati ji have come... I don't know somehow it was giving positive vibes... but then all these spoilers have put me off as they will further entangle the situation.... and create more drama...

Originally posted by Blackwater

I think it will be other way round...Kartik would misunderstand Naira...as per SBS Naira will save Vedika from committing suicide and Naira being Naira she will commit her again to not interfere in her married life and will not reveal it to anybody including kartik....I think Naira will not only take away Kairav from her but also be blunt to Kartik as opposed to how's she is behaving now which will anger Kartik. I heard Vedika is till October so probably they will wind up this track along with custody' s till October.

Yup. I have this scenario in my head from quite a while where Naira would say hurtful things to Kartik, just to get him to stop loving her. She's the mahaan soul, so she would do everything in her power to make sure Vedika and Kartik have a happily married life ahead of them, even if that means hurting Kartik by taking Kairav away from him or reiterating the fact that she no longer loves him. 

Kinda curious to see how it all plays out. 

Vedika doing suicide drama is just plain dumb. She's already getting on my nerves and to see her emotionally blackmail Kartik into being her husband is sickening. 

Originally posted by Saru.n

Yes, I also feel that... 

Or maybe Vedika will blackmail, once Naira will save her.. Maybe she will ask her to leave and fill hatred in Kartik's heart for her... so that vedika could make the space.. and that is why Naira will start this custody fight so that Kartik hates her....

In today's episode I felt they are going to solve everything for good as Ganpati ji have come... I don't know somehow it was giving positive vibes... but then all these spoilers have put me off as they will further entangle the situation.... and create more drama...

From what I understand, isn't Ganpati brought at homes so that he can take all the problems away with him when he leaves? 

Vedika is the biggest problem in the Goenka household and Kaira's life right now. Keeping the religious spirit alive, they should really end up her track towards the end of Ganpati, even though it seems unlikely. 

Yup. I have this scenario in my head from quite a while where Naira would say hurtful things to Kartik, just to get him to stop loving her. She's the mahaan soul, so she would do everything in her power to make sure Vedika and Kartik have a happily married life ahead of them, even if that means hurting Kartik by taking Kairav away from him or reiterating the fact that she no longer loves him. 

Kinda curious to see how it all plays out. 

Vedika doing suicide drama is just plain dumb. She's already getting on my nerves and to see her emotionally blackmail Kartik into being her husband is sickening. 

I meant I m okay with Naira leaving Goenka villa and being not too soft towards Kartik on Vedika's insistence but going an extra mile to ensure he hates her/ leads a happy married life with Vedika is so Kasauti Zindagi kayish. I ll welcome Kartik filing for custody in that case. She isn't anyone to take a decision regarding Kartik and his son's relationship bcz she feels Vedika should get her rights.

Until now I was understanding Vedika's emotions but if she indeed blackmails Naira or anyone then she ll in real sense turn into a vamp.

Edited by Blackwater - 4 years ago