Posted: 4 years ago

SPM ~My Musings ~16.9.19 ~ Care component..

Humans respond to both, receiving and giving care. Care, concern, attention,is essential for budding, forging and continuing relationships. With the element of care in mind, I think of two scenarios. One between Kainat and Zaroon, and the other between Saltanat and  Madhav.  We have Kainat, overly concerned and troubled that Zaroon spots her with Saltanat’s photo. For Zaroon,  the photo draws his  immediate attention. I found it amusing to hear Kainat refer to the face  cream excuse. Face as in Saltanat’s face!! that Zaroon so loved; and cream that relates to Kainat’s desire. How she wishes Zaroon would soften like a cream, towards her face and pamper her on the basis of her new face. I found it typical of Kainat to emotionally blackmail him and remind him in the nicest possible way, that she wants it known that he cares for her, dotes on her, pampers her!

Zaroon’s scene with Kainat is based on his guilt and desperation to show her father in particular, the concern and attention he gives his wife. Compared to Saltanat’s scene with Madhav which also revolves on the element of care, Zaroon’s words regards fulfilling his duty as a husband is concerned, sounds  a complete sham. His words are prescriptive, his actions are a mere performance,that he god forgive him, he has to act out to satisfy this rather demanding and eager wife.  No wonder he blows out the candles in the room. For him it might mean, snuffing out any misgivings about a light of love between the two. To Kainat it means the hour has come when they will become one!

Saltanat on the other hand throws a wobbler at Madhav not fulfilling her wish to give her  a bit of peace. Spontaneously she blames him for being some uncaring brute! who only cares for himself. The sincerity of her fury, her emotions and words, do annoy him, but on the other hand it also compels him to hear her out! and show care and concern for her mental well- being. Such scenes where Saltanat either riddles him with her questions which he briskly evades, by bellowing back to retaliate! Draw our attention. More so  to me, such scenes speak of an unspoken care component that exists between them. Despite the every so often, show downs, there lies some caring, liking and attachment somewhere. Interestingly both would probably deny it. But the child in their midst can sense it, see  it and jolly well enjoys it!

The high light of the episode for me is where Saltanat draws attention to perhaps the unsung care a single father gives to his child in our society. Within the story line we saw Zainab as a single mother bringing up Kainat, about which much song and dance was made about this single mother, despite the fact that she had the patriarchal backing of Mainjaan.  Madhav on the other hand, is seen to be the protective single father, very much left on his own to rear his  boy.  Although Saltanat challenges, Madhav’s  supervisory control over his son. Her disagreements about Krish  are overall  far from condemning his father’s efforts. The scene where she talks through with Krish, how to overcome bullying of not having a mother, Saltanat actually empowers  Madhav’s for his, in actual fact  of carrying out the role of both parents rolled into one.

The scene also flags up issues like bullying that children may go through school due to being somehow different to others. Through the scene we also find out that like Kainat’s father, Krish’s mother also walked out on his father Madhav. Saltanat handles the situation very well. As in a divorce scenario, the children of the divorced couple also are divorced from the bond their parents once shared. Saltanat takes care not to malign Krish against his mother, since the boy shows concern about being rejected by his own mother.

Madhav can see that Saltanat’s handling of Krish is simple, yet sensitive to the situation , which both father and son have to go through on their own fronts in life. The scene between the three Saltanat,Madhav and Krish is yet another step towards the three gaining a better understanding of each other. A bond of duty of care,  seems to draw Saltanat towards Krish also…

Madhav takes Saltanat to the dargah once again to give her the peace she asked him for. To me his catch phrases of Focus! Concentrate!seem to be set aside. He seems to leave her, to her own pace. Madhav dreads her meeting Zaroon, but as fate would have it , a swooning Saltanat is prevented from falling to the ground ,by Rubina. The touch of hands that goes between them shows an undefined ,sense off familiar care. Nadeem too instinctively shows concern  and almost calls her daughter.. Strange sense of concern. As never yet felt by Saltanat before in her memory loss condition. The sense of care, having family around her? Madhav watches from the side-lines as  Rubina and Nadeem turn and go their way, leaving Saltanat staring at their backs. Well! Madhav hopes she has got her quota of peace for now.. He  hopes she recalls  something?

Basically I quite liked the episode.. Zaroon certainly feels he needs to clean up his act ! Only issue is, the care,  the tenderness, the love is missing in whatever? he plans to carry out with Kainat! who really shows him how much she cares for his good husband image ,but really she has reduced him to being her puppet. Saltanat’s evil eye is warded off !  courtesy  of Krish’s timely intervention. Evil Kainat’s,  big night is once again put off! by a  sprained back! Zaroon  acts as the paramedic! Much relieved by the expressions she gives him every time she comes near him!

Saltanat on the other hand,  with her sincere care, attention  and concern , is all about ironing out worries and concerns. All about clarifying and reinforcing  bonds  between a single father and his bright, impressionable son. Unaware Saltanat is also striking a bond of  some subtle tolerance with the moody grouch Madhav too. Krish has a wonderful way with both these  handful adults! His strength lies in knowing and loving and caring for both his super papaa and dost didi!! His strategy is his pure , childlike  belief in acting  as the self- appointed peacemaker between the  two!  17.9.19 hamlet53

Precap: Saltanat runs to Zaroon’s voiceof calling her..  Madhav watches.. Is hisworst nightmare about to come true?

Edited by Hamlet53 - 4 years ago

Hi Hammie 

I loved the episode, but frankly only the scenes btwn Madhav , Saltanat and Krish. I am done for the time being with the Shah family. Who is Zaroon trying to kid ??? Its so obvious tht he feels nothing when Kainaat is with him, still the bell doesnt ring. A person can change the face, but core basics of tht person in terms of acting, reacting remains the same noh ???

I loved the scene btwn SaDhav and Krish. The sweet little guy suddenly acts so stubborn tht his father also doesnt know what got into him. For the 1st time, I saw the same stubbornness in Krish tht his father has. What followed after tht was the most beautiful scene of the episode for me. I think by now Madhav knows where he can find his son....there is only place Krish can be. Madhav was lost at words by the questions of his son.....it was so painful for him becoz he didnt know wht to say actually. And it was clearly shown tht Madhav deep down is a very emotional person, but the death of his beloved sister has turned him into stone. He was clearly in awe of how Saltanat handled the situation with such care, love and patience in a way a child can understand. And Madhav is also fully aware now tht Saltanat knows more abt his son, thn he does. His son shares everything with his Dost Didi, no wonder she understands him so well. And Madhav looked at Saltanat as if he was seeing her for the 1st time. Saltanat didnt malign Krish mom and at the same time made Krish realize what an amazing father he has. 

What struck me though was : Madhav telling Krish tht the friendship btw  him and Krish mom ended.....this sounds interesting. He didnt say love ended, so maybe deep down he still loves his 1st wife ????

I wont take all the pinky promises serious, coz we know tht Madhav and Saltanat made that promise just to keep Krish happy. It doesnt mean anything to the both of them for different reasons Krish is unaware of. I dont know how much serious I should take the pinky promise btw  Saltanat and Krish. We all know tht Saltanat will go back to Zaroon and her family once her memory is back. On the other hand Madhav is hellbent on taking revenge. What caught my eye was Madhav looking at Saltanat in a certain way when Krish was asking for tht promise....it was almost as if he wanted to know her response.

So the pre-cap: did Madhav hear Zaroon calling Saltanat ??? 

By the way why did he bring Saltanat to tht place when he knows there is a risk of Saltanat meeting someone from her family ?? Just to let her hv some peace of mind ???

The story is stuck but the episode was entertaining. Sultanat and Madhav's relationship is moving forward, inch by inch. In some ways, Sultanat protects Madhav just as she protects Krish. She is not sure about the story he has fed her, but she still trusts him. She cries, vents, rants with him all the time. 

I am surprised with a sudden focus on Krish's mother for a couple of episodes in a row. first the girl/family coming over for rishta - and Kirsh saying something like "she will not be my mother" , then Krish feeling insecure about his mother. Are they hinting towards Sultanat-Madhav's marriage??? Dear CVs - If you go that route - please get Zaroon-Sultanat divorced whatever way you can. Don't want a 2 husband triangle. Alternatively, they are making way to introduce Madhav's ex - who maybe paired with him. I read on Esha's post that this is supposed to be a 2 couple story.  

Zaroon and Kainat scenes are becoming repetitive. I can't understand if Zaroon suspects her or not. He seemed to be testing her but then he prepares the room for the night.  Please CVs a monologue will help. 

The new Kainat is good but overacts at times. Some OTT gestures suited Helly better as they helped to distinguish between the twins but now look forced.

I saw on tv that they are moving the show to the 8 pm slot on Sep 30. Nothing big will happen before that but that should be a happening week.

@hammie - from a previous post - I agree with you that Zaroon's character has more depth than ever before. But my issue is that such characters are better suited in books. On TV, their constant moping and grieving gets annoying. In books, you can sympathize with such characters. On tv, they appear to be losers and don't arouse much sympathy, unless they are given a goal or purpose. For example, why is Zaroon not searching for Kainat? He knows she is out there; he knows she killed his mother. But here Zaroon is rudderless.

Edited by Irshita - 4 years ago

@Irshita: even today they mentioned Krish mom again which means 3 days in a row straight. And today the normally happy go lucky Krish even had a fight becoz some kid said something bad abt his mom. And who does he call to save him ???? Ofcourse who else : Dost Bhaiya

Now my question is: was this scene just created so tht 1) Kainaat again could get the upper hand by seeing Madhav and Saltanat together ??? Or 2) to make Kainaat again unsure and she might go after Krish this time, coz she already told Zaroon in the precap for next episode tht the boy is taking Zaroon away from her.....I mean: seriously ???!!!! And still Zaroon has no clue ???? 

Going by my ITV experience I hv a feeling tht they might bring back Madhavs ex and pair him with her, so tht Sharma family will be one happy one again. I had my doubts since Saltanat said tht Krish mom is missing him too, but there is a reason why she cant come. I am not sure anymore abt pairing Madhav with Saltanat, coz most fans are against it becoz 1) the religion issue and 2) the sufiyaana pyaar issue. And every time again and again they show Saltanat feeling only Zaroon and not her family members.

Acc to VJ this was supposed to be a 2 hero story, maybe they changed the track suddenly, becoz the TRPs remained the same for 3 weeks in a row. But if this is the case than introduction of the Sharma family becomes unnecessary and waste of money. Becoz once Madhav knows Kashish is not his culprit and in case Krish mom comes back, Madhavs role and his family's is over. Than the story again will revolve around Zaroon- Kainaat and Saltanat once her memory comes back.

If saltanat comes back she will backout iithink Watching tdy epi I feel saltanat will change madhav into normal whereas zaroon will be arrogant or aggressive like madhav after kainat truth out bcoz she stabbed her motherbrutually if saltanat and zaroon divorcrehappens there thy can show sadhav story bcoz two families at loggerheads how will they c onvinced for marriageand can show many things and all for saroon there s nothing left if saltanat divorce happens only thy will accept sadhav bcoz m a rried women with a stranger is not accept by others  I dnt want zaroon with saltanat if thy shown it's ridiculous aman C ould not identify his wife who was pain till deathhbed now bcome a puppet of someone 

Yeah true Sadhav story cannot start untill Zaroon and Sultanat are divorced. And tht is why I am thinking tht Madhav and Sultanat are probably not gonna happen, coz Zaroon Sultanat divorce wont happen. Kainaat is pretending to be Sultanat, so she will NEVER agree for divorce. We hv seen her suicide drama already. As Kainaat , Zaroon is never going to marry her, becoz she is his mothers killer, so the only way she can stay with Zaroon is by pretending to be Sultanat. Sultanat will only back off IF Zaroon goes ahead and gives Kainaat all rights as a wife what till now did not happen. No wonder Kainaat is sooo damn insecure and hysterical.

@Esha - They have something else planned. Until I heard the news of time slot change, I thought Madhav may actually be a cameo because he/his family has no role in the story once he knows Sultanat's truth and her memory comes back.

They can't be moving the show to 8 pm slot with Zaroon-Sultanat story. that would just be stupid and honestly, that story is over. How long can they show zaroon-sultanat fighting against Kainaat?

I am sure they are trying 8 pm slot for VJ. If they bring his ex back, then even Sultanat will be sidelined. those two will be the main leads. I can't see how zaroon-sultanat's and Madhav-his ex's stories can be intertwined into one cohesive storyline for the show.

Tdy episode zaroon didn't feel about saltanat in school  if thy brought vj and changing the script  daily acc to their wish it's ridiculous in fact saroonstory nothing left in fact this much days he was like a husband to a girl ysday also that oinment scene if still thy pair saroon it's shame of self respect and love I want saltanat to be alone rather than going with zaroon he is dumb and not trustworthy it will shown be good if he accept after jail sentence and kainat is mentally I'll and title is for sometime only and lyrics itself has tere mer a naam kabhisaath aana here thy showing kainat love only that innocence into obsession and coming to madhav wufevthy r daily changingit dntknow she will me r nt I personally like saltanat and madhav banter  

@Irshita: oh yeah ur rite, they are moving to the 8pm slot. I totally forgot abt tht part. Never thought they might be trying for VJ; the majority of fans want SaRoon to re-unite, so its quite possible they move to tht slot for a new beginning of SaRoon story. I just dont know how they will move ahead with the Madhav Sultanat story if SaRoon are still legally married. Tht is just impossible and would be highly unethical.

A few things are clear: they introduced the entire Sharma family for a reason. Coz frankly they were so not needed, Madhav was enough to take his revenge. Also as u said once Madhav knows the truth abt Sultanat and she gets her memory back, Madhavs track will be over and so his family's, so why bring such a big actor like VJ just for such a short track. And 2) how long will the show survive on SaRoon story with 5th wheel Kainaat only ??? It will be like the same cycle over again. We have seen tht enough already. And as u also mentioned bringing Madhavs ex back wont help the story move ahead either, so what is next. 

I just hope whatever they are planning, they better leave Krish alone. Coz psycho Kainaat has already started her sickening reason abt Krish trying to take Zaroon away from her

@Esha - fans come and fans go for all shows. CVs will keep blowing the wind with soft music for Saroon fans but will only do what they think will help TRPs.

I don't care about the couple pairing much. I have stuck to the forum and the show, with its utter lack of logic recently, mostly because of Hammie's musings. 

For now - I just want them to make Zaroon interesting again or if they want to go the other route: get zaroon-Sultant divorced soon and handle the religious aspects carefully. We have not seen an inter-religious love story on ITV so it may be interesting if handled carefully.