Misleading original promos

Posted: 4 years ago

In the original promos, Meher was supposed to be brave and facing the world. She looked obviously pregnant in her bridal dress. 

Now in the show, she is getting married even without telling Sarabjit about the pregnancy. 

Did Meher's tears and bechari-act get so much TRPs that they changed the whole story? Where is all the talk of the five K's? Where is the independence, bravery, single-mom courage? 

This is not about the leads or their acting. Everyone is doing a good job but this is not the show that they advertised - especially if Meher doesn't reveal the pregnancy before the marriage.

Yes most definitely agree, the original promo’s of the show and what they are showing is very different. 

You are right, the promo suggested Meher being brave, and strong and coming to terms with a tragedy that came into her life, and moving on. The promo even talked about becoming Kabil, so she can make something of her life, but nothing like that was shown, instead she was shown torchered and abused by her mom. Yes there is also no mention of the five k’s, but I know there was controversy regarding that before the show started so they might have omitted that.

She was shown with a visible baby bump in the promo, but that was just for visual sake I think, because we know in the tv serial world,pregnancy is shown for a very very long, I don’t think we will see a baby for a long time .

And yes last but the most important, they way they are showing Meher and Sarab’s union, I still can’t believe she is going to marry him and not tell him everything before the marriage, I keep thinking it’s going to happen but now the wedding looks like it’s been shot and it doesn’t appear as though there was any revelation to Sarab. She is being forced to marry him, and she is in no mindset for marriage, so they turned it into a typical serial which is always shown that the bride is either being forced or has to marry because of some majboori.

Even the character of Manav, he was hardly shown in the promo, and I just assumed he would die, but now they showed Meher’s mom killed him and even his death was left open ended, which means what they will bring him back , I’m trying to figure out what purpose that will serve, and if they do, then what makes this serial different from all the others.

Well I definitely think trp’s play a huge role in the stories, and of course the trp race has started for this serial too, let’s just hope that for the sake of trp’s they don’t ruin a very good  show .

Even I was holding the ray of hope that Meher will confess about her pregnanacy to Sarab before marriage. Sarab  still accepting Meher (a women with a child out of wedlock) as his wife and as a mother to Param who can teach Param right and wrong and help him mold into a fine human being would have made Sarab's character so much different and better than what we see in ITV. IT would mean that Sarab doesnt judge Meher like the rest of the world. He sees the inner goodness and kindness in her. 

But at this stage after his marriage, it is like a tricky situation where he hardly has any choice but to accept Meher no matter what. This is not how I wanted Sarab and Meher's story to start.

I still have a slight glimmer of hope that maybe they will show Meher confessing the entire truth in flashback (somehow during the mehendi day) and Sarab accepting her. 

Iam not liking that they are hiding secrets from Sarabjeet. He deserves to know everything and agree later. They are only thinking about Meher, they shud think and care about Sarab too! They make it seem like she is destined to be Sardarni of that house, even more than Sarab's mom, Sarab or his wife!! 

Iam surprised neither Meher nor her good bro and sis in law filed police complaint against kulwant.

Iam sure Meher agreed to the mrg to avenge her love on kulwant by not making her win in her wishes and also punishing her.

I feel someone saved Manav and he'll be back in future.

Edited by TeenRose1 - 4 years ago

Nothing to say about Sarab's actor..he looks his role..he literally lives in his character

Meher's actress is gud at being funny, caring to Param but her crying and sad scenes are really bad.

I feel Meher shud not have proceeded. Iam not saying it is wrong to have premarital sex..but when u have an ambitious mother like kulwant who can do anything, she shud have been careful and be matured and conscious..same with Manav

Originally posted by chitra_rao

Even I was holding the ray of hope that Meher will confess about her pregnanacy to Sarab before marriage. Sarab  still accepting Meher (a women with a child out of wedlock) as his wife and as a mother to Param who can teach Param right and wrong and help him mold into a fine human being would have made Sarab's character so much different and better than what we see in ITV. IT would mean that Sarab doesnt judge Meher like the rest of the world. He sees the inner goodness and kindness in her. 

But at this stage after his marriage, it is like a tricky situation where he hardly has any choice but to accept Meher no matter what. This is not how I wanted Sarab and Meher's story to start.

I still have a slight glimmer of hope that maybe they will show Meher confessing the entire truth in flashback (somehow during the mehendi day) and Sarab accepting her. 

He can anyway divorce her later..but he wud accept her knowing what a good heart he is despite her mistake of hiding it

Originally posted by Payal_ap

Yes most definitely agree, the original promo’s of the show and what they are showing is very different. 

You are right, the promo suggested Meher being brave, and strong and coming to terms with a tragedy that came into her life, and moving on. The promo even talked about becoming Kabil, so she can make something of her life, but nothing like that was shown, instead she was shown torchered and abused by her mom. Yes there is also no mention of the five k’s, but I know there was controversy regarding that before the show started so they might have omitted that.

She was shown with a visible baby bump in the promo, but that was just for visual sake I think, because we know in the tv serial world,pregnancy is shown for a very very long, I don’t think we will see a baby for a long time .

And yes last but the most important, they way they are showing Meher and Sarab’s union, I still can’t believe she is going to marry him and not tell him everything before the marriage, I keep thinking it’s going to happen but now the wedding looks like it’s been shot and it doesn’t appear as though there was any revelation to Sarab. She is being forced to marry him, and she is in no mindset for marriage, so they turned it into a typical serial which is always shown that the bride is either being forced or has to marry because of some majboori.

Even the character of Manav, he was hardly shown in the promo, and I just assumed he would die, but now they showed Meher’s mom killed him and even his death was left open ended, which means what they will bring him back , I’m trying to figure out what purpose that will serve, and if they do, then what makes this serial different from all the others.

Well I definitely think trp’s play a huge role in the stories, and of course the trp race has started for this serial too, let’s just hope that for the sake of trp’s they don’t ruin a very good  show .

I thought from the promo that her husband died in war or something and she has a 5yr old son and a baby in her womb from her previous mrg and now she's moving on by marrying a good husband and becoming strong. I thought this was a progressive show for wives who lose their husbands to stand on their own feet. I was shocked as it's nothing like that! 

It's always in the synopsis that Meher's mom will kill her lover

yeah exactly the changed it according to trp thing n dragging it for more rating no direct confession about it

I just feel bad for manav what is his fault? I thought she will filed police complaint against her mom then marry with sarabjeet. Manav should get justice.