Performance Discussion 3 & 4 August

Posted: 4 years ago

Anu Malik, Sameer, Badshah & Dosti special. Discuss this weekend's performances here.

So we had the first group performance yesterday by Salman's team.

And the next week I guess we are going to have to have the first elimination. Two of the lowest contestants are going to be eliminated. I am still not understanding their procedure.

Again the usual Shoaib (sorry don't know his name's spelling) vs Salman. But, I don't know about others, I was seriously irritated with this. They know this is the only dramatic thing they have so they are utilising it. I personally feel that yesterday they went a bit overboard. Shoaib's attitude looked a bit disrespectful to me. And as I said, it is strictly my personal opinion.

Edited by Nikki_srk - 4 years ago

Originally posted by Nikki_srk

And the next week I guess we are going to have to have the first elimination. Two of the lowest contestants are going to be eliminated. I am still not understanding their procedure.

Again the usual Shoaib (sorry don't know his name's spelling) vs Salman. But, I don't know about others, I was seriously irritated with this. They know this is the only dramatic thing they have so they are utilising it. I personally feel that yesterday they went a bit overboard. Shoaib's attitude looked a bit disrespectful to me. And as I said, it is strictly my personal opinion.

The problem is that the show itself is encouraging Shoaib to do this, every guest that comes asks him the same, as if they don't know, and then the so called jugalbandhi starts.. Only Alka controlled it last week. Nitin especially is taking full advantage of this!!

I am yet to watch Sunday episode. So I will give my reviews on Saturday episode.

I really liked Urgen-Biren's performance.. Sachin needs to utilize Urgen more the way Nitin is utilizing Prity in every duet. I realized Urgen's voice sounds lovely in romantic songs, her voice has an amazing maturity and charm for her age, and it is enjoyable to watch her. Urgen was better than Biren in the duet.

For the first time I liked Sneha and Tapolabdha. Nishtha was ok for me, not that great. Prity is becoming a pro in duets, she complements her partners so well. Prity-Mauli duet I liked more than Prity-Harshit. Mauli is becoming another fav for me, a strong voice and stage presence. Saatwik was forgettable.

Salman's group performance was good, but again like Nitin, he is a smart captain and knows how to utilize his team members. He made mainly Sneha and Faazil sing in the group more as they are his stronger members.

Special mention to Salman's moh moh ke dhaage πŸ‘πŸΌ. And the jugalbandhi of Salman-Shoaib for Yaara O Yaara was also good. I must say the scale was very high. Salman gave it a tough fight but Shoaib my god, I couldn't believe he could reach the high notes in the end, even Salman couldn't πŸ˜†

Originally posted by Nikki_srk

I thought they will stop Salman & Soyeb after Anu declared Soyeb the winner but no.

Originally posted by jenny156

Special mention to Salman's moh moh ke dhaage πŸ‘πŸΌ. And the jugalbandhi of Salman-Shoaib for Yaara O Yaara was also good. I must say the scale was very high. Salman gave it a tough fight but Shoaib my god, I couldn't believe he could reach the high notes in the end, even Salman couldn't πŸ˜†

Salman can make any song his own. I don't think he was even prepared for that song but he sang so beautifully.

Soyeb has great great potential.

Originally posted by altgr

Salman can make any song his own. I don't think he was even prepared for that song but he sang so beautifully.

I think purposely didn’t sing his level high pitch, so soyeb don’t need to feel bad. This kid need to change his attitude, he need to take it as a challenge and need to respect Salman. So that he can learn from him. I am big fan of Salman.

My review on Sunday's episode..

First performance, Saatwik and Aarohi, Aarohi sang much better, this girl can sing in such high scale, so underrated she is. Thanu-Faazil were very enjoyable. Shekinah was amazing, but my question is will she continue to sing in her style? πŸ€” Let's see next week Independence special what does she sing. 

Nishtha-Sachin were another amazing combo. Ankona sang beautifully, I got lost in her singing. So did Mauli, amazing, I really missed Javed that time . Guntas-Jyotica were good but not that great. 

Not sure if I missed anyone πŸ€”

Originally posted by altgr

Salman is an amazing singer. He was my favorite participant in Indian idol. He truly has the voice quality to sing both high and low notes. And as you said, he can make any song his own.

Soyeb is also really good but this kid need to control his attitude a bit.