•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 4 years ago

SPM ~My Musings~ 9.7.19~ Make somebody sick !

Makes me wonder who were the ones who literally caused the grand ole' man of Shah dynasty,Syed  Ghazi Shah to become ill? To my mind, fate,  close loved ones, events, all may have contributed to him taking to the bed. There is also his personal disposition that may have been a contributory factor too. Overall too many issues came at the frail old man, all at once,  no wonder he ended up with MI..

Saltanat was sick at heart, emotionally disturbed by Mainjaan’s illness. His last harsh words when she left home, couldn’t keep her away from visiting him. Saltanat clearly has stronger links with  Mainjaan than Zaroon.It was seen how restless she was to see her grandfather,  in the manner she was the first out of the two, to step inside her home.

A life-threatening illness was enough to make the prodigallovers return back to their nest. But not without full on family drama! Mainjaan’s condition also serves to be like a family reunion between the Sufiyana lovers and their mothers. As is not uncommon in trauma situations, old grievances are also dug up to make things difficult for the wrong doers. Cutting caustic blames for Mainjaan’s condition are flung at each other, by Rubina and Ghazala too. Sabina and Dadi do the work of ensuring that the lovers stay well out ofthe family never to return! They sow enough malice.. regurgitate Saroon's  action! 

Dadi being the elder now, since Mainjaan’s infirmity, wields her power against the Sufiyana lovers. she uses the only too willing Kainat, to do the honour of showing the pair the way out. Dadi also ensures that both sisters remain apart. As if Zaroon being the bone of contention was not enough. Clearly ,Dadi, Sabina are type cast characters who derive pleasure from others suffering. People who thrive upon others miseries and failings. Jealous of others joys.

I would say both Saltanat and Zaroon expected the varied reception they got from their family members on their return. They take all with a pinch of salt . Not Zaroon though, he gives Dadi and Sabina , as good as he gets! regards their moralizing stances! Saltanat however maintains her dignity and only requests to see  Mainjaan. As expected they both are fobbed off! Yet, while the other women were all highly strung by their presence. Zainab’s general calm acceptance, becomes  welcoming for Saltanat and Zaroon. She even gives signals for Kainat to back off!

It was  touching to see the power of prayer, especially Saltanat’s prayer. that finally revives consciousnessto a passed out Mainjaan.

This trip to see their grandfather gives Saltanat and Zaroon, a valid and remaining right to enquire about their elder's ailing condition. Saltanat is hypersensitive to atmosphere. She even picks up vibes that all is not well within the family. She must have noticed the way how their mothers sneered at each other. As if to warn them both, that ill feeling resides amongst family members in this house. What  could be worse for Saltanat and Zaroon  than to hear loud and clear, that apart from their mothers having a go at each other,  their fathers Mamoon and Nadeem too bellow ateach other's necks!

Being away from home for a day seems they have missed a lifetime of familial happenings. Humza and Neelam were missing for some reason.I had imagined Neelam would be there, seeing Saltanat and Zaroon were coming back to test the waters.

Over all, for me despite Mainjaan’s illness it is a positive episode. Zaroon and Saltanat in a way make their peace with their grandfather. Since he comes around  specifically after Sultanat’s prayer, leads me to believe that he probably  sensed her presence. Also when Kainat brings Mainjaan a drink, he nearly calls her Saltanat..which annoys her tremendously. I also feel that this illness set back, and surviving it, may be a humbling experience for Mainjaan. Where previously his heart had hardened, now it just may soften. He just may dispense forgiveness to Saltanat and Zaroon, shortly.

Another good thing if only hypocritical and on the outside, Kainat actually acknowledges Saltanat and Zaroon as a couple and even wishes them well. Just like Zaroon had wished her well when she got engaged to Humza.  However Kainat being both sick in the mind and at heart, throws in her bit of giving Zaroon the guilt trip.. she wishes them well, even though what she desired, wished for,never came true.

The rest of the episode shows throughout ,Dadi is one fiend who keeps stirring trouble to torture Mainjaan about appointing an heir, before he kicks the bucket. I also feel that she will create trouble to ensure Mainjaan does not have a change of heart as far as forgiving the Sufiyana pair is concerned.

Precap: Kainat’s phone, the song.. seems familiar to  Saltanat.  Will she expose Kainat? or will Zainab ask Saltanat, a return for the favour of saving her life, leading her to and granting her Zaroon??

Thanks Irshita, Mishfan for continuing to read my musings Lonely thots. missing you, hope you not sick of the show?..love hammie    

Edited by Hamlet53 - 4 years ago

Ok episode. For once, I didn't mind the pace because it played well on the family dynamics. Sultanat and Zaroon could see the daggers but not the reasons for the daggers being drawn. 

I liked how Zainab helped Sultanat without stirring the pot. 

Dadi is a miserable person who is incapable of living or letting people live (or die) in peace. Unfortunately, people like her more common than we would like to admit. I am not sure if the CVs are planning to set her up as a major antagonist or she is just going to be a sideshow. Except for her ultra-sharp tongue, she is powerless in the family. 

I like Sabina - she is the comic relief the show needed. She makes a couple of caustic remarks but falls flat on her almost immediately.

What was the need for the stabbing dream sequence? 

discussion continued from the prior thread

Originally posted by Hamlet53

i still feel he should have left and inisited for their sufiyana loves sake , to trust him..wait for him.. and he would return to take her, marry her..honourably.. thier action to me seems impractical.. cvs ofcourse want me to believe.. love is passion and impractical..

PS 

living where Iam  i see an individual's family unit  as an empowering way of life.. the east..boasts of the family unit, however unstable it may be. one never walks alone, suffers alone.. There are those elderly here, who live on thier own, come under the banner of the vulnerable. their children have grown up, flown the nest and only see thier elderly relatives on  festival days..  Yes in the west, human life is valued more  than perhaps in other areas of the world.. even animals right to live is given value... But  overall  I would go for a fine balance between personal and family life.. its a case of good governance, people need to recognize their roles, strengths ,weaknesses  and give value to  each others needs.. But  in family units, assets, inheritance, competition and comparisons, between offsprings can also lead to discord. Here in the care sector, the first feature that is checked by health sector is whether the patient has any family  or not? Irshita, there is a vast number of old people who end up under state care.. all the more because people live longer..

I also would have liked to see Zaroon asking Sultanat to stay back at least once - maybe as a gesture to protect her from the unknown i.e. life on the streets. But I liked that Sultanat left with him. She was responsible for him to be thrown out so she needs to stand by him. 

The whole sequence has been impractical and unrealistic but if Kainaat can turn from innocence personified to devil incarnate in a few episodes, anything is possible.

I was brought up in a family with strong individualistic undercurrents. We were told you are responsible for yourself, your decisions, and your happiness. Despite this, we are very close as family. I believe this happened because in my case the family was the support system and not a set of rules and duties that must be followed to remain a part of the family unit. Most families, especially joint families, are too restrictive and prescriptive about what one can do or not do (my experience only).

Reasons may be different in UK and India but elder abuse or neglect is a big problem in India too. However, no one acknowledges it or talks about it.

I don't know about others but I find Zaroon and Saltant adorable togather. Their scenes shows a deep friendship and respect for eachother if not crazy romantic chemistry. I was so worried for the lead of Hally as she exceptional actress and anyone who is even a bit lesser than her would have made the whole serial a mess. Thankfully for me atleast I found Rajveer. I hadn't seen his any show before and was extremely skeptical whether he wil be able to do justice to her acting powers. But I am surprised nd happy that I have find him. He is doing  a great work as a young rebalious boy who thinks that works around him is too jusgemental and don't know the right thing. All of us have these streak in our life where we feel that whatever we know is the ultimate right thing in the world and others have just become currupt after so many years of their life or too old to understand the new world. For me zaroon has protryated that flawed guy to the perfection. There was a time then I was like I would never be able to like anyone with Helly if it's not Varun but Ranveer has been a sweet surprise and kodus to him for being that. 

I find kainat is a psychopath and should be treated for a behavior. she should not to kept hidden from the consequences of her crimes. I don't like that Zainab has still not told miajaan and others about her this trait and this can put others life in danger. 

Originally posted by  Irshita

hello Irshita.. good to see you ..

Ok episode. For once, I didn't mind the pace because it played well on the family dynamics. Sultanat and Zaroon could see the daggers but not the reasons for the daggers being drawn. 

well, it was probably wise to avoid confrontation.. as they saw the gravity of why they returned home.. for mainjaan..the lot have been told about the court marriage..so best to let attacks bounce off.

I liked how Zainab helped Sultanat without stirring the pot. 

yes  she can be calm, to contain flammable situations.. besides, she was  another one who supported  saltanat  zaroon bond..

Dadi is a miserable person who is incapable of living or letting people live (or die) in peace. Unfortunately, people like her more common than we would like to admit. I am not sure if the CVs are planning to set her up as a major antagonist or she is just going to be a sideshow. Except for her ultra-sharp tongue, she is powerless in the family. 

oh for sure every family has a few.. such folks never help lessen sensitive situations.. Irshita, I always sensed she hates mainjaan.. covets his power etc.. you are right she is quite insignificant.. its mainjaan who gives her credence for being his daughters MIL..

I like Sabina - she is the comic relief the show needed. She makes a couple of caustic remarks but falls flat on her almost immediately.

She is an interesting cameo.. kainat's sidekick.. but me too like her bits when she ends up putting her foot in her mouth

What was the need for the stabbing dream sequence?

what  stabbing dream sequence..???hain? in UK it was chopped off.. because I didn't see any such scene..Irshita here censor board is very strict about showing stabbings , even as home entertainment ..  they aim to de-glamorise it. Cases of real stabbings are frequent and thus offenders are severely  dealt with..  A  friend of my also mentioned some kainat whipping herself scene.. we were not shown this incident in the telecast .. as it was probably giving the message of  violence against  one self.. 

I wonder if the cv's  actually realize that  at times they too cross limits they  should be covering? do they not consider what message is being given  to viewers..

any way, enough of my prattle.. thanks for reading and commenting.. much obliged love hammie

Originally  posted as carry forward from previous thread..

I also would have liked to see Zaroon asking Sultanat to stay back at least once - maybe as a gesture to protect her from the unknown i.e. life on the streets. But I liked that Sultanat left with him. She was responsible for him to be thrown out so she needs to stand by him. 

yes me understands that.. but going by the rules of  where they are currently living in..  men and women's actions are judged by a different yardstick.. it'll take time to change the way  people think

The whole sequence has been impractical and unrealistic but if Kainaat can turn from innocence personified to devil incarnate in a few episodes, anything is possible.

yes this is true.. mind you cvs will do full justice of crucifying kainat for her evil misdeeds.. drowning saltanat is  approaching faster than we can blink... 

I was brought up in a family with strong individualistic undercurrents. We were told you are responsible for yourself, your decisions, and your happiness. Despite this, we are very close as family. I believe this happened because in my case the family was the support system and not a set of rules and duties that must be followed to remain a part of the family unit. Most families, especially joint families, are too restrictive and prescriptive about what one can do or not do (my experience only)

loved .. the bold lines.. yes me to look to my family for support systems..  many like my self have a family spread over two nations.. so for where Iam I have to do with what little family  I have..  but yes do feel the need to be advised and guided in life about decisions too hard for me to handle on my own..

Reasons may be different in UK and India but elder abuse or neglect is a big problem in India too. However, no one acknowledges it or talks about it.

so sad.. however  have to say that here, the  Indo subcontinent elderly  are mostly cared  for by thier families.. rather than  ending up in care homes..  Here the rights of age concern  is a big thing.. but it does depend on tax payers money..

great to share thoughts with you irshita..  love hammie

Originally  posted by ria2794

hello ria 😊, good to see you  on my post.

I don't know about others but I find Zaroon and Saltant adorable togather. Their scenes shows a deep friendship and respect for eachother if not crazy romantic chemistry. 

yes they do seem to bond  and support each other.. but iam an old fashioned  person, who believes in the sancity of marriage.. done by the blessings and support of two families ..

I was so worried for the lead of Hally as she exceptional actress and anyone who is even a bit lesser than her would have made the whole serial a mess. Thankfully for me atleast I found Rajveer. I hadn't seen his any show before and was extremely skeptical whether he wil be able to do justice to her acting powers. 

I must admit that i saw Rajveer in the Amla show and he did a fine job with the lead..

here in SPM he has brought Zaroon's character to life...Zaroon's rejection of Kainat on the basis of how she seemed in the photograph , put me right off him.. thought Zaroon as cold and judgemental.. also was put off by his childish games and demands for i love you's from Saltanat.. who compared too him, saltanat  seemed emancipated,  and mature 

Currently  both of them   seem to be compatiable .. 

But I am surprised nd happy that I have find him. He is doing  a great work as a young rebalious boy who thinks that works around him is too jusgemental and don't know the right thing. All of us have these streak in our life where we feel that whatever we know is the ultimate right thing in the world and others have just become currupt after so many years of their life or too old to understand the new world. For me zaroon has protryated that flawed guy to the perfection. There was a time then I was like I would never be able to like anyone with Helly if it's not Varun but Ranveer has been a sweet surprise and kodus to him for being that. 

regards Helly .its a common feature with viewers that  have thier favourite pairing,, and half given the choice we want the pair to be repeated more than once.. Needless to say ,that its the story line that  determines the popularity  of the pairing.. also the popularity of the actor depends on the type of   character  he or she are portraying.. i think both Helly  and Rajveer are doing fairly well  in the roles of Saltanat and Zaroon.. 

I find kainat is a psychopath and should be treated for a behavior. she should not to kept hidden from the consequences of her crimes. I don't like that Zainab has still not told miajaan and others about her this trait and this can put others life in danger. 

Kainat has mental health issues  the cvs have no moral qualms about showing her in this way in a way its because of her the two gravitated  towards each other..

judging  from Tuesday's precap , not long before kainat will be exposed shortly..

Ria its was great to read your views, I welcome them, so do pop by when ever you   have something  to  share..love hammie