Radha Krishna

July 6th: What a beautiful episode

AreYaar thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

After manyyy days, an RK episode got so many things right. I know this show meanders off into lame angles from time to time but when it gets it right, it is worth applauding👏.

The central premise of this episode was again about equality.....it addressed the blatant sexism that still very much exists in society. Ayan puffs up with importance when he is given the status of a "Guru"  and has a woman kneeling at his feet, washing his feet.....but bristles with indignation at the implication that he as a "man" would ever be expected to wash a woman's feet. The rest of the sages chime in with similar thoughts.....that firstly a woman can never even be expected to be a Guru, and secondly anyone washing her feet would be unthinkable.  How far removed is this from present day society where most men firstly find it hard to even ENVISION a woman at a high status, let alone then adjust to giving her the respect that should come with that stature?.....sadly, not very far fetched. 

And here is where Krishna steps in with some words of wisdom yet again....he speaks exactly to this point.....that just because you are not used to seeing a woman in the stature of a Guru does not change the honor that comes with it.....man or woman, a Guru should be given the same level of respect.....if a man's feet can be washed to convey that respect, so can a woman's.  

I'm going to keep aside the central premise of the show for now which mostly leaves Radha as a passive vessel/prop used to explain Krishna's teachings to mankind....lol that larger problem will remain a backdrop.....but the premise in this episode was very nicely shown and I feel like appreciating that. 

That most beautiful and emotionally impactful part of the episode comes when Krishna actually washes Radha's feet.....sooo beautifully enacted and shot👏.....I must give props to the team for that.....the song was so on point in the spirituality of the moment too.....conveying that aspect of Krishna and Radha being one in the way they both worship each other.....neither is considered less than the other.....Krishna's eyes brimming with tears as he feels emotional over the blessed nature of the moment and Radha briefly smiling....it truly felt like a spiritual exchange....deeply soulful. 

Another bit I liked in the episode was Krishna talking about how you should make your choices in life.....he gave the example of choosing a Guru but it applies to many things on a larger level as well....never choose something because of pressure from obligations, relationships or society.....choose from the heart. A true Guru is the one who takes his/her disciple towards the path of Mukti, not towards caging him/her merely in the cycle of duties.  Again, Krishna is speaking about a higher purpose here that is beyond being caged in labels.....Radha is currently caught up in "patni dharam" as a label.....something many in society are guilty of.....getting caught up in labels rather than understanding the true meaning of a relationship and its purpose in your life on a larger level. 

Overall, I am still quite liking this track in terms of the interactions and conversations between RK.....I find this much better than the baadha tracks which were just going around in circles after a point.....now there is a true sense of LEARNING in this track.....since they've literally turned it into a Guru Shishya thing now....lol.....Krishna may have invoked Radha as his Guru but ultimately as usual, she will be the one learning the meaning of samarpan through this track....he will demonstrate by himself showing his samarpan to his Guru Radha.  

Edited by AreYaar - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AreYaar thumbnail

"Prem ke hain asankhya roop, prem ke yeh bhaav"

mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9

Tbh, i havent seen few epi because of visible content distortion from known sources and beliefs as the ml, fl are worshipped. So its difficult to accept their version.

But, spiritually a guru-shishya's love for each other is again as pure as love of mother-child. Guru holds shishya's hand, takes him to path of progress. Thus begins the journey of a soul only to merge with the supreme soul.

Guru removes veil of maya, showing path of glorious height leading to the ultimate aim of each soul, who is born on earth. 

Shishya in turn offers complete samarpan, having full faith in his/her guru. Obeys his orders, follows guidence without any doubt.

Guru-shishya's bond is pure. Lucky are those, who find the real and capable guru. 

Even the guru is forrunate enough to find a right shishya, whom he/she can impart vidya.

Vidya is a complete, practical, implemented, practiced knowledge. Its much more then just knowledge.

Thanks for making this topic. 😊

AreYaar thumbnail

This content was originally posted by-mnx12

Tbh, i havent seen few epi because of visible content distortion from known sources and beliefs as the ml, fl are worshipped. So its difficult to accept their version.

But, spiritually a guru-shishya's love for each other is again as pure as love of mother-child. Guru holds shishya's hand, takes him to path of progress. Thus begins the journey of a soul only to merge with the supreme soul.

Guru removes veil of maya, showing path of glorious height leading to the ultimate aim of each soul, who is born on earth. 

Shishya in turn offers complete samarpan, having full faith in his/her guru. Obeys his orders, follows guidence without any doubt.

Guru-shishya's bond is pure. Lucky are those, who find the real and capable guru. 

Even the guru is forrunate enough to find a right shishya, whom he/she can impart vidya.

Vidya is a complete, practical, implemented, practiced knowledge. Its much more then just knowledge.

Thanks for making this topic. 😊

I'm not going to get into the distortion debate since there are plenty of 10 page threads on this forum regarding that😆. 

If I personally connect to an episode, I feel like appreciating it, that's all. Obviously everyone will come at it from their own perspectives.....the writing is flawed since day one in many aspects....but when some episodes present some points nicely, I think those are worth appreciating rather than always devolving the discussion into whether or not this is factually adhering to the scriptures. Hardly anything in this show since day one seems to have followed the scriptures....lol 

That said, thank you for your thoughts on the Guru-Shishya bond.....nicely put😊

@bold: That's true as well....it is ultimately about Samarpan....and that is precisely why I think Krishna has chosen this route as an analogy to teach Radha about Samarpan. As you said, even the Guru-Shishya bond is one of love similar to a parent-child relationship....the Guru guides the Disciple towards the right path while the Disciple provides complete faith and submittance to the Guru....trusting that Guru to lead him/her towards the light.  

Which is what Krishna is trying to show Radha....that love is ultimately about completely submitting to it.....he is talking about the spiritual aspect of it...which is beyond the restrictions and labels of society.....He is asking Radha to realize that Love functions on a higher plane than societal norms and regulations....but Radha's mind is still currently obscured by those very societal restrictions so she is not able to see what he is saying.  He is not asking her to give up her marital obligations or run away with him....he is asking her only to accept the sublime truth of the spiritual nature of love....especially the love they share....this is only about accepting a truth that is above all these societal restrictions.....not to necessarily run away from everything. 

I found this scene beautiful because it depicted how pure Krishna's love for Radha is in the way he was giving her the honor of a Guru, worshiping her by washing her feet....it was a beautiful depiction of that divine sentiment. 

BARBlE thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

your analysis was  nice to read 👍🏼appreciate it...

and thanks for the screen caps... may i ask from where are you taking the caps? because last time i checked hotstar around midnight yesterday, it was providing potato quality videos 🤪

AreYaar thumbnail

This content was originally posted by-BARBlE

your analysis was  nice to read 👍🏼appreciate it...

and thanks for the screen caps... may i ask from where are you taking the caps? because last time i checked hotstar around midnight yesterday, it was providing potato quality videos 🤪

Thanks 😊

I took the screencaps from Hotstar only. The quality was fine when I watched it today. 

mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9

This content was originally posted by-AreYaar

If I personally connect to an episode, I feel like appreciating it, that's all. Obviously everyone will come at it from their own perspectives.....the writing is flawed since day one in many aspects....but when some episodes present some points nicely, I think those are worth appreciating rather than always devolving the discussion into whether or not this is factually adhering to the scriptures. Hardly anything in this show since day one seems to have followed the scriptures....lol 

@ Bold, is the perfect attitude. It can happen with neutral outlook. You've mastered the art with years of tv viewing experience. 😆

Edited by mnx12 - 4 years ago
AreYaar thumbnail

This content was originally posted by-mnx12

@ Bold, is the perfect attitude. It can happen with neutral outlook. You've mastered the art with years of tv viewing experience. 😆

Haha thank you 😆

I don’t know if I’ve mastered it really,  but I do know there’s far more actual trash on TV right now and this is among the rare shows that provides some lovely emotional and spiritual moments (excluding the Ayan-Jatila-Kans Asurs crap 😆). 

Simply put, the good scenes that do happen are worth appreciating beyond the cliched melodrama. Most shows these days can’t even get that simple thing right, so I value it as a stand-alone whenever I get to see it.

Viswasruti thumbnail

This content was originally posted by-AreYaar

👏

After manyyy days, an RK episode got so many things right. I know this show meanders off into lame angles from time to time but when it gets it right, it is worth applauding👏.

@AreYaar, appreciate every point you made through this post.👏 Really it is a good episode, though, there are some statements and ideas are quite contradictory to one another -- Krishna washing Radha's feet gives true meaning to Guru sishya sambandh, and in a way a corrective measure to that gender biased statements from Puffed Ayan and miffed rishivars! 

The expressions of Sumedh and Mallika were really worth watching, a heartwarming scene it was! They've shown their mettle through that scene, highly talented actors!👏

The central premise of this episode was again about equality.....it addressed the blatant sexism that still very much exists in society. Ayan puffs up with importance when he is given the status of a "Guru"  and has a woman kneeling at his feet, washing his feet.....but bristles with indignation at the implication that he as a "man" would ever be expected to wash a woman's feet. The rest of the sages chime in with similar thoughts.....that firstly a woman can never even be expected to be a Guru, and secondly anyone washing her feet would be unthinkable.  How far removed is this from present day society where most men firstly find it hard to even ENVISION a woman at a high status, let alone then adjust to giving her the respect that should come with that stature?.....sadly, not very far fetched. 

Wonderfully explained!🤗 The cultural construct of Indian society which reinforces gender bias against men and women, with varying degrees and variable contexts against the opposite sex, has led to the continuation of India's strong preference for male children, and unfortunately, in almost all the teleserials are promoting and  projecting the same concept gleefully to garner the viewers' attention. Surprisingly, most of the viewers are women, but still, they are accepting such stories without any question. I felt very happy to see such teaching through a Godhead to the viewers. 

And here is where Krishna steps in with some words of wisdom yet again....he speaks exactly to this point.....that just because you are not used to seeing a woman in the stature of a Guru does not change the honor that comes with it.....man or woman, a Guru should be given the same level of respect.....if a man's feet can be washed to convey that respect, so can a woman's.  

The Indian perspective says that the aim of human life is to grow by inner and outer experience until he/she realizes his/her spirit, becomes divine in knowledge, in will and in the joy of his/her being. In the course of achieving this transforming experience, the guru holds a special place. The guru-disciple interaction touches deep and regressed layers of the two main features of the relationship, surrender of the shishya and intimacy with the guru. Real teaching is believed to occur when the disciple has disciplined himself and is tuned to the wavelength of the guru. Teaching, example, and influence play significant roles in mentoring. One very distinctive characteristic of the guru-shishya relationship is its poly-variant nature. It indicates the all-encompassing quality of this relationship. Dynamics of the relationship indicate that its basis was a complete transformation of the shishya by the guru. But, here, till now Krishna tries to teach Radha on various aspects, through His teachings, he tried to relieve Radha from all her so-called Badhas, and now through surrendering himself to her feet, he is trying to teach/ explain her about their soul connection, for which is she ready? It seems this is the starting point of their learning process-- Radha about her real identity, and Krishna about his mission on earth. Actually, I'd love to see Radha as Krishna's teacher and preacher and prepare him for his future pursuits.😊  

I'm going to keep aside the central premise of the show for now which mostly leaves Radha as a passive vessel/prop used to explain Krishna's teachings to mankind....lol that larger problem will remain a backdrop.....but the premise in this episode was very nicely shown and I feel like appreciating that. 

That most beautiful and emotionally impactful part of the episode comes when Krishna actually washes Radha's feet.....sooo beautifully enacted and shot👏.....I must give props to the team for that.....the song was so on point in the spirituality of the moment too.....conveying that aspect of Krishna and Radha being one in the way they both worship each other.....neither is considered less than the other.....Krishna's eyes brimming with tears as he feels emotional over the blessed nature of the moment and Radha briefly smiling....it truly felt like a spiritual exchange....deeply soulful. 

Thanks for the caps.😊 well said, yes , felt like a spiritual exchange.smiley27A visual treat to the soul .

Another bit I liked in the episode was Krishna talking about how you should make your choices in life.....he gave the example of choosing a Guru but it applies to many things on a larger level as well....never choose something because of pressure from obligations, relationships or society.....choose from the heart. A true Guru is the one who takes his/her disciple towards the path of Mukti, not towards caging him/her merely in the cycle of duties.  Again, Krishna is speaking about a higher purpose here that is beyond being caged in labels.....Radha is currently caught up in "patni dharam" as a label.....something many in society are guilty of.....getting caught up in labels rather than understanding the true meaning of a relationship and its purpose in your life on a larger level. 

Overall, I am still quite liking this track in terms of the interactions and conversations between RK.....I find this much better than the baadha tracks which were just going around in circles after a point.....now there is a true sense of LEARNING in this track.....since they've literally turned it into a Guru Shishya thing now....lol.....Krishna may have invoked Radha as his Guru but ultimately as usual, she will be the one learning the meaning of samarpan through this track....he will demonstrate by himself showing his samarpan to his Guru Radha.  

Thanks for this wonderful post. 

AreYaar thumbnail

This content was originally posted by-Viswasruti

But, here, till now Krishna tries to teach Radha on various aspects, through His teachings, he tried to relieve Radha from all her so-called Badhas, and now through surrendering himself to her feet, he is trying to teach/ explain her about their soul connection, for which is she ready? It seems this is the starting point of their learning process-- Radha about her real identity, and Krishna about his mission on earth. Actually, I'd love to see Radha as Krishna's teacher and preacher and prepare him for his future pursuits.smiley1  

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the Guru Disciple equation, Viswasruti :). Really enjoyed reading them. 

@bold: I would love to see this as well but I don’t want to get my hopes up 😆. The show hardly ever gives Radha a chance to be the teacher or the chance to show her divine energy. But yesterday was a rare scene where we got to see how Krishna venerates Radha. For there would be no anant prem without Radha. And when she smiled at him, that felt like a rare glimpse of divine Radha peeking through smiling at her Krishna. 

I know the show is generally a Krishna show and only be imparts teachings in this but it would be nice if they could show Radha (wittingly or unwittingly) playing the part of teacher for once. 

The idea you’ve mentioned has so much promise. A Radha preparing Krishna for his future pursuits. It would give more depth and meaning to the portrayal of their divine connection.  But I’m not sure the writers can think beyond what next Asur can show up 😆