Radha Krishna

The seeming intent behind this track

AreYaar thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

I haven't posted in this forum in a long time now but the recent track of Krishna trying to teach the subliminal nature of love through "samarpan" took me back to some early discussions in this forum when the show had just started. 

I remember some of us wondering at that point how the writers would tackle the inevitable nature of "viraah" or "separation" for RK since that is where their story is inevitably headed. Some one mentioned that the book that this show seems inspired from referenced a Krishna who talks subconsciously to Radha even after reaching Mathura. 

I lost interest in the show during the whole random marriage track even though I could tell it would be a cop out....lol if I really stretch my imagination, I can KINDA see what they were trying to do....and again, here I would credit a lot to Sumedh's acting who manages to sell the jalebi like twists of Krishna's persona from human to God and back to human over and over again.....lol 

I skipped the melodrama of the shaadi and bidaai epis but I tuned in for the epi when Krishna was about to leave Barsana "forever" cuz I was curious to see if they would actually move the story in that direction.....but LOL ofcourse they managed to flip it again.....however, I don't mind this turn of events so much. 

First....the core nature of RK's story in my opinion is the subliminal quality of their love.....which frankly was somewhat diluted in all the back and forth of Asur marathons, constantly frowning Radha and just general frolicking around. Some of the best early RK epis have been those that touch upon the pain of the curse, the separation from the first epi. The marriage track suddenly switched gears to showing an "indulgent" Krishna in a sense who got caught up himself in the trappings of mankind....wanting to savor the feeling of a union with Radha in human form. Again, this is where the creative liberties came in.....but then again, most of the show has been filled with creative liberties in charting this story. I can live with creative liberties if they carry some emotional heft as an arc. 

It seems this version of Krishna himself grapples with human failings from time to time even as he tries to teach mankind to rise above them. He got carried away in the marriage track....first in wanting to experience marriage with Radha, then deciding to sacrifice for the sake of her parents, deciding to leave the village itself....but achieving a new clarity when Radha came to meet him just as he was leaving Barsana. As he explained to Balram then, he had been grappling with destiny....even God himself grappled in human form it seems....lol perhaps because love has so many forms, even God himself is learning even as he teaches.....haha. Jokes aside, that is what I could gather from this turn of events....Krishna thought him and Radha had to move on to fulfilling their duties after this point.....but her return made him pause and realize that they are still yet to truly reach the subliminal point of love. 

Despite all the back and forth soap tropes the show throws in from time to time, Krishna has essentially maintained that his and Radha's love is beyond any labels, relationships or any restrictions....this track essentially brings focus back on that core theme. For it now speaks of what happens when love is suppressed or sacrificed in the course of life.....does it just end overnight simply because you married someone else? Love in its purest form is unbound, free, endless.....so how can it suddenly vanish when society attempts to suppress it? Radha is currently bound by these very attempts to suppress and constrict her love....she is bound by a society that tells her that her husband is her master and the reason for her existence so she is trying to channel her energies there now. I see a Radha once again struggling between her love for Krishna and the rules imposed on her by society. 

Which is why this track is being labeled one of "samarpan"....of total immersion and submittance in love.....Krishna is trying to show Radha and subsequently mankind that love cannot be caged and bound by the rules of society.....it is subliminal in nature and only those who have achieved total immersion in it can understand this truth.  If done right, this track can strike the right balance between emotional depth and angst.....but that would require some nuance....lol 

The show really is just a series of tests for RK as the curse continues on.....her getting married to Ayan is a part of that test....everything that can technically seperate them is in place.....and if they still aren't seperated, if they still manage to achieve that subliminal level of love.....a love that is beyond body, mind, society, relationships, everything.....that is when they rise above the curse, I guess. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-girlygeek- thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: AreYaar

I haven't posted in this forum in a long time now but the recent track of Krishna trying to teach the subliminal nature of love through "samarpan" took me back to some early discussions in this forum when the show had just started. 

I remember some of us wondering at that point how the writers would tackle the inevitable nature of "viraah" or "separation" for RK since that is where their story is inevitably headed. Some one mentioned that the book that this show seems inspired from referenced a Krishna who talks subconsciously to Radha even after reaching Mathura. 

I lost interest in the show during the whole random marriage track even though I could tell it would be a cop out....lol if I really stretch my imagination, I can KINDA see what they were trying to do....and again, here I would credit a lot to Sumedh's acting who manages to sell the jalebi like twists of Krishna's persona from human to God and back to human over and over again.....lol 

I skipped the melodrama of the shaadi and bidaai epis but I tuned in for the epi when Krishna was about to leave Barsana "forever" cuz I was curious to see if they would actually move the story in that direction.....but LOL ofcourse they managed to flip it again.....however, I don't mind this turn of events so much. 

First....the core nature of RK's story in my opinion is the subliminal quality of their love.....which frankly was somewhat diluted in all the back and forth of Asur marathons, constantly frowning Radha and just general frolicking around. Some of the best early RK epis have been those that touch upon the pain of the curse, the separation from the first epi. The marriage track suddenly switched gears to showing an "indulgent" Krishna in a sense who got caught up himself in the trappings of mankind....wanting to savor the feeling of a union with Radha in human form. Again, this is where the creative liberties came in.....but then again, most of the show has been filled with creative liberties in charting this story. I can live with creative liberties if they carry some emotional heft as an arc. 

It seems this version of Krishna himself grapples with human failings from time to time even as he tries to teach mankind to rise above them. He got carried away in the marriage track....first in wanting to experience marriage with Radha, then deciding to sacrifice for the sake of her parents, deciding to leave the village itself....but achieving a new clarity when Radha came to meet him just as he was leaving Barsana. As he explained to Balram then, he had been grappling with destiny....even God himself grappled in human form it seems....lol perhaps because love has so many forms, even God himself is learning even as he teaches.....haha. Jokes aside, that is what I could gather from this turn of events....Krishna thought him and Radha had to move on to fulfilling their duties after this point.....but her return made him pause and realize that they are still yet to truly reach the subliminal point of love. 

Despite all the back and forth soap tropes the show throws in from time to time, Krishna has essentially maintained that his and Radha's love is beyond any labels, relationships or any restrictions....this track essentially brings focus back on that core theme. For it now speaks of what happens when love is suppressed or sacrificed in the course of life.....does it just end overnight simply because you married someone else? Love in its purest form is unbound, free, endless.....so how can it suddenly vanish when society attempts to suppress it? Radha is currently bound by these very attempts to suppress and constrict her love....she is bound by a society that tells her that her husband is her master and the reason for her existence so she is trying to channel her energies there now. I see a Radha once again struggling between her love for Krishna and the rules imposed on her by society. 

Which is why this track is being labeled one of "samarpan"....of total immersion and submittance in love.....Krishna is trying to show Radha and subsequently mankind that love cannot be caged and bound by the rules of society.....it is subliminal in nature and only those who have achieved total immersion in it can understand this truth.  If done right, this track can strike the right balance between emotional depth and angst.....but that would require some nuance....lol 

The show really is just a series of tests for RK as the curse continues on.....her getting married to Ayan is a part of that test....everything that can technically seperate them is in place.....and if they still aren't seperated, if they still manage to achieve that subliminal level of love.....a love that is beyond body, mind, society, relationships, everything.....that is when they rise above the curse, I guess. 

Totally agreed... i have skipped the marriage track too... if they bring back the same essence of initial episodes then i m totally in... i can give makers a chance to justify whatever they have done till yet... definitely they will show radhakrishns love is beyond everything... coz krishn has decided... and finally having a clear vision what he wanted to do.. unlike few episodes back when ge was all vulnerable 🙄🙄🙄

Nevertheless i so badly wanted makers to do something so i can forgive them for radha ayans marriage... coz its getting too hard to overcome that mental disaster 🤧🤧🤧

RainFire125 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

I agree to the jist of what you have mentioned, but for me personally their godliness characteristics, mainly Krishna's, should have been maintained. Then it makes sense to show that love above all prevails and it never dies. Radha is too human to showcase this and kanha himself turns human on and off!!

AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: -girlygeek-

Totally agreed... i have skipped the marriage track too... if they bring back the same essence of initial episodes then i m totally in... i can give makers a chance to justify whatever they have done till yet... definitely they will show radhakrishns love is beyond everything... coz krishn has decided... and finally having a clear vision what he wanted to do.. unlike few episodes back when ge was all vulnerable 🙄🙄🙄

Nevertheless i so badly wanted makers to do something so i can forgive them for radha ayans marriage... coz its getting too hard to overcome that mental disaster 🤧🤧🤧

Honestly speaking, Radha and Ayan’s marriage seems like a joke. It is just another attempt by Ayan to own her and it’s essentially a mirage. That’s what I think they are trying to show. That if society think they can cage love by coercively marrying a girl off to someone else, they are still wrong. Love still prevails. 

AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: RainFire125

I agree to the jist of what you have mentioned, but for me personally their godliness characteristics, mainly Krishna's, should have been maintained. Then it makes sense to show that love above all prevails and it never dies. Radha is too human to showcase this and kanha himself turns human on and off!!

I can understand your point. Yes, it’s hard to reconcile to the fact that God can be humanized sometimes. Krishna is quite Godly even in this human avatar. But at the end of the day, it is essentially a human body he is inhabiting so on a theoretical level, it’s not that far fetched if he goes through some human emotions sometimes. That is the easy trope the writers of this show keep using. 

RK’s bond in essence is supposed to be unconventional...they take an unconventional route that travels beyond what society considers “acceptable” and still manage to be divine and revered. Ultimately that is where this story should be headed. 

On some level, I do find it interesting that Krishna moves back and forth between being all knowing as a divine being and then sometimes being limited by the human body he is inhabiting. I wonder many times about whether he chooses to flow even with the setbacks and seeming injustices, because this is all in service of a higher purpose in the long run. 

Viswasruti thumbnail

Happy to see you here after a long time,😊 that too with such a great critical analysis with such wonderful sentences, such as --  the core nature of RK's story, in my opinion, is the subliminal quality of their love.....which frankly was somewhat diluted in all the back and forth of Asur marathons, constantly frowning Radha and just general frolicking around. 

AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: Viswasruti

Happy to see you here after a long time,😊 that too with such a great critical analysis with such wonderful sentences, such as --  the core nature of RK's story, in my opinion, is the subliminal quality of their love.....which frankly was somewhat diluted in all the back and forth of Asur marathons, constantly frowning Radha and just general frolicking around. 

Thank you, Viswasruti 😊. Even though the show gets frustrating many times, I still tune in from time to time cuz there is a broader core to the RK story I still like. After many days, I felt like analyzing it again 😆

ReadLo thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

I agree with what you say 80% of the time

I looked at everything, but I stopped at the wedding, now I just look to look and see how they bring their subject "samarpan" because Radha will submit to who?

Krishna the human or Krishna the God?

That's where the line is very thin! 

Yes, love is not retained by any rule, neither that of society, nor that of duty etc.... But there are still rules that cannot be crossed to satisfy this love! 

Radha is human, so waiting for her to submit to Krishna is waiting for Radha to submit to Krishna the human and not the God and then we see very well the color of this revelation!

She's black! She's black!

If Krishna was telling Radha the truth (even though she won't believe it, because she thinks he's a Mayavi) we could be comfortable with that, except that he still talks like a human, so personally I could never accept this story!

Honestly speaking, Radha and Ayan’s marriage seems like a joke. It is just another attempt by Ayan to own her and it’s essentially a mirage. That’s what I think they are trying to show. That if society think they can cage love by coercively marrying a girl off to someone else, they are still wrong. Love still prevails. 

Yes, the wedding was a joke and in very bad taste!

Ayan always wanted to own Radha, as I have often said, he thought she was the sword he always carries with him.... And yes, it's a mirage because Radha has never been his and will never be his!

Love cannot be put in a cage, but we make concessions for this love, because if you make a decision, you stick to it whether or not you love the one you are trapped with!

I can understand your point. Yes, it’s hard to reconcile to the fact that God can be humanized sometimes. Krishna is quite Godly even in this human avatar. But at the end of the day, it is essentially a human body he is inhabiting so on a theoretical level, it’s not that far fetched if he goes through some human emotions sometimes. That is the easy trope the writers of this show keep using. 

RK’s bond in essence is supposed to be unconventional...they take an unconventional route that travels beyond what society considers “acceptable” and still manage to be divine and revered. Ultimately that is where this story should be headed. 

On some level, I do find it interesting that Krishna moves back and forth between being all knowing as a divine being and then sometimes being limited by the human body he is inhabiting. I wonder many times about whether he chooses to flow even with the setbacks and seeming injustices, because this is all in service of a higher purpose in the long run. 

It would have made sense if it made sense in his way of doing things!

Personally I cannot accept his human part, he knows who he is, so he cannot react like a human, he may want to understand him by letting something happen, but he should never have wanted what humans want. 

Fate cannot command God, for the curse I understand, but as soon as they made Krishna want to get married they ruined everything and then this sacrifice happened.... I don't even want to think about it!

AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: ReadLo

Yes, love is not retained by any rule, neither that of society, nor that of duty etc.... But there are still rules that cannot be crossed to satisfy this love! 

Which rules? And who gets to decide those are rules? Society? Again, RK are beyond societal norms - what they share is metaphysical so no “rules” can really apply. There is a reason it is called “anant” prem...because it is endless, formless...it is omnipresent, omniscient like God itself. 

If Krishna was telling Radha the truth (even though she won't believe it, because she thinks he's a Mayavi) we could be comfortable with that, except that he still talks like a human, so personally I could never accept this story! I think Krishna thinks that If he tells human Radha the truth before she is ready to accept it, it would defeat the purpose of learning about the depth of samarpan through experience. 

Personally I cannot accept his human part, he knows who he is, so he cannot react like a human, he may want to understand him by letting something happen, but he should never have wanted what humans want. 

Fate cannot command God, 

Again, who are we to know or decide how Fate and God interact? How are we to know of what “rules” dictate God in human form? How are we to know in an absolute sense why God chooses to let himself be limited in a human form. If it’s all a part of a larger teaching, then he can go about it many ways. He can very well choose to savor the emotions of his own creation- mankind. He can choose to be both above them and in them simultaneously...that duality can exist if we consider the metaphysical nature of the relationship between God and mankind.

Edited by AreYaar - 4 years ago